Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Anyone else's 'co recently up pricing on cat food?

We buy the Maintenance Cat food for the fosters/strays and I slowly watched it climb from 16.99 to $19.99 when I last purchased it a few weeks ago. Went by today and it's $22.99 now :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Prices are going up on everything

A Jupiter
Apr 25, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

A dog is 550 calories

wait
stop

how do I unlearn something, i thought they would have been 300 cal max

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Don't look at the pizzas calories

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

A Jupiter posted:

wait
stop

how do I unlearn something, i thought they would have been 300 cal max

They dont add the condiments and onions for ya. So that goon is eating atleast 200+ calories in mayo mustard and ketchup alone

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

inflation is at like 8% and no signs of slowing down lol

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Gaius Marius posted:

thathonkey posted:

inflation is at like 8% and no signs of slowing down lol

Yeah it's a bitch. Though seeing a ~35% increase 21% increase on cat food YoY broke my brain a bit.

Edit: Looked through my old transactions and $16.99 was January of 2020 not 2021, pandemic time compression etc. January of 2021 was $18.99 so a 21% increase

jisforjosh fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jan 25, 2022

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Gaius Marius posted:

So worth it tho

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

jisforjosh posted:

Anyone else's 'co recently up pricing on cat food?

We buy the Maintenance Cat food for the fosters/strays and I slowly watched it climb from 16.99 to $19.99 when I last purchased it a few weeks ago. Went by today and it's $22.99 now :eyepop:

Oh no, I really hope Orange Bag doesn't go up that much. Luckily the cat's wet food has stayed consistent in price but just got a lot harder to find.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

Actually 620 calories is right in lunch wheelhouse calorie-wise but it's just a carb bomb and I need to hit my protein goals more than six pepperonis can provide

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

jisforjosh posted:

Yeah it's a bitch. Though seeing a ~35% increase 21% increase on cat food YoY broke my brain a bit.

Edit: Looked through my old transactions and $16.99 was January of 2020 not 2021, pandemic time compression etc. January of 2021 was $18.99 so a 21% increase

precooked bacon prices swung wildly last year. Went from 12-18-14. wild.

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009
I know this is inflation talk but I just purchased boneless leg of lamb at 2.99/lb. I did a double take when I saw it. Haven't seen those prices in over a decade. This is at Sacramento region.

PBUC

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Soul Dentist posted:

Actually 620 calories is right in lunch wheelhouse calorie-wise but it's just a carb bomb and I need to hit my protein goals more than six pepperonis can provide

I've seen some goons in here getting like 2 pizza slices and a hot dog. That's a days worth of calories right there.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i really like the costco hotdog but yeahhh it's not an every-time purchase for me

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

I've seen some goons in here getting like 2 pizza slices and a hot dog. That's a days worth of calories right there.

Yeah me literally last month and why I'm on this diet. One time I got a chicken bake, hotdog and slice. But my drink was half lemonade and half water so it was like that Tenacious D drive thru bit.

Even if I drop all the weight I'll forever have fatty brain

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

https://www.costco.com/whole-wheel-parmigiano-reggiano,-72-lbs..product.100096211.html

I love that Costco sells these things

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

I take medication that lets me be real loosey goosey with calories and there's nothing I love more than the shame of a dog+slice

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
But jesus christ if you do that more than once every 3-6 months please go see your doctor regularly

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Renegret posted:

Got a giant Sheppard's pie for dinner so now we have food for about 3 days though, so that's nice.

Trip report? Saw it on our last trip, considered, but didn't pull the trigger.

Bought a laptop from Costco the other day and surprise surprise, it's $100 off as of yesterday. Did you know requesting a price adjustment is as easy as filling out a simple form on their website, and they credit you back the difference? PBUC.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Hot dog + churro + the only real time I get a soda, and the Costco food court fills me up for like 3/4 of a day

Fuckin love it

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Midniter posted:

Unless it's a new formula for the season, the shepherd's pie is all right, but makes you say "why?" when the chicken pot pie is right there ready to get a grind of pepper and some hot sauce.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

The Midniter posted:

Bought a laptop from Costco the other day and surprise surprise, it's $100 off as of yesterday. Did you know requesting a price adjustment is as easy as filling out a simple form on their website, and they credit you back the difference? PBUC.

