Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

is there a specific, US-available brand of hempseed oil any of yall can recommend? im hesitant to just grab one cause it seems theres a lot of overlap here with homeopathic bullshit and i dont wanna think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

nope

mystes
May 31, 2006

Are you one of those people who replies to questions on amazon to say you don't know the answer?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

mystes posted:

Are you one of those people who replies to questions on amazon to say you don't know the answer?

are you talking to me?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Achmed Jones posted:

is there a specific, US-available brand of hempseed oil any of yall can recommend? im hesitant to just grab one cause it seems theres a lot of overlap here with homeopathic bullshit and i dont wanna think

internal or external?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Vintersorg posted:

that's LA for you though

fake rear end poo poo
Sure, if you ignore like 95% of the city 🤷🏻‍♀️

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Achmed Jones posted:

if you're taking it for cbd purposes which a lot of hempseed oil users do, there's probably plenty of sources next to you out there that i'd trust more than finding something on amazon or whatever

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Binary Badger posted:

internal or external?

external :)

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

mediaphage posted:

if you're taking it for cbd purposes which a lot of hempseed oil users do, there's probably plenty of sources next to you out there that i'd trust more than finding something on amazon or whatever

tbh i dont _think_ im talking about for cbd purposes, im just going off of what people itt have said about arthritis. they didnt mention cbd, but it might be that there's an implication that went over my head

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Achmed Jones posted:

tbh i dont _think_ im talking about for cbd purposes, im just going off of what people itt have said about arthritis. they didnt mention cbd, but it might be that there's an implication that went over my head

i'm not that up on the biochemistry of hemp but presumably the reason it's useful at all is a spectrum of cannabinoids. either way for something like that your local hippie store is imo the best bet, especially if it's a popular enough shop that it has high turnover

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

mediaphage posted:

i'm not that up on the biochemistry of hemp but presumably the reason it's useful at all is a spectrum of cannabinoids. either way for something like that your local hippie store is imo the best bet, especially if it's a popular enough shop that it has high turnover

Yeah. i've vaped 99.5% lab assayed THCA and it's basically the crack of weed. You get a big buzz for like 10 minutes and it goes away. The magic of weed is that it's a bunch of still somewhat poorly understood interactions between THC and the things it transforms into as well as all the terpenes.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

pure hempseed oil has no real amount of cbd or other cannabinoids. they sell it at health food stores here in Sweden where weed i still super illegal.

it’s got good fats and stuff, though.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mediaphage posted:

no it’s not cannabinoids it’s the profile of polyunsaturated fats of which some are substrates for inflammatory processes in our bodies and you can shunt the body toward less inflammatory states (toward less pain) with supplementation

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

echinopsis posted:

no it’s not cannabinoids it’s the profile of polyunsaturated fats of which some are substrates for inflammatory processes in our bodies and you can shunt the body toward less inflammatory states (toward less pain) with supplementation

oh great, actual actually doing things, that's awesome. i know a woman who swears by it, too

maybe i'll make up some hempseed lotion for the oldtimers in the 'pos

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

have u ever tried arthritis… on weed?

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
smoke weed every day

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

did the US legalise yet? need that to happen before any other country considers it

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

cowboy beepboop posted:

did the US legalise yet? need that to happen before any other country considers it
Not on the federal level because Obama was a chickenshit and the only thing that still gets Biden hard is the carcereal state

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
he could do it with the stroke of a pen

matti
Mar 31, 2019

broke my wrist and thight by listening to hardcore punk records on my couch

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

he could do it with the stroke of a pen
He won't tho, because he's a loving fascist.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

matti posted:

broke my wrist and thight by listening to hardcore punk records on my couch

matti
Mar 31, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAFJ90GeMP8

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Soittakaa Paranoid!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Tag your ailments

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

planet's acting up again

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Tag your ailments
*loads pistol* King's Evil

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

aged, afrighted, dead in the street and starved

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Roosevelt posted:

new godspeed you! black emperor song sounding sick af

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
I'm the curiously named Surfet

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Cancer, and Wolf checking in

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Over-laid 😏

Neslepaks
Sep 3, 2003

Fistula here

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

going with Murthered here

rip me

matti
Mar 31, 2019

planet

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

going to the doctors later today because my shoulder has been hurting since last fall and it's not getting better.

expect them to just say lol you're old, get used to it.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Roosevelt posted:

Ye Olde Slashdot Natalie Portmanne

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

idk if y'all remember that back pain i was having but ms jones fell asleep on the couch so i slept in the middle of the bed and lol it turns out our bed is saggy and we need a new one

on the one hand it's awesome that back pain isn't just how i am now. on the other, i'd discounted that because the bed was only a couple years old when the pain started. i guess we got ripped off.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Achmed Jones posted:

idk if y'all remember that back pain i was having but ms jones fell asleep on the couch so i slept in the middle of the bed and lol it turns out our bed is saggy and we need a new one

on the one hand it's awesome that back pain isn't just how i am now. on the other, i'd discounted that because the bed was only a couple years old when the pain started. i guess we got ripped off.

mattresses are an overpriced scam historically for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

just sleep on a bed of hay and chicken feathers to save money