Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Mentat Radnor posted:

That's how both of them used to work years ago, just % increased mana cost of skills. I don't know why they changed it in the first place, since the only real abuse cases were with Zerphi's Last Breath, which got nerfed into alch shards over a year before the mana cost changes on these other uniques.

they were part of the first wave of archmage nerfs iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
:black101:

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1487194269849100289?s=20&t=j-Cg1fNJEMrZxSjyl_WEBQ

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

is this why they got rid of racecourse? oh well, acid cavern is still in...

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

Trying to decide between Kay's minions and vortex occultist for SSF. Never done cold dot before, which build would be better T bossing?

Vortex occultist single target is kinda mediocre (unless I was playing it wrong/bad which is extremely possible)

<e> felt mediocre to me I have no idea how it actually compares to anything*

mynnna fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jan 29, 2022

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
When I played Vortex occ a few leagues ago it felt like it hit a major damage wall until I could switch to LL. After that it was excellent, but it requires enough gear that I don't know if it would be a good pick for SSF.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Lpzie posted:

I imagine this will follow the pattern where only the final map boss you kill, when it's a multi-boss, is treated like a loot pinata, for the purposes of special map boss drops.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Lpzie posted:

City Square and Precinct are back in.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

mynnna posted:

Vortex occultist single target is kinda mediocre (unless I was playing it wrong/bad which is extremely possible)

<e> felt mediocre to me I have no idea how it actually compares to anything*

Vortex occultist is the kinda gold standard for good consistent dps in my book, but its when you use your vaal cold snap, cold snap, and vortex on the same target that it melts.

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

My buddy played an Exsanguinate Champion last league that went really, really well for him. Some gear overlap with Seismic Trap (specifically Cold Iron Point early) which is unfortunate because it's looking like that'll be popular again. Unleash got nerfed a bit and exsang didn't get as much of a buff to compensate, so that's too bad. +2 amulets will be harder to come by and without Sirus as the Atlas End Boss means Crown of the Inward Eye will be more expensive. I don't think any of this is enough to kill the build, though. I hope.

But we're still almost a full week out. I'll change my mind several times between now and then. Ultimately I want something tanky enough to survive the new bosses so I'm not just getting clapped and learning nothing as I burn through six portals.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Tenzarin posted:

Vortex occultist is the kinda gold standard for good consistent dps in my book, but its when you use your vaal cold snap, cold snap, and vortex on the same target that it melts.

I was either playing it badly or don't really have a good feeling for "good single target dps" then, since the latter is what I was actually doing

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Jinnigan posted:

It is explicitly not back

Although Archnemesis is like if Ultimatum were for bosses. So. Close enough?

Where did they explicitly say this? Or was it synthesized to an implicit?

Archnemesis is not close enough. I don't even think it gives individual rewards for multiple party members like Ultimatum?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

This seems like a good league to mess with Battlemage. Hopefully Templar remains unpopular

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

shimmy shimmy posted:

Well that's pretty busted sounding. What node do you give up for Master Surgeon though?

Yeah it's Nature's Boon for pconc. The investment into all the flask stuff lets you gen enough life flask charges and with the Flagellant's you keep utility flasks up. Nature's Boon is a great node with it for Lightning Strike or other poison skills that don't need the chaos aoe node though. The 20% chance not to consume charges is a chance to double trigger instead of messing up the trigger.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Zero VGS posted:

Where did they explicitly say this?

In the Q&A

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

hawowanlawow posted:

wtf just delete them lol

why do they hate archmage so much

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

boredsatellite posted:

I don't think anyone used them for scaling archmage after the first round of nerfs

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jan 29, 2022

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

boredsatellite posted:

i really don't know why they ever added that support gem because they've spent the last like 2 years constantly nerfing it. and i don't think it was all that good after the first round of nerfs. 3.15 upgraded it to dogshit and 3.16 probably made it worse than any other support regardless of build. having 5 auras is always going to be more damage and probably would be if we had archmage 1.0 and not the sad poo poo we do now

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Just made a foil reflection in standard. Any other fated poo poo had a relic version and was cool? Can't think of anything else neat to foil before prophecy goes.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Yeah archmage nerfs were very sad imo. An actual cool, fun and unique option for self casting and it didn't get to live nearly long enough.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
I noticed a summoner using this weapon in Scourge League along with The Squire to have a 12-link for their minions:

What in the gently caress is going on here? I've seen weapons that can roll like Increased Critical Strikes, but since when was Multistrike or Ruthless even possible?

