Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Wow that's the first Whomp I actually remember!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleve McDichael
Feb 11, 2019

~nice~

Tree Bucket posted:

HUP is comix royalty. It'd be a great sound effect for that Charlie-Brown-fails-to-kick-football thing.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

!!!
What

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

Regy Rusty posted:

Wow that's the first Whomp I actually remember!

It's one of my favourites

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

why would a cat use a knife and fork to eat?

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:

Is this that sigma male thing I keep hearing about?

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Shaking lemur butt posted:

Is this that sigma male thing I keep hearing about?

that's actually a power move

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

#35. That was it.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Ditocoaf posted:

I'm going to post the rest of Necropolis in longer than one page chunks (on average, accounting for scene transitions) for pacing and so I'm not doing this for too long.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Annette: Origins

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Hitmen for Destiny #448: Scary secret

======================

Hitmen for Destiny #449: Pernicious plant

======================

Hitmen for Destiny #450: gently caress, gently caress, gently caress!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
:ohdear:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Fusk and Vorte demonstrating the value of keeping your fears just vague enough. Had they been afraid specifically that Destiny would find out they killed Rolf Rust this would've turned out quite badly!

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
my name is potato and i love potatoes

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

R.O.B.O.T. D.I.N.G. D.O.N.G. ?.

straight up mackin' on Ray

the sting of Marlboros and the burn of all-day Smirnoff

Heaven's Receipt

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Behold! The perfect comic!

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

lol the last two panels of that cat and girl comic stacked up like that make a freaky lookin face

e: also i thought that lighthouse comic was gonna be to the tune of opera singer but it wasnt

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl posted:

Dying Light 2 just unlocked, and I did 2 episodes ahead of time so that I could enjoy it. Since it just finished downloading, I'm going to go play it. With that, we return with this poo poo that I draw.

Things I'm proud of, but don't know what other people think:

1.) The new shading looks really good, and needs to be refined a bit, I can do a lot more with a softer style, even if it's a bit more work.
2.) Lips, there are better Lips. There are more Lips, look at dem lips
3.) Spiders
4.) I think the hands and hair are improving.
5.) I probably shouldn't script on shrooms, but honestly the next update is one of my favorite things I've drawn for this comic so far. (Outside of the monsters.)
6.) My constant prompting people for their opinions is developing a deep seated insecurity that I'm bothering everyone, since there are a lot of goons who suffer in silence until a critical mass of distaste is hit, and then they all burst forth like an irate drat.
7.) More of a vlog thing, but I showed my art professor my art work and my website, and he gave me a few tips on drawing and showed me his own comic he's working on. He wants me to come to the art club, I am dying because I was really embarrassed to show this to another human being.

Boba Pearl has a new favorite as of 04:20 on Feb 6, 2022

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

lol the last two panels of that cat and girl comic stacked up like that make a freaky lookin face

I was looking at that thinking “drat, that’s one hell of a nifty composition!”

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

I've read a few of these, mostly the most recent ones, and I see your improvements with almost every new comic, and I also see you are taking comments into consideration and listening.

With that in mind, I know who is talking either based on what color the word bubble is, or the font, or in this case the intricate spiderweb border, which is really cool. It helps clear up which character is talking.

However, traditionally, the tails of the word bubbles should still point to the person who is talking.

Panel 1 the first bubble is pointing to Spider Woman's head, so I know it's her, but two and 3 are pointing to her abdomen. yeah, that's still her, but the placement is covering up the character, when you have plenty of empty real estate in the top right corner of the panel to use for bubbles. Also, the tails are really thick, but I have a guess as to why.

Panel 4, I know it's supposed to be spider-woman talking, but the bubble is pointing off screen to the left, which would indicate someone unseen is speaking. Pointing the tail up instead clarifies this. If putting the tail directly in the center of the box pointing up would cover too much art, a curved tail, pointing up and to the left from the upper right corner would again go over background space.

