Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Top 4 in my last 12 games

Also 0-12

loving idiots are out tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Lol that this is only good enough for a 2nd class

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

A trap. Skill specifically mentioned that neither the WZ or the Strv-K make more than a T8 premium. Probably because they're both pretty lovely, so it's easier to have a good round in a balans'd T8 premium. And because T9s have higher running costs than T8s.

Yup, I saw repair costs of the 114 very close to 30k which is something I've only attributed to German superheavies before, and then only on tier X.
Deffo no cheap premium repairs there. The 114 has a very nice and fast AP shell though, if you are so inclined.

Finally bit the gold bullet to get rid off the STG Guard and the Patriot. Hello HAWK30 and Even90 with shiny new all zeroskill crews (and about 20mil in crewbooks)

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jan 31, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

It is insane how much of a difference the top gun makes on the Type 61. It went from "do I even want to play this loving stupid line" to insanely fun.

sauer kraut posted:

Hello HAWK30 and Even90 with shiny new all zeroskill crews (and about 20mil in crewbooks)

Can't speak for the HWK (although Skill recommends it) but the ELC is probably the most broken T8 light in the game. Yes, even brokener than the Ferrari. You can just sit in a bush 2 meters away from the enemy and spot everything all day every day.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jan 31, 2022

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
The 12% difference in camo value is very, very noticeable yeah.

As long as there's an enemy Even90 alive, the HWK is relegated to a medium role. Which is totally ok by me, the Ru251 gun is great on a tier 8.
You get a lot of ignorant comments though :unsmith:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The most amusing thing while running the EVEN 90 is watching a semi-competent enemy team start blind-firing every bush large enough to hide you.

The lovely thing is that my best light/scout crew is for the T92. :negative:

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I really like that I was able to get from spg-5 to 15 tonight. Really would have been nice if my team would have won a single game.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The teams I'm getting tonight are diabolically bad.

Like to the tune of "90% of the team goes to one flank, gets immediately killed by a third of the enemy team while the rest of the enemy steamrolls the other flank".

Lucky to get two or three loving shots off before the end.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The teams I'm getting tonight are diabolically bad.

Like to the tune of "90% of the team goes to one flank, gets immediately killed by a third of the enemy team while the rest of the enemy steamrolls the other flank".

Lucky to get two or three loving shots off before the end.

I'm avoiding this game like the plague until that marathon is over, except for drunk weekends.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

On the upside.

On the downside, love to grind 61k XP before I can get the autoloader on my T10 tank.

E:

I'm gonna be honest, this skin was roughly 33% of the reason I wanted the thing.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 1, 2022

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Well, it's something to do. I only bother buying a Tier X if there's a module grind, with a few exceptions. Else they just gather dust in the garage as I continue to grind some unplayable piece of poo poo that I want out of the loving way ASAP.

In other words, I'd rather save the 6.1m credits :v:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Midweek equipment sale is live, in case you don't check the news often enough: https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/lunar-new-year-0122-discounts/

XP conversion bonus as well. 40/1g instead of the usual 25. And consumables for the first time in a long while.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Logged in, spent 50 mil on consumables, and logged out lmao

My GPU failing after ranked ended has been great for my mental health.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The key to Ranked is only playing enough to make it to the reward tier that gets you the free tank and then stopping altogether.

Kungfu Trader
Aug 15, 2020

Well, that escalated quickly.

Raged posted:

I really like that I was able to get from spg-5 to 15 tonight. Really would have been nice if my team would have won a single game.

The struggle is real, the marathon has brought out all the muppets.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I get that the game needs to have RNG, but jesus loving christ the RNG in this game can eat my rear end. Love to lose a game because a Leopard 1 bounces four green pen shots in a row. Just loving love it. It's the best. So much fun.

e: also I distinctly remember them lying about the matchmaker trying to match up restricted bullshit tanks only against other restricted bullshit tanks. Did they walk that back at some point, or did the matchmaker get into the vodka again, because it's so great to have a platoon of three Object 279(e)s against random tech tree poo poo.

