Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
I don't like that US copyright law prevents non-English Wikipedias from being able to show album covers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

On the other hand, non-fungible tasks tend to be highly serial in nature and require the completion of earlier steps before later steps can even be started. As an example of a serial task that is not fungible, suppose there was a group of nine newly pregnant women. After one month, these women would have experienced a total of nine months of pregnancy, but a complete baby would not have been formed.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Quincy Brooks IV (born October 24, 1977),[1] better known by his stage name San Quinn, is an American rapper from San Francisco, California. He is the cousin of Messy Marv, Stevie Johnson, and Ya Boy.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

goatse.cx (/ˈɡoʊtsi dɒt ˌsiː ˈɛks/ GOHT-see-dot-see-EKS, /ˈɡoʊtˌsɛks/; "goat sex")

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
The American engineer and supercomputer architect Seymour Cray is known to have been a hobby tunneller.[11] Cray built an 8 by 4 feet (2.4 by 1.2 m) cedar-floored tunnel under his house,[12] explaining that the digging helped him to think about computer designs. "While I'm digging in the tunnel, the elves will often come to me with solutions to my problem," he said.[13]

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

goblin week posted:

The American engineer and supercomputer architect Seymour Cray is known to have been a hobby tunneller.[11] Cray built an 8 by 4 feet (2.4 by 1.2 m) cedar-floored tunnel under his house,[12] explaining that the digging helped him to think about computer designs. "While I'm digging in the tunnel, the elves will often come to me with solutions to my problem," he said.[13]

seymour cray's machine elves

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
When other explosive techniques failed to give the desired effect, special effects supervisor Gary Zeller told the crew to roll cameras and get inside the trucks with doors and windows closed; he then laid down behind the dummy and shot it in the back of the head with a shotgun.[20]

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

FMguru posted:

When other explosive techniques failed to give the desired effect, special effects supervisor Gary Zeller told the crew to roll cameras and get inside the trucks with doors and windows closed; he then laid down behind the dummy and shot it in the back of the head with a shotgun.[20]
lol

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
bonus points if you knew exactly what scene in what movie that was referring to without looking it up

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

FMguru posted:

practical effects will live forever

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

FMguru posted:

bonus points if you knew exactly what scene in what movie that was referring to without looking it up
I'll admit I double checked, but it seemed pretty obvious.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I didn't make the connection, but i googled it and now it's super obvious lol yeah

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
Acoustic Kitty is a CIA project launched by the Central Intelligence Agency Directorate of Science & Technology, which in the 1960s intended to use cats to spy on the Kremlin and Soviet embassies. In an hour-long procedure a veterinary surgeon implanted a microphone in the cat's ear canal, a small radio transmitter at the base of its skull and a thin wire into its fur.[1]

This would allow the cat to innocuously record and transmit sound from its surroundings. Due to problems with distraction, the cat's sense of hunger had to be addressed in another operation.[2] Victor Marchetti, a former CIA officer, said Project Acoustic Kitty cost about $20 million.[3]

The first Acoustic Kitty mission was to eavesdrop on two men in a park outside the Soviet compound on Wisconsin Avenue in Washington, D.C. The cat was released nearby, but was hit and allegedly killed by a taxi almost immediately.[4]

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
acoustic kitty is a loving alltimer

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

z/Architecture, initially and briefly called ESA Modal Extensions (ESAME), is IBM's 64-bit complex instruction set computer (CISC) instruction set architecture, implemented by its mainframe computers. IBM introduced its first z/Architecture-based system, the z900, in late 2000.[1] Later z/Architecture systems include the IBM z800, z990, z890, System z9, System z10, zEnterprise 196, zEnterprise 114, zEC12, zBC12, z13, z14 and z15.

(:same:)

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Lutha Mahtin posted:

z/Architecture, initially and briefly called ESA Modal Extensions (ESAME), is IBM's 64-bit complex instruction set computer (CISC) instruction set architecture, implemented by its mainframe computers. IBM introduced its first z/Architecture-based system, the z900, in late 2000.[1] Later z/Architecture systems include the IBM z800, z990, z890, System z9, System z10, zEnterprise 196, zEnterprise 114, zEC12, zBC12, z13, z14 and z15.

