Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

We definitely are gonna finish all of this with Sabine looking at all these garbage Mandalorians and saying "Wtf?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Robot Style posted:

Also being the home of Luke "Destroyed the Death Star, killed Vader and the Emperor (as far as anyone knows)" Skywalker is probably good for tourism, or at least something the Republic would want to keep an eye on.

Tatooine becoming a Skywalker-themed tourist trap is the most Disney thing ever.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Sammus posted:

And Mandalor was neutral through the clone wars. It took Death Watch and a Sith Lord to drag the glorious thriving mandalorian nation into the war, and I doubt they’ll be rushing to fight besides anyone in the future.

If you ever read up on Mandalore history, it's 50% them loving themselves and 50% them teaming up with the Sith and being hosed.

But surely, this time the Sith won't pull the football away when we try to kick it!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I enjoyed the fact that the Armorer reminded us that the Galactic Empire only lasted 20 years, compared to 10,000 years of Mandalorians. It's a blink of an eye in the grand scheme of things.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Also, the main source for Tatooine being nowhere is pretty much the Archetype Whiny Teenager Luke. The place has a functional economy, but not self contained and self sufficient. Someone imported his Skyhopper. There's going to be commercial travel. Heck, Luke tried to get Obi-Wan to take the space bus at first.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Panfilo posted:

I enjoyed the fact that the Armorer reminded us that the Galactic Empire only lasted 20 years, compared to 10,000 years of Mandalorians. It's a blink of an eye in the grand scheme of things.

The entire lifespan of the Galactic Empire was basically just Sheev Palpatine's Wild Weekend Coke Bender, as far as the Mandalorians are concerned.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

The triumphant dick waving over their longevity would hit a little harder if there were enough Mandos left in the galaxy to crew a medium freighter.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Sammus posted:

New boss same as the old boss.

Mayfeld's entire talk in The Believer is about how the New Republic has failed to make the galaxy much safer. The Empire is still out there, people are still exploited, and it doesn't matter if it's an X-Wing or a Tie Fighter on your rear end, it's still the government.

And Mandalorians have been around forever. 10,000 years is going back nearly to the original Taung colonists after their exile from Coruscant during the war with prehistoric humans.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

BrianWilly posted:

I mean, at some point we have to address the elephant in the room

They already did.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dave Syndrome posted:

They already did.

Close the thread, nobody's topping this. Thank you all for posting, Star Wars is now over. Good night.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Everyone posted:

Boba doesn't really care about Mandalore or the Darksaber or The Way. He wanted the armor back because it was pretty much the only tangible link he had to his father. I think in some ways Boba does represent a third way but that third way is more "learn from and accept the past but then build something new."

ya but, hes not a real guy. those things didnt actually happen.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

stev posted:

Does Boba even know/care about all that Mando poo poo? I thought he just took his dad's cool armour when he died.

Wasn't Jango kicked out of being a Mandalorian by Satine's government for being from Concord Dawn and so connected to Death Watch? Literally every surviving Mandalorian would have been disowned for the same reason. I guess Boba isn't really a Mandalorian, because he has no connection to the culture, but that's not really due to Jango himself being disowned.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
You know, sometimes I wish I did a little more with my life instead of hanging out in front of places fixing space ships and poo poo. Like, maybe be an animal doctor. Why not me? I like seals and poo poo. Or maybe an astronaut. Yeah. Like, be the first motherfucker to see a new galaxy, or find a new alien lifeform... and gently caress it. And people'd be like, "There she goes. Homegirl hosed a Jawa once."

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Dave Syndrome posted:

They already did.

:hmmyes:

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Cage Kicker posted:

You know, sometimes I wish I did a little more with my life instead of hanging out in front of places fixing space ships and poo poo. Like, maybe be an animal doctor. Why not me? I like seals and poo poo. Or maybe an astronaut. Yeah. Like, be the first motherfucker to see a new galaxy, or find a new alien lifeform... and gently caress it. And people'd be like, "There she goes. Homegirl hosed a Jawa once."

"Do they call me Peli the spaceship-fixer?
No.
Do they call me Peli the droid-rescuer?
No.
Do they call me Peli the Sabacc wizard?
No.
But you gently caress one Jawa..."

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

That DICK! posted:

The best talky parts of Mando/Boba are when they slow down and examine Mandalorian culture through unreliable narrators, so the biggest disappointment with Boba Fett for me is that he hasn't really challenged it. If you got ol' Din Djarin in the middle of a Mandalorian political axis, and Bo Katan's all about passion and individualism on the one end while the Armorer's all about duty and collectivism on the other, I feel like Boba should represent a third wheel that's all about wearing cool armor, not giving a poo poo, and being really good at killing people. The kinda guy who would 'yeah ok' at the Darksaber lore being explained and then shoot its owner in the back of the head while they were sleeping cause its cool as hell and probably would sell for a lot of money.
Or maybe he's into self determination and not working for/dealing with "idiots" like he said.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

BrianWilly posted:

It feels like more could have been made from that big spear than just Grogu's little gift bag. Where'd the rest of it go?

It also did feel a little strange that Tattooine, that didn't even accept Republic credits a while back, now has commercial flights and Republic patrols.

