Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Given how many he took, Vince McMahon sold some stunners really badly

(not as bad as Linda's though holy poo poo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/GrappleKlips/status/1462835383205564417

:stonk:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The first time you saw a match between two dead men

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2021/11/24/wwe-seth-rollins-tackled-mh-orig.cnn

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Nothing trips me up more than seeing early Vince McMahon.

Like this New Years segment from David Letterman in 1985 where McMahon is corresponding from the hospital to try to interview the first new year's baby: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1t7FWou_Dw
As with the Obama joke about Trump at the press dinner, you can see the moment Vince's heart breaks on-camera. I feel like this is the exact moment Vince said gently caress it I'll make my own circus.

He's a really funny straight-man actually lol.

Bob Costas on the other hand continues to be insanely professional and funny. That guy is a treasure.

GolfHole fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Nov 24, 2021

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Youtube recommended a video of that to me and I didn't click it thinking "wonder what kind of new guy they're introducing with the old audience plant gag" :v:

But I did subsequently learn that Seth Rollins' real name is Colby Lopez and that feels so much more like a WWE ring name

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

GolfHole posted:

Nothing trips me up more than seeing early Vince McMahon.

Like this New Years segment from David Letterman in 1985 where McMahon is corresponding from the hospital to try to interview the first new year's baby: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1t7FWou_Dw
As with the Obama joke about Trump at the press dinner, you can see the moment Vince's heart breaks on-camera. I feel like this is the exact moment Vince said gently caress it I'll make my own circus.

He's a really funny straight-man actually lol.

Bob Costas on the other hand continues to be insanely professional and funny. That guy is a treasure.

In case you don't want to watch the whole thing, this is the moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1t7FWou_Dw&t=2245s

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/phosphor_glow/status/1464460014391803910

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

More coherent than the real Hogan's been in years

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

AIDungeon posted:

"Let me tell you something, Mean Gene," Hulk Hogan said, staring intently into the camera and flexing his 24 inch pythons. "I tried to like you, but I just can't do it. I'm a professional athlete and you're a hack wrestling announcer and more importantly, you're the guy that's always loving with the Horsemen. So, tonight, you're getting your rear end beat down by yours truly."
"Hulk Hogan, you have a reputa-" Mean Gene starts to say, before he gets interrupted by none other than the almighty leg drop by ol' Hulkster himself!
"You're going to pay for that!" Mean Gene screams as two masked men in leather jackets grab him and drag him out of the ring by his feet, although not before Mean Gene gives a quick boot to the face of Hulkster.
"Well folks, it looks like we're going to have a change in announcers tonight," Jesse "The Body" Ventura says, as the camera cuts to him. "Hey King, how are you doing?"
The camera cuts to Bobby "The Brain" Heenan sitting next to Jesse Ventura, who is looking at him with a mixture of disbelief and contempt.
"I'm fine, Jesse," Bobby Heenan says in his signature sniveling voice.
"Man, I never thought I'd say this, but I'm glad you're working with us tonight," Jesse says. "And I'm really glad you have a cool nickname."

I only wrote the first sentence of this. AI generation is getting really good.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

bagmonkey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzJbH8-xIHs

It's really fun remembering how much Stone Cold just loving wrecked everyone during the Attitude era

Man, Shane McMahon sold the stunner pretty good too

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

MakaVillian posted:

Man, Shane McMahon sold the stunner pretty good too

I think he's my favorite non-wrestler sell. He always put something into it and was willing to maybe tweak his back to make it look like Stone Cold straight murdered his rear end

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

I'ma necro this thread in homage to The Undertaker

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

jiggerypokery posted:

I'ma necro this thread in homage to The Undertaker

Good cuz AEW has had some good poo poo lately

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

bagmonkey posted:

Good cuz AEW has had some good poo poo lately

Those 2 Hangman-Danielson matches were astounding

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

MakaVillian posted:

Those 2 Hangman-Danielson matches were astounding

I saw the first one live and dragged my brother to it and now he's started watching every week too. Would not have even heard of AEW if I hadn't randomly clicked on this thread and then later been bored enough to check out the matches someone(iirc Rarity?) linked in here

Thank you thread

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
It's Wednesday night, and you know what that means!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

It's Wednesday night, and you know what that means!

Service at 5:30 then Bible Study from 6:30-7 and Fellowship (drinks and light snacks provided) until 7:30.

At least that's what it should mean you filthy heathens, watching your sweaty, oily, tattooed men fight.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

I saw the first one live and dragged my brother to it and now he's started watching every week too. Would not have even heard of AEW if I hadn't randomly clicked on this thread and then later been bored enough to check out the matches someone(iirc Rarity?) linked in here

Thank you thread

Happy to be of service :tipshat:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANXV-11UsW8&t=32s

bully ray: do you know who this is?

fan: kevin nash! 😋

bully ray: this... is my attorney.

fan: kevin naaash!! 😟

bully ray: [hands the mic to "kevin nash"]

fan: big sexy!!! 😫

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Cubone posted:

bully ray: do you know who this is?

fan: kevin nash! 😋

bully ray: this... is my attorney.

fan: kevin naaash!! 😟

bully ray: [hands the mic to "kevin nash"]

fan: big sexy!!! 😫
lmao

1:02 and the two after 4:02 are also great

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Cody Rhodes

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

jiggerypokery posted:

The Chudertaker

Got em

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Man on the dark side of the ring B Brian Blair saying "Herb Abrams left this world doing what he loved; cocaine and hookers" with complete solemn sincerity had me cackling.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

So one pointless wrestling thing going on right now that I love is the Royal Rumblethon. newLEGACYinc is all about playing and simming wrestling games and every two years they used to do a charity stream that's nothing but simmed Royal Rumble matches. While they still do charity streams, they've made the Rumblethon its own thing.

