Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

seriously im most stoked for puzzle fighter and glad its a steam release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also its encouraging that they will do rollback before sf6 to make it hopefully not rear end in time for launch?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I'm uncomfortable with the sounds that Luke's veiny arms make in that SF6 trailer.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

also its encouraging that they will do rollback before sf6 to make it hopefully not rear end in time for launch?
I'd be very surprised if this wasn't a Digital Eclipse joint like Street Fighter 30th or the SamSho collection.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

The Kins posted:

I'd be very surprised if this wasn't a Digital Eclipse joint like Street Fighter 30th or the SamSho collection.

I'd be extremely happy if it was. I love the Marvel Origins port they did for ps3/360

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
When you think about it, Ryu is representing the Japanese SF fans, while Luke is supposed to represent the Western SF fans. Thank you for coming to my TEDex talk.

P.S. Add Rollback to USF4, you cowards.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Capcom shot itself in both feet by revealing Rollback Darkstalkers/Red Earth/Cyberbots/Gem Fighter/Puzzle Fighter, then immediately following it up by that wet fart of an SF6 annoucement.

You immediately contrast 'old CapCom' fighters known for their excellent designs, enamored fans and classic gameplay with the ugly plastic-flesh monsters, Windows Outlook logo and Popeye the Trailer Man. Even a day between the annoucements would have helped instead of back-to-backing them like this.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Why doesn't the Darkstalkers community play Vampire Savior 2 again? Typically the newer the entry the more likely that's the version that's played, unless it comes out far after the original release like a "10th Anniversary Edition" or something.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

J.A.B.C. posted:

Capcom shot itself in both feet by revealing Rollback Darkstalkers/Red Earth/Cyberbots/Gem Fighter/Puzzle Fighter, then immediately following it up by that wet fart of an SF6 annoucement.

You immediately contrast 'old CapCom' fighters known for their excellent designs, enamored fans and classic gameplay with the ugly plastic-flesh monsters, Windows Outlook logo and Popeye the Trailer Man. Even a day between the annoucements would have helped instead of back-to-backing them like this.

Enamored fans that didn't buy the franchise multiple times?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

also the coolermaster logo

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Ohh its a hexagon theme because it's the six-sided shape. :doh:

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I was actually really enjoying Elisabeth, but I think I've decided on a team: Isla/Chizuru/Vanessa. Vanessa is my favorite character, but, ironically, she's currently my worst character.

As someone who grew up on PM and Melee, it's super cool to see how KoF clearly inspired Smash

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SF6 has a chance to be loving insane if they bring back characters we haven't seen in a while like Necro, Hakan, Adon, etc. Imagine all those freaks in the RE Engine hyperreal style, let's go full sicko mode

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I just want C. Viper

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/click_burgundy/status/1495694310947586051

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Kins posted:

According to the promo stuff, each game will have EX Settings that will let you toggle stuff like balance changes, reduced flashing for the photosensitive, and, crucially, easy access to hidden characters. I dunno if Cyberbots will let you play unplayable characters (Guess it depends on how playable they were in the original code?) but at least you'll be able to play as Devilotte in Puzzle Fighter, the only game in the collection that truly matters.

I wonder if they'll have the option to merge the VSav2 and Vampire Hunters 2 rosters into one game like Darkstalkers 3 did, since it's not in the collection (which feels like kind of a weird oversight).

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It’s like on one hand I want the series to evolve, on the other hand I hate that Sean got the shaft for a generic “future generation” character.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why doesn't the Darkstalkers community play Vampire Savior 2 again? Typically the newer the entry the more likely that's the version that's played, unless it comes out far after the original release like a "10th Anniversary Edition" or something.

The system/balance changes are half-assed and Capcom basically forced arcades to buy Savior 2 and Hunter 2 as a double-pack, so there weren't a ton of them out there compared to regular Hunter and Savior. (In case you don't know, they're basically the same game but with slightly different character rosters because they couldn't fit them all on one board.)

Most of the home versions of Savior incorporated Savior 2/Hunter 2 content to some extent.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Barudak posted:

I just want C. Viper

deets
Apr 20, 2015

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

I'd be extremely happy if it was. I love the Marvel Origins port they did for ps3/360
Marvel Origins was Iron Galaxy. The UI for this new collection looks identical to the one from the Beat Em Up Bundle that released a few years ago, which was extremely solid and I believe done mostly in-house. Here's hoping.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

punk rebel ecks posted:

Vampire Savior is a particularly good game, while Hunter 2 and Savior 2's system changes are rather bad, simple as that. Similarly, Vampire Chronicles with full cast is a modified Savior 2 even in Savior 1 mode and still not as good.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
As far as characters we'd like to see in SF6, I lowkey want Haggar in the game. I don't care how similar he is to Zangief, if we can have a dozen shotos we can have two grapplers that like doing SPDs. Just make Haggar the Ken to Gief's Ryu, have fun with it

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

The Older Ryu makes me think we are actually FINALLY moving the plot past III? Maybe?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Cyberbots with rollback netcode was the real announcement as far as I'm concerned. :woop:

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Tae posted:

Enamored fans that didn't buy the franchise multiple times?

