Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

actually i realized i do i have a little vendetta against the guy in the cold war thread who insists on writing RADAR and LASER and other initialisms-that-are-now-just-normal-words in full caps every time. drives me bananas

ask me about MODEMs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

endlessmonotony posted:

Post good? Post bad? :justpost:

It don't matter. None of this matters. Do not let yourself be defined by how good internet strangers think you're posting is, that way lies misery and Reddit.

Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the post

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I'm in the ER because my loving doctor decided I had to get my kidneys rotorooted today and not Monday. loving dipshit made sure I'd go visit him in person too, probably to make me pay extra. Only to get sent along.

I'm bored out of my skull and even more pissed than usual. I get it my life is nothing but health bullshit and pain, but gently caress spending time in this godforsaken place. Boring and phenomenally uncomfortable.

endlessmonotony fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Feb 18, 2022

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

3D Megadoodoo posted:

ask me about MODEMs

that's "modulator-demodulator", though. not an initialism :spergin:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

prefect posted:

that's "modulator-demodulator", though. not an initialism :spergin:

yeah, and?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
dang its fuckin windy

did u guys get much of the storm in NI?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i think we just caught the edge of it, gusts up to like 50mph but nothing wild

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
i wanna play simcity

the original one. but it doesn't seem to be on steam or gog :saddowns: :corsair:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

endlessmonotony posted:

I'm in the ER because my loving doctor decided I had to get my kidneys rotorooted today and not Monday. loving dipshit made sure I'd go visit him in person too, probably to make me pay extra. Only to get sent along.

I'm bored out of my skull and even more pissed than usual. I get it my life is nothing but health bullshit and pain, but gently caress spending time in this godforsaken place. Boring and phenomenally uncomfortable.

i’m sorry friend. when i’m in situations like that i always think like man what did people in the like 60s do when they had to wait, did they just sit there? with nothing??

i know they had books but still

prefect posted:

i wanna play simcity

the original one. but it doesn't seem to be on steam or gog :saddowns: :corsair:

https://playclassic.games/games/city-building-dos-games-online/play-simcity-classic-online/

https://www.freegameempire.com/games/SimCity-Classic

lol can just run the whole fucker in a browser now

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

hell yeah. thanks :tipshat:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

hbag posted:

BPA sounds like whats going on in this thread
Bitches Postin' AIDS!!!!!!!!!!!

no cap this post is not real mid, fam. not based!!!!

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

mediaphage posted:

i can't remember if i posted this or not but a selection from the instructions:

i had a friend in high school that used to sleep from 4pm to 8pm and then 3am to 7am. one time he went home, sat on the throne to do his business, fell asleep, fell forward and hit his forehead on the tub and opened up a pretty decent gash

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

bump_fn posted:

dang its fuckin windy

did u guys get much of the storm in NI?

it’s extremely windy here

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Captain Foo posted:

it’s extremely windy here

here it's really snowy with a chance of fascism but both seem to be clearing up thankfully

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
when i was gettin my second sleep study the sleep study peep walked up to me with a poo poo-eating grin on her face and showed me a little dealio in the manual for the sleep study machine saying to not operate it while sleeping

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
cls: congratulations on your mild obstructive sleep apnea. insurance will pay some amount of the durable medical good required to treat because you have doctor confirmed crazy brains otherwise you'd be poo poo out of luck. at least it's only hundreds of dollars rather than thousands of dollars. also, said durable medical good is not really easily available and you'll just need to wait for one to come in due to supply chain shortages/worldwide respiratory disease pandemic.

i will look forward to not walking around with a dull headache and brain fog most days.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

fart simpson posted:

smoker is a senior regular yosposter

*ahem* they’re senior principal regular yosposter

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Cold on a Cob posted:

i had a friend in high school that used to sleep from 4pm to 8pm and then 3am to 7am. one time he went home, sat on the throne to do his business, fell asleep, fell forward and hit his forehead on the tub and opened up a pretty decent gash

a couple years ago my wife was sick and got up at 3am feeling like she needed to vomit. she kneeled down in front of the toilet but the vomit didn’t come and she got tired and fell asleep, fell forward, and smashed her face into the porcelain and got a black eye. her boss thought i must have domestically abused her

