Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

Thunderdome Week 497: Our Fuzzy, Fluffy Friends

There’s something you should know about me, Thunderdome: I liked stuffed animals. A lot. I also have a lot of them, and sometimes, in fleeting moments of moral weakness, I like to invent little backstories for them. Is this madness? Yes, perhaps, but this is also Thunderdome, and I am not the only madwoman here. Perhaps some of you, too, have cherished childhood toys you’ve invented little stories for. Perhaps you still remember some of those stories—or perhaps you’d like to write a story now. Come and play with me, won’t you?

You cool kids are all way more familiar with this flash concept than I am, so I’m giving you 800 Words to write some flash about some stuffed animal friends. At a word-count this scant, I won’t be demanding a fully developed story so much as I am a feeling or a vibe (as this is apparently a valid expression of flash!) However, if you find these 800 precious words too limiting, there are two ways you can get more:

+200 words if you post a picture of a stuffed animal of your own choosing, whether it’s one of your own or one you want to own or one you just think is neat, and you include them in your story
OR
+200 words if you want to roll the dice on one of my weirdo animals! I’ve got some real wildcards in here, and I promise you, I will not run out. (The stuffed animals pictured in this prompt are not my collection, by the way. My taste is MUCH more refined.)

Usual Thunderdome rules apply, including no erotica and no fanfic. Having said that, you may want to use a stuffed animal (or you may be assigned a stuffed animal) from a recognizable IP, so what do you do? You do what you did when you were five, dummy: use your imagination! Give them a life outside their IP, one entirely unique to them. I promise you, some of these little guys could use it.

Sign-ups close 11:59 pm pacific time Friday
Entries close 11:59 pm pacific time Sunday

Judges:
- Nae
- Beezus
- ???

Stuffed Animal Friends:
- Staggy
- Chernobyl Princess
- yeah ok ok yeah
- flerp
- The Man Called M
- Thranguy
- CaligulaKangaroo
- rohan
- My Shark Waifuu
- crabrock
- Chairchucker
- GrandmaParty
- Albatrossy_Rodent
- Chili
- t a s t e
- sebmojo
- Bad Seafood
- Antivehicular
- QuoProQuid

Nae fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Feb 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beezus
Sep 11, 2018

I never said I was a role model.

I would like to read and judge the stuffed animal stories this week if Nae will have me.

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

Beezus posted:

I would like to read and judge the stuffed animal stories this week if Nae will have me.

YOU ARE HAD, CHILD!!!

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

In, gimme a weirdo.

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

Staggy posted:

In, gimme a weirdo.

You're the first person to request, so you get the #1 bear. Please note: he is #1 at EVERYTHING.

Nae fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 8, 2022

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.

:siren:thunderdome winner:siren:

In.
This is Zoe and her best friend Homer:

Zoe is the fastest racing unicorn in Go City. Homer gets lost a lot.

Chernobyl Princess fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Feb 8, 2022

yeah ok ok yeah
May 2, 2016

In.

Gimme yer weirdest weirdo.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
in give me a friend

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

yeah ok ok yeah posted:

In.

Gimme yer weirdest weirdo.

Auntie Anne the Anteater is huge. So is her guitar.

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

flerp posted:

in give me a friend

this bird has seen hell.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

In.

Give me a bizarre one.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
In, and I'll take a plush weirdo.

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

The man called M posted:

In.

Give me a bizarre one.

Eggs. Eggs! This bird loves eggs, loves them so much. But some of the eggs are broken?!

Nae fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Feb 8, 2022

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

Thranguy posted:

In, and I'll take a plush weirdo.

The plague doctor, keeper of secrets and keys and ethernet cables.

Nae fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Feb 8, 2022

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS
In!

One weirdo please!

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

CaligulaKangaroo posted:

In!

One weirdo please!

