Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

SlimeTheCrazy posted:

Also, I just joined but I've been lurking these threads for a while now, and I drew the following in celebration of hitting these parts of the game.

Aww... lookit those heckin cuties. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

jumpwjoy posted:

Queenslayer Malkuth! It does have a nice ring to it. :allears:

holy balls

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away

SlimeTheCrazy posted:

Also, I just joined but I've been lurking these threads for a while now, and I drew the following in celebration of hitting these parts of the game.

Speaking of untraditionally cute, Tomerry is(are?) ADORABLE here.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009

jumpwjoy posted:

Queenslayer Malkuth! It does have a nice ring to it. :allears:

I love the detail where Bishop is having to determinedly not look at Malkuth there.

Keldulas fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Feb 22, 2022

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Literature—314.43—Spider Bud

Music: Lobby

Hod's running a basic Salvador build, the same one we used for Porccubus and The Carnival. It's particularly powerful on her floor, since Literature's Abnormality pages work very well with Flash of Sunup and Sunset Blade.

Medea is using the same Solidarity/Keeping in Stride Jikan base that Dimi used earlier, but the deck's been changed out. She's got Observe to keep her Strength up, and while I should have used 2 Opportunity Spotted, I put one Crack of Dawn in instead because… Well, honestly, I don't know why. :v:

Olga. I'm literally out of things to say about her until we hit the next chapter, where she becomes even better. Olga is the workhorse of the early game.

We've come up with an overarching strategy, Angela.

By letting the Abnormalities power up Miss Hod, we'll be able to ensure maximum damage, while Medea and I contribute by—

She doesn't pay any attention to us, Elle.

Oh… yeah. Oops. :sweatdrop:

I look forward to your success, then.

SNAP

Music: AbnormalityBattle01

Not one for spiders, huh?

They're… not my favorite.

We don't seem to be able to attack the mother yet, at any rate.

Spider Bud posted:

Growing children are always hungry.

Well now, we have a tasty meal ready for consumption… Come, children.

Rejoice. You will bring joy to my offspring.

For my children to be fed… You will become their prized meal.

We never know when we’ll find another prey… Let us preserve this one.

Standard Abnormality battle procedure applies: the first thing we do is read their passives to find out how the fight works.

Spider Bud itself only acts once one of its children are defeated, and then it attacks for two turns afterwards, focusing on whoever last defeated one of its children.

The Spiderlings, meanwhile, are very weak and vulnerable to Blunt attacks. They'll all focus on targets who have the 'Cocoon' status effect, which means at some point in this fight we'll see something inflict it on us.

Hey, Miss Hod? Since the Abnormality tends to become active when its spawn are harmed, I think we should begin by focusing on them.

When its children were harmed, it would descend… but it'd also wrap up the one who hurt them to eat later. It'd be certain death, wouldn't it?

Not this time. There's three of us, instead of just one like the old days. Whoever it targets, the other two will be able to beat it up.

Well… the Abnormalities are weaker than they used to be. And frankly, I don't see any other way forward… Let's try it.

Then let's smash some spiders!

Thin Webbing is one of the two pages that the Spiderlings can use, and it's a relatively powerful defensive page. The Bind it inflicts will also make intercepting attacks much less likely for whoever it happens to hit, but it's not that much of a concern.

Stingy Fangs is their other page, which inflicts Disarm on each hit. Disarm is like Feeble, but for defensive dice. Since we don't use any of those on Olga's page and she has Pierce resistance, I have Elle Tee steal this one.

The plan here is to focus on ensuring everyone generates 3 Emotion coins this turn, in order to let me get Look of the Day online as quickly as possible. This setup is at its weakest on turn 1, but taking damage this early isn't going to matter once our Power gains get rolling.

Oh, c'mon! That should've worked! That always works!

They're a bit tougher than I remember, too…

Don't worry. This was part of the plan, right? My powers should be protecting you, as well.

Yeah… I just wish it didn't involve getting bitten by spiders.

It's alright, Elle.

This time, we'll be able to bite them back.

I'm all warmed up, too. Let's crush them all at once.

Alright! All together now.

Medea's 4 Strength this turn will turn both of these clashes into near-certain victories, and deal a ton of damage to two of the spiderlings.

Hod, meanwhile, is going to be able to use her 1 Strength and +2 Power from Look of the Day to similarly crush these Spiderlings. They'll be able to get their next Emotion Levels from these clashes alone, but the only way for Elle to realistically get a level up as well is to finish off one of the weakened Spiderlings.

