Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Active town here pushes the game towards the case that active town believes is the strongest one to exist. I have seen Shell do this as town in other games.

Here, however, Shell doesn't want to move the needle. In a kind of lurky game, why would active scum do anything other than let town walk into elimination of town, which it what this Akay elimination feels like to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
This is a piss poor cooking showing for me in a Cookfia, but it's all I got here on this day 1. I bought ingredients to do the filo thing (if alive, I will do it tomorrow) but ended up not having time to do it tonight.

Here is my season creation. It is simple, but it is what we all should be doing in the winter months when you do not want to get out of the house. Hot coffee done right.

https://i.imgur.com/Fdi6yeD.mp4

Strange Brew is a local coffee house here in Greenwood, IN. Their "Holiday Grogg" was available in late December and has been my go to home brew. I encourage you to visit their website and order some beans!

Steps:
1. Heat your water. I use a basic $11 electric skillet that I got on Amazon. It has worked for 3+ years without issue. Don't be dumb and be that person who thinks you need to boil distilled water or something. Those people suck.
2. Measure your beans. I like between 17-18g for my strength.
3. Grind your beans. This is a big deal. I am not a coffee snob, but there is definitely a taste difference between freshly ground beans and ground beans in a bag. This Capresso grinder thing was relatively cheap and has worked, again, for 3+ years without issue.
4. Throw the ground coffee into your Aeropress over your coffee cup.
5. Bloom the ground coffee with scalding hot water. What this means is that you put a small amount of scalding water over the ground coffee for 20 seconds or so. You will see biggish bubbles come off the grounds which is CO2 (I think? I don't know) bubbling off that gives kind of bitter taste if you don't get rid of it.
6. After blooming, slowly pour more scalding hot water over the coffee until it fills up. Let it sink in a bit after filling and then put more water in to get a bigger cup. The Aeropress is great, but it doesn't make enough coffee for me without doing this step.
7. Top the Aeropress to seep the poo poo for exactly one minute.
8. Push down on the Aeropress plunger into your cup slowly.
9. Drink and be merry.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
My next real life week is theoretically less busy...

Watch that get blown up before Monday morning even starts.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I don't understand the Chic case.
I strongly believe the Akay case is eliminating town. That is a strong gut read.

Shell is the scum here watching us implode.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I can just see the scum chat line: "None of us are in danger today."

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
YOU ARE NOW, SHELL

YOU ARE IN DANGER

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sure I’m convinced ##vote shell

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Not convinced yet, but I definitely know about bear claws

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal Insandenza posted:

Not convinced yet, but I definitely know about bear claws

Ok but do they have poppy seeds or almonds where you are?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

Ok but do they have poppy seeds or almonds where you are?

almonds for sure, never seen ones with poppy seeds but yours look good and I would try it

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Akay (3): Voodoofly, Maerlyn, Shellception
Shellception (2): merk, Opopanax
Chic Trombone (2): Voodoofly, hambeet, Maerlyn, Tobbs Gnawed, Voodoofly, Maerlyn
Tobbs Gnawed (1): hambeet, hambeet, Chic Trombone
Bifauxnen (1): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Ignatius M. Meen
merk (1): Hal Insandenza, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Ignatius M. Meen (1): Bifauxnen
Maerlyn (0): hambeet, hambeet
ObamaAkbar. (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
Opopanax (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly

Not Voting (4): Akay, CirclMastr, GenericGirlName, ObamaAkbar.

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 12th, 2022 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 hours, 34 minutes.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Bear claws are good but this is the first I've heard of them with poppyseeds personally!

merk posted:

Strange Brew is a local coffee house here in Greenwood, IN. Their "Holiday Grogg" was available in late December and has been my go to home brew. I encourage you to visit their website and order some beans!

I will have to try them next time I'm down that direction, love some good local coffee

re: your case, I'm kinda ambivalent on it because I'm so far out of the loop on any kind of 'meta' right now since I literally haven't played in multiple years, but I can see your point about them seeming like they don't want to make waves. I'd personally prefer Tobbs or Arkay at this point

which reminds me, ##vote Arkay

we are 2.5 hours or so from deadline i think

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

oh merk also the next time you're up in Fishers you should try The Well Coffeehouse, I like their stuff a lot. they don't do a lot of blends per se but their beans are good

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Rather dunk Akay than Shell, have a strong town read on Shell.

##vote Akay

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Apparently one recipe can't be two things so I came up with something for Super Bowl season, some buffalo chicken meatballs

I had to get some ground chicken but everything else was already in the kitchen.

Minced up the veggies and garlic and mixed them in with the chicken and the egg and some panko and hot sauce. Definitely a nasty consistency and I did not love having to make all the balls.

In retrospect I should have made them football shaped, but here they are with a celery toothpick, some bleu cheese and a "dipping sauce" of equal parts butter and hot sauce.

I also had some ground sausage so I did this same recipe with that and it turned out better than I had expected. Plenty left for the game tomorrow too. Not pictured are the guacamole, deviled egg pasta salad and some not very good salsa I also made for the game. Well really for the commercials.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Rather dunk Akay than Shell, have a strong town read on Shell.

##vote Akay

I don't have a super town read on shell but Akay has scummy vibes and I agree that the appearance after being called out is fishy. Plus no cooking.

I would also be okay with meen, bif's thing feels like a bit of a stretch but alright for D1

##vote akay

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I cannot throw stones about cooking personally but hopefully I'll be able to actually summon energy to get out to grocery shop tomorrow to rectify that

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I won’t vote Akay.

