Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Mega Comrade posted:

Aubrie turned 1 today.

This is a very impressive photo, Nimbus would not have that type of self control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

white dog buddies :luca:

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

movax posted:

This is a very impressive photo, Nimbus would not have that type of self control.

She's pretty good with food as we trained her to wait from quite young. She has a slow bowl though as once she starts it gone in seconds.

Her poor self control comes to other dogs who she will sprint up to to say hello unless stopped, although we are making some progress there.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
A very well-behaved Newfie, with a very recognizable name :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLQUdHnDc7M

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

That before-and-after at the end is crazy, hah.

I'd love one of those big boys, but I can't help but wonder just how bad the drool really is.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I love this Pongo, too! :3:

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

My mom's work friend had 2. VERY drooly lol

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Dogs rule, dogs drool

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Anyone else's dog just stare at the door while waiting for the vet? Both Bonnie and Gigi do, independently of having ever seen the other do it :thunk:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Oh yeah Bea does that for sure

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Sab669 posted:

Anyone else's dog just stare at the door while waiting for the vet? Both Bonnie and Gigi do, independently of having ever seen the other do it :thunk:

The other side of that door has so many loving smells that you cannot even conceive of. That dog’s snoot is going bonkers. He knows there’s something behind that door.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Gus has gotten entangled in the leash, thrown himself to the ground, and decided this is where he will make his final stand against my tyrannical shackle

Please boy it's 4 in the morning and 10 degrees out

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

The other side of that door has so many loving smells that you cannot even conceive of. That dog’s snoot is going bonkers. He knows there’s something behind that door.

But there are so many smells in the room to smell, too!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Captain Invictus posted:

Gus has gotten entangled in the leash, thrown himself to the ground, and decided this is where he will make his final stand against my tyrannical shackle

Please boy it's 4 in the morning and 10 degrees out

Rise up Flop down against the shackles of tyrrany!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Sab669 posted:

Brisket does and then turns to me and lets out his "You need to do something for me" whine/growl.
He hates the vet and knows the door is the way out.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

HootTheOwl posted:

Brisket does and then turns to me and lets out his "You need to do something for me" whine/growl.
He hates the vet and knows the door is the way out.

Dude just open the door please. I know you can do it. I've seen you open a million doors JUSTOPENTHEFUCKINGDOORINEEDTOGETOUT

Neither of mine seem to dislike the vet, they don't freak out when we get to the building or walk inside or anything. I think it's a combination of, "why am I in this weird smelling small room" and also as Mr Nice said, there are so many things to sniff just beyond that door.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Kiki loves the vet.

This might have saved her life because the paperwork from the shelter notes that she was wagging her tail through the vet exam.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Lando loves his vet and is generally super good and patient there, even when he's getting his yearly shots.

Apollo hates the vet and looks at everyone very suspiciously even when he's having treats shoveled into his mouth.

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Sophie hates the vet and gets all shakey-bakey when we get close so she always gets an extra hour of pampering before and after now.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

Sophie hates the vet and gets all shakey-bakey when we get close so she always gets an extra hour of pampering before and after now.

Early on in the pandemic, my vet didn't allow anyone inside to accompany the animals. They noted Gigi was an anxious ball of nerves and gave me drugs to slip her an hour before her appointments lol.

But fortunately they started letting 1 person per animal in the building now.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
They separated Kiki from me to go get X-rays and she gave not a single gently caress. Was just happy to be there.

This dog loses her poo poo if she sees my GF pet another dog.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Beatrice is too excited when she sees another dog but if they aren't visually detected she doesn't care that she's at the vet, or to be walked without me by a vet *sigh*

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I’m sorry buddy but you can’t have my chocolate chunk muffin

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Unless it's a really big muffin it's probably not a large enough dose to be problematic. A few years ago I was on a ~400 mile roadtrip with Bonnie buckled in to the back seats. I got out to pump gas and somehow she still managed to get into the front half of the car and eat the 2 two chocolate glazed donuts I had. Called the vet and they were like meh, she might get sick or become hyper but it's nothing to really worry about. Every single time I'd see her ears pop up in my rear view mirror I'd freak out thinking she's about to puke and or poo poo all over the place but fortunately nothing happened. Another time I accidentally left a (covered) container of cocoa powder out before going to work. No idea how much Bonehead managed to eat, or when, but I came home 8 hours later to a couch covered in powder. Vet told me to call some animal poison control service and they were also just like, "Yea she might get sick but that's about it"

My aunt's golden retriever once ate an entire box full of those York peppermint patties, he was fine too.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

devmd01 posted:

I’m sorry buddy but you can’t have my chocolate chunk muffin

I can't give Gulliver chocolate, obviously, but I share my Berry Crunch granola with him, and he's a big fan of it.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

hi white floofy friend!!! :yayclod:

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

hmmm why does it smell like corn chips ITT

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
It was gently snowing this morning so we went for a hike.

Watched two bald eagles fly around

Explored the frozen creek

And found a new favorite stick for a while

A+ successful hike would do again.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://twitter.com/bobby/status/1487230169299439619

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
From the comics Megathread:

Pigsfeet on Rye fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jan 30, 2022

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Not gonna lie, I kinda want this chubby potato :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FEE7qhFvAs

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
he is really good about making me feel bad for kicking him off the couch when he wants to snuggle with one of the kids

sorry buddy but thems the rules

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Not gonna lie, I kinda want this chubby potato :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FEE7qhFvAs

Seems kinda irresponsible to breed a rabbit with a dog, but it is cute as hell.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

devmd01 posted:

he is really good about making me feel bad for kicking him off the couch when he wants to snuggle with one of the kids

sorry buddy but thems the rules
Let the pup on the couch you monster

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

evil_bunnY posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

evil_bunnY posted:

Edit: also make sure that they’re properly tucked in with blankets; it’s only humane!

pantslesswithwolves fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jan 31, 2022