Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Parrotine posted:

That's not Vergil's real theme, this one is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_kB97VrKBA

They've played it in every Vergil reveal trailer since 3.

Look man Vergil 2's main riff is fuckin legendary but Bury the Light is ludicrous; it's got lyrics and poo poo plus the whole guitar solo at the end that just has me marking out every drat time I hear it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I like his song in 5, it is good! It's a personal choice really, I'd rather prefer a score over a song, that usually helps me get in a better combat groove with these kinds of games.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
‘Bury the Light’ has been called “the best original song in video games” by multiple composers and producers, it’s an extremely impressive piece of music and fully contributes to Vergil’s character development, IMO, as much as any of his visual design.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Bust Rodd posted:

‘Bury the Light’ has been called “the best original song in video games” by multiple composers and producers

I think this says more about how multiple composers and producers see themselves as emo anime villains than anything else.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

No it's legit a great song. From the writing to the singing to the composition.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I bought the Vergil DLC but am yet to play it however last week I listened to Bury the Light like 5 times in an hour because it whips.

I'll add that this kind of emo metal is very much not my vibe too.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

So I've been watching some of the things you can pull off in the the other titles I hadn't tried out yet, did some digging into 4 to see what that was all about. You could play as five different characters in the SE of 4? That's pretty wild, would be ballin to see that come back again in a future title.

Fortunately for me since 4 came out something like a decade ago it's given players a comfortable amount of time to master the combat system and my god did some players push that concept to the limit. There's this bit at the 11:35 mark in the video below where the Lady player flat. goes. OFF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jYX_gTwBgU

That's gotta be the de-facto Merriam-Webster definition of Overkill if I ever saw one :suspense:

Also I'm not sure why but the final segment with the whole cast taking on three Credos was full-on Looney Tunes, makes me want to see a four-player DMC game.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
A "selection" of the DMC 5 soundtrack is available on steam for $11. It's mainly tracks for Vergil and V so no Devil Trigger or Silver Bullet unfortunately.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1426700/Devil_May_Cry_5_Vergils_Rebirth_Sound_Selection/

quote:

Devil May Cry 5 SE Titlescreen
BATTLE-1 (VERGIL) from Devil May Cry 3 SE
Beowulf Battle
Let's just see (Devil May Cry 5 SE Edit)
Devils Never Cry HR/HM Ver. (Devil May Cry 5 SE Edit)
Enjoy the Taste of Despair! (V Mission Start)
Crimson Cloud (Game Edit)
Unbearable Pressure
Unavoidable Despair
Unwavering Bravery
Undeniable Fate
The Duel
Wake your fury and wait in hell (Vergil Mission Start)
Bury the Light (Game Edit)
Crimson Cloud
Bury the Light

Dol
Feb 16, 2007

Excellent news!

I'd been waiting for a lossless version of Bury the Light.

edit: I can't spell.

Dol fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Apr 14, 2021

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
today I learned if you do Buster Arm break age on Vergil in mission 20 with the right circumstances you slam his own doppelganger clone into him

it's pretty dope

well, bye

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

today I learned if you do Buster Arm break age on Vergil in mission 20 with the right circumstances you slam his own doppelganger clone into him

it's pretty dope

well, bye

Did you also know that doing it is what makes the lyrics kick in?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Yeah you're meant to do it with the Devil Bringer on your first playthrough. The intent is pretty clearly for you to see the non-DT'd buster, see it again for both Nero and Vergil DT'd, and also to see the doppelganger buster. The fight is paced to give you all those opportunities.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
You can do it as long as Vergil has his doppelganger out and Nero is DT’d, it’s supposed to be an extension of how Nero can hold one enemy with regular Buster and two with DT Buster.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
You can also Suplex rear end in a top hat Weeb Dad if you time it right with his dive bomb ultimate to catch him. Super tight timing and you're extremely eating poo poo if you miss it tho

vvvvv: Touche

Alkarl fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 9, 2021

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Alkarl posted:

You can also Suplex rear end in a top hat Weeb Dad if you time it right with his dive bomb ultimate to catch him. Super tight timing and you're extremely eating poo poo if you miss it tho

The timing isn't any more tight than returning Credo's spear in 4.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Peewi posted:

Did you also know that doing it is what makes the lyrics kick in?

