Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

metachronos posted:

3 for 20 my guy, no deals.

gently caress the mafia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

Maybe free samples if you go on the right day?

:eyepop::popeye::eyepop:

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
Our Costco is apparently getting a car wash? I had no idea Costco *had* carwashes, but now it’ll be another must-get for every visit (along with a hot dog and berry smoothie).

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

That's awesome. I would totally get a car wash every time I went if my local Costco had that.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
All I can see is a car wash line 2 miles long.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

There is one at the church I go to and it is never used. Likely as this is Phoenix and there are more carwashes than fast food places.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Omg! Which Costco is this

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Hed posted:

Omg! Which Costco is this

Most Costco Business locations have them

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

oh word?

:thunk:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

mds2 posted:

:same:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

mds2 posted:

That's basically the Seattle one. It's nice if you get lucky on timing, but I almost never see fewer than 20 cars in line.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I used to do the Seattle one all the time on weekdays, line was never super bad. Not sure about nowadays though. Maybe it's gotten worse.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.
Costco parent chat, my young kids absolutely miss going to Costco. Shopping carts that support both of them at the same time? Free sample food? A giant hot dog? Huge ceilings? Massive playground equipment on display? Even the $0.25 water was fun for them. Give them a quarter and have them smash the buttons to pick their specific favorite water bottle out of all the identical ones.

Since 2020, I brought my kids to costco twice. Once was last week to try the bigger one on the Jetson Bolt electric bike (she barely fit, made the purchase, now loves it and the second kid is begging for a smaller one). Even then, that was at opening hours, only brought the one kid, and we didn't get anything else (besides of course the hot dog [without refill, because I'm not having her eat at the store]).

Thankfully we have the option to be able to shop with one parent at home. But I still get asked weekly by them if they can come "just this one time" because they miss it. :( Being safe sucks...

Mine GO BOOM fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 26, 2022

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I load up two minivans full of neighborkids to do Costco runs because gently caress you Johnathan you deal with brats while getting your 6 boxes of Oat Milk and Whey Protein you preppy childfree gently caress.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

I load up two minivans full of neighborkids to do Costco runs because gently caress you Johnathan you deal with brats while getting your 6 boxes of Oat Milk and Whey Protein you preppy childfree gently caress.

Like being at Disneyland but instead of waiting in line for Splash mountain you're in line for free samples getting yelled at by parents for making their kids wait longer

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Bought a cat tree from the costco for the cats and so far they like it! As cats do.

Pretty funny watching a 9 year old cat spiderman his way up to the 3rd tier

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

The Midniter posted:

Did you know requesting a price adjustment is as easy as filling out a simple form on their website, and they credit you back the difference? PBUC.

I looked into this yesterday because a couple thing I bought recently are on sale in the new flyer. This is only for Online orders.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I got a bit chunky during pandemic times, I bought an exercise bike back in September along with a Rowing machine about a month ago and I think i've finally lost most of the weight i'd gained from all the generally bad but inexpensive takeout I was eating for a while.

With all the exercise i've been doing i've naturally been trying to be a little more healthy in food choices, I started going to Costco to purchase fresh fruit which admitted I rarely did anywhere ever.

So far i've enjoyed bananas, I try buying a bunch with close to ripe ones and some greener ones for long-term. Oddly I think I like the non-organic ones better, the organic ones seem to have a much thicker peel and pretty much taste the same.

Bought some of the honey mangoes, I really like these, just tough being patient waiting for them to ripen.

Got one of those big bags of D'angou pears, pleasant sweetness and texture, enjoying them enough that I think I can enjoy finishing the bag of ~10-12 pears before they get over ripe.

Also a box of Fuji Apples (~8 apples) since these seem to be a solid choice for eating straight, slight tartness but great apple flavor. Want to try the Pink lady apples and maybe the Honey Crisps next.

I love berries too but held off since they spoil fairly quickly and I can always steal a few handfuls from work.

Also Costco just straight up owns for nuts, wish I they carried unsalted pistachios but most of the other varieties are easy to come by unsalted.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Jane showing you her membership card

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

FilthyImp posted:

Wait Costco sells oat milk? I was looking for it but I couldn't find it so I assumed they carry it

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

infraboy posted:

With all the exercise i've been doing i've naturally been trying to be a little more healthy in food choices, I started going to Costco to purchase fresh fruit which admitted I rarely did anywhere ever.