Eh, I buy it. With the empire gone it's probably a free for all for commerce. Also that spaceliner just landed in an open field. Unlike our mass transit systems it doesn't look like starships need a huge amount of infrastructure to start new lines.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Dave Syndrome posted:

They already did.

WIZARD!!!!!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Dave Syndrome posted:

They already did.

:five:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'm so angry

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

If beskar is meant only for armor what are the whistling birds for, Armorer? Checkmate, fundie.

Whistling birds are meant to go through gaps in armor :smuggo:

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.

Darko posted:

We definitely are gonna finish all of this with Sabine looking at all these garbage Mandalorians and saying "Wtf?"

I think you meant to say "Makeover!" while the other Mandalorians just shake their heads in dismay.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Oh Din you need to put some colour on that beskar. Let me do the artwork.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Arc Hammer posted:

Oh Din you need to put some colour on that beskar. Let me do the artwork.

"Make it green."

[Boba Kool-Aid Mans through the nearest wall]

"Ex-cuse me?! I am the green Mando of this galaxy."

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
I love how this episode continued the tradition of everything in the Mandalorian being a video game.

“Time to go turn in the ‘Deliver Grogu’ quest, while I’m here I need to level my Swordsmanship skill and also have the merchant craft my spear into companion armor. Okay, now that that’s done, time for this sidequest on Tattooine to regain fast travel ability.”

Speaking of games, there’s no way they would include a BD droid in this episode without also having plans for a Cal Kestis appearance somewhere in the new EU, right?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Fennec holding Boba back as Sabine tugs on his armor, "we really need to brighten this up, how do you feel about pink?"

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

site posted:

Fennec holding Boba back as Sabine tugs on his armor, "we really need to brighten this up, how do you feel about pink?"

Boba yells "release the Rancor" which jumps on Sabine and starts licking her like the adorable puppy it is.

Everyone fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 28, 2022

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Beskar-armored rancor mount when

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Vinylshadow posted:

Beskar-armored rancor mount when

I’m hoping that’s what the Armorer does with the rest of the spear.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Rewatching some Clone Wars after this episode, it makes me wonder if this could be a peek into a larger live action show strategy where all of them have a much more organic relationship than just being spinoffs of each other. Clone Wars had such an incredible structure with its min-arcs serving the larger vision, and if the live-action shows were to each allow for self-contained one-off adventures where characters jump in and out of each others stories like characters do in Clone Wars arcs would be fantastic.

Unlikely since that's trying to extrapolate a lot from a little, but it would be a very cool way forward for these shows.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
Meanwhile Din becomes the Mandalore and hires Grand Admiral Thrawn as his Defense Secretary. Upon hearing that, the First Order shits itself and stays way the gently caress away from Mandalore.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

feedmyleg posted:

Rewatching some Clone Wars after this episode, it makes me wonder if this could be a peek into a larger live action show strategy where all of them have a much more organic relationship than just being spinoffs of each other. Clone Wars had such an incredible structure with its min-arcs serving the larger vision, and if the live-action shows were to each allow for self-contained one-off adventures where characters jump in and out of each others stories like characters do in Clone Wars arcs would be fantastic.

Unlikely since that's trying to extrapolate a lot from a little, but it would be a very cool way forward for these shows.

This is why Star Wars: The Show would be a better answer than fifteen miniseries. Just switch between storylines on a rotation.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
you basically just described the MCU tv shows so it's not out of the realm of possibility

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Arc Hammer posted:

This is why Star Wars: The Show would be a better answer than fifteen miniseries. Just switch between storylines on a rotation.

Do it like Cliffhangers which I loved as a kid but got really pissed off about because I never got to see the end of two of the storylines.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Space Racist posted:

I love how this episode continued the tradition of everything in the Mandalorian being a video game.

Friends and I have discussed this and it works so well. It's genre fiction and so it's not going to be all character development all the time. But you don't notice as much if there's also skill and equipment development mixed in. Anyone who's ever enjoyed a videogame or D&D campaign saw something so familiar and relatable in Din completing his armor set.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Boba TV show isn't that great, so they plopped a Mando episode right in the middle? That was weird.

Ep was really good though, but the helmet thing is super odd and jarring. "Oh hey you've spent years living the Mando way and earned all your Beskar blah blah blah. Oh wait, you took your helmet off once? You're cast out of the Mando order, now get the gently caress out." Wait what?

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jan 28, 2022

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Boba TV show isn't that great, so they plopped a Mando episode right in the middle? That was weird.

Ep was really good though, but the helmet thing is super odd and jarring. "Oh hey you've spent years living the Mando way and earned all your Beskar blah blah blah. Oh wait, you took your helmet off once? You're cast out of the Mando order, now get the gently caress out." Wait what?

She obviously wants him to go to Mandalore to fulfill his peoples destiny/prophecy. Atonement for taking off his helmet was as good a reason as any.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

She obviously wants him to go to Mandalore to fulfill his peoples destiny/prophecy. Atonement for taking off his helmet was as good a reason as any.

Ok that's fine, but when you have 3 remaining members of your order, maybe don't cast 33% of them off because they took off their hat once. That was stupid.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Ok that's fine, but when you have 3 remaining members of your order, maybe don't cast 33% of them off because they took off their hat once. That was stupid.

Fundamentalists generally aren't reasonable people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

She’s just playing it up and acting the part. You can almost hear a hint of amusement in her voice when she tells him where to go.