He is pondering his orb. What does he see?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
a man called m crit

i read this and have thoughts. first of all, i find the premise both workable and believable enough. i mean, the premise is kind of stupid, but also the tone is kind of stupid, so it works. and i dont mean stupid in a bad way, but in a sort of dumb-but-can-be-fun sort of way, which can work! this however, doesnt work as a story, and that's where its flaws come in.

first of all, i dont like how you treat violence and death in your fiction from the few things ive read of yours. this kid is being chased by cannibals and Al murders people and the narrative doesnt seem to even consider the implications of what killing people means. he's just a murderer (who seems to be able to do so efficiently that he's definitely killed more people than in this narrative) and the story doesnt consider what that means or put any weight on that. not to say that you cant write action that involves killing and death, but i think you watch too much anime or play too many video games where killing random mooks is never considered but this just doesnt work as well in fiction, i find. also, in general, your action writing is... well, i cant call it action writing because you ignore it. you just gloss over the action, which idk can work, but it feels less like you deciding "this will make my story more efficient" and more "idk how to write action so uhhhhhh he killed them."

now, let's consider once Jimmy joins Al. The dialogue here isnt very good, both from a writing standpoint, but also from a narrative standpoint. the things that matter here are Jimmy has a thing that people want. are the details about the impossible meat important? do they add to the narrative or reveal things about the character or do anything interesting? i would say no. i think modern readers now would understand what impossible burgers are (i mean, burger king sold them ), so I don't think you need to explain what they are and what they can do. instead, maybe use your dialogue to answer more interesting questions. like, for example, why is Al willing to risk his life for this kid? sure, I can buy Al killing some people who want to hurt a little kid, but i dont know why he would potentially risk his own life to get Jimmy to chicago. he wants to protect the boy, but why? did he have a kid before? did he fail to protect someone beforehand? does he think he can get rich? Al has no motivations for his actions. same thing goes with Jimmy. he knows how to make impossible meats, but he doesnt have any motivation. does he want to spread this idea to prevent cannabalism? to make money? did his parents put him to secrecy? note that im not saying you have to do any of these, but if you come up with a reason for your character's actions and tie them into your character's personality, your characters will start to feel like people and not like toys you move around to make the plot start.

then we get to Lou. and look, Lou is actually kind of interesting! he's a priest who apparently assisted or condoned or otherwise allowed the cannabalism to happen because he thought it was a necessary evil but now jimmy comes around and says, it wasnt necessary. and he has a crisis! he has to deal with the fact that he was wrong, that his actions werent necessary. this is a character! you made a character! you can then have lou have to cope with his emotions. figure out what this means for him. maybe he tries to get this impossible meals to be common. or he tries to convince the rich to stop. or talks to his congregation. or whatever. you see, when you give a character like this a problem (his understanding of the world is upheaved), you start to get a story. Lou faces a problem and now he must solve it. i mean, this story doesnt actually do anything with Lou, but compare him to Al and Jimmy. neither of those characters want anything and the actions they take dont come from any place of motivation, so we dont care. but with Lou, i could get behind him. how does he grapple with his faith when he condoned murder for so long? id like to see that. you dont actually do that, but you can. the ending, here, starts to get some place interesting. the world is being upheaved by Jimmy, now how do people react? We don't know, we don't see it, but it CAN be interesting.

so overall: find your characters that are interesting. give them motivations. explore those motivations. make them grapple with issues.

rohan
Mar 19, 2008

Look, if you had one shot
or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
in one moment
Would you capture it...
or just let it slip?

:siren:"THEIR":siren:

in, :toxx:

I’ll take a strange friend please :)

My Shark Waifuu
Dec 9, 2012

I'm in!

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

rohan posted:

in, :toxx:

I’ll take a strange friend please :)

Is this a plush of a ghost dog, or a ghost of a plush dog? Only you can decide!

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

in

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Plush me pls

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

Chairchucker posted:

Plush me pls

Did you guys think there would only be one anteater? lol. lmao. This guy can eat 35,000 ants a day, and so can all his friends.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

Crits for Week #496

The man called M - Dreams Deferred, Dreams made:

“making things worse payed those in power” no. do you ignore red/blue squiggles?

“literally eat” what’s the difference between “eat” and “literally eat” in your sentence here?

“but not like this.” show what’s different.

“They started to attack.” just an absolute waste of words.

“I wield my scythe” present tense

“they try to fight back, but they were not skilled” you literally switch tenses in the same sentence dude.

“To be fair,” what use does this phrase have?