I like the frozen mixed berries for smoothies. I'm worried the good macadamia milk they had is being phased out.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
Just left Costco. Gonna get Indian food for dinner. It normally costs about $60. Tried to explain to my wife that we could have 40 hotdogs instead but she did not approve. Divorce?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

:sever:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Renegret posted:

Wait Costco sells oat milk? I was looking for it but I couldn't find it so I assumed they carry it

It seems to be location specific but...

yes

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

I bought garlic at Costco about a week ago, and now basically everything I cook has an entire head in it and I'm still not sure I'll be able to get through the bag fast enough.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

FilthyImp posted:

It seems to be location specific but...

yes

Woah

I'll ask at the podium next time. I didn't think to check if it was shelf stable.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Lhet posted:

I bought garlic at Costco about a week ago, and now basically everything I cook has an entire head in it and I'm still not sure I'll be able to get through the bag fast enough.

Wife and I can knock out a bag a month, usually. Such a righteous buy imho.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Lhet posted:

I like to freeze little blocks of minced garlic to use straight from the freezer

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Renegret posted:

Woah

I'll ask at the podium next time. I didn't think to check if it was shelf stable.

My friend do I have news for you....

It's shelf stable. I bought the 6 pack last week and the expiration date is 12/09/2022.

Now if they'd only have the almond milk in a 6 pack...

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

The almond milk 12 pack is where it's at :pusheen:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Renegret posted:

Woah

Oh, yeah. At least where I shop it's in the section with all the Almond/Rice/whatever milk

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

infraboy posted:

So far i've enjoyed bananas, I try buying a bunch with close to ripe ones and some greener ones for long-term. Oddly I think I like the non-organic ones better, the organic ones seem to have a much thicker peel and pretty much taste the same.

I have heard that organic bananas are grown at much higher altitudes but I don’t know if that’s true, and I just read that they are typically picked earlier since they don’t sell as well. In my experience they are much smaller and usually taste worse. I usually default to organic stuff but stick to conventional bananas.

BTW it is also completely possible to keep bananas in the fridge (if you have room for it). There was some Chiquita commercial in the 60s that said not to do it which turned into common wisdom. The peel gets black a lot faster but the fruit itself ripens much more slowly; you can really freak people out with a banana that looks like it should be liquid inside and when you peel it… it’s fine.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Is that oat milk super sweet? It's got almost 3x the calories of the Planet Oat unsweetened vanilla that I usually buy.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
It's definitely not sweeter than someone with artificial vanilla flavor. It's pretty comparable to the Kroger brand unsweetened

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

drat, checking the labels a serving of the kirkland oat milk has 7g sugar vs the 0g on the stuff I'm buying. It costs a lot less, but I need those extra calories in my budget for the 1/4 lb all beef hot dogs when I visit.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Lhet posted:

It's too much for me, even if I buy it before making toum or something. It sucks if it goes to waste (I'll have to start freezing it up minced, never thought about that) but just the same, even if you only use a smaller amount of it it's probably cost effective vs the grocery store.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

It's really tasty oat milk imo, not like that garbage macadamia nut milk. That poo poo is way too thin.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

bagmonkey posted:

My friend do I have news for you....

It's shelf stable. I bought the 6 pack last week and the expiration date is 12/09/2022.

Now if they'd only have the almond milk in a 6 pack...

yeah, just saying I checked the giant milk fridge, saw almond milk but no oat milk, got disappointed and left. Didn't think to check the rice isle for a shelf stable version.

Enos Cabell posted:

drat, checking the labels a serving of the kirkland oat milk has 7g sugar vs the 0g on the stuff I'm buying. It costs a lot less, but I need those extra calories in my budget for the 1/4 lb all beef hot dogs when I visit.

ehhhhhhhhhhhhh that sucks, I didn't even think to check the labels.

My kid kinda sorta has a milk allergy that we're still in the process of figuring out and in the past I've never given as much as a second thought to milk alternatives so it's all new to me. Unfortunately he's a very picky eater and he looooooooooooves milk so it's been a painful transition for him. On one hand, as a parent it feels bad to knowingly transition him to something with 7g added sugar and almost triple the calories. On the other hand, the doctor is worried about his weight gain so the extra calories might be good. Rather it wasn't from sugar though.

He seems to really like the planet oat unsweetened milk so I think I'll just stick with that then.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Our Costco in Colorado has had multiple kinds of oat milk. The most recent is Silk brand, in the cooler, and it's in a three pack which I like.

I tasted expired oatmilk for the first time in a while and it was vile.

I also just got bananas and outside of the hotdog and drink I think it's the cheapest single item I've ever purchased there. Three pounds for $1.89.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The 3-pack of Silk unsweetened is one of my regular refills. Switched from regular to almond a few years ago.