Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashardalon125
Apr 14, 2021
Drawtech is huge in this game. I have a friend who just started playing the game, and right about this point, they started to see the problems with having multiple speed dice, and only drawing 1 card per turn. For a while, Jeong+Olga was his main since it was both powerful and had actual draw sustain. But for anyone who is playing the game now, it's not bad to have a "burn bright burn fast" deck for some receptions, as we've seen, but at the same time, don't be surprised when you're running on fumes later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021
Can't wait to see whatever this Drawtech is. My expectations after Love Town are I think Drawtech will be incredibly disturbing.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

ShyGuy1231 posted:

Can't wait to see whatever this Drawtech is. My expectations after Love Town are I think Drawtech will be incredibly disturbing.

It has amazing synergies with Quartertech, though.

jumpwjoy
Jan 23, 2022
long time reader of the lobcorp and ruina lets play, created an account so i could show some appreciation here!! thanks so much for all the wonderful content, i really look forward to the updates and its super fun reading all the new nugget dialogue, the breakdown of mechanics, and everyone's theories as well :D i wanted to make some fanart and i was a huge fan of the general reception updates, it was really neat to see those fights get supplemented by the assistant librarians thoughts too. i've really fell in love with all of these little guys!!

yesod finding out about D.A.D. and Kaori's book reading spree:

and hod's book club!

excited to see all of the future receptions and reading more thoughts about the game from the thread :allears:

also another pic to appreciate yesod's smile from last update. the rare happy expression from the floor of technological science's mummy!!

e: realized i completely misremembered t. hinman's skin colour and fixed that :sweatdrop: but also thank you everyone for the warm welcome and positive response!! <3

jumpwjoy fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 25, 2022

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Speaking of drawtech, fellow people who have played this as well, we all agree TeeQueue is gonna have to wait the longest possible time before he gets That Card, right

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

jumpwjoy posted:

long time reader of the lobcorp and ruina lets play, created an account so i could show some appreciation here!! thanks so much for all the wonderful content, i really look forward to the updates and its super fun reading all the new nugget dialogue, the breakdown of mechanics, and everyone's theories as well :D i wanted to make some fanart and i was a huge fan of the general reception updates, it was really neat to see those fights get supplemented by the assistant librarians thoughts too. i've really fell in love with all of these little guys!!

and hod's book club!

excited to see all of the future receptions and reading more thoughts about the game from the thread :allears:

also another pic to appreciate yesod's smile from last update. the rare happy expression from the floor of technological science's mummy!!

This is some awesome art!

Not The Wendigo
Apr 12, 2009

Ariamaki posted:

The #1 guess for me is that this was some kind of quantum observation issue: W Corp's Singularity breaks the speed of light and allows for nigh-instant transportation by shuffling things along in a manner that really doesn't like being peeked at. Whether that's an inherent flaw of the Singularity (perceive it in motion, collapse the waveform, something something double slit) or even more concerningly a security measure (perceive our tech at work and it will self-destruct so violently and thoroughly that time and space need to catch up) would still be uncertain, even if that were the case though.

I don't think the library was involved in the accident anymore. It sounds like doctors' goal with Lovetown was to get library invitations, which only makes sense if they boarded the train knowing it was gonna get trapped in nullspace.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

jumpwjoy posted:

exceptional art.

:stare:

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Superb.

I'm starting to suspect that Tee's threads are actually a Singularity for generating fan art.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Not The Wendigo posted:

I don't think the library was involved in the accident anymore. It sounds like doctors' goal with Lovetown was to get library invitations, which only makes sense if they boarded the train knowing it was gonna get trapped in nullspace.

Yeah, my thought is that it's Gaze Office's attempt to study the train that caused this, as opposed to the Library's half of things.

jumpwjoy posted:

WOW THAT ART

WELP that's a really good addition to just... the general environment. Yesod's smile is absolutely protection-worthy.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

You also get a :five: and welcome in! Seriously amazing.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So much good fanart. This thread just keeps on giving and giving.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".
kind of surreal making the equivalent of stir fry in my pajamas and people come in with

jumpwjoy posted:

Phenomenal work and 3(!!!) pieces at that

It's an honour to be posting alongside you all but also what the gently caress

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

jumpwjoy posted:

and hod's book club!

