Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i like maps. one of the presents i bought for my so some years ago was this map of canada from the 1690s. the ink was printed, then someone at the mapmaker’s went in by hand and painted the watercolours on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGkDwo5-xFw

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Midjack posted:

what's the story on this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoU39Rpp4FI

mystes
May 31, 2006

Amazing how this is basically completely it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/leonard_ritter/status/1487565253697277958

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

I'm no weldin' scientist but I thought stick welding called for more eye protection than just sunglasses.

This mech thing is pretty amazing though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrPcFiGEnoE

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

:swoon: :3:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

speaking of art on your walls: my friend Mike Dorsey has got prints of his paintings for sale and they are pretty amazing. you should check them out.

quoting from the tattoo thread

HEADS UP! Mike Dorsey has opened his print shop for one day only- he only does this a couple times a year iirc. I believe they are open for orders until noon tomorrow. Check it out! https://mikedorseytattoo.bigcartel.com/

yeah i grabbed a few the last time you shared this. i’ll post pics of my wall art later today

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

lol

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe

gently caress it would have been sick to see The Prodigy live…

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i feel like dwarves would be the ones to come up with bayesian statistics and build the right armor. this is like how a goblin or an orc would interpret the data.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Trashman posted:

gently caress it would have been sick to see The Prodigy live…

absolutely the best live show i've ever seen; rip keith

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

mediaphage posted:

i like maps. one of the presents i bought for my so some years ago was this map of canada from the 1690s. the ink was printed, then someone at the mapmaker’s went in by hand and painted the watercolours on

maps are great. the office is “travel the world” themed in wall decor and one wall is that huge ikea earth map. my favorite item though is this print, framed by my late father. I bought an identical one for him one Christmas and he just did 2x the framing/matting work.

I was born in Panama when he was stationed there the first time and we went back from 96-99 as the us was pulling out due to the treaty.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

the true content of the briefcase from Pulp Fiction

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

devmd01 posted:

maps are great. the office is “travel the world” themed in wall decor and one wall is that huge ikea earth map. my favorite item though is this print, framed by my late father. I bought an identical one for him one Christmas and he just did 2x the framing/matting work.

I was born in Panama when he was stationed there the first time and we went back from 96-99 as the us was pulling out due to the treaty.
that's a great Panama map

wall-wise, i've got some prints on the living room wall, including the poster from the final Hip tour and the classic version of the great British placenames map:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the correct way to interpret that data is to armor all the areas where no one returned with an injury, because a hit there is fatal

mystes
May 31, 2006

haveblue posted:

the correct way to interpret that data is to armor all the areas where no one returned with an injury, because a hit there is fatal
:thejoke:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

speaking of art on your walls: my friend Mike Dorsey has got prints of his paintings for sale and they are pretty amazing. you should check them out.

quoting from the tattoo thread

HEADS UP! Mike Dorsey has opened his print shop for one day only- he only does this a couple times a year iirc. I believe they are open for orders until noon tomorrow. Check it out! https://mikedorseytattoo.bigcartel.com/

Ah its a shame I didn't see this until now, almost everything is sold out - would have picked a print up for my partner, she would have really liked his work. Will have to keep an eye and see when he opens up again.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Ah shoot sorry about that. Follow his IG where he announces them. You’ll also see a lot of paintings he does that he doesn’t make prints from. @mikedorseytattoo

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

haveblue posted:

that's what my comment about bayesian statistics, and indeed the original tweet itself, is referring to

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

There's nothing Bayesian there.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
it's survivorship bias??

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
bay - bes

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
why are they?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i ain’t tappin that poo poo

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

isn’t it DMT

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

to get high op

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

5-meo-dmt which isn't exactly the same but yeah it's a hallucinogen

not that i've ever done it. but my nerdy rear end read pihkal and tihkal back in the day

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

were i a wealthy man, i'd be funding all kinds of wild-rear end drug research. serious designer poo poo.

loving toad venom, come now what are we, teenagers?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

infernal machines posted:

loving toad venom

gently caress computers, not toads friend

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
frogs are pretty great

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

in general, yeah.

they're funny too because they will try to eat anything that looks like it might fit in their mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

infernal machines posted:

in general, yeah.

they're funny too because they will try to eat anything that looks like it might fit in their mouth

not a bad strategy, really.