(:same:)

thanks, z/Achary

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon%27s_penis

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Errant bats from the experimental bat bomb set fire to the Carlsbad Army Airfield Auxiliary Air Base in New Mexico.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

FMguru posted:

I guessed it was Dawn of the Dead, which had another head explosion. Gary Zeller supervised the effects on that too.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Yablans disliked the film as much as all the other films Cannon was delivering to MGM.[5]

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Former employees said It closed because of the uptight people of DC.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I guessed it was Dawn of the Dead, which had another head explosion. Gary Zeller supervised the effects on that too.

yep, I guessed dawn of the dead too. I’m ok with being wrong on this one

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Box contents
The box contents of the average VertiBird playset consisted of the following items:

Cardboard packing for the Vertibird. Holds the VertiBird and rotor Also has punchouts as noted below.
VertiBird with base and controls and helicopter mostly preassembled (except as noted in version list below).
Cardboard skill accessories. (cardboard punchout Landing Platform)
- Accessory bag with the following items.

VertiBird Instructions.
Label stickers for the VertiBird and accessories.
Two-bladed plastic rotor with safety rubber tips.
Skyhook.
Pickup accessories. (Astronaut, Space Capsule)
Plastic skill accessories. (Life raft)
Other versions of the VertiBird also included:

Molded forms for the base and controls that were set theme specific. (Rescue Ship, Polar Adventure)
Punch-out cardboard buildings that are playset theme specific. (Airborne Rescue)
Glow-in-the-dark luminous Label stickers for the Vertibird and accessories. (Night Patrol)
Play mats. (Paramedic Rescue)
Site accessories that are playset theme specific. (Polar Adventure, Battlestar Galactica)
Various other pickup items that were set theme specific.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

did a human body write this?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

In the list of "The worst movies of all time":

quote:

Another comedy film starring Adam Sandler,

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

quote:

It was one of the few films Ebert ever walked out on (two hours into its 170-minute running time), after describing himself as feeling "disgusted and unspeakably depressed".[159][160]

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
it's a really good review though

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Now the Scythians blind all their slaves, to use them in preparing their milk. The plan they follow is to thrust tubes made of bone, not unlike our musical pipes, up the vulva of the mare, and then to blow into the tubes with their mouths, some milking while the others blow. They say that they do this because when the veins of the animal are full of air, the udder is forced down. The milk thus obtained is poured into deep wooden casks, about which the blind slaves are placed, and then the milk is stirred round. That which rises to the top is drawn off, and considered the best part; the under portion is of less account.

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
A breast-shaped hill is a hill in the shape of a breast.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Citation needed

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

xkcd webcomic titled "Wikipedian Protester". The sign says: "[CITATION NEEDED]".[1]

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/depthsofwiki/status/1487920242575790085

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
https://wikipulse.com/wiki/Internet ???

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
[PERSON] was part owner of Lionel, LLC, a company that makes toy trains and model railroad accessories.[210] In 2008 Lionel emerged from bankruptcy and his shares of the company were wiped out. He was instrumental in the design of the Lionel Legacy control system for model trains,[210] and remains on the board of directors of Lionel.[2] He has been named as co-inventor on seven US patents related to model trains.[211]

can you guess who? hint: hes been in the news a lot over the last week or so

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

FMguru posted:

[PERSON] was part owner of Lionel, LLC, a company that makes toy trains and model railroad accessories.[210] In 2008 Lionel emerged from bankruptcy and his shares of the company were wiped out. He was instrumental in the design of the Lionel Legacy control system for model trains,[210] and remains on the board of directors of Lionel.[2] He has been named as co-inventor on seven US patents related to model trains.[211]

can you guess who? hint: hes been in the news a lot over the last week or so

i googled it neil young and that owns

notjf
Jan 23, 2006
In Texas in 1895, brownies told Arthur Stillwell to build a Kansas City, Pittsburg and Gulf Railroad terminal and the town of Port Arthur. Stillwell spoke to brownies since he was the age of four and always took their advice regarding anything from where to build to who he would marry. The brownies had warned him not to build his terminal in Galveston as it was going to be destroyed in a tidal wave.[61]

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
I like my pithy one liners but honestly all of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automobile_folklore qualifies

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

there's an article called List of pizza varieties by country. the argentina section starts out great, with a pair of amazing assertions by a very angry Galician-Argentine nerd

quote:

Argentina, and more specifically Buenos Aires, received a massive Italian migration. At the turn of the 19th century, immigrants from Naples and Genoa opened the first pizza bars, though Spanish-descended residents (particularly of Galician origin – famed for their influence on Latin American empanadas) previously owned many bakeries and subsequently developed most of the pizza businesses.