First of all,

I’m very glad you’re enjoying yourself, and dear god that art is amazing. Welcome to the thread!

JT Jag posted:

Speaking of drawtech, fellow people who have played this as well, we all agree TeeQueue is gonna have to wait the longest possible time before he gets That Card, right

I love that there are at least six different pages you could be referring to just off the top of my head, and that my answer to any one of them is “wait as long as you like, that just ensures I’ll be better prepared to take on the absolute bullshit that is unlocked by beating that level.”

Because we’ve effectively said nothing, and everything, at the same time. :lobcorp:

I think it best we don’t delve any deeper into this rabbit hole.

Theantero posted:

Superb.

I'm starting to suspect that Tee's threads are actually a Singularity for generating fan art.

Hell, same. :v:

Ariamaki posted:

Speculation of the well thought out variety

I can’t actually comment on any of this so I’ll just say I love reading speculation from people who haven’t played through the game because the thought processes are always super interesting and like 90% of ya’ll are way more perceptive than me.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
The art in this thread is absolutely stunning, you people are incredible.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Theantero posted:

Missing Z Corp found!

Card name: jumpwjoy Art.
On Post: Stagger all participants.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Book 21: Dawn Office—Chapter 1

Music: Lobby

Our node for today is the center-right, based on the results of our poll.

Those Zwei books are really paying dividends, aren't they?

Yes. They've been surprisingly invaluable in inviting new guests to the Library.

You're welcome, boss~

Indeed… Thank you, Roland.

Ye...yeah. You didn't have to actually thank me.

It's important that credit be given where it's due. Now, to work.

VIDEO
Music: StorySimgak

Um, master…

Good grief, this is what I must hear from my old friend…

This tea has a strong aroma and taste today. I like it.

Thank you for the compliment, sir. What is the news you received from your old friend, if I may ask?

Philip, have you heard of ‘The Library’?

Yes, although I know little about it other than that it’s an Urban Legend.

It has recently been exalted to an Urban Plague, and it appears that the Zwei’s Section 6 fell victim to it.

Then the old friend of yours is…

Foolish old pal… He struggled so much trying to rise up the ranks, and yet this is how he ends.

I’m sorry for your loss. I heard he was your colleague back in the Zwei. It must be heartbreaking.

My heart is unscathed, boy. I never was fond of Walter.

…Pardon?

He didn’t quite have the potential to be a capable man. He seemed clever, but his thoughts were one-dimensional. And his habit of making rhetorical questions… Goodness, was that annoying. Although I suppose he did have some talent, seeing as he managed to stay in Section 6 without getting demoted further. Perhaps it was savoir-faire, or mere luck.

Hello, seonbae.

Hey, Philip. Looks like you’re getting better at making tea day by day, huh?

He certainly is. Philip is an expert when it comes to brewing ssanghwa-cha. Maybe I should learn from him so that I can make some for my wife.

…Thank you.

Cut it out with that awkward smile. You didn’t join our Office to make tea all day.

Now, Yuna. Philip has shown excellent results in the field as well. He’s become a proud Grade 5 Fixer now. If his ssanghwa-cha expertise counted toward grade evaluations, he would have easily become a Grade 1 and gotten a color, too.

Yes, if he were to receive a color… Perhaps it would be bright yellow, much like the hue of this egg yolk floating atop the tea. Hoho, it’s also the color of forsythia, my favorite flower…

Please stop with the silly jokes, master. Philip needs a trusty role model. Anyway, I’ve taken care of the request regarding the ‘Thousand Needles’.

Wow, you’re impressive, seonbae. Solving an Urban Legend-class request on your own.