They just literally drove through our team bouncing poo poo left, right and center.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Yeah, the 279(e)s really need to have a platoon restriction. As will the 279s if/when they hit the game in whatever form.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Reminder that tonight's the last day for the equipment and consumables discount.

Don't expect another one for a while, especially consumables. Don't be afraid to overbuy, too - consumables are a good way to "bank" credits since they're a 1:1 sale once the discounts are done.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Reminder that tonight's the last day for the equipment and consumables discount.

Don't expect another one for a while, especially consumables. Don't be afraid to overbuy, too - consumables are a good way to "bank" credits since they're a 1:1 sale once the discounts are done.

Yeah, I ended up selling all of my vents and freed up tens of millions of credits that I can now put towards actually useful equipment.

Kungfu Trader
Aug 15, 2020

Well, that escalated quickly.
I fitted out a lot of my tanks in this sale, it was really nice.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I've got almost every tank in the game fully equipped. I'm just missing equipment on my non-premium tier 8 tanks.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

lol this loving expectation value curve on the WZ-114.

I guess the takeaway is that if you're a good player (like the players who first had it), it can do a lot of damage, but if you're not, hoo boy.

Also I figured out the Object 263. Be close to the enemy. Playing it like a "gently caress you I'm coming through" assault tank is a lot of fun, even though the lower plate is poo poo. It's still pretty loving rad to just drive into a Progetto, smack them for 600 with a shot and then ram them to death.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

lol this loving expectation value curve on the WZ-114.

I guess the takeaway is that if you're a good player (like the players who first had it), it can do a lot of damage, but if you're not, hoo boy.

Also I figured out the Object 263. Be close to the enemy. Playing it like a "gently caress you I'm coming through" assault tank is a lot of fun, even though the lower plate is poo poo. It's still pretty loving rad to just drive into a Progetto, smack them for 600 with a shot and then ram them to death.

I think it's more enemies realizing that it is utter trash and can be DPMed to death by anything other than a T34 or Lowe.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So uh.

Finished the Object 263 grind with like 120 000 XP today.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

NA CODE RAWRTHEDAY

Rental 122 TM for 3 days
Access to a Mission
5x Personal Reserves: +300% to Crew Experience for 1 hour

There's a chance this might only be good for today and past codes like it have been limited activation so... :f5:

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Feb 5, 2022

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
So.. I've been doing an oddball build for my M-III-Y tank which has been working incredibly well. Historically, the yoh tanks were medium tank ideas by the yoh company as outside the box alternative proposals for the what would become the m48 patton. These were not heavy tanks. Working from that, you then realize if you play the tank kind of like the e-75ts as a heavium, the tank can do some work. I'm using the 90mm gun as well. For equipment, things are odd, but actually do work well. Vents on the bonus, turbo, and finally vstab. That is right, no rammer. I've had moments for sure where I wish I had it, but I also feel like it is worth the sacrifice for bringing the tank up to being a fairly mobile unit. In t8 matches, I do play in the heavy areas. However, in the t9 and especially t10 matches, this loadout lets me swap roles and go run with the mediums in support of them. This also lets me dodge dealing with the more stupid tanks like chieftains and nuketanks. It also means I don't have to dip gold as much since medium armor isn't as thick as heavy armor.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Just dodge slugging it out with bullshit heavies anyways. You don't have to listen to pubs shrieking that heavy tanks need to go to heavy tank areas. :shrug:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

McGavin posted:

Just dodge slugging it out with bullshit heavies anyways. You don't have to listen to pubs shrieking that heavy tanks need to go to heavy tank areas. :shrug:

Oh, I completely agree. Just saying that it is just too sluggish without the turbo to keep up with the mediums. On the other hand, the gun handling all over is such that the vents do help for me.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

McGavin posted:

Problem is the medium lane is already clogged with the new autoloading, mobile & armoured hemiums from Italy, Sweden and Czechoslovakia :smith:

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

:france: Honneur et Patrie :france:

Downloading this stupid loving game again after years of not playing. What do I need to know? The first thing that struck me is how insanely expensive the premium tanks are now, what the gently caress.

