Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Others have so I guess I will: I've gotten a lot of help from the goon fund and I am super grateful but they have told me they're running short. I'm posting my venmo in case anyone else can help.

Venmo: $S-SHARPE

If you can help any other way PM me. I'm homeless and need money to keep my phone on and get food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014

Segata Sanshiro posted:

but they have told me they're running short.

I wonder if that's why I haven't heard back yet (It's been just over a week now). I am glad because that means lots of people have been getting the help they need!

With that, I am going to share my post again, as I was able to barely cover that 2nd half of Jans rent with Ubering but the first half of February's rent comes tomorrow which is going to make me overdrawn at least 450. Like I said, this is basically my last resort so anything helps if possible (Someone did send me 20 bucks, which I completely appreciate). I know the rules say not too share info here so I can delete if needed, and sorry for the double post : S

I feel like Russell Crowe in that scene in Cinderella Man where he goes to the Boxers Club and begs for money with his hat. Don't love doing it, but have nothing to lose at this point either hahaha.

thatfuturekid posted:

Hey everyone! Kind of coming here in desperation. I emailed already earlier this week but haven't heard back yet (No shade, I know Plinkey said they check it only a few times a week). I asked for around 500 to help cover the 2nd half of my Jan rent that's due tomorrow, that way I could be caught up in in time to then pay the first half of my Feb rent here next week.

Well, I has to overdraft my account about $120 to pay my car insurance that way I could still UBER to help make extra money for food/pet food/other bills coming up. If anyone is able to help that would be amazing. I was hoping to avoid this but as I said above, getting desperate and a little nervous and we really don't have other other options.

My Venmo is mitchpotato / PayPal paypal.me/mitchhayes1

Thank you so much in advance, and to everyone that donates in general. Really looking forward to being on the giving end here someday

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
So yes, it's a new month, but it was running short last month, and 250 or 500 bucks as a time is not what this fund was designed for. I'm sorry, that's not sustainable, its for like 50-100 bucks for food and stuff to feed yourself or your family.

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014

Plinkey posted:

So yes, it's a new month, but it was running short last month, and 250 or 500 bucks as a time is not what this fund was designed for. I'm sorry, that's not sustainable, its for like 50-100 bucks for food and stuff to feed yourself or your family.

Totally understand, I know it was a lot to ask but swung for the fences anyway haha! And sorry if it seems like I am pestering you, that is totally not my intent. I truly appreciate what you and everyone does.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

thatfuturekid posted:

Totally understand, I know it was a lot to ask but swung for the fences anyway haha! And sorry if it seems like I am pestering you, that is totally not my intent. I truly appreciate what you and everyone does.

i think i got you

also please donate, the fund runs out by like the 25th most months

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014

Plinkey posted:

i think i got you

also please donate, the fund runs out by like the 25th most months

I will for sure, hopefully later this month. I gotta figure this situation out first, but the upcoming tax return should normalize everything!

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

thatfuturekid posted:

I will for sure, hopefully later this month. I gotta figure this situation out first, but the upcoming tax return should normalize everything!

that wasn't directed at you sorry if it sounded like it was, it was for everyone

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Plinkey posted:

that wasn't directed at you sorry if it sounded like it was, it was for everyone

Upping my patreon donate from $5/mo to $10. Wish I could do more but that's all my budget can handle right now. This program helped me out when I wasn't able to pay my rent during the early days of the pandemic so I'll keep donating as long as I can.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
I don't know who here can use it, but I just got my $30 phone bill dropped to $0/mo with this: https://www.fcc.gov/acp

You need to meet one of their means testing requirements (i'm on SNAP, so i sent them a screenshot of my account details), income etc, but the response time was pretty fast.

Cricket cost me $30/mo and is now costing me zero, so there's that.

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
Sent an email, had an unexpected vet bill. Cat rear end is not okay.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Plinkey posted:

Well, we had a pretty great system going until it burned down into a pile of embers, but rising from that fire is this thread...the goon fund paetron.

https://www.patreon.com/goonfood

Plinkey, I’m trusting your judgment here, but why did I just get a notice that goon fund is a patron of a video game streamer (aclee)?

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

ulmont posted:

Plinkey, I’m trusting your judgment here, but why did I just get a notice that goon fund is a patron of a video game streamer (aclee)?

came here to ask that same thing

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

lol :same:

chupacabron
Oct 30, 2004

ulmont posted:

Cup of Hemlock posted:

came here to ask that same thing

Big same from me

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
I have to assume it was a mistake and they were trying to sub from their personal profile lol

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Thank you for help soonish. I appreciate it. Sorry about the confused emails.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ulmont posted:

gently caress off, its my own money, and onnly 7 bucks a month

write down good poo poo you do

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Thank you. May I request the usual monthly? And have fun with the video patreon.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Aerofallosov posted:

Thank you. May I request the usual monthly? And have fun with the video patreon.

like i told you before, yes, but the amount you've asked for is like over a grand

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Plinkey posted:

like i told you before, yes, but the amount you've asked for is like over a grand

I'm sorry. I appreciate it. I will wait quietly. I hope you're okay.

