Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

The Eyes Have It posted:

I too learned video preview doesn't work for me, but I've also learned that if poster Turin throws up a YouTube link, it's probably worth clicking.

I wouldn't as much. I just post game trailers because well, there are still so few VR games that it's 'news' when one gets announced. The moment the market is bigger and there is a quicker cadence on releases, I will have to be much more selective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
I like the whole coins popping out of people, but you could go next level and make the models have gold guts inside, too. So they crack open/get dismembered a bit, like a pinata, but it's merely a bit of exposed golden jello in the head or whatever. A pool of gold can spread out, optionally. Or, make the insides look delicious somehow. I am not a game designer.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Shoving SImulator is exactly the kind of stupid poo poo I love, LOVE to play. The weirder the better.

Make upgrades like an explosive slap, a boxing glove crossbow, an anti-gravity mine, etc.

There was an XBOX game from ages ago where you shot a dude out of a canon in to a city and scored points based of time and destruction. poo poo ruled. MORE PLZ.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

That reminds me, someone needs to make a goddamn Boom Blox remake in VR already :mad:

What's Speilberg doing these days?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Piling on to say shoving simulator sounds like a good time! I immediately thought of this https://youtu.be/T4m4NxQXhGs (PS3 PAIN)

Haptical Sales Slut fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jan 27, 2022

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Wilkins Micawber posted:

I like the whole coins popping out of people, but you could go next level and make the models have gold guts inside, too. So they crack open/get dismembered a bit, like a pinata, but it's merely a bit of exposed golden jello in the head or whatever. A pool of gold can spread out, optionally. Or, make the insides look delicious somehow. I am not a game designer.

You are now.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Just saw this and it's pretty incredible, need to watch in VR:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D-7hszUhzM
The stereo gets wonky at a few points, I think because stuff is too close to your face, so you need to have your bad stereo->close one eye reflex down.

explosivo posted:

That reminds me, someone needs to make a goddamn Boom Blox remake in VR already :mad:
I think this frequently.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Xaintrailles posted:

I think this frequently.

same. But the closest thing we have to Spielberg doing anything for VR is medal of honour and that's on kevin bacon levels of connection

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Has anyone made the PCVR jump to Windows 11 yet? Windows Update has finally said go for it.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Well, now that Supernatural has boxing, my wife loves the Quest 2. She gets in two workouts every day.

I never thought that she would be this into VR workouts but she is.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nuts and Gum posted:

Has anyone made the PCVR jump to Windows 11 yet? Windows Update has finally said go for it.

I wouldn't make the jump yet. Windows 11 is still a bit undercooked IMO.

rangi
May 25, 2006

Girl , you thought he was man , but he was a MUFFIN
I had a bunch of troubles with a few titles (Windlands 2 and Arizona Sunshine) after upgrading to windows 11. Every thirty seconds or so the games would hang and the CPU graph would sit at 0% for a few seconds before spiking to red and resuming.

I've still got the issues after downgrading to 10 again so YMMV

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

flavor.flv posted:

I spent three hours in a vrchat karaoke bar last night and now my voice is shot to hell

It plays YouTube uploads of karaoke screens on the wall, so nobody is synced up with each other and most of them are off key, so it's just like the real thing

My friends group does karaoke on Friday nights, always a good time

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Nuts and Gum posted:

yes it's been fine

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Nuts and Gum posted:

I’ve been using it for a couple months now and aside from some first week issues with the quest 2 (which I have since replaced with a reverb G2) VR and general gaming has been fine.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Nuts and Gum posted:

I have seen nothing that's said that the issues a lot of people have (fpsvr and other overlays causing problems, window focus stuff and hardware scheduler issues, for Quest Oculus software not officially being compatible and compositor frame drops) have been fixed yet.

It might work fine but, it might not yet. So unless you have a good reason I wouldn't. It's just adding one more potential source of problems.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Thanks for the replies. I think I'll wait a bit longer!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Shadow of the Colossus in Vr would be cool. Sony. Would best get on that

Dirty Needles
Jul 3, 2008

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Well, now that Supernatural has boxing, my wife loves the Quest 2. She gets in two workouts every day.

I never thought that she would be this into VR workouts but she is.

Same with mine but BoxVR (if only supernatural were out in the UK). She spends more time on it than I do!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Wilkins Micawber posted:

Agreed. Either go incredibly gory where it's overkill, or go the absurd route. Either way I'm in.