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ultravoices posted:

cls: congratulations on your mild obstructive sleep apnea. insurance will pay some amount of the durable medical good required to treat because you have doctor confirmed crazy brains otherwise you'd be poo poo out of luck. at least it's only hundreds of dollars rather than thousands of dollars. also, said durable medical good is not really easily available and you'll just need to wait for one to come in due to supply chain shortages/worldwide respiratory disease pandemic.

i will look forward to not walking around with a dull headache and brain fog most days.

the devices are free here, you just go to the lung clinic the university hospital, but they monitor it remotely and ask for it back if you breathe too much. they used to cost around 700€ if you just wanted to buy one, but maybe prices have gone up vOv

e: I'm sure that interests you

ee: a CPAP I mean (had to google, I forgot what they were called). seems like they still cost 600-800€.

eee: availability sucks everywhere, tho

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Feb 18, 2022

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

3D Megadoodoo posted:

the devices are free here, you just go to the lung clinic the university hospital, but they monitor it remotely and ask for it back if you breathe too much. they used to cost around 700€ if you just wanted to buy one, but maybe prices have gone up vOv

Prices have gone down for the normal ones.

Also yeah it was the lung clinic looking for sleep apnea and finding something much worse instead that shocked the doctor into asking me how I was still alive.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

endlessmonotony posted:

Prices have gone down for the normal ones.

Also yeah it was the lung clinic looking for sleep apnea and finding something much worse instead that shocked the doctor into asking me how I was still alive.

they found you're posts :ohdear:

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

3D Megadoodoo posted:

they found you're posts :ohdear:

Sleep posting is a serious ailment, causing suffering for countless people.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

endlessmonotony posted:

Sleep posting is a serious ailment, causing suffering for countless people.
lol

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Cold on a Cob posted:

self own lol

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
checks the work emails to see how much nothing i can get away with today….

“URGENT: customer situation with <major_world_infrastructure> might need your help”

reply: i am available all day, also pull in <tom> and <tina> when you set up the bridge. slack me when you get rolling.

…. crickets for 2 hours.

shoulda just stayed in bed.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

cjs: boss and PM out today. weekend starts when scrum ends :toot:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
c union status: i was nominated for vp and treasurer so i guess i'll do one of them. looking forward to getting more involved tbh, i like most of my coworkers and getting more involved in the union would be good

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

My boss being out has pretty little impact on my day to day

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Improbable Lobster posted:

c union status: i was nominated for vp and treasurer so i guess i'll do one of them. looking forward to getting more involved tbh, i like most of my coworkers and getting more involved in the union would be good

nice

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Improbable Lobster posted:

congrats

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I’d make eye contact with him and fart. I did it all the time for like two years. I didn’t even know his full name, just heard that his coworkers thought he was a nut for complaining about “the guy who would fart on me in the break room”
Look at the giant balls on this rat

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
Unlike that other word game, it's not about the spelling; it's about the meaning.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I played some Turdle it was OK. Never played Wordle so took some time before I got it.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
its still v windy

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I played some Turdle it was OK. Never played Wordle so took some time before I got it.

stupid milk drinker

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Lady Radia posted:

i guess what gives me pause about the hbag probes is that hbag can post good when they want, they just...choose not to? it's very bizarre. they then revel in not having posted good???

i want to invest more in hbag stocks, we need new posters. but hbag, believe in you are self. please

no i just normally post bad and occasionally end up making a good one

i am not purposely posting bad lmao

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

boy it is WIMDY!!!!! outside

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

this is really fun, vector spaces for words are so weird

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

hbag posted:

boy it is WIMDY!!!!! outside

:fart:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

ee: a CPAP I mean (had to google, I forgot what they were called). seems like they still cost 600-800€.

eee: availability sucks everywhere, tho

yeah i'll be out 3-400 dollars. it's not going to break my bank, just any interaction with the american health care system leaves me with a sense of seething rage.