Music: StoryChaboon

The building started melting, needles kept pouring out of that lump like crazy, people struck by those needles started exploding and creating chaos… It was awful. And the culprit behind that was…

Was it Yesterday’s Promise as expected?

Yeah, that seemed to be the case?

Strange symbols and stuff were carved on every needle. I haven’t even heard of any other amplification device that can do that. Not from my knowledge, at least.

Music: StorySimgak

It feels like I’m the only working member, though. And monthly rent is rather intimidating since our Office is in the Nest… You know the request I just did won’t be enough to cover it, right?

Ah, no need to worry about our financial situation. I received a request that could keep us afloat for three months.

Is that an Urban Plague-class job or something?

It is indeed.

An… Urban Plague?

What is it about? Is our Office going alone?

It’s ‘The Library’. I tried contacting the Wedge Office, but they seemed to be busy with their own work. Thus, we will be taking care of it by ourselves for now. Besides, this request was directly assigned to us by the Zwei Association. Perhaps they deemed that they need an Office proficient in combat for this job.

Got it. I’ll make some calls, then.

Please do, Yuna.

…This is gonna be my first time handling an Urban Plague-class case.

That is true, Philip. I know this is your first time with an Urban Plague-class request, but try to loosen up a bit. Think of it as a learning experience. Watch how I or Yuna act on the field.

You surely have ways to get yourself fed, Yuna.

You know how much I love to eat, don’t you gramps? And your cooking is awesome, too.

House party, huh…

Why the long face, Philip? Got too nervous to take on an Urban Plague?

…It’s nothing.

Well, alright then. I’ll be preparing first.

Sure?

It seemed as if you had concerns in your mind.

…Understood, sir.

Music: Lobby

You know him?

Hmm… It’s nothing huge, I came across him a few times in the past and owed him some favors. And he’s one of the veterans, too. He made his bones to a degree in the Smoke War when he was younger.

He did seem to have many connections.

Although he’s washed up now, just like me.

He seems to be faring much better than you, though?

Oh did you really have to stab me with those facts!

Music: Entrance

Reminds me of the factory we raided as part of the ‘Midnight Pancreas Burgers’ request.

Ugh, please! I don’t even want to be reminded of that case. And I’m not seeing any similarities here.

I mean, that factory was also pretty clean and moody for a place where terrible things…

Hohoho… Philip? I almost got to retaste the ssanghwa-cha I drank a bit ago.

…Sorry sir!

A pleasure to meet you. You must be Angela.

Yes. I am the director and librarian of my role’s namesake.

Tell me, what should we do to kill you?

I’d like to know that as well, hm?

I see, I see. You have the capability for casual banter, hmm.

Let’s cut the chat short, shall we, master?

Now, Angela, do not hope to meet a peaceful end after imbruing your hands in so much blood.

I believe the same can be said of you. May you find your book in this place, then.

Next time, on Library of Ruina: What color is this Dawn Ordeal? :abrathink:

Videos

Dawn Office 1

Didja hear that, Bishop? Grade 5, and he's your age—

He's definitely older than me.

Well, really, you're like, ten thousand and twenty? So he's definitely got you beat~

He does not have me beat. Compared to Abnormalities, a couple Urban Legends aren't anything.

But you couldn't even handle those without E.G.O, right? Ah, it's okay, I'll protect you~ My rates are perfectly reasonable!

I'm not falling for this extortion scheme of yours.

Oh, boo! I haven't been able to find a single guest who understands the relaxation that comes with a good gaming console, so I haven't gotten anything new in aaages!

And how is money supposed to help with that?

I want your brains, not your wallet! Find me a book I could make into a cool game!

…this is a waste of time. I'm going to go see what Malkuth's up to.

Hey! Don't just leave me behind! This is a serious problem!

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

TeeQueue posted:

…This is gonna be my first time handling an Urban Plague-class case.

That is true, Philip. I know this is your first time with an Urban Plague-class request, but try to loosen up a bit. Think of it as a learning experience. Watch how I or Yuna act on the field.

