Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
GGN at least voted Shell D1. I consider that better than not voting at all.

I'd expect lurker rules to take care of her though since she doesn't have near 10 posts per game day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Voodoofly posted:

You think maer is scum, but you don't want to vote maer because it keeps you alive? As opposed to just voting her off anyway?

Yeah I’ve been reflecting that I’m never really super into town outright self preservation, but there are exceptions.

So idk. I think I’d rather we vote scum than hold off for reasons of saving private tobbs

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I’m not really sure what there is to comment on? I started with sage bought one spice and was gifted a spice. I tried to use the sage the last two nights but have been blocked by people visiting me.

Idk not even acknowledging it at all, to even validate voodoos claim, seems a bit odd. You don’t think?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Voodoofly posted:

Nothing here since day 1 (and I know I'm not a whole lot different) but yeah not a bad vote candidate.

sadly i am town, though i can understand the taking of this stance

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Maerlyn posted:

None of the spices in OA's rolecop were anything overly scummy - Voodoo did you see any blends in your spice cop or just individual, the way you listed it in thread?

I don't think that's necessarily a good way to base things, honestly, considering they can be bought largely at random. There's also the devil's advocate case of "well what if they used the more scum-advantaged powers which left the non-scummy-looking ones" etc.

Which isn't actually to say I think OA is scum currently, I have no reads because I was force-tuned-out this week due to Life Stuff

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

hambeet posted:

Yeah I’ve been reflecting that I’m never really super into town outright self preservation, but there are exceptions.

So idk. I think I’d rather we vote scum than hold off for reasons of saving private tobbs

I would think it would be better to vote someone you think is scummy rather than keeping them around for 'but then I can't be nightkilled!'

you also cannot be nightkilled if the scum is dead, hambeet

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

drat that's a fine Bourguignon

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Chic Trombone posted:

I would think it would be better to vote someone you think is scummy rather than keeping them around for 'but then I can't be nightkilled!'

you also cannot be nightkilled if the scum is dead, hambeet

If Obama flips scum I'll vote Maerlyn tomorrow :shrug:

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Voodoofly posted:

A counter: why does "it applies to other people" mean that voting you is wrong? Because I am sort of dancing back and forth on you and the fact that you, me and others haven't had time to put in a lot of effort really shouldn't clear any of us.

Also, not going to lie, you starting with a roleblock spice sort of makes me nervous.

What I was trying to convey, maybe too subtly, was that merk chose me out of those other people because it was clear I was going to vote for him.

Even if I was a straight role blocker it’s not an unheard of town role. Im also assuming starting spices were assigned randomly.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

ObamaAkbar. posted:

What I was trying to convey, maybe too subtly, was that merk chose me out of those other people because it was clear I was going to vote for him.

Even if I was a straight role blocker it’s not an unheard of town role. Im also assuming starting spices were assigned randomly.

Assume merks gone: who else is scum?

And yeah the starting with roleblock thing is really not enough for me to vote you, it was more of a “well if he is scum that’s pretty convenient”

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

This game is stupidly hard without votefinder.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Also I felt the need to defend parsley so I made a quasi tabouleh salad yesterday for lunch but then didn’t post it here after dumping the pics in mason chat to link.

But I’m on my phone now so duck posting all of them here is start and finish and just imagine the various steps of chopping things in between:

Chop some cucumber. Chop some onion. Chop some tomatoes. Chop some parsley. Squeeze a lemon. Add some salt. Chop other things if you have them but I realized we were out of garlic and I didn’t have any bulgur or other wheat stuff to make it a true tabouleh after the fact.

Eat and say “thank you parsley for another great dish”

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

OK sorry I was ridiculously busy yesterday, but I am back now. Here are some Chemistry Nachos

Thankfully had some lime juice and baking soda and shredded cheese and it all worked really great

Used some veggies and peppers I had around the house, and the cheese melted in really a quite ideal way and I would make these again for sure

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I still have plenty of merk suspicions and he's kind of just riding his one case that he ever made

OA also not looking great, but I can't see merk doing a bus there so it can't be both of them

Minor voodoo suspicion for being so confident in my towniness but that may just be paranoia.

Opop gives me weird vibes and if merk is scum I feel pretty confident Opop is scum with him

I haven't seen anything to make me think Maer is particularly scum, she has been sort of light on game talk in the masonry but we all have and I would not blame anyone for being a little cagey in a 3 person unconfirmed masonry

Everyone else I have not had time to for an opinion on but once I go to the grocery store to get some bao bun stuff and some herbs I will dig a little deeper

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bif's cookies are not in the recipe list in the OP, mods have failed me once again

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

ObamaAkbar. (2): Tobbs Gnawed, merk
merk (2): ObamaAkbar., Maerlyn
Maerlyn (1): hambeet

Not Voting (5): Chic Trombone, GenericGirlName, Hal Insandenza, Opopanax, Voodoofly

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 19th, 2022 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 11 hours, 13 minutes.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

So, I went on an adventure with Sub Rosa's queso, and then over corrected. Now I have way too much. Follow me on my journey so that you can learn not to repeat my mistakes.

Start with lime juice and baking powder, make em' react. Let them finish reacting, add a touch more baking powder to see if it reacts more. Hooray it doesn't!

Here is what is going in my queso. White cheddar, tomatoes, jalapenos, and a citrus IPA

Heat the beer and science, then start mixing in the cheese, a good bit of it. Then throw in your tomatoes and jalapenos.

It isn't thick enough? Keeping adding more cheese.
Still isn't thick enough, MORE CHEESE.

Oh, that was 2 pounds of cheese and it's still soupy? poo poo.

