Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CODY VS SAMMY 94 76.42%
WARDLOW 2 1.63%
IC VS STABS BOYS 0 0%
VELVET VS HIRSH 2 1.63%
ORANGE VS COLE 25 20.33%
Total: 123 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Spiggy posted:

Give the women and/or gays what they want coward Tony.

i don't think effy's gonna be on a major company ever but i'd love to see gaytanic panic reunite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Ivypls posted:

this tracks to me bc the punk and britt segments went way too long. i kept expecting a run-in for britt's thing

The Britt segment just ending felt like the only real miss of the show

GF has sided with MJF, says Punk gives too much of a hip youth pastor vibe

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
danhausen should team up with emi sakura to take over aew, he could teach her english

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

stat should have run in on the britt promo

and also the main event

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Danhausen seems like every wrestler likes him. Probably a cool dude

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

flatluigi posted:

i don't think effy's gonna be on a major company ever but i'd love to see gaytanic panic reunite

Effy is the poo poo he’s a friend of a friend, I think he’ll see TV

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Sir Tonk posted:

the eight minute or whatever version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkF0kwP_DsI

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The Britt segment was good, it's fine to just let a top star cut a promo when they haven't had live mic time in a while and that's their primary strength.

I totally get not being into it, it's not my favorite thing either, but at a certain point I think the anti-talky segment people have to realize that this is just a part of the TV show even if it isn't to their personal tastes

Spiggy
Apr 26, 2008

Not a cop

flatluigi posted:

That's Effy?! Guess I'm about to pay more attention to the indies.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I like the talking when it has a point. MJF / Punk went a bit long but the crowd was hot and it went somewhere.

Britt just… did a promo on the Cleveland browns. Didn’t set anything up, didn’t interact with anyone. Didn’t move anything forward.

In a show tight for time it was a weird use of 5 minutes.

e: she’s good at it, at least

Also I liked the show a lot overall.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Spiggy posted:

That's Effy?! Guess I'm about to pay more attention to the indies.

definitely go watch effy's big gay brunches, they're real fun

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I still think the way to go with Danhausen is giving him a talk show segment and occasionally having him wrestle

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Danhausen is all the rage

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
lmao at danhausen haters go watch the video of him coming out from under the ringhausen and listen to that pophausen

its okay to not like someone but don't be silly, danhausen is gonna be a part of the show, hes already over huge

what a great show!!! holy poo poo that ladder match was insane, I was a bit distracted during leyla/velvet unfortunately but the bits I saw I loved the intensity of it, way into that feud. lots of stuff in aew im into rn it is a very good TV show. im actually a bit sad cody lost I wanted to see where shithead "face" cody as champ was going

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Eat My Fuc posted:

Effy is the poo poo he’s a friend of a friend, I think he’ll see TV

it's more that iirc he actively doesn't want to be attached to a major company and certainly doesn't need to in his spot on the indies

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
making a list of all the danhausen haters & losers

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

https://twitter.com/i/status/1486535760484487174

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Zombie Lemur posted:

I love that there's a never ending cavalcade of weirdos ready to step in to help Best Friends.

Danhausen wasn't helping he just happened to be under the ring for unrelated reasons.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Shoutouts to F4W recap guy for saying that signing somebody's who's one of the most universally liked wrestlers among wrestlers is a major red flag and refusing to elaborate further beyond that

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shard posted:

Danhausen seems like every wrestler likes him. Probably a cool dude

He is a rare indie guy with absolutely no sleaze rumors.

I find his act annoying but I can't be angry he's signed.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
https://twitter.com/i/status/1486536290514440193

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
if you like serpentico and luther for being weirdos then danhausen should be up your alley

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I thought this Dynamite was a pretty great show. Wasn't too into Britt's victory lap promo, but it's always nice to see her get some mic time. Crowd died for Leyla/Velvet which is a shame as they worked hard and had an ok match. OC/Cole was fine, but never got into third gear. A fine match, but ultimately not too memorable. A lights out match with very little blood? Insanity.