Yeah, it's just an Urban Plague level threat - what's the worst that could happen?

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

TeeQueue posted:

He certainly is. Philip is an expert when it comes to brewing ssanghwa-cha. Maybe I should learn from him so that I can make some for my wife.

Yes, if he were to receive a color… Perhaps it would be bright yellow, much like the hue of this egg yolk floating atop the tea. Hoho, it’s also the color of forsythia, my favorite flower…

Ssanghwa-cha is a korean herbal tea. Looks interesting and flavorful. I'll pass on adding egg yolk, though.

TeeQueue posted:

Please stop with the silly jokes, master. Philip needs a trusty role model. Anyway, I’ve taken care of the request regarding the ‘Thousand Needles’.

Was it Yesterday’s Promise as expected?

Strange symbols and stuff were carved on every needle. I haven’t even heard of any other amplification device that can do that. Not from my knowledge, at least.

TeeQueue posted:

…Now that I think about it, there was a round orange symbol on the back of his neck. I thought it was a tattoo at first, but he didn’t seem like the type to have one. He was a desk-working dweeb.
We heard about Yesterday Promise in the Urban Myth intro. And we heard Rats talk about strange orange mark on the neck of person they were disemboweling. Who walked, even with his organ being messed up.
With all damage described and depicted, it was still just an Urban Legend: a lowest threat classification Associations officially start to act upon. Dozens of people exploding, buildings melting, lumps of flesh combining into huge mass is just andother Tuesday in the City.

TeeQueue posted:

It’s ‘The Library’. I tried contacting the Wedge Office, but they seemed to be busy with their own work. Thus, we will be taking care of it by ourselves for now. Besides, this request was directly assigned to us by the Zwei Association. Perhaps they deemed that they need an Office proficient in combat for this job.
Wedge office is something new. And Zwei Association sure likes to send offices to die in the Library. First Streetlight, now Dawn.

TeeQueue posted:

Hmm… It’s nothing huge, I came across him a few times in the past and owed him some favors. And he’s one of the veterans, too. He made his bones to a degree in the Smoke War when he was younger.
Roland, you again coincidentally know everyone.

VinnyDonuts
Oct 4, 2013

:lobcorp:

MiiNiPaa posted:

Ssanghwa-cha is a korean herbal tea. Looks interesting and flavorful. I'll pass on adding egg yolk, though.

Specifically, it's medical tea mostly made with the roots of various plants along with ginger, licorice and cinnamon for flavor, and it supposedly helps with fatigue and weak immune systems. Granted, herbal tea salesmen tend to have a habit of claiming their product can do anything short of pluck the moon out of the sky, so that claim might need to be taken with a grain of salt, but it makes sense why an old man like Salvador here would drink the stuff on a regular basis.

Also, considering it's apparently pretty bitter, I can see why an egg yolk might be a welcome addition. It's kinda like throwing an egg into your ramen, the water's boiling-hot anyway, so the egg yolk will be cooked through by the tea.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

MiiNiPaa posted:

Wedge office is something new. And Zwei Association sure likes to send offices to die in the Library. First Streetlight, now Dawn.

to be fair, Zwei Association's charter is ostensibly to keep people safe. They can't just give up after failing a few times; morally, who's going to solve the problem if not the Zwei? and cynically, if someone else solves a problem that the Zwei couldn't, that's bad for business.
That said, Zwei Association is making the classic RPG antagonist mistake of sending incrementally stronger minions against the protagonist, rather than crushing them with the top tier minions and being done with it.

NullBlack fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jan 25, 2022

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

NullBlack posted:

That said, Zwei Association is making the classic RPG antagonist mistake of sending increasingly stronger minions against the protagonist, rather than crushing them with the top tier minions and being done with it.

While you're not wrong, in a capitalist hellscape this makes sense because top tier minions cost entirely too much money for them to deem it worthwhile because quarterlies MUST look good for the shareholders :black101:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

dervival posted:

Yeah, it's just an Urban Plague level threat - what's the worst that could happen?

