Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Is this like a FAQ about jelqing? Asking for a friend.

Just Asking Questions. Though Adams might jelq. Who know. Can't prove that he doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Asterite34 posted:

Man I'm glad Neal Adams is merely the kind of crazy where he doesn't believe in plate tectonics but is otherwise not a huge weird rear end in a top hat as far as I know

Batman Odyssey was weird as hell but in a fun way.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

pentyne posted:

Can't imagine why a company with official designs like this would take an extremely aggressive approach to fan works after 2016.

Well, to be frank, that's closer to WWI French military-style.

So, you know, barely a skip away from the fascists proper.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Batman Odyssey was weird as hell but in a fun way.

Was that the one with Batman using guns, fighting dinosaurs in a hollow Earth and incredible facial expressions?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Samovar posted:

Was that the one with Batman using guns, fighting dinosaurs in a hollow Earth and incredible facial expressions?

Yes. Also a lot of it narrated by shirtless and hairy Bruce Wayne looking directly at the reader.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Yes. Also a lot of it narrated by shirtless and hairy Bruce Wayne looking directly at the reader.

Oh gently caress yeah narrative framework me daddy

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
At some point something clicked and Batman Odyssey started to make sense and I'm not sure what that says about me.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Linkara's got a pretty good ongoing series about it if you want to check that out. It seems a bit acid-dream-y.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Oh it's crazier than that even

The in-universe person he's telling this story to is Clark Kent

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Asterite34 posted:

They've had a couple wines, the fire's burned down to flickering embers on the hearth

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Brawnfire posted:

They've had a couple wines, the fire's burned down to flickering embers on the hearth

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Frank Miller has a lot to answer for for basically being a fascist, but his biggest comic crime is perpetuating the idea that Clark and Bruce aren't besties.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

"It's okay, Alfred. I heard him with my super hearing. I'm Superman."
"We know."

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Samovar posted:

Helmet is definitely :godwin: though, not even WWI German (rounder, smaller neck flare) but a full on nazi helmet.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Neito posted:

Frank Miller has a lot to answer for for basically being a fascist, but his biggest comic crime is perpetuating the idea that Clark and Bruce aren't besties.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

The Tom King run on Batman started good but then it just went up it's own rear end. That's pretty much a lot of modern comic book runs though .

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

drat Supes' hands are loving huge

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

drat Supes' hands are loving huge

Super-sized :dadjoke:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Neito posted:

From that panel alone I started hearing Cry by Carly RJ.

Probably not what's intended.

PharmerBoy
Jul 21, 2008

Samovar posted:

Was this supposed to be a pun?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

rodbeard posted:

Neil Gaiman left his wife for a fan that mailed him nude photos and seemed genuinely shocked it did not work out.

Yuck, lol

Learning more about him has been consistently disappointing lmao

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

PharmerBoy posted:

Was this supposed to be a pun?

No the blue overcoat is just like a French infantry uniform from late WWI.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I think the "to be frank" part... Unless I'm missing another :thejoke:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

Yuck, lol

Learning more about him has been consistently disappointing lmao

The fan was Amanda Palmer.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

I AM GRANDO posted:

The fan was Amanda Palmer.
The lemonade/iced tea heiress?

Le Faye Morgaine
Feb 1, 2022
That dead chick from twin peaks?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Le Faye Morgaine posted:

That dead chick from twin peaks?

That was Laura Palmer

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Randalor posted:

That was Laura Palmer

The main guy from Night Vale?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Randalor posted:

That was Laura Palmer

I feel like she knows her, but sometimes her arms bend back

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

NorgLyle posted:

I read two of his Dilbert prose books back in the 90s and I still remember a chapter where he set out to disprove gravity. Or, I guess, present an alternate theory that would explain everything just as well and it was hilariously obvious that he didn't understand anything about gravity beyond 'things fall down'.

That one wasn't so dumb--it was just a thought experiment about what if the earth and everything on it doubled in size every ten seconds, which pushed everything together, which would supposedly have the same effect as gravity. Some thing that just might make you go whoa if you're stoned. I think the purpose was to prime the reader's mind for a looser interpretation of the immutable laws of physics... since the next chapter, IIRC, was about how you can make things happen by just imagining/wanting them to happen. I think he argued that this was the main method he used to become the most successful comic strip artist of the 90s.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Mescal posted:

I think the purpose was to prime the reader's mind for a looser interpretation of the immutable laws of physics... since the next chapter, IIRC, was about how you can make things happen by just imagining/wanting them to happen. I think he argued that this was the main method he used to become the most successful comic strip artist of the 90s.

Sounds like Cosmic Ordering.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
His gravity stuff was pretty dumb even before he doubled down on insisting it was a fantastic thought experiment and not something that a trivial amount of thought would disprove.

Platystemon posted:

Scott Adams’ disbelief in gravity came up in another thread.

I didn’t go to the effort to look it up not to share it here.

So that’s the main text of the theory. Now let’s back up a few pages.

:hmmyes:

Now watch him handwave objections in the second edition.

:siren: LIBERTARIAN BONUS ROUND :siren:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

sweet geek swag posted:

No, everything is just doubling in size every second. It makes sense.

I remember being early teens and reading that and even my stupid teen brain was able to see how dumb that was, lol

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
Is he a flat earther? A weird group of flat earthers don't believe in gravity. They call it grabity, because they think it's ridiculous that the earth would reach up and grab something.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

WaywardWoodwose posted:

Is he a flat earther? A weird group of flat earthers don't believe in gravity. They call it grabity, because they think it's ridiculous that the earth would reach up and grab something.

Didn't they call it grabity in the Garfield cartoon? The 100 Acres Happy Acres or whatever the other cartoon segment that wasn't Garfield was called. Like I vaguely recall the Rooster calling it grabbity because it grabs and pulls you down.

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

Scott Adams posted:

I can't think of anything in the "real" universe that would contradict the notion of gravity being an illusion caused by expanding matter.

Also Scott Adams posted:

Argument 2: How do you explain orbits and tides with expanding matter?

I don't have to.
:thunk:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

The 420th Amendment clearly states "Congress shall make no law requiring cranks to explain their logic."

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Preem Palver posted:

That channel hadn't released a video in months before GW announced their new policy. They also did not contact him to stop, demonetize, or de-platform him in any way.
Dude was just tired of doing it and used GW as an excuse to get even more money from nerds as they upped their Patreon donations in support.
The only videos that have actually been taken down or demonetized are ones by people that now make stuff for the Warhammer streaming service, or were skirting too close to portraying themselves as official works and not fan works.

Notably, Oculus Imperia has released new videos since TTS went down. He uses a ton of GW art as background, and was the editor on TTS, so... Luetin09 is also still releasing, and they use GW art for backgrounds too. Those are two of the biggest lore channels that I know of and are prime targets for a copyright claim.

Both of those are worth following, although Luetin09 needs to tighten his scripts up by 15-20 minutes for the long ones.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
tts is some 4chan era garbage. the definition of media that didn't age well

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

My favorite crazy British comics writer thing is that a lot of the guys from the original Hellblazer run claim to have seen John Constantine in real life. Like yeah bud, there's no way some random British guy in the 80's would wanna be a Sting lookalike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Asterite34 posted:

That really is the only possible thing that could make it better.

moonmazed posted:

tts is some 4chan era garbage. the definition of media that didn't age well

One of those things that was particularly prominent since it came out during the dark age when GW was spinning its wheels endlessly with poo poo no one wanted right before the management change.