The opener ruled. Absolutely great match and that RKO off the ladder will be highlight reel material for a long time. Punk/MJF stuff was good and worked.

I don't care about the meme guy and never will.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Shard posted:

Gargano doing the right thing. Paternity leave is very important. I had to fight both times I needed it

Bully Ray just fuming reading this, so disrespectful to those fans that wanted to see him

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Yaya posted:

Shoutouts to F4W recap guy for saying that signing somebody's who's one of the most universally liked wrestlers among wrestlers is a major red flag and refusing to elaborate further beyond that

I hate that recapper they are so loving sour

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lid posted:

This is a banger.

Also Danhausen's theme should be Bela Lugosi's Dead.

that reminded me of this achewood comic about Sting and Darby

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://twitter.com/DanhausenAD/status/1479649475455066112

long term storytelling

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shard posted:

He's a sour boy.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

KungFu Grip posted:

if you like serpentico and luther for being weirdos then danhausen should be up your alley

my dream is danhausen being aew's resident venture bros arch villain and luther and serpentico would be EXCELLENT henchmen, they already have complimentary outfits!

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

MassRafTer posted:

He's a sour boy.

The worst!!!

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

BGrifter posted:

Danhausen rules and I’m super excited for his arrival.

Every episode of Dynamite and Rampage from here forward should come with a special Danhausen commentary track.

Post show discussion with Danhausen and RJ City.

Good episode! Was fun to watch - I'm a bit disappointed they won't say that plans changed due to COVID and they just stay silent, they were so good about honesty with that for a while.

Ivypls posted:

i can't believe tony khan committed the unforgivable sin of signing the indie comedy act with huge buzz

With huge marketability and sales figures. Just amazing merch seller.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

smarxist posted:

that reminded me of this achewood comic about Sting and Darby

Looking forward to Darby going to Wales and introducing them to nachos by exploiting their love for their country :hai:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Changing subjects a little but drat it's awesome that AEW women's division isn't just a parade of blond fitness models.

CHIVERS
Apr 28, 2004

c'est quand meme la honte

Shard posted:

uhoh...oooh boy... signing Danhausen's a big pwobwem...a weally big pwobwem

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

shiksa posted:

my dream is danhausen being aew's resident venture bros arch villain and luther and serpentico would be EXCELLENT henchmen, they already have complimentary outfits!

I'm on board if he cuts the Monarch's angry promo from Tag Sale, You're It.

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT
Thoughts:

Good:

Ladder match was superb. Checked it out when WWE Stans were whining about diluting moves. A bit ROH for my tastes, but shouldn't a ladder match be that way?

Wardlow looks ready. More on this in the bad. Legit great job on making him seem important.

In between:

Orange beats Adam Cole. I'm not saying Orange should have beaten Cole in 74 seconds... But it should have been an asskicking.

"This is Orange Cassidy; when he doesn't give a gently caress... if you live." They hinted at it, but they've done scarier matches in the last 30 days. gently caress, on THIS show. And Cody and Sammy are supposed to LIKE each other.

Orange learned from past matches... it wasn't all bad.. Should have realized who was winning the second it was "Lights off, doesn't count towards records".

Orange needs something. They're close.

Bad:

Promos, Promos and more promos.

Britt Baker talking about football, after that tweet about bringing in Roesthlisberger? If AEW brings him in; I'm done. They brought in Jay Lethal, and they get one "oops."

Wardlow looks great. Like he could take MJF and Punk, at the same time. Takes a bit of shine off that long, long, talky feud, doesn't it?

Proposal: loving do it. Punk vs. MJF: No contest, due to Wardlow.

Wardlow murders everyone, challenges for the World Title.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Wazzu posted:

Good episode! Was fun to watch - I'm a bit disappointed they won't say that plans changed due to COVID and they just stay silent, they were so good about honesty with that for a while.

what

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Grem posted:

Changing subjects a little but drat it's awesome that AEW women's division isn't just a parade of blond fitness models.

You’d also enjoy WWE’s women’s division then.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

If they don’t team danhausen up with Darby and Sting, then wtf are we even doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Having a big urge to watch some bmovie horror flicks