Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
yall are forgetting the original NVP, Mr. Titty Kisser himself.

I mean, is it at least possible that the Bears made Trubs look a little worse than he actually was? I'm not saying he'd be incredible but I feel he could be a decent stopgap for some teams and I think he would be an improvement for the Panthers, maybe Washington, Tampa, and a couple others maybe depending on how things play out. This year he played against his old team and against a good defense (although granted, tired and getting blown out) took em straight down the field and scored. He could look like that on a good team.

He also only signed for one year so he will be a free agent, no trading necessary. I say give the kid another chance especially for the teams that are really struggling with their QB situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Giants are kind of the perfect landing spot for Trubisky. Already knows the offense. Relationship with the head coach. Unsettled starter without a firm commitment going forward.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mariota is probably attractive as a stop gap since he can probably be something in a QB room simply given how long he's been around now, and while I agree he's never going to win a superbowl he can at least scramble and run an offense.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I wouldn't mind the Colts signing Trubs and giving him a shot.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Codependent Poster posted:

I wouldn't mind the Colts signing Trubs and giving him a shot.

Trubs vs Wentz QB competition would be TREMENDOUS content

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

BlindSite posted:

Mariota is probably attractive as a stop gap since he can probably be something in a QB room simply given how long he's been around now, and while I agree he's never going to win a superbowl he can at least scramble and run an offense.

I don’t think he can, or he’d have been traded for draft capital. his ceiling is leading a team to third place in their division, depending on the division

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Giants are kind of the perfect landing spot for Trubisky. Already knows the offense. Relationship with the head coach. Unsettled starter without a firm commitment going forward.
Yeah, this actually makes a lot of sense. He and Daniel Jones even have similar skill sets, so you wouldn't have to significantly change the offense if the winner wound up going down/getting benched.
In any case, they have to do better than Mike Glennon and Jake Fromm, Jesus loving Christ :shepicide:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Daboll and Trubs would be a pretty big upside so I can see the gambles appeal

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Montana not on board the Trey Lance hype train...

Former NFL legend Joe Montana, however, doesn't believe Lance is "ready" to start for the 49ers ... and furthermore, disagrees with trading Jimmy G away in favor of keeping Trey.

"I think they should keep Jimmy until they find somebody that helps," Montana said on Radio Row during Super Bowl week. "I don't think Trey is ready to play yet."

https://www.tmz.com/2022/02/20/george-kittle-says-trey-lance-ready-start-49ers-despite-joe-montana-criticism/

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

who cares what Montana thinks

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

indigi posted:

I do.

I don't agree with him, but I care what he says.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
And you are the GOATse!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

indigi posted:

I know. What's he ever accomplished?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

as far as QB evaluations go he sucked poo poo at it

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
That would be some awfully big bucks for Derek Carr...

https://twitter.com/VinnyBonsignore/status/1493706491202715650

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Not sure about this one...

The Panthers Have Reportedly Reached Out to the Vikings About Kirk Cousins

https://www.egotasticsports.com/the-panthers-have-reportedly-reached-out-to-the-vikings-about-kirk-cousins/

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

CocoaNuts posted:

https://www.egotasticsports.com/the-panthers-have-reportedly-reached-out-to-the-vikings-about-kirk-cousins/

The Panthers seem like they're just taking increasingly wild swings at the QB position and it's just been backfiring on them horribly.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Aaron Rodgers is currently insta posting like a teenage girl having her first break up.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

CocoaNuts posted:

That would be some awfully big bucks for Derek Carr...

https://twitter.com/VinnyBonsignore/status/1493706491202715650

That how much QBs cost these days. At least they have a good QB they are paying that amount and not like a Dak level QB eating up a bunch of cap while being average to below average.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

We will be "shocked" at the money Mitchy gets this offseason.
https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/1496127492196810755

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CocoaNuts posted:

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I wouldn't be shocked if Mitch signed a Mike Glennon type of deal where it seems like a silly amount of money, but there is practically no money guaranteed after the first year.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i'd rather the panthers signed tittykisser than traded for cousins.

overpay i don't give a poo poo money isn't real

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

CocoaNuts posted:

Montana not on board the Trey Lance hype train...

Former NFL legend Joe Montana, however, doesn't believe Lance is "ready" to start for the 49ers ... and furthermore, disagrees with trading Jimmy G away in favor of keeping Trey.

"I think they should keep Jimmy until they find somebody that helps," Montana said on Radio Row during Super Bowl week. "I don't think Trey is ready to play yet."

https://www.tmz.com/2022/02/20/george-kittle-says-trey-lance-ready-start-49ers-despite-joe-montana-criticism/

What a shock. Montana supports the incumbent over the up-and-comer on the bench? Hard to imagine.

Steve Young was better than Montana. Montana was the Garappolo ofd his time

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

predicto posted:

What a shock. Montana supports the incumbent over the up-and-comer on the bench? Hard to imagine.

Lol

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

not that it matters but I'm actually serious that Young was better than Montana

Not a 49er fan, but I live in SF and watched both of them play many times. Montana had the advantage of a better offensive line, a better run game, and Walsh's offense was still new and teams didn't know how to defend it (unless they had Lawrence Taylor to rip poo poo up).

