Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I go to costco 1-2x a week since it’s 5 mins away and its not super crowded like other areas of the country it seems so I dont buy a ton of stuff usually.

Being healthier as of late so theyre great for fresh fruit, haven’t had the dog in months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Chinatown posted:

the $1.50 hot dog + soda (with refill) cures COVID fyi

(please get it delivered)

I started getting pizza instead of hot dogs two or three weeks ago; I should have known! :wth:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Friend posted:

Got a membership for Christmas from my sister, and finally got around to going last week (twice). What are some of the frozen foods/snacks that are worth a drat?

Royal Asia shrimp wonton.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Headed to Costco today. Outside of Puma lined sweats, anything else to check out? Cinnamon bread?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I like the Columbus herb turkey cold cuts that have been on sale. Not too salty tasting.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Didn’t see the turkey but I did see the Tso’s chicken and got some to try (sf Costco)

They also have Kirkland Signature cloud knit equivalent women’s yoga pants for $10 :aaaaa:

The cinnamon bread has the mass of a dying star and I am so stoked to try it when I get home

Edit: oh my god

Knot My President! fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Feb 6, 2022

PolishPandaBear
Apr 10, 2009
Is the cinnamon bread similar to the pancake bread from Trader Joe's, because if yes, keep me the hell away fr...give me all of it, NOW.

Also had a slice of pizza last night for the first time in years and it reminded me of this time in middle school where all the cheese got pulled off the pizza on my first bite, and got stuck half way down my through and half way in my mouth causing me to choke. I was reminded of this because it happened again.

I've had a pair of the Puma sweats in forest green for two years? They finally ripped a bit on the back just under the waist band. I picked up two more pairs in grey and blue. They're just too comfortable and converted me into a sweat pants person.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

The 505 hatch chile jar is so good I almost cried the first time I had some

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

It’s like adult Cinnamon Toast Crunch on pcp in bread form. It’s 3.5lbs, three loaves, for $11 and my gf and I are both string beans and ate half of a loaf in several minutes and had to put it away

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

PolishPandaBear posted:

Also had a slice of pizza last night for the first time in years and it reminded me of this time in middle school where all the cheese got pulled off the pizza on my first bite, and got stuck half way down my through and half way in my mouth causing me to choke. I was reminded of this because it happened again.

you’re supposed to chew pizza

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Person in front of me at checkout bought $1300 worth of groceries. I was waiting for them to wheel out a laptop or a TV or something but nope, just 2 carts and a flat filled with food. I was really questioning the size of my garage freezer after watching that go down.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005

poisonpill posted:

The 505 hatch chile jar is so good I almost cried the first time I had some

Lol. Exactly. I bought my first jar two weeks ago and then the second the next day. Juuuuust now finishing up the 5th. I have been VERDE-ING the poo poo out of everything!!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
omg I made tacos two nights ago and forgot to crack open the 505. I have leftovers though so hopefully I remember this time.

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

I picked up Chipotle for dinner and ordered my bowl without salsa so I could smother it in 505 when I got home. It was great. That poo poo is so good.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

SamDabbers posted:

I picked up Chipotle for dinner and ordered my bowl without salsa so I could smother it in 505 when I got home. It was great. That poo poo is so good.

using 505 to determine your take-out meal is extremely legit. nice.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Got the cinnamon butter loaf today.

It is every bit as good as the hype suggests.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Must....

Not..
Purchase

Tuesday
(gasp)
Will be there

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Some light blue bag of dark chocolate and coconut covered almonds is giving me problems. Would recommend

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Can you freeze the hatch chili if you divide it up? Last time I bought it I gave half the jar to a friend and still only at 95% of the remaining half before it started growing mold.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

tangy yet delightful posted:

Can you freeze the hatch chili if you divide it up? Last time I bought it I gave half the jar to a friend and still only at 95% of the remaining half before it started growing mold.

Yup! We also do that with the Rao's pasta sauce in our house. Works really well in my experience.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
The smore snacks are also absolutely terrible and no one should by them

so I can buy all of them my god it's like crack I can't put it down

The peanut chocolate granola was also good, absolutely recommend.

