Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ViDWHAL
Jan 26, 2022
Hello everyone. My name is Jason but I go by my moniker 'vidwhal'

So I'm new here and thanks for having me. I've been doing my own VLPs for close to a year now and posting to YouTube, you know, just like 7.5 billion others but I'm old school and prefer forums to other platforms so I was both stoked and annoyed when I discovered this forum, annoyed that I hadn't discovered it earlier.

Now I'm not sure what ratio of let's plays here are either PC based gaming vs anything else :p but I've had a PC back since I was 5 or so, so I'm definitely biased to it heh heh.

I'm in the midst of one indie fps called
G String.

The title is kind of misleading as I'm yet to spot one in game

Set in the future, I'm playing as Myo Hiyori, an 18 yr old woman who has some pretty neat abilities. Telekinesis and PYROkinesis! Sounds pretty sweet to me! The world has gone to shite, what with climate change causing massive changes to the landmasses and we're caught up in the midst of an uprising involving the robot population.
Myo herself is some kind of lab experiment fusing android and human together.

The gameplay is similar to Half-Life 2, being developed on the same Source engine.

If you have played this game and know how the story plays out, please refrain from revealing any spoilers! Cheers! :)

Here's my first part of the let's play:

G String | Ep.01 | The land of used pantyhose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyPaHSHBb5w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
May be a good idea to post in the LP Sandcastle first. Facecam in LPs is usually considered a faux pas for example around here. Also not sure if a NSFW game called G String starring a teenager will fly :v: (although the Steam page seems to indicate that there is no mature content aside from some undertones).

EDIT: LP dumping, otoh, is literally forbidden by the second rule of the LP forum.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHLrLfR0LjT29r6pLDQ9zvNBVPva990Nr

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jan 26, 2022

ViDWHAL
Jan 26, 2022

That Italian Guy posted:

May be a good idea to post in the LP Sandcastle first. Facecam in LPs is usually considered a faux pas for example around here. Also not sure if a NSFW game called G String starring a teenager will fly :v: (although the Steam page seems to indicate that there is no mature content aside from some undertones).

EDIT: LP dumping, otoh, is literally forbidden by the second rule of the LP forum.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHLrLfR0LjT29r6pLDQ9zvNBVPva990Nr

To be fair the rules also explicitly say it isn't forbidden to post from a backlog, and I've posted only the first vid specifically. If you're clever enough to find the playlist then I can't help that. I'd assume the forum rules are for specifically about posting here all at once.

If this game doesn't fly then the rules aren't being applied as written (as I've seen it).

Anyway enjoy and if you're willing to discuss the game then I'll happily discuss in return, which will be the point of this thread. :)

Cheers.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
epic le bacon face for the win, bro

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

What, no Pokemon amputee-rape fetish mods?! What kind of half-hearted attempt at LP SUPERSTARDOM is this?

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

ViDWHAL posted:

To be fair the rules also explicitly say it isn't forbidden to post from a backlog, and I've posted only the first vid specifically. If you're clever enough to find the playlist then I can't help that. I'd assume the forum rules are for specifically about posting here all at once.

You want to actually give that another read over?

Fedule posted:

No YouTube dumps or reposts!

The point of an LP thread is, if not participation, at least discussion. It's not against the rules to have a backlog or even to record an entire playthrough in advance - just don't post it all at once.

Also, don't re-post an LP you've already started elsewhere if it's a significant way through already. Create your LP for the thread, not the other way around.

When we say backlog we mean having it recorded in advance not uploaded and public. Also it isn't about being clever in finding the playlist, the next vid is basically the first suggested video on the page. and going to your channel does not take a genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViDWHAL
Jan 26, 2022

mateo360 posted:

You want to actually give that another read over?

When we say backlog we mean having it recorded in advance not uploaded and public. Also it isn't about being clever in finding the playlist, the next vid is basically the first suggested video on the page. and going to your channel does not take a genius.

Ahhh, OK. Here's the full rule posted below

"The point of an LP thread is, if not participation, at least discussion. It's not against the rules to have a backlog or even to record an entire playthrough in advance - just don't post it all at once.
Also, don't re-post an LP you've already started elsewhere if it's a significant way through already. Create your LP for the thread, not the other way around."

The way I interpreted it was to not post all of your YT links all at once, and since rules are usually forum specific, generally, I believed it was only referring to itself and not content that's been posted to YT. As far as "re-posting an LP you've already started elsewhere", that also was interpreted to referring to the forum itself. Maybe it needs to be more specific?

This is a game that I'm still currently playing/recording. Would a better tactic have been to just post the very latest part with a recap covering the previous parts and continue from there, or that's just as bad an idea?

Either way, I'm happy to have this post removed if it does indeed infringe. I can wait until I start a new one.

Thanks for the clarifications.