Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

IncredibleIgloo posted:

That is a wildly specific and weird red text. Did you have the avatar before the text? Or did they come as a matched pair?
lmao those absolutely came as a set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Scratch Monkey posted:

https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/status/1489654957057974274

Kevin not the idiot. Walker deleted the tweet in question

Finally a breakfast even Ben Shapiro can enjoy.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
What the gently caress kind of egg is that

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think it's the kind of scrambled egg they do at mcdonalds.

I can picture the texture, it's like egg foam, not unpleasant but I don't know how they make it.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

"Plain omelet" would be my guess?

That or just a super buttery over medium plated upside down

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
He's right I wouldn't be able to handle that being served to me unless it's in between some English muffins

FFT posted:

"Plain omelet" would be my guess?

That or just a super buttery over medium plated upside down

God I hope not, imagine having no veggies or cheese or meat or spices holy moly

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

He's right I wouldn't be able to handle that being served to me unless it's in between some English muffins

Well, you wouldn't want it looking too... ethnic now would you?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

OwlFancier posted:

I think it's the kind of scrambled egg they do at mcdonalds.

I can picture the texture, it's like egg foam, not unpleasant but I don't know how they make it.

They may have changed it in the last decade, but it was liquid egg poured in the grill inside a metal ring.

Then you take this little tool and move it back and forth until the egg is cooked

Now the folded eggs, those come frozen in a pack and are of questionable texture

The round eggs though are actual eggs cracked into a round ring. I once cracked open a bloody egg. Still the only time in my life I've ever done that

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

DACK FAYDEN posted:

okay but like why are there so many train emojis

:eng101: The original set of emojis (of which all the trains are from) were all by Japanese telecoms. They really like to represent a specific type of train in emoji would be my guess.

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

imagine not knowing words like smothered or covered or capped or chunked or diced or topped or "with gravy also please" or "yes both the chili and the gravy thank you"

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

To amplify on what Starlizard is saying, Waffle House is famous for having hash browns 1,572,864 ways. If your Waffle House hashbrowns are plain, it's because you (A) like plain hashbrowns or (B) make bad life choices.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

To amplify on what Starlizard is saying, Waffle House is famous for having hash browns 1,572,864 ways. If your Waffle House hashbrowns are plain, it's because you (A) like plain hashbrowns or (B) make bad life choices.

And.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
As the great warrior poet Jimmy Pop once said, "I want you smothered, want you covered, like my Waffle House hash browns."

sexpig by night posted:

I try not to fight regional food fights but I'll never understand why outside of the south it's so hard to get pepper vinegar hot sauce, it's a tasty condiment and a delicious snack! You chumps are missing out!

:yeah:

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Stalizard posted:

imagine not knowing words like smothered or covered or capped or chunked or diced or topped or "with gravy also please" or "yes both the chili and the gravy thank you"
no scattered?
:cmon:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

PirateDentist posted:

:eng101: The original set of emojis (of which all the trains are from) were all by Japanese telecoms. They really like to represent a specific type of train in emoji would be my guess.
That actually makes sense. Trains are much more of a thing in Japan. Thanks!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Legit, you don't just hop on a 🚅 then settle for a 🚋, it's sacrilegious

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Scratch Monkey posted:

https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/status/1489654957057974274

Kevin not the idiot. Walker deleted the tweet in question

The only time you should ask for dry white toast is when your buddy orders four whole fried chickens and a Coke.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Plain hashbrowns should be renamed, "Sad Bastards", like put some cheese or something on them holy gently caress.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

DreadUnknown posted:

Plain hashbrowns should be renamed, "Sad Bastards", like put some cheese or something on them holy gently caress.

"Yeah, I'll take two orders of Goons, please. You know what, make 'em QCS goons."

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Read After Burning posted:

As the great warrior poet Jimmy Pop once said, "I want you smothered, want you covered, like my Waffle House hash browns."
I have never, until this moment, known what that line was/meant.