Young spent his 49er career with less time in the pocket, and still was incredible, and is the only pre 2000s QB among the leaders in QB rating (and quite a bit better than Montana on that score) Plus he could scramble and run like Russell Wilson.

Montana was great but Young was better and is horribly underrated.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

predicto posted:

If he’s asked about the GB situation, I wonder if Favre is on Team Incumbent or Team gently caress Rodgers.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
So Blaine Gabbert is gonna be the guy in TB?

Tampa Bay's head coach Bruce Arians laid the groundwork for that earlier this week. He talked up the 32-year-old veteran's skills while also pointing out why he hasn't had much success in the NFL.

From Tampa Bay Times:

“People may not like the overall record, but Blaine had eight head coaches and eight coordinators his first eight years,” Arians said. “He beat Jacksonville their best year and beat Tennessee their big year for us in Arizona. And he’s been in the system now. I don’t have a problem there and let Kyle continue to grow. Either one. (Gabbert) has never played with a team this good. He’s got all the respect in the locker room that he can have.”

https://www.egotasticsports.com/it-sounds-like-the-bucs-are-preparing-to-replace-tom-brady-with-blaine-gabbert/

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

i'd rather the panthers signed tittykisser than traded for cousins.

overpay i don't give a poo poo money isn't real

At this point I'll take Heinicke back for a late rounder after Washington trade or sign someone.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

CocoaNuts posted:

So Blaine Gabbert is gonna be the guy in TB?

Tampa Bay's head coach Bruce Arians laid the groundwork for that earlier this week. He talked up the 32-year-old veteran's skills while also pointing out why he hasn't had much success in the NFL.

From Tampa Bay Times:

“People may not like the overall record, but Blaine had eight head coaches and eight coordinators his first eight years,” Arians said. “He beat Jacksonville their best year and beat Tennessee their big year for us in Arizona. And he’s been in the system now. I don’t have a problem there and let Kyle continue to grow. Either one. (Gabbert) has never played with a team this good. He’s got all the respect in the locker room that he can have.”

https://www.egotasticsports.com/it-sounds-like-the-bucs-are-preparing-to-replace-tom-brady-with-blaine-gabbert/

I’d rather give him and Trask a shot at it for a year than sign one of the free agents out there. This years QB class sucks too. Unless they do a trade for a proven starter, which I don’t think is going to happen, rolling the dice on those two for a year seems fine.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

andey would be very handsome in carolina blue. the football kind. teal. w/e

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’d rather give him and Trask a shot at it for a year than sign one of the free agents out there. This years QB class sucks too. Unless they do a trade for a proven starter, which I don’t think is going to happen, rolling the dice on those two for a year seems fine.

I agree. I think this is a whatever year to build to 2023.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Maybe that's easier to do when you're on defense???

https://twitter.com/TMZ_Sports/status/1497540365053796356

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

CocoaNuts posted:

Maybe that's easier to do when you're on defense???

https://twitter.com/TMZ_Sports/status/1497540365053796356

remember when all the Eagles defenders came out for Wentz and you didn’t hear poo poo from a WR, RB, or OL?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Me personally no but that means very little

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
How many people actually put any sort of credibility into Aaron Rodgers actually changing teams? Obviously sports media covers it pretty intently, but I don't think I've ever met an actual person who thinks he's going to move on from Green Bay.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Eifert Posting posted:

How many people actually put any sort of credibility into Aaron Rodgers actually changing teams? Obviously sports media covers it pretty intently, but I don't think I've ever met an actual person who thinks he's going to move on from Green Bay.

Why not? I could see it but it also wouldn't surprise me if went Packer For Life either. A lot of hall of fame QB's changed teams in their later years, going all the way back to Joe Namath. Peyton Manning, Brady, Favre, Kurt Warner, Joe Montana, Ken Stabler...It's hardly unprecedented. Rodgers is a huge pain in the rear end and I'm actually curious why you think it's impossible (or even unlikely).

Anyway, Deadspin did an article that fits with the thread and had a few I hadn't thought about. Bridgewater to IND, Wentz to WAS, Watson to TB and Jimmy G to the Steelers make sense

https://deadspin.com/where-will-these-quarterbacks-go-1848553359

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

Why not? I could see it but it also wouldn't surprise me if went Packer For Life either. A lot of hall of fame QB's changed teams in their later years, going all the way back to Joe Namath. Peyton Manning, Brady, Favre, Kurt Warner, Joe Montana, Ken Stabler...It's hardly unprecedented. Rodgers is a huge pain in the rear end and I'm actually curious why you think it's impossible (or even unlikely).

Anyway, Deadspin did an article that fits with the thread and had a few I hadn't thought about. Bridgewater to IND, Wentz to WAS, Watson to TB and Jimmy G to the Steelers make sense

https://deadspin.com/where-will-these-quarterbacks-go-1848553359

ugh

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

DO NOT tell me the Commanders (I wince when typing that) are giving up on Ryan Fitzmagic. Dude is going to come back bionic this season. He's a young 39. Still has another 5 Tom Brady years left in him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

All the Bucs beat writers that have commented on it say its highly unlikely to happen and they're not that interested.