I had to laugh when I saw they were coming out with a Twilight zone game. 99% of that show had the protagonist being an rear end in a top hat and getting their karmic rewards. That's gonna be a damned hard line to stay on and keep enjoyable.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Beastie posted:

While climbing on top of gigantic monsters would be cool in VR, I don't think the virtual rodeo (when they try to shake you off) would be :barf:

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Beastie posted:

Jet Island will give you this fix easily. Exact same vibe of awe and wonder taking down lumbering titans the size of skyscrapers as you whip around them like Spiderman with a magic snowboard

big big recommend if you want shadow of the Colossus in VR

e: it will also give you that tinge of remorse afterwards

tip's dismount game:

on the skyscraper across the way should be a billboard with a "donate coins at your local coin clinic." and someone with a golden IV or something

forest spirit fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jan 27, 2022

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Nuts and Gum posted:

Haven't had a single problem with it.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

That Italian Guy posted:

While climbing on top of gigantic monsters would be cool in VR, I don't think the virtual rodeo (when they try to shake you off) would be :barf:

I was playing Skyrim VR for the first time last night and got smoked by an arrow at Bleak falls Barrow. Killed me and ragdolled me down the side of the mountain. Apparently the VR doesn't stop so you get all the fun of motion sickness with none of the control.

I imagine being shook by a collosus will be a similar experience.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Echoing that Jet Island is already all of that and more.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
The new Zenith MMO comes out today and looks like it has active climbing in it as well.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Skyrim VR is... Not great. Even with the FUS modpack. I was hoping for something along the lines of Blade and Sorcery but instead it's more like a VR tech demo laid on top of regular Skyrim. Also it looks terrible - I think it's the lowest resolution game I've played so far and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change it

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Skyrim VR being as old as it is does have some remarkable graphics mods made with a complete understanding of what they're working with inside the sketchy creation engine.

Modded and at reasonable res the game looks crispy

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Manager Hoyden posted:

Skyrim VR is... Not great. Even with the FUS modpack. I was hoping for something along the lines of Blade and Sorcery but instead it's more like a VR tech demo laid on top of regular Skyrim. Also it looks terrible - I think it's the lowest resolution game I've played so far and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change it

Did you follow the instructions while installing FUS? it has some steps you have to do to activate the reshaders and rendering stuff. It looks janked up if you skip the steps.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

can someone link to this 200+ modpack I keep hearing about for skyrim vr

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Manager Hoyden posted:

I haven't tried it myself but I feel like expecting Blade and Sorcery was maybe a bit unreasonable

marumaru
May 20, 2013

beep by grandpa posted:

can someone link to this 200+ modpack I keep hearing about for skyrim vr

https://github.com/Kvitekvist/FUS

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

skyrim vr has looked like poo poo to me in every pack ive tried, dunno what it is.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

The dynamic resolution scaling is busted and maxes out at a very low value. Turn that off and crank up the resolution and it'll look a lot better, there's also tweaks that can be made to the TAA but you'll always be trading clarity for aliasing.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

queeb posted:

skyrim vr has looked like poo poo to me in every pack ive tried, dunno what it is.

its skyrim op

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Did you follow the instructions while installing FUS? it has some steps you have to do to activate the reshaders and rendering stuff. It looks janked up if you skip the steps.

Yeah, followed to the letter. And to be fair it looks very sharp and undistorted, just super low res and aliased. And also it has all the shadow issues you would expect from a non-vr game in vr

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

What's the process for playing modded Skyrim with a Q2?

I have virtual desktop. Should I launch it through there via Vortex or what? I'm too old and stupid for this.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Inzombiac posted:

What's the process for playing modded Skyrim with a Q2?

I have virtual desktop. Should I launch it through there via Vortex or what? I'm too old and stupid for this.

Yeah you start Steam VR through VD, then pop back into desktop mode and launch it from the shortcut. You may then need to open up the VD menu and return to SteamVR to get in the VR view at that point.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
People ITT surprised a decade-old game looks like a decade-old game. Skyrim is and always has been ugly no matter how you dress it up, but that's not why we play it so :shrug:

I've had a blast in Skyrim VR with minimal mods, just picking up objects and chucking them around and just generally doing Skyrim stuff. But that's just me and I've always loved that dumb game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Nuts and Gum posted:

I haven't ran the newest updates but previously I was on 11 and it was generally ok. I had issues with nvidia broadcast, and I really really hate the audio mixer changes, but otherwise for me it was ok. I know at one point some oculus side stuff was wonky but I had a 10 machine for my quest so I never bothered. 11 on index was thumbs up though.