Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

That's quite the dent

:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That really is. He must have been moving.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

The bike being held up next to him is a bolide and the bus was apparently stationary so he must have gone into the back of it in full TT mode.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

The bike being held up next to him is a bolide and the bus was apparently stationary so he must have gone into the back of it in full TT mode.

When Brailsford said he wanted Bernal to emulate Froome I don't think he expected this.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

https://twitter.com/BenjiNaesen/status/1485686384732082179?t=-Dc-mw2BimYVKPXv8mUT9A&s=19

Man this really doesn't sound good.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, that's season ending at least. Let's hope it's just that

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Lot of people seeing the word 'stationary' and assuming that means 'parked' rather than 'pulled up in front of a guy doing 60kph' out there

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The story I read said the bus was reversing into a parking spot.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Adding just a few extra kph into the collision.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
It's really bad :(
https://twitter.com/nealrogers/status/1485814045848457217

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://twitter.com/ammattipyoraily/status/1485854903625039874?t=ZrFsdQbQPTu8HejydE6sEA&s=19

There's a translation in the replies. He fractured his t5 and t6 vertebrae and herniated a disc but they believe he still has neurological function. 72 hours to know more

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Fuuuck man, poor guy :(

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jfc this is awful.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well, his back problems just got worse.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's pretty amazing that he was conscious when they got him to the hospital. Broken vertebrae, smashed leg, collapsed lung, but not out cold. Helmet did some work.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Cancellara would have totaled the bus.

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

Withnail posted:

Cancellara would have totaled the bus.

Especially considering his bike had a motor in it. PAGING PHIL GAIMON.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
As much as I support american cyclists, one can only hope that phil gaimon is currenty checking receipts at a walmart somewhere.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/teamsdworx/status/1486708291149316097?t=m8MVoivVMuuugaTblwiE9Q&s=19

Not good news about Amy Pieters. Thought this would be the outcome when the initial press release talked about what sounded like a decompressive craniectomy

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That doesn't sound great.

Bernal is awake and has limb mobility apparently, talking about doing a Pantani.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Interesting viewpoint from Pidcock regarding the dangers of riding TT bikes on public roads.

https://www.velonews.com/news/time-trial-bikes-becoming-dangerous-to-train-on-says-tom-pidcock/

Personally I wouldn’t mind if UCI just banned TT bikes in road races. Having to use road bikes for TT would level the playing field for regular joes as well.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Another Ineos rider ended up in hospital in Colombia with broken bones. Rough training camp, that.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
2 days before bernal rode into the bus they all just missed a car wiping them out.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Maybe training in Colombia is a bad idea.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Smol posted:

Personally I wouldn’t mind if UCI just banned TT bikes in road races. Having to use road bikes for TT would level the playing field for regular joes as well.

I feel slightly better about doing a similar thing in a (very amateur) TT a few years ago. I generally get odd side glances from other riders when I tell them I crashed in a TT.

My slightly NMS skinsuit the ER returned to me for some reason.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You got a bit of a rash then?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/lancearmstrong/status/1487212000513970179?t=_vmVnoGgNmZi5iw1R5lceg&s=19

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
The worst thing he’s ever done.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Are Zoë :britain: is absolutely destroying the junior champs, she could surely have been competitive in the elite race.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Are Zoë :britain: is absolutely destroying the junior champs, she could surely have been competitive in the elite race.

:getin:

She's absolutely going to win Paris Roubaix one day

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Not often a rainbow jersey is decided after 3 minutes

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

At least one podium spot is non-Dutch

Also, here’s golf.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Watching the cyclocross worlds and the weather is dry and theres no mud. This new world bullshit needs to end.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

I've enjoyed the course :shrug:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

serious gaylord posted:

Watching the cyclocross worlds and the weather is dry and theres no mud. This new world bullshit needs to end.

They'll probably put it in another non cycling nation next year like Azerbaijan or Great Britain

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

They'll probably put it in another non cycling nation next year like Azerbaijan or Great Britain

Good news!

https://twitter.com/Cyclocrosss/status/1486716967599763477?s=20&t=tQ0N9TBh-5P9dKaVoMdjuA

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Pidcock has decided that none of the Belgians have it and he's just hosed off into the distance on lap 4.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Water wet, Belgians refusing to work together in a world champs

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's gunning it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
That gap is massive lol.