The idea, for this year at least, is that every day of the month they post a simmed Royal Rumble from a different wrestling game with their own commentary. Everything from the WWE 2K games to WWF Royal Rumble for SNES to WCW Thunder for PS1. On the 31st day, they do THE ROYALEST RUMBLE, where all 30 winners are put in one Rumble match. They did something similar (and just as fun) last year with the Kingiest of the Ringiest.

So far 25 matches have happened. The entries in the Royalest Rumble as of now are:

Eddie Guerrero
The Brian Kendrick
Spike Dudley
Kamala
Viscera
Edge
Sean O'Haire
Shawn Michaels
Bobby Southside (off-brand Terry Funk)
Kurt Angle
Jinder Mahal
Hugh Jazz (off-brand Big Show)
Rhino
John Cena
Kofi Kingston
Tomohiro Ishii
Bubba Ray Dudley
Jim Ross
Jack Swagger
Mr. Perfect
Dean Malenko
The Grand Wizard
Chavo Guerrero
Matt Cardona
Randy Orton

If you do find yourself watching these, skip the ones for WWE 2K20 and Legends of Wrestling II. Those go on for way too long.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Gavok posted:

So one pointless wrestling thing going on right now that I love is the Royal Rumblethon. newLEGACYinc is all about playing and simming wrestling games and every two years they used to do a charity stream that's nothing but simmed Royal Rumble matches. While they still do charity streams, they've made the Rumblethon its own thing.

The idea, for this year at least, is that every day of the month they post a simmed Royal Rumble from a different wrestling game with their own commentary. Everything from the WWE 2K games to WWF Royal Rumble for SNES to WCW Thunder for PS1. On the 31st day, they do THE ROYALEST RUMBLE, where all 30 winners are put in one Rumble match. They did something similar (and just as fun) last year with the Kingiest of the Ringiest.

Okay this is pretty sweet.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

So far 25 matches have happened. The entries in the Royalest Rumble as of now are:

Holy gently caress this rules dude! Thank you!!!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone enjoyed wrestling lately

I wish AEW would have less screwy matches

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Gavok posted:

Eddie Guerrero
The Brian Kendrick
Spike Dudley
Kamala
Viscera
Edge
Sean O'Haire
Shawn Michaels
Bobby Southside (off-brand Terry Funk)
Kurt Angle
Jinder Mahal
Hugh Jazz (off-brand Big Show)
Rhino
John Cena
Kofi Kingston
Tomohiro Ishii
Bubba Ray Dudley
Jim Ross
Jack Swagger
Mr. Perfect
Dean Malenko
The Grand Wizard
Chavo Guerrero
Matt Cardona
Randy Orton

If you do find yourself watching these, skip the ones for WWE 2K20 and Legends of Wrestling II. Those go on for way too long.

Do they do No Mercy aka the best game

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

verbal enema posted:

Do they do No Mercy aka the best game

They did it for day 30.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Gavok posted:

They did it for day 30.

Who won

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Albert. As it should be.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bagmonkey posted:

Has anyone enjoyed wrestling lately

That Cody/Sammy ladder match slapped all kinds of poo poo

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

That Cody/Sammy ladder match slapped all kinds of poo poo

That match was really loving good, I enjoyed it. I really really enjoyed

The House of Black vs Death Triangle match was also loving good until THE GOD drat SCREWY FINISH!!!! I swear that AEW ramps that stuff up over time because I remember getting frustrated with this exact poo poo a year and a half ago. I really just want to watch people wrestle awesome matches!!!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I remember as a kid Lord Alfred Hayes' accent when doing commentary totally convinced me of the authenticity for probably an extra 2-3 years.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Due to a series of unfortunate events I wound up watching a WWE show a couple of weeks ago. The ratio of talking to wrestling was approximately the same as the movie My Dinner With Andre.

My friends want me to watch an AEW show because apparently it is the total opposite of that, but idk.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

AEW is just as cheesy as WWE, except less scripted and homogenous bland corporate bullshit and actually focuses on the wrestling. They talk just as much as WWE.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Well gently caress

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Due to a series of unfortunate events I wound up watching a WWE show a couple of weeks ago. The ratio of talking to wrestling was approximately the same as the movie My Dinner With Andre.

My friends want me to watch an AEW show because apparently it is the total opposite of that, but idk.

You should watch AEW, fren. I assure you it's good and I would never lead you astray :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

AEW just signed a guy whose gimmick is "Pee Wee Herman as the Devil," so they know what they're doing.