Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.

OldSenileGuy posted:

if you are lucky enough to live near “the good Costco” you have truly been blessed

I live near the "good" Costco, and love it. When I need to stop by another ones, I always feel like they are just a bit more lower quality. I've theorized you can tell the quality of the 'Co based upon how many expensive bottles of liquor are on display. I've tested this when traveling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
The good costco is whatever one still sell god drat salads

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Johnny Truant posted:

Snagged some of the cheese danishes, didn't realize it was two packs for the price and they're fuckin booooooomb

Both the cheese and the almond danishes are soooo good. The cheese ones have a lil bit of tanginess and the almond ones have a ton of that good good almond paste.

Neither is low cal, unfortunately.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Wedge salads suck. I'm paying you, you can at least cut the loving thing for me.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Wedge salads suck. I'm paying you, you can at least cut the loving thing for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9O94UTDAJQ

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

infraboy posted:

I have a decent Costco just 5 minutes away but I do drive about 30 minutes sometimes to a further Costco just because it has gasoline and they’re signifcantly cheaper for gas than anywhere else nearby making it worth it if i’m quite empty. They also carry the bottles of Ito En green tea and the Kirkland cold brew cans that my closer Costco used to carry so I load up at least 4 cases when I go.

You drive like an hour round trip for gas? How much cheaper is it?

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Imagine living in a state that let Costco sell liquor! Couldn't be me!

:smithicide:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

My one has like 5 figure bottles of cognac in glass cases along with $500 boxes of king crab legs. Bourgeoisie as gently caress.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

The correct opinion. Plus it's loving iceberg...

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

sexy tiger boobs posted:

The correct opinion. Plus it's loving iceberg...

Hardly even counts as a vegetable imo

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
^^^I count it as water by weight in my calorie app lol^^^

Renegret posted:

Probably uncultured animals who don't like anchovies in the dressing.

Which is basically everybody I know irl except me and my dad.

I love anchovies in it but I learned recently that's it's not actually the original recipe -- just Worcestershire.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

Barry posted:

You drive like an hour round trip for gas? How much cheaper is it?

about 50/c gal cheaper for premium than anywhere near me (California lols). Again I also need to be running low on green tea and cold brew cans so it's not like it's only for the gas. Still pretty worth it if i'm getting around 15-18 gallons.

admittedly I do have about 6-7 case of coldbrew and around 8 cases of Ito En green tea, gotta drink more!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

infraboy posted:

about 50/c gal cheaper for premium than anywhere near me (California lols). Again I also need to be running low on green tea and cold brew cans so it's not like it's only for the gas. Still pretty worth it if i'm getting around 15-18 gallons.

admittedly I do have about 6-7 case of coldbrew and around 8 cases of Ito En green tea, gotta drink more!

Yeah I've seen gas near freeway exits hover around $5, and the Costco gas is still like $4.25 or something crazy. If you make it an actual full grocery shopping trip it's still saving a lot of gas money.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

infraboy posted:

Where I live it can be anywhere up to 60c/L cheaper at Costco

We have a dumb "fuel cycle" where gas stations will slowly increase the price over 1-2 weeks, and then almost simultaneously drop it back to basically wholesale price. At the peak of the cycle right now it's about $2/L and around $1.50 at the bottom.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Soul Dentist posted:

^^^I count it as water by weight in my calorie app lol^^^

I love anchovies in it but I learned recently that's it's not actually the original recipe -- just Worcestershire.

Isn't Worcestershire made from anchovies though? Or was that just the original recipe from those dopes who left a bunch of fish to rot and got lucky? How far back does this anchovy erasure go?

dms666
Oct 17, 2005

It's Playoff Beard Time! Go Pens!
Tried the new (at least to my store) Kirkland Supreme Toppings Cauliflower Crust Pizza. It is probably one of the better GF pizzas I've had, and brings back fond memories of the food court supreme pizza.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The Milton's Meat Trio cauliflower pizza is pretty loving dope too, especially because I can eat half of it for less than 600 calories. Very surprised!

Yes Worcestershire still currently has anchovies in it anyways, but I like a Caesar with whole anchovies, anchovies in the dressing and Worcestershire all together, thus

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Speaking of which, the bagged ceasar salad at Costco has some kind of anchovy extract or something in it. Not whole fishies but you do get the taste. I forget the word used on the ingredient list, it says something like anchovy oil extract or something. Better than nothing I suppose.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

It is a Caesar salad so they put some garum in there.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Butter Cinnamon Sugar Loaves 3 Pack

I'm going to kill myself with these things

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Literally soaked in butter

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Renegret posted:

Speaking of which, the bagged ceasar salad at Costco has some kind of anchovy extract or something in it. Not whole fishies but you do get the taste. I forget the word used on the ingredient list, it says something like anchovy oil extract or something. Better than nothing I suppose.

They switched out taylor farms ceasar salad kit for another like 6 months ago to earthbound farms which is very inferior

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Bagged salad is a good way to get salmonella these days imo, and I'm not generally squeamish about food safety

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

KakerMix posted:

But what a way to go

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

KakerMix posted:

Make sure you order your casket off Costco.com first so you can get 2% back with an executive membership!

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

KakerMix posted:

I was literally too afraid to pick up a pack of these on my last Costco trip.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

Inspector 34 posted:

Isn't Worcestershire made from anchovies though? Or was that just the original recipe from those dopes who left a bunch of fish to rot and got lucky? How far back does this anchovy erasure go?

It still is made with Anchovies. my wife is vegetarian and we had to find a vegetarian-friendly option to use for some recipes specifically to get around that.

(Guinness as well used to use Isinglass or sturgeon bladder to clarify their beer, but I believe this stopped in the last few years)

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NYfFUrNFUk
the How Its Made has it featured prominently too

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

KakerMix posted:

I bought the 3 pack last week. I live alone.

First attempt upset my stomach, I think because I'm lactose intolerant and it's 80% butter. I've been taking a lactaid pill now and it's much better.

A few thick slices microwaved for 30 seconds and it's pretty drat good stuff.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I've organized the poo poo out of my cothes with the 4 pc felt storage bins

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

Literally soaked in butter

I want this to be my resting state of existence

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Johnny Truant posted:

I want this to be my resting state of existence

Wicked same

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

The Midniter posted:

I was literally too afraid to pick up a pack of these on my last Costco trip.

Looks like a whole loaf is only 4800 calories with 48 grams of protein and 204 grams of fat. So it's basically health food

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

How many loaves per day does the Frog Tech program recommend for optimum gains

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Soul Dentist posted:

Looks like a whole loaf is only 4800 calories with 48 grams of protein and 204 grams of fat. So it's basically health food

Wait that’s one loaf not all three?

Hashtag thisiswhyimfat

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Snapdragon Sapporo Style Miso Ramen is bland as gently caress two thumbs down I wish I had more thumbs so I could give it more thumbs down.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

bird with big dick posted:

Snapdragon Sapporo Style Miso Ramen is bland as gently caress two thumbs down I wish I had more thumbs so I could give it more thumbs down.

Thank you for saving my money

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I've had those but never seen them at costco, they are indeed quite good so I'll keep an eye out. They're no Shin Black IMO though.

Yeah they're quite bad. I think the worst out of what I've got on the shelf right now. The Snapdragon stuff (Laksa and Pho) are also both pretty bad.

Why do I keep buying this poo poo am I loving idiot.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I had a few of those. I dumped a fair amount of buldak sauce in them to kick it em up.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Yeah you gotta add all kinds of poo poo to make those taste good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I'm still mad about the RealGood chicken enchiladas. I threw away the box but have two thirds of the trays left. Think I can return it?