Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Best week of football is behind us. But we're down to two promising games that will in no way match the hypeness of what we just went through

Mahomes, Stafford, Burrow, Jimmy

Sunday, 3pm: Bengals @ Chiefs

Sunday 6:30: 49ers @ Rams (except the building will be almost entirely 49ers fans)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Craziest day of playoff football I can remember :cthulhu:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Goddamn what a weekend of games that was.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

great games. now I must ask Mahomes to do the needful to Cincinnati

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Still pretty hosed up how the silicon valley mob canceled Aaron Rodgers

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
i swore that i would shave my head if the bengals made it to the SB. i have never shaved my head before, so we'll see what happens. my hair is chest length right now

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Imagine being anyone supporting the OT rules right now lolol

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The Dave posted:

https://twitter.com/rebekahentralgo/status/1485448866216484866

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Chiefs submitted a proposal to change them this off-season but got voted down heh

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That was such an awesome weekend of football, probably my favorite ever in the decade I've been watching. God, that ruled.

1) Rams/Chiefs - This has been my holy grail Super Bowl game ever since that crazy MNF game a while back and the fact that it'd be Stafford in there only makes it moreso.
2) Rams/Bengals - Super Grizzled Vet Running Out Of Time vs. Rookie On Miracle Run. Maybe the two best QB-to-WR connections in football. Joe Burrow possibly getting eaten entirely alive by Aaron Donald! This would rock.
3) 49ers/Chiefs - A rematch of 2019, with the 49ers on some insane bullshit magic run trying to exercise their final demon, with the Chiefs trying to redeem losing last year? Sounds fun as gently caress!
4) 49ers/Bengals - Two completely unpredictable unlikely runs clashing. Just the sheer amount of insanity and supposedly "better" teams these two would have to have slain to get here would make it an unbelievable feat all on its own.

I have almost no bead on either of these games. Rams and Chiefs should be the better teams and I'm pretty sure both the 49ers and Bengals are banged up kinda bad but, the Rams proved they're capable of completely imploding and the 49ers just have their number and are on some kind of, as SJ put, it, crazy bullshit 2007 Giants run. Meanwhile, the Bengals already proved they can just eat Kansas City's defense alive.

I really don't know. It feels like both games could be total stomps from either ends (okay maybe not Cincy stomping KC) or crazy shootouts that just come down to the last team to touch the ball, like all four games this weekend did!!!!!!

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

MJeff posted:

That was such an awesome weekend of football, probably my favorite ever in the decade I've been watching. God, that ruled.

1) Rams/Chiefs - This has been my holy grail Super Bowl game ever since that crazy MNF game a while back and the fact that it'd be Stafford in there only makes it moreso.
2) Rams/Bengals - Super Grizzled Vet Running Out Of Time vs. Rookie On Miracle Run. Maybe the two best QB-to-WR connections in football. Joe Burrow possibly getting eaten entirely alive by Aaron Donald! This would rock.
3) 49ers/Chiefs - A rematch of 2019, with the 49ers on some insane bullshit magic run trying to exercise their final demon, with the Chiefs trying to redeem losing last year? Sounds fun as gently caress!
4) 49ers/Bengals - Two completely unpredictable unlikely runs clashing. Just the sheer amount of insanity and supposedly "better" teams these two would have to have slain to get here would make it an unbelievable feat all on its own.

I have almost no bead on either of these games. Rams and Chiefs should be the better teams and I'm pretty sure both the 49ers and Bengals are banged up kinda bad but, the Rams proved they're capable of completely imploding and the 49ers just have their number and are on some kind of, as SJ put, it, crazy bullshit 2007 Giants run. Meanwhile, the Bengals already proved they can just eat Kansas City's defense alive.

I really don't know. It feels like both games could be total stomps from either ends (okay maybe not Cincy stomping KC) or crazy shootouts that just come down to the last team to touch the ball, like all four games this weekend did!!!!!!

I'd take any of these games but bump up Niners / Bengals for chaos to reign.

Also, Stafford is the same age as Russell Wilson and five years younger than Rodgers: 33. Beaten up? Certainly. Not really super old though. And on literally the first year away from the Lions, this stuff is happening.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm exaggerating Stafford's age a bit for effect yeah but I'm also assuming that with the state of his back, he ain't gonna be playing Brady/Brees years.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

The Dave posted:

There is no good OT rule.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Think I’m a Rams fan now.

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

MJeff posted:

I'm exaggerating Stafford's age a bit for effect yeah but I'm also assuming that with the state of his back, he ain't gonna be playing Brady/Brees years.

I don't think he will either, buuuuut being on a not-Lions team is clearly good for him.

Anyway, what a great weekend of football.

eta quote because oh yeah other people are posting

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'm exhausted after that weekend and I didn't even have a strong rooting interest for anyone playing.

That being, go Rams go Bengals.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

It's all downhill from this weekend.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Everyone this weekend:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Have we heard anything about whether Brady is going to need surgery to treat his gruesome injury?

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Good weekend of football

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

i liked the touchdowns

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

A 49ers/Bengals Superbowl would just be the defenses getting lost in the opposing Quarterback's eyes.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Have we heard anything about whether Brady is going to need surgery to treat his gruesome injury?

Can he survive being counted out successfully?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Hello yes is this where I ask for this year's SB to be a Chiefs/Rams rematch? That would be sick, thanks.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Go cinati bengos in my opinion

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Strobe posted:

Hello yes is this where I ask for this year's SB to be a Chiefs/Rams rematch? That would be sick, thanks.

are you sure you want the "never bet for or against the" rams as your opponent?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
John Matthew Stafford and the Los Angeles Rams are going to win the Super Bowl

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

DariusLikewise posted:

God willing.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

DariusLikewise posted:

Begrudgingly this is now the second best outcome.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Using a ketchup packet as a mouth guard seems unsafe

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

No Patriots. No Tom Brady.

The way its meant to be.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
the only super bowl outcome that I don't think would make for an excellent game is Niners Chiefs

Go everything but that

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Intruder posted:

are you sure you want the "never bet for or against the" rams as your opponent?

I want the Super Bowl loser to have scored 60 points and I don't rightly care who that is in that matchup tbh

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
Anyone but KC.

This has been the best playoffs in recent memory though, god drat.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Papercut posted:

Anyone but KC.

This has been the best playoffs in recent memory though, god drat.

Ehh.

This week has been great. Wild Card Weekend was a giant wet fart.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Rams have moved up from "gently caress the Rams" to "acceptable outcome" as a reward for beating Tom Brady.

Go niners.

Propaganda Bob
Aug 26, 2006

Not one step backwards!

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

a neat cape posted:

Ehh.

The wildcard round usually has a few stinkers in it. You got the top seeds going against the teams that barely got in.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

a neat cape posted:

Ehh.

Wild Card weekend had the Cowboys almost pulling off a comeback and then completely humiliating themselves, the Steelers and Patriots getting roflstomped and a genuinely very good Bengals/Raiders game, it was fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Paint Crop Pro posted:

The wildcard round usually has a few stinkers in it. You got the top seeds going against the teams that barely got in.

We did get a nice retirement party for Roethlisberger at least?

(not trying to get cheers for the Chiefs/also totally trying to do that)