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

Zero VGS posted:

I noticed a summoner using this weapon in Scourge League along with The Squire to have a 12-link for their minions:

What in the gently caress is going on here? I've seen weapons that can roll like Increased Critical Strikes, but since when was Multistrike or Ruthless even possible?

Awakener's Orb for a double influence Shaper/Elder base. Then just get to rollin and pray to the RNG gods. Or more likely, sacrifice to the RNG demons. For level 20 of all those support mods, craftofexile puts this item at a little over 25 billion chaos to hit it.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Those are influenced mods from war for the atlas lol

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

dyzzy posted:

Those are influenced mods from war for the atlas lol

Yeah I know the shaper ones, but has Elder always rolled Multistrike / Ruthless? I never remember that being a thing.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
On one-handed swords? Yes, Elder has always had those phys attack supports able to roll.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Does anyone have a guide on how to profit and juice Rituals?

J
Jun 10, 2001

Jinnigan posted:

Does anyone have a guide on how to profit and juice Rituals?

The incoming atlas rework and removal of watchstones is going to change how this works and it may no longer be possible, but as things are right now my understanding is the best way to profit from rituals is to target ilvl 86 ritual specific item bases. Blizzard crowns, dreamquest slippers, etc. The gist is you get the 3 unique watchstones that raise the area monster level (terror,misinformation, stalwart defenders), and a 4th watchstone with the meticulous mod (area is guaranteed to have 4 rituals altars.) Meticulous has a really low weight so you'll have to shell out exalts or a lot of alterations for it. This makes your maps essentially T19 assuming you run a T16 map. Run maps in the region with the ritual atlas passives until you get a natural ritual spawn if ritual isn't on the map device to force it. Fill up your blood vessels. Then use the filled vessels on future T19 maps to get more ritual spawns. Take any ritual base you see, with blizzard crowns likely being the jackpot. Price check and see if the base is worth beast splitting, since the split tag will reduce the value.

If I had to take a wild guess I suspect they will move various watchstone mods to sextant mods in this expansion, or possibly atlas tree passives as well. If they don't then you'll want to look for any method to raise the area level if one exists after the reworks.

edit: If you wanted to go further with this and have some crafting chops, you could craft the bases yourself. Ignite is likely to be very popular this league, if you know how to craft the type of blizzard crown those builds are looking for you might be able to extend your profit further beyond selling just the base.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

J posted:

The incoming atlas rework and removal of watchstones is going to change how this works and it may no longer be possible, but as things are right now my understanding is the best way to profit from rituals is to target ilvl 86 ritual specific item bases. Blizzard crowns, dreamquest slippers, etc. The gist is you get the 3 unique watchstones that raise the area monster level (terror,misinformation, stalwart defenders), and a 4th watchstone with the meticulous mod (area is guaranteed to have 4 rituals altars.) Meticulous has a really low weight so you'll have to shell out exalts or a lot of alterations for it. This makes your maps essentially T19 assuming you run a T16 map. Run maps in the region with the ritual atlas passives until you get a natural ritual spawn if ritual isn't on the map device to force it. Fill up your blood vessels. Then use the filled vessels on future T19 maps to get more ritual spawns. Take any ritual base you see, with blizzard crowns likely being the jackpot. Price check and see if the base is worth beast splitting, since the split tag will reduce the value.

If I had to take a wild guess I suspect they will move various watchstone mods to sextant mods in this expansion, or possibly atlas tree passives as well. If they don't then you'll want to look for any method to raise the area level if one exists after the reworks.

edit: If you wanted to go further with this and have some crafting chops, you could craft the bases yourself. Ignite is likely to be very popular this league, if you know how to craft the type of blizzard crown those builds are looking for you might be able to extend your profit further beyond selling just the base.

Nice. They definitely showed at least one of the Atlas Passives is "if you do get rituals, you get 4 ritual altars guaranteed" so that's one part of the strat locked and loaded

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Vasudus posted:

I think I've interacted with TFT maybe four or five times, once in Harvest proper and the rest in Ritual to make all the godlike poo poo I had that league.

