Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Sandicap posted:

:siren:Flash Deal- make something herbacious for 20 points:siren:

Behold British Columbia’s finest agricultural product, in the heavily regulated packaging in which you find it:

And behold the quasi legal quagmire that allows the purchase of shrooms in Vancouver but without any packaging regulation:

Points me Grand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Obama is a lot quieter than I expected or am used to him being which is concerning. He did say he tried to roleblock merk both nights (with sage) but my mason creation N1 stopped it and Voodoo's spice cop stopped him N2.

I'm not really buying the arguments that he's scum but effort seems to be lacking, or he's still dealing with personal poo poo? I would rather vote Tobbs or merk over Obama. I'm not sure why people seem to be ignoring Tobbs who Bif seemed to treat with kid gloves even though he called her scum (barely). Meen made a case on Bif and she uses that to suss him back, but Tobbs calls her scum lightly and it's just a part of some back and forth banter:

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Yup it's a callout but I'm not super interested in pushing it since last time you were scum and I was town I got dunked D1. I'll just try to cook up something dastardly to deal with you at night if I still think you're scum.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

When I said if you talk about your chill meta you're scum.

Admit it, you were going to but now you can't.

It feels very fake especially considering how Bif approaches other people like Akay or Meen.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Last night I tried to give Minifauxnen a chemistry lesson!

She thought the bubbles were cool, but was more interested in juicing my backup limes so she could just chug the straight-up lime juice. The kid likes sour stuff, what can I say.

Once I melted down the cheese, it made a nice sauce to have with broccoli. But we also had to have some corn chips with it too.

Tonight it was time to make something herbaceous, so I tossed a bunch of dill and thyme on some potato wedges, with a little olive oil to coat.

Mixed it all up and threw em in the air fryer. Usually I'll make these with garlic powder instead, but it was a nice change of pace.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Also if Bif talks about her 'chill meta' she's scum.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Yup it's a callout but I'm not super interested in pushing it since last time you were scum and I was town I got dunked D1. I'll just try to cook up something dastardly to deal with you at night if I still think you're scum.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

The bolded part was also posted verbatim last game you were scum and someone voted/pushed you. Bif, you're scum again? Really?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Pattern recognition is less psychology and more math, and let's just say filing taxes brings me joy.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

When I said if you talk about your chill meta you're scum.

Admit it, you were going to but now you can't.

Here's some more if you're actually considering that scum Maerlyn is town and not cherry picking to save her own hide.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Nah she's too sarcastic and not angry enough. This is totally scum Bif. Maerlyn is being too cautious in her calls, she's scum too.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Hello I am not sure if I am alive or dead in this game but it's been a weird week! Hoping to cook something for the thread tonight and also hunt some scum if I'm not dead

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mini is into straight lime juice, that is... weird

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Add me to the sour fan club but that is pretty hardcore...I do eat lemons with salt on occasion but lime juice in particular is so sour.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Why do you want to eliminate me Maerlyn

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

merk posted:

She's scum but hey, at least she's still trying.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

What would you say you have done that it would be so inconceivable that someone would find you scummy?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Here's some more if you're actually considering that scum Maerlyn is town and not cherry picking to save her own hide.

There's no real heat behind anything with Bif, it reminds me of you and Grandi in Isekai where you threatened each other the entire game (as scum buddies if others aren't aware). Bif didn't seem to consider you a credible threat as opposed to Meen. You don't feel like you're scumhunting, you're just calling people scum. I think it's scum Tobbs behavior but it's my first time seeing it from the other side so it's harder to put my finger on. I also find it strange that you're consistently calling me scum but haven't voted me, you're really gonna leave scum alive and wait for them to try to NK you to kill themselves? I don't buy it.

We really need some more people commenting here...would like to hear from GGN and Chic about anything.

merk posted:

I think beet touched on it earlier but these two posts in particular interest me:

merk posted:

I don't understand the Chic case.
I strongly believe the Akay case is eliminating town. That is a strong gut read.

merk posted:

My Akay read was based on low effort d1 lurker eliminations almost always hitting town. If I said something else, I misstated.