Should probably be noted that while the Library itself is an Urban Plague currently, Tomerry (even with a band of other Love Town residents) would be an Urban Myth at the very most, that’s the sorta poo poo decent fixer offices deal with all the time

Not necessarily the horrific meat part, but the fact that it’s a purely physical, largely mindless threat

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

TeeQueue posted:

While you're not wrong, in a capitalist hellscape this makes sense because top tier minions cost entirely too much money for them to deem it worthwhile because quarterlies MUST look good for the shareholders :black101:

To be fair, lower ranked employees need to cut their teeth on something, and the Zwei organizations seem to be pretty good about mixing up the veterans with the newbies, so they're not just sending low level employees out to die. It's not really their fault that the Library is wildly misclassified in terms of threat level, and that its threat level is growing by the, uh, invitation?

On a side note, I'm not sure how exactly time or space works with the Library, since invitations just kind of pop into existence when and where they need to be, and then the signatories also just kind of pop into existence. Is it canonical that the same people can show up more than once or is that more of a gameplay thing where the "canon" of the game is that you win every fight on the first go around (any potential forced losses/escapes excepted, of course)?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Dirk the Average posted:

On a side note, I'm not sure how exactly time or space works with the Library, since invitations just kind of pop into existence when and where they need to be, and then the signatories also just kind of pop into existence. Is it canonical that the same people can show up more than once or is that more of a gameplay thing where the "canon" of the game is that you win every fight on the first go around (any potential forced losses/escapes excepted, of course)?

Pretty sure it's the latter personally and that any losses or refights are a purely gameplay contrivance, although I've seen people try to justify them as actually happening.

(this is just personal opinion, not what the game says on it, which i'm not aware of)

Cirina fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jan 25, 2022

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Dirk the Average posted:

Given how Type Moon likes to do things, you can guess. But the answer is [SPOILERS].

Also, Phillip isn't the first grade 5 fixer we've fought. Olga, Stephan, Dalloc, and Bono were all grade 5 fixers. Although Olga was hungover; Stephan was low on ammo; and Dalloc and Bono aren't combat specialists.

Alloc and Liwei apparently were both grade 4 fixers, showing that a combat oboe is just as good as being a Emiya Kiritsugu knockoff.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Eopia posted:

Pretty sure it's the latter personally and that any losses or refights are a purely gameplay contrivance, although I've seen people try to justify them as actually happening.

(this is just personal opinion, not what the game says on it, which i'm not aware of)

In LC we learned that deleting your own save file is a canon action (replacing current X with next one) together with time rewinds. I would not put it past PM to make those gameplay mechanics part of the story.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

MiiNiPaa posted:

In LC we learned that deleting your own save file is a canon action (replacing current X with next one) together with time rewinds. I would not put it past PM to make those gameplay mechanics part of the story.

I mean it's possible, I just personally don't think it is at least not yet. I never dove into the credenza section and haven't played the latest updates yet and am just following along with the LP now though. (and don't know the actual answer)

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Dirk the Average posted:

To be fair, lower ranked employees need to cut their teeth on something, and the Zwei organizations seem to be pretty good about mixing up the veterans with the newbies, so they're not just sending low level employees out to die. It's not really their fault that the Library is wildly misclassified in terms of threat level, and that its threat level is growing by the, uh, invitation?

Still there's a critical thinking failure here.

"This threat rating system is based on limited information and a lot of assumptions, and whoever runs the Rate My Monster service reclassified the library several times because they were wrong every single time so far... but I've got a good feeling about the latest designation of [previous rank + 1] they just pulled out of their rear end! You can literally bet your life on it being perfectly accurate, because some authority said so, and there's no need to bother taking extra precautions"

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Why is my hair purple? It's from the blood of everyone that lost a bet against me.
I believe there was an earlier thing that noted that the rating system is not actually a proper threat rating, but a rating on how much people are willing to pay to have it dealt with. In this regard, the choices for sending people makes a bit more sense: "This is the best we can send right now and still hope to make a profit if they succeed."