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

The French Army posted:

Downloading this stupid loving game again after years of not playing. What do I need to know? The first thing that struck me is how insanely expensive the premium tanks are now, what the gently caress.

:saddowns::hf::saddowns:

Just came back too after a couple years away. After a few battles I do remember I was bad at shoot tanks, but it is a bit of fun.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

The French Army posted:

They always come back.... :getin:

Sayara
May 10, 2009

The French Army posted:

HE shells got nerfed, so you can't spam hull down tanks with them anymore like you used to. Or well, you can, but you're probably dealing like 20 damage instead of 200. Made some tanks even bigger monsters than before, like T95/Chieftain and Object 279(e), and some pretty worthless, like japanese heavies from tier 7 onward. They're still good depending on tank if you can pen with them though. Arty got nerfed too, and they now have 3 types of shells: damaging splash shell, stunning shell, and ap shell. Others than stunning are pretty much a trap. As a result, the amount of arties is a lot smaller now, and I think I haven't seen 3 arty game since the changes went in. This means there tends to be more heavies in games, as the things they were weak against are gone.

There's more equipment now, things like improved aiming that makes your aiming circle smaller, or turbocharger that increases engine power and top speed. New thing is field modifications, which are something that you can spend exp on your elited tanks for bonuses on some stats, while nerfing some others. These modifications also allow you to take second set of shells and second set of equipment and choose between them before battle starts. You can peek at some suggestions on what to use on tanks at skill4ltu.eu.

Bunch of QoL mods got put into the base game, like detection circles, team hp, etc, so you can play pretty much modless without being gimped compared to others. Only one I use myself is Mark of Excellence mod. Oh, and there's a ton of bullshit premiums at tier 8 now that just poo poo on most tech tree tanks of same tier, but you'll learn about them pretty drat soon. Other than these it's pretty much the same game as it used to be. Be patient, use your tanks strengths, and pray for rng gods.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
i had the perfect battle this can't be beat. 69 damage kolobanovs

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Pfft. Capture Kolobanov's. :sad:

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
all the base arebelonging mine

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

:france: Honneur et Patrie :france:

Some things changed, some things did not. Pubbies are still idiots, chuds are everywhere and easier to bait than ever. I played a couple hours last night and unfortunately the closest I got to friendly fire was a threat. Looks like there's a new French tech tree for me to climb. Also I got a shitload of stuff for having a 9 year old account, is any of it actually good? The T-50-2 got nerfed if I remember right. Never heard of a Super Hellcat, Super Chaffee or VK 2801 with 10.5cm. I'll have to dick around with it more and see what these token money things can get me. Also, what do I do with bonds?

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
I'm also a return(ed) player. Bonds are an in-game currency. I haven't actually spent any yet but it looks like the coolest things available are premium tanks.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

The French Army posted:

Never heard of a Super Hellcat, Super Chaffee or VK 2801 with 10.5cm.
All you need to know is that as giveaway tanks, they're pretty sub-par.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
TNH Vz. 51 is supposed to be good right? I can't make it work. I actually had a really nice time in the t8 tank, but the t9's guns are so bad. I think I need to go back to the single shot, because the double shot is pretty much just me just praying 1 of the shots goes where I want before I get a 24 second reload. I do a much better job playing support hevium role and helping T10s, but in games where I'm the top tier tank I just can't make it work. I usually am out of the game with less than 1000 damage done.

Edit: First game going back to the single shot and the gun is like a laser beam compared to the double and I did almost 5k damage.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 7, 2022