- Darkstalkers fans have been vocal about bringing back a new game in the series for years now, and it is pretty much a meme in the Capcom and Fighting Game communities. This also goes back to how Capcom 'tests' it's less-known franchises through sales, won't let the community know about it, then drop the franchise because 'it didn't sell well' (see also: Megaman Legends, Breath of Fire, PowerStone).

Also, DS: Resurrection was on the top 10 digital purchase lists for Xbox and Playstation for it's opening month (March 2013), which is usually a really good sign, but Capcom never released proper sales figures and said that it failed within a month of release. It also released alongside Tomb Raider, Gears of War Judgement, DoA 5+ and BioShock Infinite, so the fact it even got in a top 10 spot at all for a game that was over a decade old at that point is a mark in and of itself.

- Red Earth and Cyberbots never had English home releases, with ROMs and fan-translations being the only real ways to play them since their release dates for a large segment of people, with interest in the series growing in fan communities. So they couldn't exactly sell anything.

- Gem Fighter hasn't had a release since 1997.

- Puzzle Fighter got a re-release in 2007.

The fact that these games might be some of the first times that peope can get actual home releases of them without going to a ROM site is already a great thing, but adding in Rollback and training mode as well is a pretty hefty task.

Putting the annoucements back to back feels almost like an after-thought, and given that personally the SF art style looks terrible to me, it feels like a pretty bad one.

"Hey, yeah, here's a bunch of our best fighting games, most of which never got home ports outside of Japan, with robust online options, training modes and more. That's a thing. But LOOK AT LUKE, ISN'T HE COOL?!"

Of course, personal opinions. Good for the folks excited for SF6, but that isn't really my thing.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Darkstalkers and Cyberbots getting rollback and ports loving owns

Lets hope they just make the Darkstalkers 3 console edition where you can play the whole roster between 1 and 2

Capcom totally pushed Darkstalkers Ressurection out to die with zero fanfare or really announcement, game sold like crazy anyway, so then Ono hid the sales numbers and went "oh well I guess people just don't want Darkstalkers!" So they could stop talking about Darkstalkers.

A new Cyberbots OR Darkstalkers game would be loving amazing at this point

Also :lol: at Marvel 2 never being released from its hell-prison

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

All these games have had GGPO rollback for years now. I don't wanna hear how hard it was for Capcom to "add training mode and rollback" when some guy in his basement did it alone 20 years ago and is still how everyone plays online.

I get it if you're a console only guy, but if anyone is new to the thread since Capcom's last $49.99 hustle there is very little reason to buy any of these collections on Steam.

boogs#6617 if you wanna play my scrubby handsome mermaid-man on Fightcade VSav

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
I was also wondering what the big deal was, since all those games already had rollback for ages now via FightCade but maybe there's tons of people that don't know how to PC. :shrug:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yes the market for fighting games is much bigger on consoles and yes it's good to have legitimate avenues to playing them.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
A fully featured training mode would be neat if that's what they add, plus I won't have to deal with random challenges from people I don't know when I just wanna play with a friend.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

DLC Inc posted:

SF6 has a chance to be loving insane if they bring back characters we haven't seen in a while like Necro, Hakan, Adon, etc. Imagine all those freaks in the RE Engine hyperreal style, let's go full sicko mode

Give us Joe!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
hakan gonna be so fuckin' shiny in re engine

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'm trying to work and I can't stop thinking about how wide Ryu is.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
my uncle told me that c viper, who is also in, is as wide as ryu in SF6 and I'm hype

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The Dave posted:

I'm trying to work and I can't stop thinking about how wide Ryu is.

https://twitter.com/gamespite/status/1495785087933243399

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
how do I feel about the teaser? i'm pretty lukewarm.

Kale
May 14, 2010

So Ryu is just outright established old and gritty now. I like how they tried once to turn the game over to a new generation with SFIII, but it just kind of never went down that way.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
He kinda looks like paul phoenix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
He looks like a big featureless rectangle now