A strong gut read on Akay which you walk back on, I'm not used to you saying you "misstated", like with your case on Shell you stood by it even being wrong...just seems hedgy. Beet comments on it too:

hambeet posted:

what has piqued my interest on a re-read is how you had a 'strong' feeling akay was town, when they'd not posted much game content by that stage.

The read on Bif after she was already going down really looks like you felt like you had to throw your opinion on it to give yourself some townie cred. Not too keen on the "gently caress you got mine" style vote after you posted your cooking but that's a merk thing, not strictly scum...Tobbs and OA both did the same though (Tobbs specifically said let's just move on and hammered). There's no incentive for scum to keep the day going and let town buy spices but thankfully Grandi left the day open for a bit.

merk posted:

##vote Obama

Not scum hunting.

Came in today to try to get in front of the issue of me saying he's scum by instead saying I'm scum. His justification for voting me takes into account absolutely nothing about the context of my Shell case. For example, Akay was likely going to be the elimination when I cased Shell. Akay flipped town. If I'm scum, what the hell was I doing?

Getting a good town player eliminated? Shell wasn't going to go down without an NK so why not make a case against her and see if it works? You know Shell well enough as a town player to know she is smart, getting her eliminated on a case you can defend as scum is a good move.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I'm not voting you, Maerlyn, because so long as you're alive I'm immune to any negative effects from night actions. If you're scum and we're the last two players alive, town wins if you try to kill me and it's a draw if you don't.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Feeling ##vote merk more.

I think I might just make a list of spices I know and if people want to know what they do I will post it in the thread, I think I know 9+ by this point? I told Hal/OA all the investigative spices but I think that info is known now (beet didn't specifically say but I assume salt is watcher spice). Scum can certainly roleblock too but they can't roleblock everyone.

None of the spices in OA's rolecop were anything overly scummy - Voodoo did you see any blends in your spice cop or just individual, the way you listed it in thread?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'm not voting you, Maerlyn, because so long as you're alive I'm immune to any negative effects from night actions. If you're scum and we're the last two players alive, town wins if you try to kill me and it's a draw if you don't.

So what happens when scum kill me then or I'm voted out and flip town? You are vulnerable again?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Maerlyn posted:

So what happens when scum kill me then or I'm voted out and flip town? You are vulnerable again?

Yup

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

ObamaAkbar. (2): Tobbs Gnawed, merk
merk (2): ObamaAkbar., Maerlyn
Maerlyn (1): hambeet

Not Voting (5): Chic Trombone, GenericGirlName, Hal Insandenza, Opopanax, Voodoofly

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 19th, 2022 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 8 hours.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Guess I gotta make something herby before I leave town (just missing parsley)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't know exactly what we're looking for there but I've got a Beef Bourguignon on right now with some spices and fresh thyme

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

There aren’t supposed to be potatoes in a beef borguignon!

But that should definitely be ok for herbaceous

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tbf the recipie keeps saying beef “bourguignon” so I guess that’s partially why. I just wanted to do a slow cooker meal so I could be lazy today

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

It’s been a long couple of days. Beyond the cooking yesterday I haven’t had much time for this game.

merk posted:

##vote Obama

Not scum hunting.

Came in today to try to get in front of the issue of me saying he's scum by instead saying I'm scum.
Blatantly false. I’ve thought merk was scum since he got shell lunched D1. I know it’s his meta to aggressively push town eliminations. I even tried to roleblock him two nights in a row.

merk posted:

His justification for voting me takes into account absolutely nothing about the context of my Shell case. For example, Akay was likely going to be the elimination when I cased Shell. Akay flipped town. If I'm scum, what the hell was I doing?

I'm not unvoting Obama.
Mae has already pretty much said what I was thinking regarding merks motivations for getting shell lunched.

Merk’s case against me basically hinges on 2 things:
- that he believes I’ve been low effort this game/not scumhunting
- that he doesn’t like my justification for voting him

The first point could be applied to more than one person in this game easily. So what does that leave us with?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

hambeet posted:

oa you don't feel the need to comment on voodoo spice copping you?

