Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I used to never buy milk because I don't drink it and only use it in stuff so it'd go bad and a goon mentioned Fairlife and I love that stuff. It lasts like a month or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I just got the mailer today and starting Feb 2nd the "Skullcandy Grind Fuel True Wireless Earbuds" are $30 off for a final price of $50.

edit: I see you know that already.

I'll definitely try to snatch them up as soon as they go on sale so I can post a trip report for y'all. I was debating going back to Mpow but I like the idea of Costco because of the extended warranty stuff.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

I used to never buy milk because I don't drink it and only use it in stuff so it'd go bad and a goon mentioned Fairlife and I love that stuff. It lasts like a month or two.

Costco has shelf stable packs of Horizon milk cartons

https://www.costco.com/horizon-organic-whole-milk%2c-8-oz%2c-18-count.product.100533380.html

They’re ultra pasteurized 8oz cartons and stay good for like 3 months. You can get them in smaller pack at target too.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

bagmonkey posted:

I'll definitely try to snatch them up as soon as they go on sale so I can post a trip report for y'all. I was debating going back to Mpow but I like the idea of Costco because of the extended warranty stuff.

Hmm I'm gonna have to check these out

I have mpows for work and sound quality is decent, but I bought them mainly for their controls via the earbuds... and they fuckin blow. It just pauses the music regardless of what I'm using to do, and it has unpaused good the earbuds only once :mad:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Johnny Truant posted:

Hmm I'm gonna have to check these out

I have mpows for work and sound quality is decent, but I bought them mainly for their controls via the earbuds... and they fuckin blow. It just pauses the music regardless of what I'm using to do, and it has unpaused good the earbuds only once :mad:

Ugh, yeah. My left earbud randomly shuts off sometimes, the pause controls are extremely hit or miss and none of the non-pause functionality works for me. On top of that, the charging case isn't charging one of the earbuds properly so it dies halfway through whatever I'm doing and yeah, thanks for getting me to type that all out Johnny, I am getting the Skullcandys

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon
My ears are defective and earbuds do not stay in them. I've tried at least 10 different kinds and shapes with the little silicone size adjusters. I've given up on them.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

fordham posted:

My ears are defective and earbuds do not stay in them. I've tried at least 10 different kinds and shapes with the little silicone size adjusters. I've given up on them.

Whoa, thats weard

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

fischtick posted:

The Kirkland oat milk has like 7g of sugar in a serving, and milk milk has 12g. I don't buy it because I need diet milk, I buy it because my kid wants to cut dairy out of her diet to see if it's what causes some GI issues. From a mouth-feel perspective, oat milk is a little on the skim milk side for me, but dump it in a small bowl of muesli/granola cereal and you forget about it.

Costco doesn't sell it AFAIK, but extra creamy oat milk is pretty close to whole milk in, uh, texture.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

fordham posted:

I thought that was me as weird but for some reason my left ear canal is angled way differently than my right and ear buds have to be inserted at an upward angle

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

its all nice on rice posted:

Costco doesn't sell it AFAIK, but extra creamy oat milk is pretty close to whole milk in, uh, texture.

Sometimes! They had regular oatly and then extra creamy replaced it and now it's silk brand oatmilk.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

fordham posted:

Same. I have to have ones that at least have the ear hooks. Sometimes the little "finger" sticking out to catch the hollow at the top of the ear works, too.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

KakerMix posted:

Exactly. I'm sure its decent enough as they are at Costco after all, and as a ~brand~ you have to make yourself stand out somehow. I have a minor issue with the name because it reeks of highschool-me making up character names for Shadowrun characters.

Spyder: 22 year old elven Decker from Tir Tairngire

Super dependent on location. They can be very restrictive on both what vehicles they will install tires on (have to be in their system) and what they will do about sizing. Mine is cool and installs tires on loose wheels all the time for me. Plus the executive membership plus now the Citi card means I can build up quite a bit of a Costco return buying things I was going to buy anyway. Specifically tires and batteries. BUT your location might be awful, some are. Mine happens to be good.

Pictured: full set of 5 Costco-bought and installed (loosely, they won't take in a JDM vehicle into the install bays) tires, and also two batteries under the hood you can't see.

Your car kicks rear end

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

I got the Skullcandy Indy Evo earbuds from Costco for about the same price as these new ones. They look to be practically the same. They've been really good, the charge lasts awhile and I like that the case has a battery in it too, thereby doubling the charge before having to fully plug in. They sync well and don't drop connection.

My only complaint is they have all sorts of different tapping shortcuts to do things and a) I can't remember what they are and b) when I do it is sort of finicky. Not a deal breaker for me though.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Chinatown posted:

glass of almond milk + one splenda packet

youre all welcome

Putting sweetener into a glass of nut milk

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

I got the Skullcandy Indy ANC earbuds sometime last year when Costco had them on sale. They're good most of the time, but a handful of times they randomly disconnect then reconnect after a few seconds, or the sound will blip out for about a second in the middle of a song / video. It's not often enough to be a huge issue, but I've read several reviews where people have had nothing but problems with them, so it appears to be hit or miss. I don't know about the ones that are about to go on sale, but I'm still not the biggest fan of wireless earbuds or over-the-ear headphones tbh

Truthfully I only bought the Bluetooth buds because I forgot when I upgraded to a new phone they did away with the aux port. My wired Skullcandy buds are still chugging along, 10+ years since purchase, and I use them with my Switch so that's something at least.