“Something was up.” pretty sure i’ve told you before that “some–” is the most boring word a writer can write.

“why were those guys really after you?” The boy seemed scared.” don’t mix dialog from one char with stuff about another character, it’s confusing.

“ I brought them” you already established he’s a boy, you can say “he.” I thought you were talking about the dead bodies.

“a while” be specific and deliberate in your writing.

“to be a hamburger. Impossible” if this goes where i hope it doesn’t, i’m gonna be pissed and stop reading.

““I didn’t,” the boy said. “It’s made from plants!”” yeah gently caress this i’m not reading ad copy. done.

Flyerant - Earning a Salarium in the Dusty Plains of the Atlantic Ocean:

“ giant cup noodle containers.” wtf TD, stop trying to sell me stuff this week. Jeeze, i get it. Capitalism is the real evil.

“maybe even an unpaid internship!” this is the kind of stuff that you should really just not do. It’s cheeky and we know you’re being cheeky and it’s just meh writing.

““Did you know that Cup No—“ I took a deep breath, and the regulator let me speak my own thoughts. “Why did you poke the giant crow?” I asked John nicely.” They say a flash fiction story should probably only have one weird/new thing. This sentence has 3 alone. Focus is good.

“cup of noodles.” inconsistency

“chest swayed my fears.” i feel like you wanted another word here. Assuage?

“Two beady, desperate eyes glared back at me” birds eyes are on the side of their head so you’d likely only see one.

“I ignored the smell of rotting stars.” good line.

“kicking the crow in its teeth” uh what

—----

This story has got some cool imagery in it and some neat concepts, but it’s trying to do a bit too much. The main detractor for me is the tone is weirdly mismatched at times. It’s written like this tongue-in-cheeck parody, but the stakes are “our daughter’s future” / “our lives” you either need to go full throttle and make the stakes something loving ridiculous like “we’re risking our lives to send our daughter to disney world so she can meet Ariel!” or somber up the story a bit.

I wanted to know a bit more about these space crows. How big were they, what was their purpose? What usually happens when they land on earth? How many have been there before? What did the old legends say about them? What is the consequence of kiling one?

How does salt enter the atmosphere and not burn up? Or smash to pieces when it hits the ground? What kind of salt is it? Special space salt or just sodium chloride? A quick line description would carry a lot of weight.

I didn’t really get the ending and exactly what was happening (they killed the bird and were gonna go yell “shrubbery” at some old women. How is that $$?

Chairchucker - Drivers:

Gonna be honest, after i read this story i scrolled up to see who wrote it and was shocked to see it was you. Mostly cause usually your stories have a flow, even in their silliness, and this has a bunch of disjointed parts.

The concept and mood are all ok. It’s the execution that is flawed. So i get that there’s some guy who makes decisions about things, but i have NO IDEA who he is. How much power he has. Sometimes it seems like he alone can make a decision about these bots, and sometimes it seems like his hands are tied. This made me very confused. He has his own security detail or something? But then scientists come and try to convince him of stuff?

Having your characters directly comment on how annoying somebody was, etc. is a cheap way out. He kept saying “wow that lady was annoying,” etc. but this is the most banal way to do dialog. That’s the stuff that’s better shown and talked about indirectly. It’d be better if he never actually commented on her but was clearly perturbed by her actions.

What is this dude’s personal stake in the matter? He just says “nah it’s worth it.” but i dunno is he like the president of a country or a CEO that makes money? Just some random bureaucrat that doesn’t really care either way and is just taking meetings? What are his feelings about all this other than not wanting to be annoyed by anybody?

Anyway the sudden shift to “oh no they’re killing me” was jarring and honestly not really needed. Seeing him get murdered by murder bots was almost a forgone conclusion when he refused to limit them despite the scientist’s pleas. Sometimes leaving the future a little uncertain is better.