Which laptop?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I picked up the packaged Irish Stew that was by the refrigerated soups. I finally finished that meatloaf and I'm going to have it within the next few days. I hope it's good.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

The Midniter posted:

I like it a lot, moreso than the chicken pot pie. I buy it every year. The only problem is having to wing the cooking directions. The crust started to brown too fast so I had to wrap it in foil, which made the inside cook slower and I had to add a half hour to the cooking time. Every time I've made it I've had to adjust on the fly in some way or another.

It's poo poo ton of food though. Dinner for 2 and also lunch for my wife to take to work and we went through about 1/3 of it. It will very comfortably feed 4 hungry adults.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I've been let down pretty consistently on soups at Costco so it's not something I consider buying.

The best one I had was using the lobster bisque as a sauce for the lobster ravioli but that's pretty expensive for a single meal even by Costco standards.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I think the lobster bisque is pretty good, and was on sale for like $7.25 the last few times I've been.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Barry posted:

Which laptop?

This one.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
I took a chance on the pork bao rolls in the refrigerated section. Was not disappointed.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

bagmonkey posted:

But jesus christ if you do that more than once every 3-6 months please go see your doctor regularly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmLpSY5w6u0

This is me irl

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
It’s probably a good thing Costco only has disgusting Pepsi products on fountain. If I could get a delicious Diet Coke with that dog I’d eat them way more often.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

mds2 posted:

I took a chance on the pork bao rolls in the refrigerated section. Was not disappointed.

These were great and I’m mad I didn’t see them again on my trip last night.

They were also out of the kirkland applesauce pouches so I got the gogo ones and now my kids are gonna fight over the flavors.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

pentyne posted:

I've been let down pretty consistently on soups at Costco so it's not something I consider buying.

The best one I had was using the lobster bisque as a sauce for the lobster ravioli but that's pretty expensive for a single meal even by Costco standards.

The broccoli cheese soup is good. I had one soup that was super sweet though. I think whatever the crab soup was. King crab corn chowder or something. Inedible.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

BadSamaritan posted:

These were great and I’m mad I didn’t see them again on my trip last night.

Tried these recently as well and thought they were pretty good!

Tried the rotisserie chicken soup a month or so ago but it tasted too strongly of celery. Good concept, poor execution. :saddowns:

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

lostleaf posted:

I know this is inflation talk but I just purchased boneless leg of lamb at 2.99/lb. I did a double take when I saw it. Haven't seen those prices in over a decade. This is at Sacramento region.

PBUC

Don't know if this is just rumor bullshit, but I heard that this was going to happen, because there was a bad year for the hay and other kinds of feed that livestock need to eat to get through winter. So there would be a mass slaughter since they can't afford to feed them to keep them alive, and then low prices on meat would occur as meat flooded the market, but then since there's less livestock to make babies in the spring, a meat shock with very high prices would soon follow. So stock your freezer while you can. Again, don't know if this is bullshit. Probably.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

BigPaddy posted:

The family day out to Costco is both weird and infuriating because there is always at least two families rolling down an isle with two carts blocking the whole thing while arguing about what type of TP they need.

I don't give a poo poo about the kids as I can just plow them down with a cart, but the double wide cart people can just gently caress right off

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Shredder posted:

I don't give a poo poo about the kids as I can just plow them down with a cart, but the double wide cart people can just gently caress right off

Don't forget the old people parking their cart at a 45 degree angle in the middle of the isle whilst they read the nutrition label of each product in the row.

Oldies frequent the Costco I go to and they absolutely don't give a poo poo about anyone else, especially when it comes to nabbing samples

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I've been more frequently running into a certain brand of annoying older ladies that pull the cart with their offhand, in such a way that they manage to take up entire lanes by themselves.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Costco offers free whippets for members? God drat son!

Maybe free samples if you go on the right day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

Maybe free samples if you go on the right day?

3 for 20 my guy, no deals.