On a separate note I bought 5 jars of 505 Chiles last trip and I don't regret it.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Renegret posted:

Wait Costco sells oat milk? I was looking for it but I couldn't find it so I assumed they carry it

Their oat milk is legit the best for the price i've found. Big fan.

fordham posted:

Same. I've never found an in ear bud shape that didnt just fall out with in a few minutes or feel like it was constantly falling out therefor stressing me out. Samsung ones were probably the best and apple style are the worst for me. just pop the moment I start running or doing anything athletic.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

its all nice on rice posted:

"mouthfeel"

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/BikiniBabeLover/status/44515715893567488?t=umntBqVZL2asyhQWNJeShg&s=19

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I just got the mailer today and starting Feb 2nd the "Skullcandy Grind Fuel True Wireless Earbuds" are $30 off for a final price of $50.

edit: I see you know that already.

That might be in the price range where I say "yeah sure why not I'll try that poo poo out", thanks for the heads up.

e: pink lady apples are real good I eat them with the skin on but I also like granny smith apples as my other go to so maybe my mouth is weird

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

tangy yet delightful posted:

That might be in the price range where I say "yeah sure why not I'll try that poo poo out", thanks for the heads up.

:tipshat:

Chocobosayskweh
Oct 11, 2009

fischtick posted:

The ladies of the house are boba fiends, and we just discovered boba kits in the freezer aisle at the 'Co. It's a little packet of boba in some brown sugar and tea syrup. Nuke it for 30s and dump it in some iced milk (or iced oat milk) for a treat. Even comes with boba straws. They like it! It's a very simple brown sugar milk tea, not like the stuff you can get at fancier places, but it's a good after school treat. Recommended.

My wife is a huge fan of these! I got her a non-frozen version months ago and can’t find it again. They were in a pre-packaged boba cup.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
best new fancy apple I've had recently is Cosmic Crisp

good stuff

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

blight rhino posted:

I'm a single dude. No space for a chest freezer

What about an upright?

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
The D’anjou pears are great and ill likely finish up the bag within a day, i’ll probably grab a bag of the Bosc pears to try next time, along with either some pink lady or honeycrisp apples. The Organic Fujis are solid and I wouldn’t complain about them being an only option, but Costco has like 4-5 varieties at least.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
There's a new brand of Boba ice cream bars replacing the old one. It's a box of 10 instead of the box of 3 boxes of 4, so there might be some eco-friendly less carbon waste going on with the switch.

Taste pretty much the same, except the boba itself tastes much more firm and it feels like there's more of it.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I am enjoying the frozen ramen with chicken in it from the freezer section. I do not remember the name as I threw out the box but they are good

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

bagmonkey posted:

I am enjoying the frozen ramen with chicken in it from the freezer section. I do not remember the name as I threw out the box but they are good

I move them to a larger bowl to add more water, and then add some powdered ginger, powdered garlic, and onion salt to them to help offset the extra water.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

binge crotching posted:

I move them to a larger bowl to add more water, and then add some powdered ginger, powdered garlic, and onion salt to them to help offset the extra water.

Hmmmm!!!! I think I have two left and I might do this with them!!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

bagmonkey posted:

Shoryu?

I can't remember seeing too many other frozen ramen brands.

It's funny that for most of the 'instant' noodles mentioned in thread most people are actually using them to make a real meal with fresh vegetables and protein. I've tried a few brands but the only ramen I can really eat 'plain' anymore is the Nissin Raoh or the fresh noodle $4/cup ones from Asian markets. Everything else just needs some fresh greens and an egg or two at least to make it taste good.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 29, 2022

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

The Walrus posted:

best new fancy apple I've had recently is Cosmic Crisp

good stuff

I've only tried it once and found it to be too sweet.

Good god this is what getting old is.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I am a fan of Northern Michigan grown Sweetango apples, they are dope as hell

https://sweetango.com/

tbh the farms up there have some great varietals, apples own

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

We just saw this thing for the first time and got it and were happy with it. He’s wrong though the vegetables aren’t pre cooked. Also our chunks of broc were 2-3x the size of us so I cooked the veg 2 or 3 times as long. I think ours had less chicken and more vegetable than his also.

Definitely enough food for 3-4 people or 2 people and leftovers.

https://youtu.be/Q6I4PgTl7p0

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

bagmonkey posted:

Hmmmm!!!! I think I have two left and I might do this with them!!

Add an egg. I boil one for 6 minutes.

It'll change your life.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I stopped buying the shoyu ramen. It's good but I got tired of it and it's not cheap.

However, I impulse bought the shin black instant ramen to try and, oh man I had no idea instant ramen got so good. What else am I missing as far as instant ramen goes?

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Geodude used Reply to Thread! It's super effective!
We enjoyed the Chef Morimoto ramen they used to sell, but the expiration date was way sooner than we realized and the oil/fat flavor packet went rancid.

They also didn't come with a bowl or anything, so it's not like I could make it at work easily.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Renegret posted:

I stopped buying the shoyu ramen. It's good but I got tired of it and it's not cheap.

However, I impulse bought the shin black instant ramen to try and, oh man I had no idea instant ramen got so good. What else am I missing as far as instant ramen goes?

stir fry (rather than stew) style ramen. the brands you want are samyang and paldo. idk if costco has them though

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
My favorite with the Shin ramyun is to finely grate a bit of fresh ginger into the bowl with your veggies/meat before you serve, really bams the spice and flavor up a notch.

I've run out and need some more next Costco trip but I wanna try out the thing with emulsifying some egg & kewpie into it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Just cracked open a fresh jar of the Tassos double stffed garlic/jalapeno spanish olives. Life is good.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Renegret posted:

Add an egg. I boil one for 6 minutes.

It'll change your life.

You boil the egg first? Like hard boiled or?

Any way when I make ramen I crack an egg into the water once it reboils after adding the noodles and the egg coats the noodles in a really nice way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Please tell me this is available everywhere