Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Did you guys hear about this? r/antiwork was one of the fastest-growing subreddits in recent memory and one of it's moderators went on Fox News and was made to look like a fool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yUMIFYBMnc

Apparently the subreddit, which had a userbase of nearly 2 million, had a huge meltdown afterwards and has since been deleted. What are your thoughts on the Anti-Work movement and do you think the interview did more harm than good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

wizard master

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I cannot wait for the burning hellfire of moderator purges once reddt's IPO goes forward and there is a race between mods and admins to burn everything of value to the ground faster and faster while reddits last few human users hiding out in small subs get a boot in the rear end and their communities destroyed one by one and replaced with the same sort of paid repost bot/penny per poster that pushes Jim Carrey up the front page once a week like clockwork.

its gonna be great.

Huskalator
Mar 17, 2009

Proud fascist
anti-anti-fascist
Imagine getting completely wrecked by tough questions such as "What do you do?" and "What would you teach?".

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
Imagine buying the reddit IPO.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Huskalator posted:

Imagine getting completely wrecked by tough questions such as "What do you do?" and "What would you teach?".

THE gently caress U JUST SAY TO ME

Huskalator
Mar 17, 2009

Proud fascist
anti-anti-fascist

shadow puppet of a posted:

I cannot wait for the burning hellfire of moderator purges once reddt's IPO goes forward and there is a race between mods and admins to burn everything of value to the ground faster and faster while reddits last few human users hiding out in small subs get a boot in the rear end and their communities destroyed one by one and replaced with the same sort of paid repost bot/penny per poster that pushes Jim Carrey up the front page once a week like clockwork.

its gonna be great.

Which reminds me I need to copy/paste those excellent instructions for growing magic mushrooms from reddit before it all blows up.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

that interview was so bad it made me excited for work tomorrow

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Huskalator posted:

Which reminds me I need to copy/paste those excellent instructions for growing magic mushrooms from reddit before it all blows up.

Share that link

Huskalator
Mar 17, 2009

Proud fascist
anti-anti-fascist

Goodpancakes posted:

Share that link

r/unclebens enjoy

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

every time.......

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Wizard Master posted:

Apparently the subreddit, which had a userbase of nearly 2 million, had a huge meltdown afterwards and has since been deleted.

can someone line up a Fox News interview with a CSPAM mod?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
They really had to pick someone who looked and acted exactly like a Reddit mod to be their spokesperson huh.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I haven't seen the interview but why would anyone go on fox news expecting to not be made to look like an rear end in a top hat

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!

bossy lady posted:

I haven't seen the interview but why would anyone go on fox news expecting to not be made to look like an rear end in a top hat

To put "AS SEEN ON FOX NEWS!" on your resume, duh.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

kntfkr posted:

To put "AS SEEN ON FOX NEWS!" on your resume, duh.

more like "rear end SEEN ON FOX NEWS"

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
That's the anti-twerk subreddit.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I think agreeing to do a political interview when you are afraid of eye contact is a bad PR move but that's just me.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
that guy looked like a nerd lol

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

They really could have made their bed before it was in the background of the interview.

The fox news guy didn't have to try, they didn't even lean on them at all. The questions were so basic and softball, it was a 100% self-own.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Alternate title: Reddit mod filmed, looks exactly as expected.

Huskalator
Mar 17, 2009

Proud fascist
anti-anti-fascist

bossy lady posted:

Funny thing is the host did not need to pull out any bag of tricks to do it he just asked basic questions and this person made an rear end of herself while making no eye contact and spinning in her chair in front of millions.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

who are all you people

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!

Sid Vicious posted:

who are all you people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zo1-XlazvY

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i know who you are i mean all these other people

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I thought mocking the guy for being a dog-walker was lovely. I'd rather be a dog-walker than a Fox News employee 100 times over.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Das Boo posted:

I thought mocking the guy for being a dog-walker was lovely. I'd rather be a dog-walker than a Fox News employee 100 times over.

i'm

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat
I wouldn't be surprised if she's a goon too.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

3 minutes to evaporate the whole subreddit

Whoops!

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

a podcast for cats posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if she's a goon too.

apparently they are also a rapist so there is a good chance they are a....

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
they just made it private i think.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Coulda been good if they actually tried to talk about labor issues but now theyre just another log on the pyre of the "people just hate work" narrative

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
gently caress, did I misgender them? Didn't mean to.

shadow puppet of a posted:

apparently they are also a rapist so there is a good chance they are a....

Wut.

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

im having a bit of an existential crisis here guys
Man I just can't milk any pleasure from this trainwreck. Kinda sad to see such a prominent channel for advocating workers rights just loving eviscerated. Sure it was full of fake clapbacks at the boss man, but it was doing some good too.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!

https://showbizcorner.com/antiwork-doreen-cleyre-sexual-assault-rape-doreen-ford-reddit

I just realized this was written by a robot and doesn't actually contain any information.

kntfkr fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jan 27, 2022

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
This world is so corrupt...

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

kntfkr posted:

https://showbizcorner.com/antiwork-doreen-cleyre-sexual-assault-rape-doreen-ford-reddit

I just realized this was written by a robot and doesn't actually contain any information.

Oh good, I thought I was losing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
i mean almost everyone can relate to the sentiment that works sucks cause in our society it's not only tied to your feeling of general self-worth but also because the product of your work usually doesn't benefit you directly. of course there are exceptions, but when it's true for like 90% of jobs it doesn't really feel sustainable

i dont think a reddit dork is really gonna change peoples' opinions one way or another