I'm on DMD and literally didn't see that animation until now, actually

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Peewi posted:

The timing isn't any more tight than returning Credo's spear in 4.

Or bustering the stab at the end of 4, which I didn't even realize was optional for years.

Nero has a lot of active frames on his buster, you have to throw it out a bit earlier than you think and let them run into it.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
With Vergil it appears that some moves have two opportunities for getting a perfect judgement cut. The first being quicker and using the normal timing of holding the button and releasing just as the "charge" occurs. The second is holding the charge and not releasing until the moment when Vergil completes his sheathing animation. The second one is significant because it allows you to gain DT for letting Vergil sheathe as well as allowing perfect judgement cuts to be performed. I used to think that judgements cuts and sheathing were mutually exclusive. The three moves that I'm absolutely certain exhibit this behavior are Rapid Slash, Void Slash, and Aerial Cleave.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
To my understanding, literally every animation Vergil has that ends with him sheathing Yamato (including taunts, and including things like the Mirage Edge combo that uses Yamato) can be chained into a Judgement Cut.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I've gotten a perfect judgment cut off of the show me your motivation taunt and it's a good feeling.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike

Tarezax posted:

I've gotten a perfect judgment cut off of the show me your motivation taunt and it's a good feeling.

It's very satisfying, in a " show me urs and I'll show u mine" kind of way. It owns.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.polygon.com/tv/2018/11/16/18098611/devil-may-cry-animated-series-adi-shankar

I wonder where in the timeline the anime will be.
Probably adaptation of Visions of V?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

It'll be a long time till we get DMC 6, and you'll never get to experience DMC 1, 3, 4, 5 from scratch again, but you can enjoy someone else doing so. This showed up in my youtube recommendeds. The series really grows on her and I have to say, I'm not sure I've ever seen someone so fully enjoy a series.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

K8.0 posted:

It'll be a long time till we get DMC 6, and you'll never get to experience DMC 1, 3, 4, 5 from scratch again, but you can enjoy someone else doing so. This showed up in my youtube recommendeds. The series really grows on her and I have to say, I'm not sure I've ever seen someone so fully enjoy a series.

Oh hey, I randomly saw her DMC5 "don't worry, I'll be gentle" clip. That was amusing.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I was planning to buy Vergil dlc since I never tried it.

Is it the entire base game missions but with Vergil?I didn't like switching characters because it messed up my flow.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

WaltherFeng posted:

I was planning to buy Vergil dlc since I never tried it.

Is it the entire base game missions but with Vergil?I didn't like switching characters because it messed up my flow.

Yes. The only difference is that he has a different final boss but otherwise it's only Vergil.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok, so I've decided I wanna Platinum DMCV. I'm a big boi and I really wanna become a Truestyle Overlord. I currently have Vergil parked at Dante on Dante Must Die on my PS5, with Son of Sparda clears for the three amigos.

How do I absolutely destroy DMD Dante as Virgil? What am I supposed to be doing to Dante to lock him out? Is his SIN devil trigger form just a big game of keep away? I feel like I can make up my own combos pretty good enough, but the stuff that I used to carry me through DMD is just flat out not working on Dante.

I tried looking up "Best Virgil Combos" or "S-Rank with Virgil" videos on Youtube but i cannot find anyone whose doing, like, slow combo breakdowns that teach you how to chain. I've been practicing the poo poo out of Jump and Switch cancelling and and can really feel my Just Judgement Cut timing coming back, but I'm just not sure exactly how to break off this plateau to the ultimate Virgil.