You can do *a lot* without ever having to rely on others or do anything more outrageous than keeping a stash tab full of bases to reroll on.

I got a craft worth 6ex last league and spent weeks unsuccessfully trying to sell it on TFT, even at an ex lower than the bot listed the price at, because at this point no one will buy crafts from people who haven't used TFT before and don't have any vouches :shrug:

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Has anyone league started shockwave cyclone? How is it?

Edit: Should have specified Champion. The video is helpful though.

Benson Cunningham fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jan 29, 2022

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Benson Cunningham posted:

Has anyone league started shockwave cyclone? How is it?

Maffle did for Ritual

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fV0deqQnxE

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Archmage was a huge balance problem because it let you stack a single stat (mana) for both offenses and defenses (via mom, clarity eye, omeyocan, agnostic, etc). I'm not saying they couldn't have fixed it eventually, but something like that is pretty much always going to oscillate wildly between overpowered and useless based on pretty small numerical tweaks.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Aerox posted:

I got a craft worth 6ex last league and spent weeks unsuccessfully trying to sell it on TFT, even at an ex lower than the bot listed the price at, because at this point no one will buy crafts from people who haven't used TFT before and don't have any vouches :shrug:

you gotta grind out your vouches on small fry stuff first. vorici benches, offering rng challenges for free if you get them, etc. stuff that's usually used on items where if you get scammed you're out a few ex instead of like 50. it sucks rear end but, well, eat your vegetables if you want to grow up big and strong. at least once you have a colored name you get to keep it for future leagues, unlike everything else in path of exile.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reiterpallasch posted:

Archmage was a huge balance problem because it let you stack a single stat (mana) for both offenses and defenses (via mom, clarity eye, omeyocan, agnostic, etc). I'm not saying they couldn't have fixed it eventually, but something like that is pretty much always going to oscillate wildly between overpowered and useless based on pretty small numerical tweaks.

yeah, but it wasn't a terribly good defensive layer if you ask me. running a baran map was pain. and Archmage made you use so much mana you basically had to chug an endless flask forever. idk. i guess my problem is for a long time it was the only way to play lightning spells because it increased minimum damage significantly, and that pissed me off, and it makes me even more mad that it's been bad for a while and now useless.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

TFT is is a huge racket, less stressful just letting the big $$$ craft go to waste than sell anything there. After all, something is as only valuable as it is to you, or if it actually sells.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Mr.Misfit posted:

I really wanna start with either

- Hierophant Totem Divine Ire
or
- Death's Oath Occultist
or
- Blade Vortex Pathfinder

but I somehow think all of those will either fall through or I'll have to hop back onto the Seismic Trap Saboteur train because that was the only thing that worked well for me in .16.... =/

Death's Oath is not really a starter build, you can't equip the item until level 62 and then you have to find it/buy it and build up enough jewelers/chromes to fix the sockets. You'd have to do some other dot occultist build in the meantime.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you could just level as bane/EDC or the new fangled caustic arrow variant, no?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
yeah just level as bane/CA, you have all the same nodes anyway, the only difference is 1 click instead of 0 :v

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Aerox posted:

If you find yourself in this boat and the multi-ex craft is worth it for you, you can pretty quickly accrue vouches by "selling" inexpensive harvests like swapping socket colors or replacing one res with a second for only the vouch. People won't buy from a player with no vouches to speak of, but if you can get 5-6 vouches you can often then sell your good thing only slightly under market. If you can get to 20 that's best. You can also quickly build vouches with benchcrafting mods if you get a good one early, or with boss carries if you're able to.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I get the vouch thing, but the folks wanting large amounts of collateral frustrated me. Maybe the culture there's changed since I tried selling poo poo in Harvest.

I don't know if the people I was talking to were overpricing the item they were giving me or what but I sure as gently caress wasn't going to give them more in collateral than what the item they traded to me was worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
dont give anyone collateral on tft

in 3.15 there was a single guy who collateral scammed many thousands of ex

if you're going to buy/sell the expensive stuff on tft read their 'how not to get scammed' thing

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jan 29, 2022