To that end, I have her target a pair of Spiderlings that should be left barely alive by the attacks I've lined up. Because she's using Olga, it's not the end of the world if she misses... But I do want that second Abnormality page online ASAP.

On three.

One…

Two…

Three!

I've knocked two of them off-balance.

Nice work, boss! That's why you're giving the orders!

One down over here!

The other's down, but not out! Find any soft targets, Elle?

Just one! You sort of… killed the other while I was on the way.

That's still a job well done, you too. Now we just have to see if it worked…

In the meanwhile… I'll allow this bloodthirst, just for now.

Axe will heighten the first two attacks of Hod's Sunset Blade page even further, turning it into an overall 5-12/5-11/5-10 page. It also buffs her Flash of Sunup similarly.

Well… the good news is, it worked.

The bad news is it's looking right at me.

Whenever we defeat a Spiderling, the eyes in the background all glow red as Spider Bud activates. In this state, it targets the last librarian to have defeated a Spiderling. It also gets new lines.

Spider Bud posted:

You lowly creature… You dare touch my children?!

You will pay!!! The hunt begins now…

I shall be precise this time…

Go ahead, show that worthless courage you had when you robbed me of my children!

A prey, mocking its predator… How pathetic.

Spider Bud's only combat page, Catching Food, is a guaranteed 10-10 Blunt attack which inflicts the cocoon status. Its guaranteed Speed Die of 10 makes it all but impossible to redirect, and even if we could there aren't a lot of pages which can match that power reliably.

While Elle tries to take out the remaining Spiderlings, Hod and Medea focus in on Spider Bud itself.

For reference, Elle Tee goes into this turn with 24 Stagger Resist to her name.

Guys, it's got me all tied up! I can't move!

Catching Food has another secondary ability that it doesn't mention: on hit, it will instantly Stagger its target. This makes the passive of the Spiderlings which gangs up on cocooned opponents particularly troublesome, since they'll be taking double damage from each hit.

Don't worry! We've got it!

Hod tears a chunk out of its hide.

While Medea Staggers it.

Passing it back to you, boss!

I have it.

Hod's floor is designed to throw out a lot of damage if we know what we're doing. It's a little excessive, to be honest.

It should burn away before it can act again. We're all done here.

I'd rather not take that chance.

Now, who's left?

Like with Fairy Queen, we do have to finish off the Spiderlings before the fight is considered won. The spider icon underneath Elle Tee is the cocoon debuff, indicating that all the Spiderlings will try to target them.

I think a feint here will be enough to finish off each spider, right?

Seems like it. You've really gotten used to standing on a battlefield, Miss Hod.

I've been making an effort to learn everything I can. I can't simply hide behind you all forever, after all.

This is really touching and all… but could you wait until after I'm untied? The web's kind of pulsating and it's really creeping me out.

Of course. Hold on just a moment.

With only two low health Spiderlings left, I clash their attacks using our slower speed dice with each of our two Librarians. This lets us get in a pair of one-sided attacks against them before they ever get the chance to attack us.

It ends exactly as you'd expect.

Well… that's that, I suppose. Let's get Elle Tee unwrapped.

Thank you, ma'am…

Spider Bud can get a little bit testy if we have to deal with it and three of the Spiderlings at the same time, but either focusing it down quickly when it first appears or defeating all the Spiderlings at once to put it into a permanent active state are both perfectly good ways to deal with it. Overall, Spider Bud isn't too difficult of an opponent.

VIDEO
Music: HodStory

And the librarians here seem calm and collected, just like you are, Hod.

Oh, hey Roland. They may seem meek and quiet, but when they work, they work hard. I rely on them a lot.

And I’m relying on my librarians quite a bit, too. What are you guys doing anyway, all gathered up here? Doesn’t seem like you’re sorting books.

We were having a meetup of our book discussion club. We pick a book that catches our attention, read it, and then talk about it.

Not exactly the kind of meetups the librarians on my floor would like to have. I’m guessing your librarians are all gladly joining in with you then?

Yeah, they are. They’re helping me out with this more passionately than I expected.

I was thinking at least some of ‘em would protest out of laziness.

Imagine if you asked Netzach to join. He’d have run away before the meetup could even start.

Hahaha. You’ve got that right, he totally would. Still, I can tell things have changed from the past. I used to have similar meetups back in Lobotomy Corp, you see.

Really? I suppose those weren’t the peaceful book club meetings you have now.