I'll learn the Rowdy Rough Boys and S rank the game with them, after Vergil, but I'm too obsessed with his perfect move kit to want to play as anyone else.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
I can offer no advice but agree after using Vergil it’s tough to go back to any other character.

Maybe try spamming the gauntlet jump parry move on Dante.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Super late but honestly, once you figure out Vergil vs. Dante, it's one of the simplest boss fights in the series due in part to how ludicrously powerful Vergil is. IMO the things you want to know:

1) Dante has hyper armor out the rear end. Do not attack him until you are certain his combos are over or you know you can force a clash (for example, Mirage Edge Stinger vs Cavalier charge will proc a clash). This applies doubly when his DT/melee SDT modes are on.

2) His combos, in turn, are very predictable and easy to dodge through. His combos only get real tricky once you get him to rage mode, which is around a quarter/third of his health left. Even then, you can output so much damage that it's pretty easy to breeze through his final phase or even just skip it entirely with your super moves (Hell on Earth lol).

3) While you should dodge through his melee SDT attacks, he has a specific ranged chain in SDT that you can knock him out of. It's the one where he flies straight up, floats a bit, then starts throwing fireballs and ending with the Luce swarm. Spamming the poo poo out of perfect Judgement Cuts while he's loving around and not attacking yet will end up damaging him plenty and knocking him out of the attack. If you don't want to do that, dodge-spamming this phase is easy DT meter and probably enough to let you charge your own DT.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Yeah i recently went back for some achievement hunting and one of them is to beat Vergil with no continues. I was overconfident in myself having just beat DMD with Vergil so i went back to it to "clean it up" and even now Vergil is the much harder boss fight! It took me like 3 tries to get it right!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKKnUkhjJ8o

I’m trying to S Rank DMD with Vergil and Nidhogg was my biggest roadblock up until now. I really hadn’t explored Sin Devil Trigger before today but I spent the afternoon really leveling up my gameplay and I am working my way to Dante

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Aug 25, 2021

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://youtu.be/wew95WMgj_Q?list=TLGGOtltp_aFmoMyMTEwMjAyMQ

Anyone here wants to buy a high detail 1/2 scale dante statue for 4300$?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Help! I can't for the life of me figure out what Dante's final ability is? It's stuck at 85% but I have no idea what to do since I've purchased everything on that board. Is this a bug? If not, what is the last ability, the wiki isn't pulling up poo poo

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Parrotine posted:

Help! I can't for the life of me figure out what Dante's final ability is? It's stuck at 85% but I have no idea what to do since I've purchased everything on that board. Is this a bug? If not, what is the last ability, the wiki isn't pulling up poo poo

IIRC it's Full Custom, the ability to customize his loadout without any restrictions. Equip Rebellion, Sparda, or unequip every weapon.
Don't quite remember how to get it though. Win his post-credit scene? Beat Son of Sparda maybe? Something like that.

Tiriganiaq
Feb 21, 2012
Its beat sos yeah

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Thank you very much, it was driving me crazy!

EDIT: Oh my god I got this new tool with Nero called a Devil Buster and it loving slaps goddamn :dogstare:

EDIT: fuckin :laffo: you can Three Stooges vergil and his echo/stand in a fight with Nero's buster moves

White Light fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 16, 2022

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Accidentally discovered what the "Don't you dare say it...Jackpot!" scene sounds like in the japanese dub and...it wasn't what i expected.

https://youtu.be/rQEZ5BEEORg

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
This came up in my YouTube feed while doomscrolling and the intro pulled me out of my haze like “wtf am I listening to?” and holy poo poo this person is a mutant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXj84vcoJ7s

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The PS5 version is under £20 for the summer sale, are the turbo mode plus LDK mode and graphical enhancements worth that much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pierson posted:

The PS5 version is under £20 for the summer sale, are the turbo mode plus LDK mode and graphical enhancements worth that much?

Yes.