Albatrossy_Rodent - Becker:
I liked this story a fair bit. I liked the idea that these clones were always trying to get one up on this guy, so much so that they literally sometimes themselves didn’t want to be clones and what not, they just wanted to have that relationship with this guy they thought of as their dad. Meanwhile his own son was a complete gently caress up. Wrestling with that provides a lot of emotional weight and that was the best part of the story. The part where the fuckup son literally dies is not actually needed. That makes it black and white. The struggle of this father is the real meat of the story and having him realize his own son hadn’t called him or visited in years and years is enough of a turning point on its own, you don’t need to have the cops call and say “HE DED!” it’d actually be a better story without it. Anyway the main things i wanted to know about this world was how pervasive is this problem. Are there clones of EVERYBODY out there? If not, why is this guy targeted specifically? Is he hella rich? Or is it something to do with the son’s fuckups that got all these clones. I liked that it “inceptioned” us about the wife being a clone (hints at but does not confirm) and that nothing in this world is as it seems. Could explore a little bit longer his own wondering if he himself is a clone, but not too long. Just as a way to show that he’s starting to lose it a bit from the stress. Anyway, strong story, good job.

GrandmaParty - Lawyers Starve in the Future:

“on and off?” should be off and on. It’s on. It doesn’t work. You turn it off. You turn it back on and it works. If you turn it on and off it’s just off.

This is one of those “ha ha there was a twist!” stories that needs more foreshadowing or it just feels hollow. You need to show AIs using humans for their own pointless means, then discarding them, earlier in the story. Instead you focus on how strict this AI is for the phone bank. Spending all this time helping this lady because a cat peed in her computer is funny, but ultimately lends nothing to the actual story. It’s all wasted words. It was like you didn’t really know where the story was going, wrote it, and then didn’t have the fortitude to go back and cut out the parts that weren’t needed. You should have put them in a bag and thrown it in the river, then you’d have the space to do the end justice. And that could have been a good story.

Staggy - Run:
This is a very well written boring story. There’s nothing in this story that separates it from the million other “people hunt people” stories that exist in a million other mediums. I just couldn’t care about it because there are pretty much 2 options: he gets hunted, or he doesn’t. The stuff in between is not really weird enough, novel enough, or exciting enough to carry the weight of this story.

SurreptitiousMuffin - Subject 501107-SYD log (extracted 17:08:23:10:08:33) partially damaged:
My cojudges liked this more than i liked it cause it’s a lot of mental work to read a weirdly formatted story and i was tired and i didn’t want to do it. Also when there are repetitive elements in stories my brain cannot focus and i zone out. Thus i miss tiny little differences (if there are any) in the speeches that are on repeat.

So i got that this guy is being fed this religious propaganda through his chip, and that at some point he does something, or something happens to (wasn’t clear) the chip, which affects its ability to influence him. He then runs for the hills or whatever. I don’t mind the indirectness of this, but i’m not exactly sure what happened and what the long term consequences are. The title says that they did end up finding him and taking back the chip or whatever? So in the end it doesn’t matter and this guy was just fodder for the towers or whatever? Again, i like what’s here but am v confused on some of the other things that i think you’re talented enough to have addressed, OR that i just straight up missed because my brain was working to try to work through the weird format/indirect story telling after 14 hours watching my kid and i was just tired. Pick whichever works best.

CaligulaKangaroo - The Iron Duke:
this story is ok (the transition to corgi steak was excellent) but i liked it better when it was just this duke eating his dog while leaving his security outside to be killed by mob. i kinda lost interest when it was about putting stuff into robot bodies. those are like two different stories (or two parts of a much longer story) and i woulda rather stayed back and explored the ramifications of his callousness and what exactly made the world this way (what were the power structures, etc) and what not. the robot stuff isn't really foreshadowed or important at all other than an ending. then the weird time jump to say "in the end, nothing mattered really i guess" is kinda like ok thanks?

Nae - The Future is Warbots:
I like this story and don’t mind the ending because for me the story was never about the warbots, it was about everybody else in her life NOT going after the warbots. She was just kinda like omg why is nobody doing anything, why are they just accepting this? Her plans and drive to get out there were what mattered so much more than the eventual outcome. I don’t believe she’s going to stop now that she “failed,” because i don’t believe that actually having a working warbot was ever her real goal. I think she knew they were all broken and lovely and wouldn’t work. It was more about doing something to change her life and not just accept everything as lovely. In the end, getting to spend the night on a plush chair was the reward, and it was worth it, because she’d taken action and done what everybody said was pointless.

