Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Available via steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/671860/BattleBit_Remastered/ for $15 (a steal!)

:siren: AVAILABLE IN EARLY ACCESS NOW :siren:

Wish BF2042 had more guns? VOIP? Better class definitions? More reason to play as a squad? Fewer polygons? The ability to curse your enemies when they kill you?

Coming seemingly out of nowhere from a dev studio of two, it's the best large scale FPS in....a long while!

Battlebit Remastered has a dumb name, looks (at first at least) like a gimmick game, and has absolutely nobody behind it you've ever heard of. It's also the most fun you'll have in a shooter, possibly ever. The game is currently in a weekish-long public test phase, which lasts until January 22nd. It's going to be coming out at some point (soon hopefully) on to early access on steam, but the game is already fully functional and fleshed out. It's out! It's good! Play it!

Current features:
- Fully integrated VOIP, including proximity chat which kicks on automatically on death. Similar to Warzone, you get to hear the impulse reactions of people you tag in CQC.
- 11 maps, ranging from medium to very large sizes, all playable in day or night, in any game mode. 2 more maps are planned so far.
- 6? game modes, including Conquest, Conquest (infantry only), Rush, Construction, Elimination, and Frontline
- 23+ primary weapons, each with TONS of attachments (scopes, barrels, magazines, canted scopes, under-barrels, etc)
- A bunch of sidearms and gadgets, including multiple types of explosives and tools
- 6 classes (Recon, Medic, Support, Engineer, Assault, and Leader)
- 250 player 60hz servers, including dedicated servers with a server browser
- Hardcore mode? If you like that sort of stuff
- Squad system, including squad resources which can be used by the leader and engineers for deployables and...
- Construction (fortifications, etc)
- Almost entirely destructible structures
- 11 vehicles
- Dragging downed players (including enemies)

Honestly I could keep going but it already sounds like a fake bullet point list considering you probably haven't ever heard of this game. I don't even have a ton of media yet because I just discovered this today, but have been having an absolute blast playing.

If you read this before this current playtest ends, you should absolutely give it a shot. It's always available now!

GOON GROUPS

There's a few discords playing this game that you can join

https://discord.gg/hDk7f6d4ed - GAMETIME
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3845393 - The Planetside goons are also playing this, discord link at the top here

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/831860276676395018/933464648911564843/luckyme.mp4
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...07.DVR_Trim.mp4
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/831860276676395018/933266607449460757/BattleBit_2022-01-19_02-41-29_Trim.mp4

Skyl3lazer fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jul 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

I don't know if there's a way to make the webms smaller on desktop so sue me

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Game is really good, reminds me alot of BF2 with maybe a bit of BF3 and modern ideas taken from Squad. Playing on 260 player servers is hialrious.

JUst wish there wasnt a grind to unlock scopes since they are so important.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Buller posted:

Game is really good, reminds me alot of BF2 with maybe a bit of BF3 and modern ideas taken from Squad. Playing on 260 player servers is hialrious.

JUst wish there wasnt a grind to unlock scopes since they are so important.

Apparently their roadmap has "Rework weapon attachment unlock kills" on it, so we'll see what that ends up being

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
I've had a lot of fun with the playtest. There's definitely a lot of balancing to be done but the bones of it are great. It runs great and doesn't feel unbearably laggy even with 200 players.

It's a nice halfway point between Battlefield and Squad. Anyone who liked 24/7 Metro / Operation Locker spam fests will love this on the smaller maps (think Locker but with 200 players lol...) and there are some huge maps that allow for more tactical gameplay with flanking and use of squad spawn points, vehicles, etc.

Def. keeping an eye on it and dropping the $15 when it releases.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Playtest ends now, very fun game im defo getting it as soon as its early access.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

I'm going to miss this game! The next playtest will reportedly be in a month.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Any planes or helicopters in the plans?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Grondoth posted:

Any planes or helicopters in the plans?

Helicopters are on the roadmap, the maps are a bit small for planes according to the devs

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I miss this game, had a real good time playing. I think my main complaint would be the maps aren't all that great. Some are good, but when you get to the small urban maps with a couple hundred people, it's hard to do anything at all. Also it can be hard to spot people, but that seems kind of intentional. I am also not a big fan of the bleed mechanic. Other than that, I think it's really fun and unique and the shooting feels pretty tight. It has this squad mechanic that feels like you should be hanging with your squad, but no one uses squad mics, everyone is always in combat so you can't spawn on them, and no one uses the spawn beacon. I am a bit worried that this game is popular as more of an anti-2042 meme than something people will actually play and stick with. A PC only shooter with large player modes, and low poly count with a fast ttk may be a tough sell in the long run when people get tired of being mad at 2042.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Rusty posted:

I miss this game, had a real good time playing. I think my main complaint would be the maps aren't all that great. Some are good, but when you get to the small urban maps with a couple hundred people, it's hard to do anything at all. Also it can be hard to spot people, but that seems kind of intentional. I am also not a big fan of the bleed mechanic. Other than that, I think it's really fun and unique and the shooting feels pretty tight. It has this squad mechanic that feels like you should be hanging with your squad, but no one uses squad mics, everyone is always in combat so you can't spawn on them, and no one uses the spawn beacon. I am a bit worried that this game is popular as more of an anti-2042 meme than something people will actually play and stick with. A PC only shooter with large player modes, and low poly count with a fast ttk may be a tough sell in the long run when people get tired of being mad at 2042.