The "Siskel and Ebert" line was equally opaque to originally, but I learned its meaning some years ago now.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

BEHOLD

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Arsenic Lupin posted:

quote:

“I have seen people have a triple order of hash browns covered with everything you can imagine for breakfast,” Jim Hosseini, executive vice president and former Waffle House manager, told Garden and Gun. “And it’s not like I’ve seen it one time. I see it almost every weekend. I tell myself, ‘They’ll never finish that.’ And then they do.”

lol how do you work your way up to VP of Waffle House and have any remaining faith in the dignity of your customers

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

FFT posted:

lmao those absolutely came as a set

Yep. I’m infamous in Trad Games for being a Forgotten Realms fan so I figured that’s where it came from first but idk.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

quote:

The restaurant chain actually claims there are 1,572,864 possible hash brown combos, which isn’t totally a lie. The number considers Waffle House’s four hash brown preparation methods (plain with oil, seared well, steamed with ice or cooked dry), three sizes and 18 additional ingredients (think ketchup, jalapeños, etc.). But if you only consider the three sizes and eight “scattered” hash brown styles above, you might conclude there are actually 768 different combinations available.
That's, uh, 7.68^1016 by my calculation

(18! * 3 * 4) + (1 * 3 * 4)

maybe i added a step

/e doing it factorial might account for how the ingredients are ordered rather than which are in, so mushrooms + ham and ham + mushrooms would both be counted seperately

BUT

the order in which the ingredients are piled on is a factor so I'm gonna stick with it.

stringless has a new favorite as of 04:48 on Feb 5, 2022

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/GGarrett2000/status/1489672029053673476

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

^

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I see three idiots in one Tweet

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Lazy_Liberal posted:

just remembered that my only real probe came from this thread like nine years ago for calling a racist photoshop phriday joke racist. classic

Push El Burrito posted:

Mine was for talking about a Ted Cruz sex tape. It was deserved.

I have one probe for mod sass. It was absolutely justified and hilarious.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

FFT posted:

That's, uh, 7.68^1016 by my calculation

(18! * 3 * 4) + (1 * 3 * 4)

maybe i added a step

/e doing it factorial might account for how the ingredients are ordered rather than which are in, so mushrooms + ham and ham + mushrooms would both be counted seperately

BUT

the order in which the ingredients are piled on is a factor so I'm gonna stick with it.

18! is the number of orders that you can put all 18 ingredients on, but it doesn't allow for the possibility that you might only want 17 or even fewer. If you don't consider order, then there are in total 2^20 possible ways to order your hash browns, which is the number given above.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

we got a nerd alert in this thread

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I see three idiots in one Tweet

wow I've never seen a unique triple like this before.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

FFT posted:

BEHOLD

I’m sure the menu I saw the one time I went there had a name for ordering everything, because that’s what I did with zero regrets.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

FFT posted:

BEHOLD

Country hash browns sound divine

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Lazy_Liberal posted:

i'm hoping to find a reason to post in this thread so i might end up with some.

Me too but I don't even have an avatar after all these years. Hell I didn't even get my first probe till 2020 when it was discovered that i had never been probed in my 12 years of posting.

Elblanco has a new favorite as of 06:17 on Feb 5, 2022

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

ultrafilter posted:

18! is the number of orders that you can put all 18 ingredients on, but it doesn't allow for the possibility that you might only want 17 or even fewer. If you don't consider order, then there are in total 2^20 possible ways to order your hash browns, which is the number given above.
2^20 is about a million, this is 50% larger than that.

The number they give is a perfect match for 3 sizes, 4 preps, and 17 ingredient options.

So which ingredient was added later?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

joylessdivision posted:

I have one probe for mod sass. It was absolutely justified and hilarious.

I’ve never been probed, just treat people with respect its not hard

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Regarde Aduck posted:

teacher's pet

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Regarde Aduck posted:

Go look at my probe reason and what I got probed for. It was 100% a joke and worth it

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Country hash browns sound divine
Correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

sexpig by night posted:

I try not to fight regional food fights but I'll never understand why outside of the south it's so hard to get pepper vinegar hot sauce, it's a tasty condiment and a delicious snack! You chumps are missing out!

Regional foods are really weird. When I went on a road trip to Texas and New Mexico I somehow wound up at greasy spoons and hole in the wall Mexican places where in some cases the staff didn't even speak English, but still I could only get pace picante and tabasco, and no place had corn tortillas. In Texas I even stopped in at a grocery store that had mini flour tortillas.
I know that's not the entirety of the state, but I was surprised to find Mexican on par with what I'd had in Maryland.