I’m not really sure what there is to comment on? I started with sage bought one spice and was gifted a spice. I tried to use the sage the last two nights but have been blocked by people visiting me.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

As far as other posters go hambeet is giving me very strong Town vibes. Mae I’m leaning Town as well, she has shared a lot of information in the masonry and I just don’t see scum opening a masonry to share information mostly one way with two Town players.

I’d like to hear what hal thinks of me and merk. I’m slightly suspicious of him

I’m leaning Town on tobbs as well I think.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Anyway I should get off my phone as I’m being rude to guests. Won’t be posting anymore until tomorrow probably.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tobbs what is your case on oa?

I’m not convinced oa is town but if it’s purely based on early lurking and not voting well ggn and chic have similarly poor records. So why OA?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

hambeet posted:

Tobbs what is your case on oa?

I’m not convinced oa is town but if it’s purely based on early lurking and not voting well ggn and chic have similarly poor records. So why OA?

I forgot GGN and Chic were in this game. I'm doing a reread now but it will be on my phone during a firmwide state of the nation address so don't expect a lot of posting on this.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Chic Trombone posted:

Hello I am not sure if I am alive or dead in this game but it's been a weird week! Hoping to cook something for the thread tonight and also hunt some scum if I'm not dead

Nothing here since day 1 (and I know I'm not a whole lot different) but yeah not a bad vote candidate.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Hal Insandenza posted:

I see no reason to hide any results so last night I had two actions. A cayenne pepper masonry that I used on voodoo and merk

I also had a spice blend that was basically a watcher-cop and I used it on merk

My masonry ended up being voodoo and meen so I suspect meen and merk were swapped

My watch-cop came back town and visited by Opop

Pretty sure those results would be on meen, and while there are a lot of unknowns my first takeaway is Opop swapped meen and merk to cover for his scumbuddy

Hal is probably last person I would vote. I'm pretty sure he masoned me last night (could have been meen I suppose) but coupled with the track info I don't think they are scum.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

hambeet posted:

i dont think merk or his case was scummy. it seemed good when he laid it out. trying to blame merk for that when most people were going the apathetic lurker lunch is bad imo

Yeah I don't want to vote ham. I agreed with him about merk's case, and also sort of agree with his later suspicion of merk (well, I think it's better to say I see where ham is coming from). Plus his case on maer is intriguing and I want to read maer even more now (whever we get down the alphabet to her).

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Maerlyn posted:

Feeling ##vote merk more.

I think I might just make a list of spices I know and if people want to know what they do I will post it in the thread, I think I know 9+ by this point? I told Hal/OA all the investigative spices but I think that info is known now (beet didn't specifically say but I assume salt is watcher spice). Scum can certainly roleblock too but they can't roleblock everyone.

None of the spices in OA's rolecop were anything overly scummy - Voodoo did you see any blends in your spice cop or just individual, the way you listed it in thread?

Maer, can you summarize your case on merk. Reading it over it seems to be making a case on shell, but even then you posted that before akay flips, and you really haven't addressed why merk would go out of his way to move the vote from a lurking town to the most active posting town. That seems, well, completely unnecessary.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

merk posted:

His justification for voting me takes into account absolutely nothing about the context of my Shell case. For example, Akay was likely going to be the elimination when I cased Shell. Akay flipped town. If I'm scum, what the hell was I doing?

I sort of agree with this here. I don't think merk goes way the gently caress out of his way to push onto shell as scum. I mean yes WIFOM and all but not seeing it here.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

ObamaAkbar. posted:

It’s been a long couple of days. Beyond the cooking yesterday I haven’t had much time for this game.

Blatantly false. I’ve thought merk was scum since he got shell lunched D1. I know it’s his meta to aggressively push town eliminations. I even tried to roleblock him two nights in a row.

Mae has already pretty much said what I was thinking regarding merks motivations for getting shell lunched.