Panel 6, both bubbles are pointing at the character on the right. If it were not for the distinct style on the bubbles, I would have to assume the same character is saying both lines. Either that, or the second line is being spoken by the spider chariot in the background - who just so happens to have the same box style as SW.

Panel 8, same as above, minus sentient chariot. Opposing bubbles pointing to the same character.

Panel 9, talking chariot is back.

You might have mentioned what program you are using to make these before, so if you've covered this already, I apologize for covering old ground. Given how these bubbles look and how straight the lines are, I'm guessing that you are using some built in "Word Bubble Shape" tool for making your word bubbles and then sizing them to fit the text you want and then changing color and border to suit your wants, is that correct? Obviously, that can work, and you are doing some neat stuff with it, but I think it might be a little limiting, if all you can really change is shape, size and rotation/orientation. If I'm mistaken, then I am genuinely curious as to how you make your bubbles. But I'm guessing that's what is causing the fat tails in panel 1.

Going back a few pages just now, you have this all sorted out, with dialogue between 4-5 characters, so I don't know why this page is like this.

Keep on going, I can see that you have some big ideas that you are putting down, and I'm interested to see where they go.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
That is intentional, which may be stupid, but a spider typically has 8 eyes. 5 on the woman, 3 on the spider.

e: Though I could definitely use more splines, but I wanted to make the tails big and chonky to make it more apparent this is a purposeful choice. It also may be extremely dumb, I'll 100% own up to that.

e2: Panel 1, the Chariot is hidden Panel 4 the Chariot is in Panel 2, Panel 6 pointed directly at Chariot, 8 pointing at Chariot leg, 9 pointing at Chariot head.

e3: Flirting coming from woman, dealing coming from Chariot, Marie gets cut, Panel 8 spells "Tripping" in the web, Marie does some light choke play and squeezes out a ton of spiders out of a bulging neck. Background becomes a giant swirl

Boba Pearl has a new favorite as of 05:43 on Feb 6, 2022

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Who hands out Ferrero Rocher for Halloween?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Whomp can be hit or miss, but at times he really nails the essence of comedy.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

PfSC ain't got nothing on Ronnie.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Woah, he predicted Super Eyepatch Wolf's Garfield video!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

I know you're reading this thread and I legit laughed pretty hard at this one.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i appreciate how hard he been calling out anime pedos the past few days

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Mx. posted:

i appreciate how hard he been calling out anime pedos the past few days

it's really funny how he has a bunch of gag twitter accounts responding to him doing parody defenses of pedobait animes

...right??? :smith:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

https://twitter.com/ShadowPowerup/status/1490212634406363138

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Milfs are a universal panacea.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Push El Burrito posted:

Milfs are a universal panacea.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The New Adventures of the Duck Avenger

our mysterious villain finally revealed!

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

yup, and that's also a 'weird strangers who try to involve you in stuff without talking to your parents'

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

#36. Clear!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Boba Pearl posted:

Things I'm proud of, but don't know what other people think:

1.) The new shading looks really good, and needs to be refined a bit, I can do a lot more with a softer style, even if it's a bit more work.
2.) Lips, there are better Lips. There are more Lips, look at dem lips
3.) Spiders
4.) I think the hands and hair are improving.
5.) I probably shouldn't script on shrooms, but honestly the next update is one of my favorite things I've drawn for this comic so far. (Outside of the monsters.)
6.) My constant prompting people for their opinions is developing a deep seated insecurity that I'm bothering everyone, since there are a lot of goons who suffer in silence until a critical mass of distaste is hit, and then they all burst forth like an irate drat.
7.) More of a vlog thing, but I showed my art professor my art work and my website, and he gave me a few tips on drawing and showed me his own comic he's working on. He wants me to come to the art club, I am dying because I was really embarrassed to show this to another human being.

1, 2, 4, 6. I get it, you're doing nice though, it's a bit fun to follow your growth.
3,7. Yay spiders and art club.

Also, her eyes when Marie smacks her hand away look out of place, somehow