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Crepuscule Adepte posted:

I believe there was an earlier thing that noted that the rating system is not actually a proper threat rating, but a rating on how much people are willing to pay to have it dealt with. In this regard, the choices for sending people makes a bit more sense: "This is the best we can send right now and still hope to make a profit if they succeed."

That's right. The request level is actually a bounty level. A very strong monster that doesn't attack anything important might end up in Urban Myth, and a syndicate that is bad at fighting but good at pissing off the rich might be Urban Nightsmare for a very short while.

"Walter's Key Page" posted:

The Associations handle requests often made for Fixers such as security, combat, assassination, intel, patenting, and trades. When there is money, there are Associations. The Associations follow the demand, not the other way around. Demand equals requests, and requests equals profit.

It may seem too materialistic to you, but seeing how the Associations work, you’ll have to agree that money is their prime objective. For instance, the Associations sort and classify every single notable event in the City. Urban Myths, Urban Legends, Urban Plagues, Urban Nightmares, and Stars of the City… Risk is not what determines their grade. The only question that matters is how much people are willing to pay to have the threat eliminated.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

TeeQueue posted:

Hello, seonbae.

From what I can tell, 'seonbae' is basically the Korean equivalent of... either 'sensei' or 'senpai', to use Japanese honorifics?

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Junpei posted:

From what I can tell, 'seonbae' is basically the Korean equivalent of... either 'sensei' or 'senpai', to use Japanese honorifics?

Senpai, yes

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Also, insert Final Fantasy 10 joke about Yuna

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
So we just learned that magic is real in the last update, but no one seems particularly impressed by that? Yuna barely acknowledged it, but no one else seemed to care at all, whether it's the people in that room, or Roland and Angela who were watching.

Although we had literal magical girls in LobCorp and abnormalities are kinda like magic, so maybe it shouldn't come as a surprise to Angela at least. Oh, and I guess the Library is pretty much magic too. Yeah ok nevermind it's significantly less impressive than I thought at first.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

So we just learned that magic is real in the last update, but no one seems particularly impressed by that? Yuna barely acknowledged it, but no one else seemed to care at all, whether it's the people in that room, or Roland and Angela who were watching.

Although we had literal magical girls in LobCorp and abnormalities are kinda like magic, so maybe it shouldn't come as a surprise to Angela at least. Oh, and I guess the Library is pretty much magic too. Yeah ok nevermind it's significantly less impressive than I thought at first.
We actually learned that magic is real in the first Rats update. Roland mentioned that usually it is found somewhere in the Ruins. THis description makes me think, that City is post-apocalyptic society, Ruins are... ruins of previous civilization and most Singularities are salvaged devices from those Ruins.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

golden bubble posted:

That's right. The request level is actually a bounty level. A very strong monster that doesn't attack anything important might end up in Urban Myth, and a syndicate that is bad at fighting but good at pissing off the rich might be Urban Nightsmare for a very short while.

Indeed, there have been mentions of serious business monsters in the ruins and outskirts, but because they're not the city nobody really cares except treasure hunters. I suspect the Library's rating right now is largely due to the value of the books there - a value that's going up as more schmucks file in to get the previous books, lol.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

silentsnack posted:

"This threat rating system is based on limited information and a lot of assumptions, and whoever runs the Rate My Monster service reclassified the library several times because they were wrong every single time so far... but I've got a good feeling about the latest designation of [previous rank + 1] they just pulled out of their rear end! You can literally bet your life on it being perfectly accurate, because some authority said so, and there's no need to bother taking extra precautions"

The Library is Mild

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I think I understand now. Considering the stuff these people routinely have to deal with, going to some place named "the Library" probably sounds like a nice holiday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Tombot posted:

I think I understand now. Considering the stuff these people routinely have to deal with, going to some place named "the Library" probably sounds like a nice holiday.

yeah, "Midnight Pancreas Burgers" already has me feeling queasy.