Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

sebmojo posted:

southland tales johnson is best johnson

I need to give that a watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
The Rock clearly doesn't care about being an actor, only starring in movies and building the Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Brand.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Polaron posted:

He was apparently broke when his agent called him to let him know he'd gotten the Drax role and is determined never to be in that situation again.
He must be super poo poo at saving money, then, 'cause a main-event run in WWE pays pretty well.

Not nearly as much as it should, but they guy was a multi-millionaire.

Human Tornada posted:

The Rock clearly doesn't care about being an actor, only starring in movies and building the Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Brand.
He's gonna' be the Republican nominee for president at some point.

And he's almost certainly going to win.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

LividLiquid posted:

He must be super poo poo at saving money, then, 'cause a main-event run in WWE pays pretty well.

Not nearly as much as it should, but they guy was a multi-millionaire.

The career that gets you to that main event run often doesn’t “pay pretty well” though. And paying debts has a way of making windfalls disappear.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

LividLiquid posted:

He's gonna' be the Republican nominee for president at some point.

And he's almost certainly going to win.

Don't want to turn this into D&D but have you seen the GOP lately? They're not voting for a moderate "Hollywood conservative" type in our lifetimes. It's gonna be race hate populism all the way down.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I’ve joked with friends for years that any adaptation of My Hero Academia would gently caress up from the word go by casting the Rock as All Might, the classically Superman-meets-captain-america boyscout hero mentor, when he’d do a far better job as Endeavor, but he’d never go for it because Endeavor (who is a child-abusing, wife-beating shitheel) would be too much of a risk to His Brand.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’ve only seen a few episodes but richard brake should play the non buff all might. Buff should just be a comically large cgi version of him

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

It should be bautista in both modes doing the full Christopher Reeves posture and bad tailoring trick, imo. Also: imagine dave with the hair

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I still want Richard brake because I think that dude rules

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Knives Out 2 is coming this year. While there's still time for a trailer, I think it's time to start guessing based on absolutely no information, as to which actor is going to end up dead, and which actor is going to play a murderer.

Reminder this is the non Benoit Blanc cast for the film:

Dave Bautista
Edward Norton
Janelle Monáe
Kathryn Hahn
Leslie Odom Jr.
Kate Hudson
Madelyn Cline
Jessica Henwick
Ethan Hawke

My money is on dead Norton, by hand of Hawke.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I'm thinking this one is going to be a conspiracy of multiple people, I'll just take a shot and say it'll be all the women killing one of the men. Norton's a good guess as to who ends up dead, he probably plays a misogynist shithead.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Dave Bautista dead by accidental suicide.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Hawke by Norton

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

stev posted:

Dave Bautista dead by accidental suicide.

Dave Bautista will survive by standing very very still.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Darth TNT posted:

Dave Bautista will survive by standing very very still.

Bautista’s dead body starts slowly eating a chip in the background while Blanc is inspecting the crime scene

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

It's going to be super interesting finding out which elements of Knives Out are going to become hallmarks of the series and which were unique to that flick.

I can't wait to find out. :allears:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
<presses piano key>

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

LividLiquid posted:

It's going to be super interesting finding out which elements of Knives Out are going to become hallmarks of the series and which were unique to that flick.

I can't wait to find out. :allears:

I can't decide whether I want Daniel Craig to keep the broad Foghorn Leghorn accent or replace it with something completely off the wall and different.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Give him a Québécois accent

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Daniel Craig is completely unconvincing as an American and his ridiculous accent was the worst part of Knives Out.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Human Tornada posted:

Daniel Craig is completely unconvincing as an American and his ridiculous accent was the worst part of Knives Out.

what the gently caress is this poo poo

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Human Tornada posted:

Got drat what the gently caress

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Human Tornada posted:

:frogout:

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Boy I've read some miserably bad takes in CineD but that might take the crown

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Human Tornada posted:

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Human Tornada posted:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Human Tornada posted:

You making this post is the worst part of Knives Out.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Human Tornada posted:

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Human Tornada posted:

Biiiitch are you for real?

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Human Tornada posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9O94UTDAJQ

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I can’t forget the thing Rian Johnson said about having Craig using different accents in every movie and never explaining it and I love that idea so much.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

BigglesSWE posted:

I can’t forget the thing Rian Johnson said about having Craig using different accents in every movie and never explaining it and I love that idea so much.

Did Johnson actually say that or where that something we came up with and thought would be amazing?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
First 4 seconds of footage! (Right at the end)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTI6T5M8Fj0

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Lumbermouth posted:

Biiiitch are you for real?

OK well at least this one was pretty good.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Is Knives Out 2 straight to Netflix?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It’s a Netflix funded film (they bought the rights to two KO movies) although it may get some distribution too, due to it being the sequel to a huge critically acclaimed money spinner.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Hm, Edit, nvm.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Feb 5, 2022

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Everyone posted:

Did Johnson actually say that or where that something we came up with and thought would be amazing?

Almost positive I saw him say that on his Twitter a few years back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1489253948133314562