Merk’s case against me basically hinges on 2 things:
- that he believes I’ve been low effort this game/not scumhunting
- that he doesn’t like my justification for voting him

The first point could be applied to more than one person in this game easily. So what does that leave us with?

A counter: why does "it applies to other people" mean that voting you is wrong? Because I am sort of dancing back and forth on you and the fact that you, me and others haven't had time to put in a lot of effort really shouldn't clear any of us.

Also, not going to lie, you starting with a roleblock spice sort of makes me nervous.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Opopanax posted:

Given that Hal seems to be confirming the swap I'm taking that as confirmed town for merk, he would have had to have been the kill, unless scum had an unfuckwithable kill spice and decided to use it

gently caress I literally just wrote out a situation where either you and merk both had to be scum or then yes you are probably both town because of this reasoning BUT NOOOOOO then I remembered meen and the doomed stuff.

So I guess what is your take on merk now? still think merk is scum?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You think maer is scum, but you don't want to vote maer because it keeps you alive? As opposed to just voting her off anyway?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Voodoofly posted:

Maer, can you summarize your case on merk. Reading it over it seems to be making a case on shell, but even then you posted that before akay flips, and you really haven't addressed why merk would go out of his way to move the vote from a lurking town to the most active posting town. That seems, well, completely unnecessary.

I did post my case on merk, it was kind of a run on post but here (below response to Tobbs): https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3992964&pagenumber=20&perpage=40#post521554988

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Questionable *herby* Quesadilla:

I tried to follow a recipe for quesadilla seasoning I found online but couldn't find a few things (onion powder, forgot oregano and pepper I think). Sometimes experimental poo poo just works out!

Melt some butter, added small amounts of cumin, paprika, chili pepper flakes, garlic salt instead of just salt, I don't remember the rest or maybe that was all? I tested the mixture and it seemed okay.

Apply butter to pan and add tortilla, let cheese start to melt then flip

Looks nice and crunchy, feeling better about this:

Flip it around a few more times, then eat:

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Maerlyn posted:

I did post my case on merk, it was kind of a run on post but here (below response to Tobbs): https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3992964&pagenumber=20&perpage=40#post521554988

So basically merk stuck his neck out to vote town shell over town akay because town shell is a bigger threat?

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I've finally caught up again.

Mae:

Since D1 I've leaned more town for mae's alignment. Starting from here:

Maerlyn posted:

What is bad about trying to get points?

Mae's gut reaction was good even if it the original post from ham turned out to just be some mafia dad gotcha opportunity. (As an aside, this makes me lean town for ham too, but maybe I'm biased)

(Not providing quotes here) Mae also does a lot of calling out of lurking players in a way that doesn't feel like scum trying to set up for an easy low content dunk to keep town confused. I also like the merk case, and I think it comes from a genuine town place.

Merk:

I was going to post a big thing about merk being scum here but honestly the bif case post cop feels like town merk 100%. The obama case is solid imo and as much as I hate it I do think merk has a good eye for casing scum, especially when working with as few posts as OA has.

Time to reread OA, but I don't disagree with anything merk is saying (except maybe the confidence in ham being OA's scumbuddy?)

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
as you can see I hit post right as I realized I didn't edit the last line of the mae part.

also I don't know what I thought was in focaccia but somehow I never imagined tomatoes... I don't eat focaccia often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Voodoofly posted:

You think maer is scum, but you don't want to vote maer because it keeps you alive? As opposed to just voting her off anyway?

I'll vote her if that's who it comes to at deadline, but I'm not going to push her because I consider her handled so long as I'm alive. I don't think there are more than 3 scum though so if another scum flips then yeah, I'll be pushing Maer.

As for OA it's the lack of voting + dropping in after the dunk to casually comment that looks scummy. I've seen it from a lot of scum.

CT at least was voting early on and actually pushed me for a bit. I'll have to re-read GGN to see if she's basically the same as OA or not.

It also doesn't help that my other scum pick (Maerlyn) has such a strong town read on OA despite the points I've brought up.