Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I enjoyed Mildred ThoughtSlime and Sophie from Mars watching through the Cryptoland video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBz3o_RO0sU

this was a good watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

EorayMel posted:

Debate and/or Discuss.

it’s been well over a decade since I first saw goons use this on dupes in EVE.

I wonder how many of these idiots just never learn their lesson

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

new dupes with new money!

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Considering how much of a libertarian wet dream EVE was many of them could be the same people

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Taerkar posted:

Considering how much of a libertarian wet dream EVE was many of them could be the same people

Eve ended up being a place where the space communists won, interestingly

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
New soft fot

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

Potato Salad posted:

Eve ended up being a place where the space communists won, interestingly

which is why goonswarm owns bones. Busting in and showing why the immortal science of marxism is still entirely correct about material forces

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I have funged your ape
pray that I don't funge it further

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I enjoyed Mildred ThoughtSlime and Sophie from Mars watching through the Cryptoland video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBz3o_RO0sU

quoting to bookmark

I'll give this a watch soon

:tipshat:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
stop all the FUD*

* Fungibles U Dislike

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/thomasg_eth/status/1492663194837528578

" a DAO working to build open-source VTOL aircraft and air taxi protocol" lmao

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

"I am the CEO of a patent troll entity that exists to sit on cash that can't be used for other purposes for one reason or another, so I got harvested"

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Chris Knight posted:

https://twitter.com/thomasg_eth/status/1492663194837528578

" a DAO working to build open-source VTOL aircraft and air taxi protocol" lmao

everyone in this story is a grifter but only the scammer is conscious enough to know how the game should be played

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i'm using an expensive, wasteful computer to write protocols no one will use for a concept that certainly won't exist in my lifetime if ever

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
https://twitter.com/winocm/status/1492631336858767362?s=20&t=eTr8BFqaMdQEsTbeUfye1A

it is a horrible night to have a curse.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Boxturret posted:

new dupes with new money!

There's one minted every minute.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

i'm using an expensive, wasteful computer to write protocols no one will use for a concept that certainly won't exist in my lifetime if ever

don't worry, he claims he's gonna build something to use that protocol

https://twitter.com/thomasg_eth/status/1469839365014794244
https://twitter.com/thomasg_eth/status/1469839368328200193
https://twitter.com/thomasg_eth/status/1469839370987483139

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

rofll

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
"Fly between any two points on Earth, using open source hardware from a global team"

holy poo poo

they are going to kill people with this project

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

neutral milf hotel posted:

"Fly between any two points on Earth, using open source hardware from a global team"

holy poo poo

they are going to kill people with this project

No. They are not actually going to build anything.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Paladinus posted:

No. They are not actually going to build anything.

correct

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

so where did block chain come in lol, was the software gonna run on eth

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

how does every crypto "project" manage to undercut the last in being so clueless about so many diverse fields at the same time

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

so where did block chain come in lol, was the software gonna run on eth

it was a "distributed autonomous organization" which basically means they sold tokens for voting rights in their totally gonna happen sky taxi project

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

lucky for us complex fully automated factories just sprout up from the earth, fully formed

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Boxturret posted:

lucky for us complex fully automated factories just sprout up from the earth, fully formed

No, of course not. First, they'll need to vote to have them sprout up from the earth, and then the smart contract will make it real.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

lmao @ unironically using popular mechanics covers to make a point about your fantasy technology.

imagine how naive you would have to be to look at a half century of this nonsense and say "yeah, but i'm going to get it right"

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

people wondering why flying cars aren't a thing when the sisko already answered it over 2 decades ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzm6pvHPSGo

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Boxturret posted:

people wondering why flying cars aren't a thing when the sisko already answered it over 2 decades ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzm6pvHPSGo

the answer was unfortunately not lotus

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

kw0134 posted:

how does every crypto "project" manage to undercut the last in being so clueless about so many diverse fields at the same time

"How hard can it be? We're really smart and we'll figure it out quickly!"

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

see the reason we don't have flying cars is because no one ever tried to get funding and actually make them yet

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

i would question the "we're really smart" but lots of dunning-kruger people have been parading their whole rear end in public for a long time.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

you just have to be deluded enough to look at something that's existed for decades as an idea and think that the only reason it isn't real yet is that no one's tried yet and that you're the first one smart enough to

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Boxturret posted:

you just have to be deluded enough to look at something that's existed for decades as an idea and think that the only reason it isn't real yet is that no one's tried yet and that you're the first one smart enough to

no see they're the first ones to try to do it open sourced, that was the missing magic ingredient this whole time

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

the first time it's a tragedy, when it repeats it's a farce, the six hundredth time it goes to self-parody

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

HappyHippo posted:

no see they're the first ones to try to do it open sourced, that was the missing magic ingredient this whole time

That's because they were dumb and didn't understand reality like we do! We're self sufficient libertarians and won't be held back!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

no one was smart enough to realise that to cut back on assembly costs you just have to make a magic building that does it all for free!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

the faa is totally fine with anyone just flying things wherever with minimal approval. i'm sure other nations' regulatory agencies are similarly lenient on this sort of thing, so i see no particular hurdles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
don't worry, it's decentralized