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

Chic Trombone posted:

Anyone else find it odd Akay suddenly showed up immediately - like, per timestamps less than ten minutes - after two votes were dropped on them?

I woke up. Deadline is today.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Votecount for Day 1

Akay (6): Voodoofly, Maerlyn, Shellception, Chic Trombone, Tobbs Gnawed, Hal Insandenza
Chic Trombone (1): Voodoofly, hambeet, Maerlyn, Tobbs Gnawed, Voodoofly, Maerlyn, Tobbs Gnawed
Tobbs Gnawed (0): hambeet, hambeet, Chic Trombone, Chic Trombone
merk (0): Hal Insandenza, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Hal Insandenza

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 12th, 2022 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 hours, 14 minutes.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I have no read on akay and will switch if needed

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

Chic Trombone posted:

Bear claws are good but this is the first I've heard of them with poppyseeds personally!

I will have to try them next time I'm down that direction, love some good local coffee

re: your case, I'm kinda ambivalent on it because I'm so far out of the loop on any kind of 'meta' right now since I literally haven't played in multiple years, but I can see your point about them seeming like they don't want to make waves. I'd personally prefer Tobbs or Arkay at this point

which reminds me, ##vote Arkay

we are 2.5 hours or so from deadline i think

Akay. Not Arkay, fix your vote!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Akay posted:

That's just one if your aliases now Arkay

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

I won’t vote Akay.

How do you feel about meen

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Akay posted:

Sorry :( ##vote Akay

Better?

Akay
Apr 7, 2009
Since Ill probably go down for Day 1 I may as well post reads on everyone so you all have them for tomorrow.
Player List

[*]Akay (She/Her)
- Town? yeah. Probably Town. wait, Definitely town. Also, is me.

[*]Bifauxnen (surprise me)
Leaning Town - Seems straightforward, doesn't seem to be trying to derail or head off conversations. Seems Genuine!

[*]Chic Trombone (He/Him)
Not Sure - Undecided. Seems to be fine pushing a lurker lynch but doesn't seem to be interested in much else. Neutral.

[*]CirclMastr
Not Sure - Leaning scummy - Looks to be coasting on the mafia part of the game, interested in the cooking part. Looks more active then actually is because of this.

[*]GenericGirlName
Not Sure - Leaning scummy - Same reasons as Circl - More interested in the Cooking then the Mafia for content. One "Content" post actually... isnt? just three quotes and meta-context about peoples plans.

[*]Hal Insandenza (he/him/hal)
Leaning Town - Nothing hes posted has struck me as scummy.

[*]hambeet (he/him)
Probably Town - Mostly meta read off of last game.

[*]Ignatius M. Meen
No Idea - Neeeeeeeutralish. Would love more posts, seems to post calling out other people to post more.

[*]Maerlyn (she/her)
Probably Town - Active, seems to be interested in finding scum. Kind of a lazy jump on me though

[*]merk (he/him)
Leaning Town - Mostly gut

[*]ObamaAkbar. (He/him)
Probably Town - Focusing more on reads then others - seems interested in posting reads.

[*]Opopanax (He/him/opop)
Leaning Scum - Content Missing! posts, no real gameplay effort.

[*]Shellception (She/her)
Leaning Town - Mostly gut, though that failed me miserably last game with her?

[*]Tobbs Gnawed
Neutral - Is reading about the same to me as last game but last game I only voted out of process of elimination and a slip-up.

[*]Voodoofly (He/Him/Whatever)
Leaning Town - Dont think hes scum, mostly. Playing relatively simple to what ive seen town Voodoo play.[/list=1]

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

Chic Trombone posted:

Sorry :( ##vote Akay

Better?

Yes. Well, more accurate!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

man i have not seen a d1 lumpen in yonks

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i'm cooling on the akay i think it's gotten up too easy

interested in the shell case, i liked that from merk, but a couple of people seem solid on shell being town?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

christ how much time is left

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Votecount for Day 1

Akay (6): Voodoofly, Maerlyn, Shellception, Chic Trombone, Tobbs Gnawed, Hal Insandenza, Chic Trombone, Chic Trombone
Chic Trombone (1): Voodoofly, hambeet, Maerlyn, Tobbs Gnawed, Voodoofly, Maerlyn, Tobbs Gnawed
Tobbs Gnawed (0): hambeet, hambeet, Chic Trombone, Chic Trombone
merk (0): Hal Insandenza, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Hal Insandenza

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 12th, 2022 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 49 minutes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh akay is -1 and there's like 30 mins left i think?

okay i'm happy to hammer akay because i think there's not much chance to swing shell

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh nearly 2 hours phew. i misread the earlier post time stamp and forgot about daylight savings.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

and -2.

##vote shell

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Insandenza posted:

How do you feel about meen

You, me, and Beet would be 3/8. Not impossible but looks like it might not be happening today.

Akay posted:

[*]Bifauxnen (surprise me)
Leaning Town - Seems straightforward, doesn't seem to be trying to derail or head off conversations. Seems Genuine!

Lol ok I'm totally down with this now, no one should actually be able to tell I'm town yet

Just noticed it's -1 though so I'll wait and hammer later if needed

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’m just not seeing what people are seeing in shell I guess

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

that's just your scum chat bias

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

hambeet posted:

man i have not seen a d1 lumpen in yonks

I'm going to be honest I literally almost called it a LumpenList™ but i'm assuming mooooost people wont know what that is.

Akay
Apr 7, 2009
I don't really want to ##vote Shell but, I know im town and I can't guarantee that for her so... if that's the other option it's the other option.

Sandicap has my recipe for my flip should it come to it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akay
Apr 7, 2009
Oh, Right, ##vote Shell