The main detractor from this story was the weird trash stuff. I was like “is somebody sorting this trash?” the world was a little confusing because at one point i was wondering if they were like, tiny people and “kleenex mountain” was just 1 kleenex, etc. i did at one point wonder if they were actually bugs. Anyway you need to dial that back a bit and probably explain WHY it’s called kleenex mountain (is that where the kleenex factory dumps its poo poo?) how does the trash get there? Is new trash added or is it just old trash? How old? How many generations has this been going on? Anyway, cool, neat, good job.

flerp - Bodies:
Two dudes bang in an apartment and have feelings and talk a bit. Gonna be honest, totally lost how this was a dystopia or how they were affected by it. Not much to say other than that. I read it and was like “i don’t either get this metaphor or i’m missing the dystopian elements.” feels like it’s a part to a larger piece?

yeah ok ok yeah - Chemical Lake:
I liked this more than my cojudges and i argued you back from a loss/dm so i’m basically your fairy godmother and you OWE ME.

I hate working (my job is even ok, i just hate other people telling me i have to do things at a certain time OR I DIE), so showing this guy just doing all this paperwork and whatnot so that he could afford the insurance to pay for all the operations and radiation treatments, but never actually go out and play on the lake spoke to me. His kid seemed pretty happy tho, so that’s good. This story skirts that line of “so what?” i guess, it never really builds too far past that main point of “this guy has to work to live and can’t enjoy life.” it lacks any sort of urgency or consequence. Everything just kinda seems normal and like he’s used to it and so it’s just a description of this guy’s life. It’s pretty dystopian IMO but not very satisfying. Anyway, gently caress work, jump in the chemical lake my guy.

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

In.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Crits for Week #496

The oddest thing about this week is how fee people wrote anything touching dystopias of control. Instead we have a whole bunch of dystopias of abandonment, and a lot of 'what if shifty job was even shittier'.

The man called M - Dreams Deferred, Dreams made:

You know most of the things that are wrong with this. A few tense slips: wielded is a clunky word, so I understand the impulse to avoid it. Joe being partially edited out. At the highest level, well, people forgetting that it's possible to live on a vegetarian, even vegan diet. And the logistical issue of how to sustainably produce enough human meat that everyone is eating it, including the ones who get eaten. (This is, to the extent it's remotely possible, going to be much more farming than hunting.) A world in which the rich are eating the poor, and not for survival would fit the themes better. But there's something here, an interesting story of faiths lost and faiths found, and you'd lose that if the priest wasn't guilty.
I think that the interesting dystopic angle here isn't the cannibalism itself but the loss of the taboo against cannibalism. (In Soylent Green they had to keep it a secret.) And there are interesting ways to cross that with imitation meat. Imitation human meat giving edgelord rich failsons a taste for the real thing, say.

Flyerant - Earning a Salarium in the Dusty Plains of the Atlantic Ocean:

The opening paragraph is strong, but the second is a confused mess. We eventually get it, but the wording remains clunky.
Another post-apocalyptic setting here, with an absurdist angle to it. I don't think salt is likely to be valuable in the post-oceanic world...
The interesting conceit here is that of adbots that make communication nigh impossible. And I think a better story would play with that in a lower-stakes context without as much additional absurdity on top of that premise. Or maybe just the lowered stakes, would hate to completely lose the alien corvids.

Chairchucker - Drivers:

So this story is just sort of there. There's not much to it, character wise or story wise. A little irony.
The thing I'm seeing in all three of these stories so far is a total lack of subtlety. The central idea here, that children are being modified to manage technology, is a sound disturbing dystopian idea. The Set-Sets in Ada Palmer's Terra Ignota series explore that idea. But when you throw on slavery and short term working to death you get a something cartoonish.

Albatrossy_Rodent - Becker:

Still not subtle, but a lot better at what it is. Also still not making much sense; surely it costs more to grow an army of clones than a month worth of rent or bail money, and the clones are easy and impossible to physically detect without any consistency from scene to scene. But there is actual emotional content here.