Try playing it with friends! Makes all the squad mechanics really stand out.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Next playtest starts in 3 hours! And yes ou can preload the game already now.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1611740/view/3127190691506525421

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Playtest is up!

e; Apparently there's some issue with EAC that the main dev is panicked over for some reason, and he's delaying this playtest to fix whatever bug. It was fun as gently caress and people know it's a beta so not sure why.

Skyl3lazer fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Feb 20, 2022

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

And it's back again, lol

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

this is shocklingly good

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Fun game, thank goodness they put it back up, was looking forward to it.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

queeb posted:

this is shocklingly good

I know right? I went in to it like "ha ha funny battlefield gimmick" and was just stunned at how fun it is.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Important notice, go into the gameplay settings theres alot of things to set in there.

I would recommend changing or at least being familiar with how your fast reload and tactical (retaining) reload is configured so that you dont drop all your mags and cant resupply them.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Is building and supply in? I can't like... do anything with the sledgehammer and there's no tutorial in the game or online. But then again the hammer is THERE so I'm befuddled

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Grondoth posted:

Is building and supply in? I can't like... do anything with the sledgehammer and there's no tutorial in the game or online. But then again the hammer is THERE so I'm befuddled

Hammer is for smashing holes in walls.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
This game is good and it would be 1000% better if we got some organized squads going.

Grondoth posted:

The sledgehammer is for destroying stuff. I think there's a wide variety of different material hardnesses. e.g. I've seen people remove manhole covers with sledgehammers, and I've broken through interior walls with them, but exterior walls don't seem affected and fences don't seem to even let you hit them.

I've seen people deploy and build fortifications, no idea how that works yet though--might be a squad leader thing?

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I have seen the engineer put up barricades. I think the menu is in the middle mouse or something? I forget.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
If you click middle mouse button as squad leader you can put down rally points, ammo, and barricades.

When you squad gets points you accumulate "squad points" You can then use for this.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Engineers and leaders can both use squad points to build, leader can also do ammo drops and spawn beacons. I don't think engy can do those two.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
How do you use C4? The game insist it's in my loadout but I haven't managed to actually pull it out.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Ralith posted:

How do you use C4? The game insist it's in my loadout but I haven't managed to actually pull it out.

There's 2 types of C4 - 'strapped' c4 that's a suicide vest, idk how to use it I've never tried. The normal c4 is just gadget 4 or 5, left click throw/right click detonate. You can really wing it too.

Unrelated, this playtest is scheduled to go to Feb 23rd

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Skyl3lazer posted:

There's 2 types of C4 - 'strapped' c4 that's a suicide vest, idk how to use it I've never tried. The normal c4 is just gadget 4 or 5, left click throw/right click detonate. You can really wing it too.

Unrelated, this playtest is scheduled to go to Feb 23rd

Hnnnnnnng BC2 C4

Gonna play this when it's back up.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Next playtest is April the 8th to April the 10th

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Reminder: It's battlebit time again, it's live.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

lol no

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
I canceled plans to play :(

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
RIP

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Server issues, huh? This game is a lot more like Battlefield than i thought.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Server issues, huh? This game is a lot more like Battlefield than i thought.

Turns out they were getting heavily DDOSed

Goddamn Hippy
Jan 18, 2006

Skyl3lazer posted:

Turns out they were getting heavily DDOSed

Yeah, probably by Dice lol.

This game is fantastic, the movement alone is incredibly satisfying and liquid.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

joking aside, i was able to play like 5 minutes on one of the unscheduled tests and it seemed pretty cool. Felt pretty smooth and knocking holes in buildings to create flanking routes was really cool. Too early to tell, but the gunplay seems tight and fun

They said there would be another public test before the end of April. Has there been any other news since then?

Maenad
Nov 16, 2021

Dionysio
The clean optics and proper ballistics really appeal to someone that doesn't really play arcade shooters, like Battlefield. (More EFT, Hunt, recently Squad.) Haven't had a chance to personally try it though, and at this rate it seems like it might be a while.

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

They said there would be another public test before the end of April. Has there been any other news since then?

It's been delayed, unfortunately. Too much DDoS'ing, which they need to counteract first.

* 480 gigabit DDoS attacks on game servers and master server on April 10th + Stress Test (April 21st)
* Playtest delayed until we can implement further protection from such attacks
* Testing format will change, next playtest is not the "Final". Public tests will be more frequent"

Hopefully not a huge delay, but ultimately it's a case of 'it'll be ready when it's ready'.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

drat this looks loving sick, do they push steam notifications or anything when the tests start? If not, what is the best way to be notified other than checking this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

New Zealand can eat me posted:

drat this looks loving sick, do they push steam notifications or anything when the tests start? If not, what is the best way to be notified other than checking this thread

Join their discord server.