Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Bismuth posted:

I hope someone got screencaps of that tweet and the one where she said the thief's race/class should be considered

Considered slash invented for the hypothetical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Automatically assuming a thief is also a PoC, but nonracistly

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
haha yes I found some screens in the QRTs of the original, going to keep looking

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Doesn't this person nabbing poo poo off porches and running back to their car deserve some dignity, too? We're all struggling

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Inceltown posted:

They might be an AusTrans though and there ain't a lot of curling here on account of the fact that the government won't let you have ice.

it sucks. canada has curling rinks like australia has bowls clubs.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Mx. posted:

it sucks. canada has curling rinks like australia has bowls clubs.

And you're not going to magically be granted bowls skills, because bowls skills are already automatically granted to all white people above age forty, meaning its magical allocations are already accounted for.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
is curling not just ice bowls? I don't know. We have two good ice rinks in Brisbane but they are primarily reserved for doing sick laps to "fuel" by Metallica and kids ice hockey

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Bismuth posted:

I hope someone got screencaps of that tweet and the one where she said the thief's race/class should be considered

That's a fair point. Frankly, it would be strange if a changeling rogue wasn't stealing random things, and we shouldn't hold it against them

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Inceltown posted:

They might be an AusTrans though and there ain't a lot of curling here on account of the fact that the government won't let you have ice.
Come to the US*, we have plenty of ICE

*don't actually do this, lmao

Bismuth posted:

Halfling Rogue was pretty good last I checked.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Gnome Warlock pledged to some kind of fey is a fun choice

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

is curling not just ice bowls?

Curling is the perfection of creation. The beauty of physics, you know, the wonder of mathematics. The elation of action and reaction, and that is the kind of perfection that I want to be connected to.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
This is going to sound extremely dumb, but people who constantly get robbed of their packages, is there a reason you don't opt-in for a P.O. box, use amazon locker, or to get it held at the post office? I use a P.O. Box for everything because I don't like being robbed, and I always wonder why other people don't do that. Is this not an option in some states?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Boba Pearl posted:

This is going to sound extremely dumb, but people who constantly get robbed of their packages, is there a reason you don't opt-in for a P.O. box, use amazon locker, or to get it held at the post office? I use a P.O. Box for everything because I don't like being robbed, and I always wonder why other people don't do that. Is this not an option in some states?

I cant drive and the nearest post office is several miles away

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Special and General Relativity both share the word Relativity with Moral Relativity , that makes them the same. qed liberals and your claptraps. Also the number i doesnt exists.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Brawnfire posted:

Doesn't this person nabbing poo poo off porches and running back to their car deserve some dignity, too? We're all struggling
We're in the middle of a pandemic and everyone is struggling. That's why the person being stolen from deserves no consideration, and, I assume, the packages were completely inconsequential.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

the correct opinion is the one that allows you to browbeat all the less enlightened plebians, duh

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Vib Rib posted:

We're in the middle of a pandemic and everyone is struggling. That's why the person being stolen from deserves no consideration, and, I assume, the packages were completely inconsequential.

What isn’t immediately obvious is that Eve is actually a Walmart

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Heema is being ridiculous, but also if I stole a package and it had a zine scolding me inside of it, I would just be determined to go full Count of Monte Cristo on that person and devote my life to robbing them of all they held dear.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Andrew Sullivan is such a terrible person..

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
attaching thing you don't like to anti-semitism is a trick that keeps working and the only defense is if there is a large, vibrant and young population of actual jewish people to counter it

In the UK where the Jewish community is relatively small it was used to wreck Labour and British politics in general and it's doubtful it can ever actually recover as if anyone threatens any of the institutions they'll just smear them with the same accusations again and again

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/fozmeadows/status/1488674526896349184

Aaaaaaaaaa

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

remembering when they tried to paint bernie sanders as anti-semitic

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Inceltown posted:

Weird - everything I read says we have too much.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

substitute teaching out of the tattoo book

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/RPoochyena/status/1488696865725960199

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
is this really a thing?
https://twitter.com/RevyGachaHell/status/1488695126889099265

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

It depends on the teacher. I've seen Silas transliterated as 西拉 in the bible.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Sure this sucks, but has there ever been more disgustingly bougie, narcissistic chain of reasoning than "somebody did X so I made a loving zine about it and posted to the world about it, also I'm selling the zine"

Is probably made up to drum up sOcIaL mEdIa exposure anyway, all the hallmarks are there, just all around cancer from all angles.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

Sure this sucks, but has there ever been more disgustingly bougie, narcissistic chain of reasoning than "somebody did X so I made a loving zine about it and posted to the world about it, also I'm selling the zine"

Is probably made up to drum up sOcIaL mEdIa exposure anyway, all the hallmarks are there, just all around cancer from all angles.
Uh, no, there have been plenty more disgustingly bougie and narcissistic chains of reasoning than making a zine and posting about it. It seems like maybe a little twee I guess but c'mon.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

It's probably a thing if little Silas takes a Chinese language class. They do it in the highschool language (french/spanish) classes where i am, picking a new "native" name to go by in class. I guess it helps the kids get into the flow of the right pronunciation and stuff instead of having to code-switch between speaking the language they're trying to learn and then going back to english to say their name with a totally different set of sounds.

But if he actually went on a trip to China I don't think people would be insisting he choose a new name to give at the front desk of the hotel.

Then again there are some Chinese foreign exchange students at my college who absolutely do that the other way round -- going by an "English name" that doesn't really have any relation to their Chinese given name.

RPATDO_LAMD has a new favorite as of 08:51 on Feb 2, 2022

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Name him 手拉手

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

My son is also named 博爾特

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Serperoth posted:

My son is also named 博爾特

Really disappointed this didn't spell BORT, per the kid's school cipher.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Coolness Averted posted:

Really disappointed this didn't spell BORT, per the kid's school cipher.

I didn't go through the effort of putting "bort" into Google Translate to get a phonetic transcription into Chinese (Traditional) just to use the cipher :colbert:

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Serperoth posted:

My son is also named 博爾特

His new name is Klarm

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Sort of? If you take a Chinese class the teacher might give you a name that actually means something but like any official stuff I had where they translated my name into Chinese they just used the closest phonetic equivalents without much regard for whether I'd picked out a super special name.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Serperoth posted:

I didn't go through the effort of putting "bort" into Google Translate to get a phonetic transcription into Chinese (Traditional) just to use the cipher :colbert:

If only this sugar was half as sweet as you

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Yeah, when I took High School Latin I went by Nullnomenus lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

And the competitors don't even train/bring their own horses! They get them randomly assigned by the ioc.
There was some scandal in the pentathlon event with people beating their assigned horses for not behaving/obeying.

Only the modern pentathlon uses "unknown" horses. In all other events, the horse and rider have trained for a while before competing.

The unknown horse thing has always been a sticking point in the pentathlon. I remember reading that several people (coaches & athletes) complained a whole bunch about the "wild" horses that China supplied for Beijing in 2008. I think several riders got thrown during the men's event?And Tokyo was much worse, the favorite for the women's event ended up with a horse that wouldn't do anything. So there's a bunch of pictures of her just openly weeping cause the horse cost her everything. Also, her coach was ejected for punching the horse in the face.

For what it's worth, show jumping is set to be removed from the event altogether. Which, good, it was always the most bizarre thing to have in one of the more bizarre events at the Olympics.