Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot HD Radio was able to transmit album art along with the other metadata. I haven't listened to the actual radio in a car new enough to have that feature.

i had managed to go about a decade without listening to the radio in a car, so i was surprised to see it in my business partner's new hyundai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Jonny 290 posted:

would be cool if nhtsa banned all oem car tech capable of displaying anything except text in a car but i know that horse is long out of the barn

segmented led/lcd/vfd only

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

segmented vfd only
now we're talking cyberpunk

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

infernal machines posted:

segmented vfd only

the best display

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

without a doubt.

that very slight jitter on all the display segments because of the elements vibrating is just :kiss:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I picked up a dot matrix vfd at Active Surplus one time but of course had no controller chip or any idea how to make it work. was neat to look at though

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

ACRONYM (high-end tech clothing) dropped some new kicks today, and the gimmick is they have a swappable heel-plate that you can bolt on, based on the Bōsōzoku modding vibe:

https://acrnm.com/products/BLA-001_NA

they hosted an artists conference where they made the 3D model of the heel plate available and told the artists to go hog wild:

https://acronym-dynamics-lab.solebox.com

and I definitely want the booster jet plates running off a 3d printer

(also the design from Gianna Antonia looks enough like the original plates plus some bits on the front that it would be an easy way to cut back to a base plate to work on an original design from.)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Chris Knight posted:

I picked up a dot matrix vfd at Active Surplus one time but of course had no controller chip or any idea how to make it work. was neat to look at though

if you don't mind the lazy man's complete overkill, you can drive it from an rpi, probably without any adapters

man, i miss active surplus a lot. i used to go down a couple times a month just to wander around and see if anything caught my eye for a project. above all electronics is gone now too

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

that game owned so hard.

the remake/remaster/whatever added like a timer and other stupid stuff for no discernible reason. ruined it :(

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
havent thought of US GOLD in a long fuckin time

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

so i drive a honda accord but i have this loving thing on the hondalink called Aha Radio that wont loving go away. How do I get rid of it

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

gently caress yeah flashback

i remember being stuck at the beginning of level 2 for weeks because i didnt realize you could fire+tap direction to start running and he would autojump when approaching an overhead edge, i tried to time it with fire+hold direction and then go up to jump at the right time

this might have been explained in the manual but 100% of my amiga games were pirated

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

so i drive a honda accord but i have this loving thing on the hondalink called Aha Radio that wont loving go away. How do I get rid of it

buy a new car

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/theo_wayt/status/1491874861853126657?s=21

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
i honestly had not considered cyberhajj

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

true. is it possible to be further from god?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Truman Peyote posted:

true. is it possible to be further from god?

Could be jerking off while in VR.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Wondering how this may be due to Muslim travel not happening for 2 years which completely murdered the Saudi tourism industry

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Wondering how this may be due to Muslim travel not happening for 2 years which completely murdered the Saudi tourism industry

A pilgrimage company fighting with a vr pilgrimage company for butts on plane seats despite an ongoing global epidemic is very transmetropolitan

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Though forcing another person to dance for you is a classic villain move rooted in the folklore traditions of many cultures, these customers proceed to shamelessly post the evidence to social media.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

is this about making gig delivery workers dance for your doorbell camera cause im not into that

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

yeah

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yeah it's about how "delivery man caught on ring camera" is now a whole genre of tiktok, and amazon is encouraging it even though they're demeaning and often borderline (or not so borderline) abusive

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sounds like a great first cohort for the reeducation camps

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

fuckin barf

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

gently caress that noise

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
chapter 2: the power of incredible violence

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Kenny Logins posted:

chapter 2: the power of incredible violence

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

quote:

Punch lines have included everything from the driver skipping down a chalked hopscotch grid to getting violently attacked by the customer’s loose dogs.

Wouldn't super call that one a punchline, t b q h.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3c6BHNDC9Q

Camps

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

JDPON

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I’ll let the maoist-third worldist weirdos put a bullet in me if they’ll let me do the suburban middle class white evangelical cult families for them first

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Kazinsal posted:

I’ll let the maoist-third worldist weirdos put a bullet in me if they’ll let me do the suburban middle class white evangelical cult families for them first

you're not getting shot, you're getting dispersed to the oppressed nations to labor in service to them to repay your debt for oppressing them

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

carry on then posted:

you're not getting shot, you're getting dispersed to the oppressed nations to labor in service to them to repay your debt for oppressing them

Beats working helpdesk.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

carry on then posted:

it’s a good thing jdpon people don’t exist outside of internet echo chambers because given the choice between twenty years of mining lithium by hand for the crime of being a lower class computer toucher or a bullet I’d take the bullet

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Can we all shut the gently caress up about our particular micro sliver of maoism and all just hate the worker abusing for tiktok likes family for thirty loving seconds jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

Can we all shut the gently caress up about our particular micro sliver of maoism and all just hate the worker abusing for tiktok likes family for thirty loving seconds jesus christ