Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beer pal

any of yall ever buy computer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer pal

here's the thing: i just want to game. what the hell is an atx radeon 79000 and how do u know if its better than a gtx geforce nitro 7320

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

beer pal

do computer people just know oh that card has better ray tracing capability but the max frame rate is a little lower than this one. just by the serial number of the thing. do they just have a mental invenotry of all the cards in their head. how many gigabytes do i need

biosterous

beer pal posted:

any of yall ever buy computer

ya i bought a laptop it was on sale (a good price but NOT a deal!!!)

it had a graphics card that wasn't a million years old and a processor that was not brand new but still modern enough, also it had ram and room for more ram and storage space

later i bought more ram and more storage space and made it all SSD instead of a SSD/HDD split

my goals when buying were "i want to be able to play games that were released five years ago" and "i want it to boot and launch programs fast" so i didn't worry too much about getting the bestest fastest shiniest stuff

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

beer pal

can i just go into best buy and say give me the good computer please

selan dyin

do u have a microcenter oP

beer pal

my center is of statistically average size thank yyou very much

Heather Papps

hello friend

is it really even a computer without flashing l.e.d.'s?

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

time to check my email i think to myself as a powerful kaleidoscope of colours washes across my face.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Macnult

me: i’d like to a purchase a really good computer that’s also cool.

salesman: check this baby out [computer with a bunch of different color LEDs flashing]

me: no, i mean like an “i’m cool” one

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

every computer i have ever bought has been a 'small business computer' because you can usually get really good specs and hardware without the GAMERPC price and million blinky lights

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

apparently like serious cad or video editing is really common for smol businesspeople or something and that makes computer work hard like when it make game go

or small businesspeople are actually jsut gaming

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

beer pal posted:

my center is of statistically average size thank yyou very much

:allears:

nut

no

nut

computer? what about eduputer or orgputer or bizputwr

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
avoid computer at all costs OP. the 3DS is 3D. think about it

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Twenty Four

They keep changing the numbers so they don't make sense, but don't buy a GeForce card with too high of a number or you will get launched into space.

sb hermit

If you're not gonna play computer games then get a mac, op. Make sure you get the apple care and bring the platinum amex or whatever gets you nice stuff if you spend too much money.

David Pratt

nut posted:

computer? what about eduputer or orgputer or bizputwr

coukputer

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

beer pal posted:

here's the thing: i just want to game. what the hell is an atx radeon 79000 and how do u know if its better than a gtx geforce nitro 7320

i'm a computer toucher by trade but i can't be arsed with all the garphics cards shenanigans and malarkey. last time i needed to upgrade, i looked at the big list of graphics cards on tom's hardware and picked the one highest up the list that had the lowest price, if that makes sense

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
i hardly know er

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Dr. Honked posted:

i'm a computer toucher by trade but i can't be arsed with all the garphics cards shenanigans and malarkey. last time i needed to upgrade, i looked at the big list of graphics cards on tom's hardware and picked the one highest up the list that had the lowest price, if that makes sense

did that computr make gaem go if so then good computer fr you

Manifisto

some people when getting a computer don't even ask the computer's name. they are so interested in megahertz and flippyflops they don't take the time to consider what it takes to be in a long term relationship. that requires trust, and commitment, and friendship. you're gonna have to open up and be vulnerable to your computer, op, if you want this marriage to work.

ty nesamdoom!

NumptyScrub

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

Manifisto posted:

some people when getting a computer don't even ask the computer's name. they are so interested in megahertz and flippyflops they don't take the time to consider what it takes to be in a long term relationship. that requires trust, and commitment, and friendship. you're gonna have to open up and be vulnerable to your computer, op, if you want this marriage to work.

I make sure to give my computer hugs, and also have the anniversary date in my calendar. This year I've got them a voucher for an all expenses paid Spa day including exfoliation, cleansing of the coolant system, and professional case makeover!

google THIS

Salesman: This computer has monitor, also a mouse and keyboard. It has cards and fans and lights and poo poo inside. It plays the game.

Me, a shrewd consumer: But does it have specs?

Salesman: (visibly sweating) drat, you weren't supposed to ask that. It has...three specs.

Me: I think we both know I could get four specs for that price.

Salesman: I'll throw in an anime tiddy mousepad and we'll forget this ever happened.

Me: Deal.

bad guy

guy who never washes his computer

bad guy

drat man, wash your computer. your computer stinks! when was the last time you wash that poo poo?

bad guy

stank rear end computer (due to not washing)

Manifisto

what wash cycle do people use for their 'puters? normally I stick with "delicates" but I feel like there may be some deep down grime that it's not getting

ty nesamdoom!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Manifisto posted:

what wash cycle do people use for their 'puters? normally I stick with "delicates" but I feel like there may be some deep down grime that it's not getting

i run my X-TREME gaming rig through the SUPER ULTIMATE wash at ULTRA MAXIMUM temperature

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

google THIS posted:

Salesman: This computer has monitor, also a mouse and keyboard. It has cards and fans and lights and poo poo inside. It plays the game.

Salesman: (visibly sweating) drat, you weren't supposed to ask that. It has...three specs.

Salesman: I'll throw in an anime tiddy mousepad and we'll forget this ever happened.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
i personally don't believe in computer, sorry op

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

biosterous

google THIS posted:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

see ya got your computer thats for doing the excel and the email and looking at something awful dot com
but ove r here theres the other thing the playstation. thats where grand theft auto goes

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Escape From Noise

bad guy posted:

drat man, wash your computer. your computer stinks! when was the last time you wash that poo poo?

Wet rear end Puter

Escape From Noise

If you want to make sure it's a serious gaming rig check for a logo the size of a night light that glows and a water cooling system.

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy
computers are just rocks that the devil taught to do math

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

bad guy

Escape From Noise posted:

Wet rear end Puter

bad guy

Manifisto posted:

hand wash the way grandma used to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bad guy

in France they only wash their computers once a week 😂