You have 2 options here, take it off the heat and wait, It'll probably thicken up on it's own, right? Nah, that's the cowards way out. And having patience is something in short supply in my home.
So go for option 2, make a corn starch slurry and mix it in, add a bit more corn starch for good measure.
Oh good, it's thickening up... oh no, it's seizing up.
It was fine, the taste was good, but it was way too thick, dipping chips in it made most of them crack, I ended up using a spoon to put it directly on the chips.

I also have 2+ pounds of "queso" left that I get to figure out what to do with.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Left over queso you say!? You also have left over Chinese Style BBQ chicken? Well, why not throw those together and use some leftovers Grandicap?
Good idea I say.

So pictured we have left over queso and chicken, some thyme and spaghetti. I did broccoli too. Make it a filling one-pot dish thing.

Boil some spaghetti, if you are going to put together a sauce after, it's nice to use like a 2-3 inch tall pan rather than a pot, it can cover the spaghetti with water easily with much less water and boils faster because of the smaller volume of water and more surface area. Oh yeah, salt your water. Set your timer for like 2 minutes less than the package tells you, we are going to finish cooking it in the sauce later.
Half way through the cook time, add in your broccoli.

It will mostly steam, but boil a little, doesn't need long, 4-5 minutes for the broccoli.

Reserve a few cups of your pasta/broccoli water, then drain. Add a cup of your water to the water back in the pan while your pasta and veggies wait in the collendar.
Mix in some queso. Add more queso/water until you get a liquidy but not sloshy consistency. Add in your diced thyme here so that it counts for the herby flash deal even though you are the mod and don't get points.

Throw your pasta, your veg and your chicken in the sauce, toss to combine, and cook for 2-3 minutes to finish cooking the pasta and to warm the chicken through.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hal Insandenza posted:

Bif's cookies are not in the recipe list in the OP, mods have failed me once again

Resolved.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

##vote opop

Getting spotted by Hal and having nothing else to go on. Also quite frankly it’s a little strange how little heat he got about it

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Also knowing it’s deadline day I’d almost certainly vote OA over merk, and I’ve gone back and forth so many times on maer I have no idea but probably wouldn’t vote her over either of them.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Voodoofly posted:

So basically merk stuck his neck out to vote town shell over town akay because town shell is a bigger threat?

It's not so much sticking his neck out, he made a case that is reasonable on the surface. If people took to it great, Shell's out. If not Akay is likely eliminated, still town either way.

I just find it odd that between Shell (had cooked, several posts with reads/scum hunting) and Akay (hadn't cooked, only posted a couple times and not much substance until votes started coming in) he chose to go after Shell.

I doubt I'll convince anyone merk should be the vote today though so I need to reconsider.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
It's her birthday today!

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
On my reread i still like OA for scum so im gonna go ahead and put my vote there. I do want to see who they think is scum though.

##vote OA

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Boiled broccoli smh

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Voodoofly posted:

Assume merks gone: who else is scum?

And yeah the starting with roleblock thing is really not enough for me to vote you, it was more of a “well if he is scum that’s pretty convenient”

Eh I’m not too sure really. I’m not really feeling the opop case. I’m feeling fairly good about you.

Chic or GGN I can see tbh. I fully expect at least one scum to be lying low.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Eh I’m not too sure really. I’m not really feeling the opop case. I’m feeling fairly good about you.

Chic or GGN I can see tbh. I fully expect at least one scum to be lying low.

It’s just hard to see a bus driver on someone who outed scum. And like not on you? I get if it was like a strange protection like I’ll take a bullet to protect someone probably town. But why swap them with merk?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I don’t know I guess I just see busdriving as naturally causing chaos and confusion with very little upside.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

And as I say that causing chaos and confusion isn’t really scum specific.

I’ll think about this

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Voodoofly posted:

And as I say that causing chaos and confusion isn’t really scum specific.

I’ll think about this

No but it sort of should be

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Hal Insandenza posted:

No but it sort of should be

I vote way too often on what “should” be scummy which is why I hammer townies in LYLO on the reg.

My biggest issue is I feel there are multiple people that I can make the same case on.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Its always awkward because in mafia, in character, this is life or death for town and therefore town shouldnt cause chaos but IRL for the player this is a game youre playing while doing other way more important things in your day to day life and sometimes you just want to fusrodah the npc off a tower or go full strength bard and observe the results

Town should deffo find those acts suspicious but to say town should never do it is unfun.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

ObamaAkbar. (3): Tobbs Gnawed, merk, GenericGirlName
merk (2): ObamaAkbar., Maerlyn
Maerlyn (1): hambeet
Opopanax (1): Voodoofly

Not Voting (3): Chic Trombone, Hal Insandenza, Opopanax

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 19th, 2022 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 6 hours, 2 minutes.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Voodoofly posted:

It’s just hard to see a bus driver on someone who outed scum. And like not on you? I get if it was like a strange protection like I’ll take a bullet to protect someone probably town. But why swap them with merk?

I saw it as trying to move any investigative actions away from merk, which is why I thought Opop's "merk must be town then" was an odd claim.

I would vote opop, he hasn't participated much in non food related chat, just a couple sentences here and there. He said merk is his dark horse scum pick but he hasn't said anything about him or anyone really.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah it’s hard to not vote chic or opop at this point. Even GGN has made a case and a stance.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It’s easy to vote OA, a scum.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

merk posted:

It’s easy to vote OA, a scum.

I’ve been OA here many times as town. When you were town. And honestly his last posts felt legit.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

##vote chic

At worst opop probably didn’t kill anyone last night.

Chic also has no real vote history and I thought their day 1 posts were scummy enough to vote for a bit. .

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote obama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

##vote obama

Not going to ve around much tonight and vastly prefer Obama to merk.

If people do hop on chic I’ll swap if I see it.