Aerofallosov has issued a correction as of 05:20 on Feb 10, 2022

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ulmont posted:

shut the gently caress up, im not acllee

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Plinkey posted:

shut the gently caress up, im not acllee

Are you feeling okay? And sorry, I didn't see anything and got worried. A small patreon doesn't seem like such a biggie when so many of us look to Plinkey. I had no idea it was so bad. I am truly grateful for whatever you send. I'm going to try to be more independent and cross my fingers for disability.

That said, I am sorry for being a mooch. I wish disability were faster. I can post a screenshot if you like it. But I really appreciate the kindness. I'm working through mturk and maybe fiverr or onlyfans. I'll keep my eyes open and post my disability page progress, but the site closed until 8AM.

Aerofallosov has issued a correction as of 07:09 on Feb 10, 2022

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

edit: nvm, thought through it all, please ignore this post

my cat is norris has issued a correction as of 15:09 on Feb 10, 2022

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
aclee is a streamer who sends out links to PPVs and other events, sometimes people simulcast them through discord for everyone to watch, it's a lil community service, people should chill imo

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

smarxist posted:

aclee is a streamer who sends out links to PPVs and other events, sometimes people simulcast them through discord for everyone to watch, it's a lil community service, people should chill imo

Unless I'm missing things happening elsewhere, people who were asking, "hey what's this" seemed chill in comparison to the,

Plinkey posted:

gently caress off, its my own money, and onnly 7 bucks a month

write down good poo poo you do

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yeah... Plinkey might have some poo poo going on idk, I'm just speaking on what i know

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

7 dollars is barely a drop in a bucket. He seems a little out of sorts, so I hope he's okay. I even still am working on his hat.

vvvv Edit: That could be true, too.

Aerofallosov has issued a correction as of 20:34 on Feb 11, 2022

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Aerofallosov posted:

7 dollars is barely a drop in a bucket. He seems a little out of sorts, so I hope he's okay. I even still am working on his hat.

In any organization, if there's an odd or atypical transaction done and when pointed out the reaction is, "gently caress off I do what I want, anyway it's little," it's a red flag.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

HelloSailorSign posted:

In any organization, if there's an odd or atypical transaction done and when pointed out the reaction is, "gently caress off I do what I want, anyway it's little," it's a red flag.

^this 1000%

plinkey what kind of gaming rig do you have? how much of the goon fund have you gambled away?

also when you're asking goons to donate to a fund under the guise of "helping other goons" (a noble cause IMO) it doesn't matter how much you're putting in, it is absolutely NOT your money. Subscribe to weird gaming steamers with your personal account all you want, but don't throw a loving temper tantrum when you're called out for using goon funds for it. Especially while simultaneously lecturing posters for asking for too much.

Previa_fun has issued a correction as of 02:36 on Feb 12, 2022

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

dude

Barnum Brown Shoes has issued a correction as of 03:09 on Feb 12, 2022

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i know first hand Plinkey takes a pretty decent hit to his own income to run the GoonFund, turning it into a charity apparently would have cost more in the long term, so everything that comes in hits his own personal taxes, also he goes into the red pretty much every month and covers people

would it be cool if it was some fukken perfectly ran thing yeah i guess, but as it stands, it's probably doing the most good it can without turning into someone's 20+ hour a week job

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

smarxist posted:

i know first hand Plinkey takes a pretty decent hit to his own income to run the GoonFund, turning it into a charity apparently would have cost more in the long term, so everything that comes in hits his own personal taxes, also he goes into the red pretty much every month and covers people

:thunk:

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

HelloSailorSign posted:

yeah, it's 7 dollars, i had a rough week, i promise that i'll pay it back every month, that's how patreon works, they take it from your account before your credit card

i promise you that 7 bucks wont make a difference

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Previa_fun posted:

^this 1000%

plinkey what kind of gaming rig do you have? how much of the goon fund have you gambled away?

also when you're asking goons to donate to a fund under the guise of "helping other goons" (a noble cause IMO) it doesn't matter how much you're putting in, it is absolutely NOT your money. Subscribe to weird gaming steamers with your personal account all you want, but don't throw a loving temper tantrum when you're called out for using goon funds for it. Especially while simultaneously lecturing posters for asking for too much.

i know, it's our money

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I think i got everyone that requested from the past week

you dont know how loving depressing running this is, i get 10 paragraphs of someone that needs 10 grand or something, that's not what it is set up for, im sorry, its like 50-75 bucks to buy food

i guarantee you that im not stockpiling goonfund monay

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Previa_fun posted:

^this 1000%

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
Does CYBERPOWER suck or not suck? I'm sort of looking in the direction of a new computer myself.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gynovore posted:

Does CYBERPOWER suck or not suck? I'm sort of looking in the direction of a new computer myself.

you'll need an m.2 and more ram

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

its not false

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

I'm absolutely terrible at search, but I thought you had done the work to get Totally Official Non-Profit status done with free help from lawyer friend? That would make you, as potentially an employee of said nonprofit, above board and would make total sense for you to get paid for the massed amounts of work that you do to run this.

It is not the amount that's the issue, it's that it's a tale as old as time of, "it's just little, I'll pay it back" then turns into, "and that's why I pull $500 out twice a month and then tried to delete the transaction history and when people asked for updates or what was going on I said I was stressed out or busy or the financial report was Coming Soon(tm) for 3 years."