GrandmaParty - Lawyers Starve in the Future:

Finally, something close to subtle. Another fairly dim protagonist, though. The AI horse/employee business is interesting I guess but doesn't really connect to the main story, which isn't far off from reality. And I sort of guess from the title and punchline that this is a world in which there is no legal recourse and everything is settled through biased arbitration? Not enough support for that, so those bits hang oddly off the story.

Staggy - Run:
 Effective opening, setting up, what? Deadliest game reality TV? Gratuitous apocalypse again. There's not much there there. Just some action, hunter and prey reversed. Doesn't seem to have much to say.

SurreptitiousMuffin - Subject 501107-SYD log (extracted 17:08:23:10:08:33) partially damaged:
This is cool. Very dense, with a fascinating hint of an absent narrator and dissent within the masters, both in negative space. Also slight, less than half the words with a large percentage used in patterns and repetition.  (I mentioned Terra Ignota in an earlier crit; there's a passage in the last book that uses a very similar conceit.)

CaligulaKangaroo - The Iron Duke:
This is another one without much going on. A Duke is holding out against robots, eats his dogs, and becomes a cyberman.  Is this an atompunk 1963 or 2063? If it was 1963 you could have used QE2. But as I said, not much there.

Nae - The Future is Warbots:
This one is vivid and energetic. There's not much deep here but there's character and an emotional core. The most effective dystopia of abandonment that we got.

flerp - Bodies:
Well written where it's specific, but gets much too abstract when dealing with what's supposed to be the core. Are we meant to understand what is meant by 'out', what kind of thing the narrator wants and dreads? Does the author even know? Not sure if this is even on prompt. 

yeah ok ok yeah - Chemical Lake:
Highly effective body horror here, attached to a sort of vignette-y failed vacation story where nothing the protagonist does matters, and not in a meaningful kafkaesque way. 

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
This is profoundly out of my comfort zone. In, can you give me a weirdo please?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

E: whoops

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 10, 2022

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

GrandmaParty posted:

This is profoundly out of my comfort zone. In, can you give me a weirdo please?

Have a comfortable friend: a bison who loves cookies.

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

https://ibb.co/c6LJfmb (couldn't get the bbcode to work)

This is Fake Zelda. I am writing about Fake Midna, but I can't find Fake Midna, she's probably somewhere in the big storage room. Fake Midna looks exactly like Fake Zelda except she's gold, has had her nose chewed off, and is covered in soot.

https://ibb.co/RyWLQJg That's the exact stuffie Fake Midna is, just without the wear and tear and fire.

Edit: fake midna top right, real midna center.

Albatrossy_Rodent fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Feb 11, 2022

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Jumping In.

Old Bunny, my daugther's primary plush.

Chili fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Feb 10, 2022

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

In with :toxx:, animal to come

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

Nae posted:

MUFFIN. SEBMOJO. YORUICHI. SITTING HERE.

Due to extraordinary circumstances, a domer has requested an extension. Now, I am normally a hateful judge, with a withered and black heart, but in the spirit of Valentine's Day, I am extending you all a One Week Extension!

You now have until February 20th at 11:59 PM PST to submit your stories to Chili, who will be posting them anonymously, as per the previous instructions.

Now, if you're reading this and don't need the extension and you're thinking "Nae you harlot, you she-devil, you have deprived me of the chance to write!", let me remind you that I'm ALSO the judge of this week's dome and you still have time to write about a plush friend! The choice is yours and yours alone..........

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Yeah I'm in, gimme something sassy

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

sebmojo posted:

Yeah I'm in, gimme something sassy

Oh you want sassy, do you? Have this extremely sassy dog, who has accompanied me on every trip I've ever been on--including a lot of wild midwest lakehouse parties in my twenties, where the liquor was flavored and bad.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
In.

Gimme a friend.

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

Bad Seafood posted:

In.

Gimme a friend.

Someone bought this teddy bear a laptop. Is he doomscrolling on it? Checking his stocks? Posting on somethingawful dot com? Perhaps he's buying NFTs. Who knows!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

In.

This is Foghorn. Foghorn's seen some poo poo.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

In. Give me a stuffed animal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

QuoProQuid posted:

In. Give me a stuffed animal.

This devoted pig was purchased from a Russian Build-a-Bear knock-off at the South Jersey Shore. Some have speculated he's ex-KGB; others say he might still serve...