My vice is the spinach parmesan artichoke dip my god that stuff is literally crack.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

The Daisy Cottage Cheese heresy at my local store continues. When will Costco return to the light and stock Land O Lakes again? This in unconscionable.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Daisy cottage cheese is good.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

The Breakstones I tried from the Co is garbage, unfortunately. My toddler eats it, but I judge her a little for it.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I wish the 'Co stocked big tubs of full-fat yogurt, plain or Greek. The fat free kind just tastes sad.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

The Midniter posted:

I wish the 'Co stocked big tubs of full-fat yogurt, plain or Greek. The fat free kind just tastes sad.

Ours stocks a big tub of full fat Indian style yogurt. It’s great for savory cooking but is a little too acidic for breakfast :(

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe

Goodpancakes posted:

Some light blue bag of dark chocolate and coconut covered almonds is giving me problems. Would recommend
Is it these?

If so I concur. Do not get these if you want your caloric intake to be below 5,000 per day.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

jimmy mnemonic posted:

Is it these?

If so I concur. Do not get these if you want your caloric intake to be below 5,000 per day.

Combining that specific level of salt, sugar, and my lack of self control should be illegal. I bought these once a while ago but probably won't get them again if I can help it.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

The Midniter posted:

Ours here in OR has full fat plain greek tubs. I know cause my girlfriend got upset when I bought one. She likes bad yogurt.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Whooping Crabs posted:

Combining that specific level of salt, sugar, and my lack of self control should be illegal. I bought these once a while ago but probably won't get them again if I can help it.

I had a system with those almonds (along with the thin mint ones). I never took the bag out of the kitchen, and I'd take 2 or 3 out of the bag then be done with them for the evening. Any other snack I'm fine sticking to a serving size but those almonds...

We grabbed a bag of dried watermelon yesterday, and it's surprisingly good. And while I'm disappointed at my Costco not having the butter cinnamon loaves, I'm sure it's for the best...

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

drat, I stood in front of the 505 chiles for a couple minutes today before putting them back, I just wasn't sure if I was going to go through that much of them and couldn't remember all the usage recs from this thread.

I did finally get a sherpa blanket though, I couldn't think of any way I could possibly regret that. An employee even came to talk to me at the self checkout just to reaffirm how great they are.

And yeah, those coconut almonds are crack. They get a rebate on them every once in a while too and then I literally cannot stop myself from buying them.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Ror posted:

drat, I stood in front of the 505 chiles for a couple minutes today before putting them back, I just wasn't sure if I was going to go through that much of them and couldn't remember all the usage recs from this thread.

I did finally get a sherpa blanket though, I couldn't think of any way I could possibly regret that. An employee even came to talk to me at the self checkout just to reaffirm how great they are.

And yeah, those coconut almonds are crack. They get a rebate on them every once in a while too and then I literally cannot stop myself from buying them.

imma go against the general thread consensus on the 505 chiles - I bought some due to the hype and found that they are heat with out much flavor so im not a big fan.

Those almonds are good af and i also use the "leave the bag in the kitchen" technique.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

Went to church tonight and they didn’t have any of those vacuum packed chicken thighs or breasts. Just wings. Maybe they had pulled stock in for the night, but it was weird.

Anyway I got some taiyaki and they’re good.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Went to church tonight as well and got the cinnamon butter loaves.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I am wholly digging the layered bean dip

Like literally but also

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

I bought the chiles a while back to make an enchilada sauce. Didn’t realize they were already salted and ended up with an extremely salty sauce. Diluting it with a whole bunch of sour cream helped but it was still salty.

I have about a quart of the salty green sauce in my freezer. I’m thinking if I add a quart of unsalted stock I can use it as the base for a pretty good stew or chili this weekend.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Adding potatoes to things is a good way to ramp down the salt

There was a recipe I did out of a Mexican book that used matchstick cut potato for some texture and to offset a fairly salty sauce

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Grapefruit honey tea??????

Is this good?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Grapefruit honey tea??????

Is this good?

The 4lb thing of jelly?

I only had one taste from a friend but I thought it was okay. Full disclosure like four or five other people did as well and said it was foul :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
505 chile is a god-tier church item. We easily go through a jar in a week or two, just on morning egg-cups and a few assorted other things. Wish it was a little hotter, but that is my only complaint. Bought two jars last time I went because we don't go to the 'Co often enough for the rate we are consuming it.