You’re right. I ran a counseling program with my employees. They were always living in fear of the Abnormalities if they were lucky enough to survive. I wanted to be of help somehow. But back then, I imposed myself and my ideas on them too hard. If the employees seemed ever so slightly uncomfortable with counseling, I’d beat myself up over it and let the wound fester inside of me. I was upset that no one understood my goodwill.

…I know, right? I think so too. All the things I did to help others weren’t really out of goodwill or anything. I was just seeking consolation for myself. I wanted forgiveness for the misdeed I committed in my first life. By being helpful to others somehow.

So, did you get to be a helpful person?

No… There’s no way I’d actually be of any help with that kind of mindset. I even tried Enkephalin.

Enkephalin, huh… The pressure must’ve been serious if you started doing drugs…

Despite everything I tried, I couldn’t find salvation anywhere. Nothing I did could liberate me from the fact I was a bad person and a sinner.

And then you almost had the chance to take that weight off your mind, but Angela foiled that in the end?

Yeah, that’s how it went.

Even when Angela was standing in our way, I was only thinking about myself. Selfish, wasn’t I? “This was my one and only chance to finally repent once and for all, but it all came to naught…”

It’s silly, I know… I was still too stupid to realize it then. That you can’t just become a good person through a good deed or two. What really matters is the mindset that prompts you to do such deeds.

And how’d you run into that realization?

Well, I learned it after talking to my librarians face to face and holding lots of meetups like this, ironically enough. I carefully suggested having these book club meetups, too. Like you said, a few librarians didn’t like the idea at first. But when I explained why I wanted to hold this meetup and how I felt, they warmed up to it and helped me out with enthusiasm. It wasn’t about the method or action itself. I realized that we should lay our hearts out in the open and let our thoughts confront each other.

All’s well that ends well.

Hmm… Not sure if our prideful Miss Library Director had the delicacy to set up a plan so considerate.

…I think I’m going to confront her for real this time.

For what, exactly?

I’ll face Angela and let her know what I think.

That’s going to take some courage.

You’re right. Angela still feels a bit distant and scary to me, but I’ll try to approach her nonetheless.

And I’ll be rooting for you from the sidelines when that time comes!

You might end up losing your limbs again if things don’t go well. Are you gonna be okay with that?

You’re a coward just like me, aren’t you, Roland?

Well hey, birds of a feather flock together. Let’s be both brave, together as cowards.

Yeah. Thanks for the encouragement, Roland.

All of the Lower Layer is finally up to Level 4! Let's take a peek at our goodies. :getin:

Cocoon gives us a very good trio of debuffs when we roll maximum damage, making it particularly good when paired with pages like Opportunity Spotted with a lot of 2 range dice.

Meal gives Hod some decent sustain in specific types of battles—whoever takes it can focus down Staggered opponents while giving the team a very good heal with every attack they make. It's not the best HP restoration page, but there's no downside to it either.

As for Alertness… I really like Alertness. It's effectively +1 Power in every clash, meaning it stacks very well with all of the other Power stacking that Hod's floor gets. On top of that it gives us a 50% chance to slow the enemy and let us pile bonus damage onto them next turn whenever we're clashing, which we'll always want a power-stacked Hod librarian to be doing. It's basic, but it's good.

Angela…

Hod, you're just in time. Your new teammate is prepared.

Already?

We appear to have passed a threshold. I had theorized the last one came so quickly due to their simplicity, but it seems that as the Library materializes further the process becomes more efficient.

I see… Where are they, then?

I took the liberty of sending them to your floor. There was no reason to wait here for you to appear.

I suppose that's true… Thank you, Angela.

I guess you're putting a pin in what we discussed?

It's alright. I'll do it later. My old employees should come first.

Maybe I'll go meet them, too.

Unfortunately, Roland, you're needed elsewhere.

Something come up?

Precisely. You'll be meeting someone.

…oh?

Miss Hod! Welcome back.

Oh, Switch. It's good to see you. Have you been briefed on everything?

I started to give him the rundown, but…

I already knew about it!

You… knew?

It was in a book that I read through. This business about defeating foes and transforming them into reading materials… It's all smoke and mirrors, I'm sure of it.

Ahh, you're still on about this sort of thing, huh?

Obviously! Everything has to have a rational explanation, and I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of what's going on around here if we keep our eyes open.

…The best of luck to you, Switch. I think you'll need it.

---

Lastly, since we've gotten all four of the Lower Layer floors to level 4, we've unlocked an entirely new floor!

VIDEO
Music: TipherethStory

Its Patron Librarian is Tiphereth… What’s up with all these weird names?

Hello! Tiphereth~! Are you there~!!

There's a satisfying THWACK noise accompanying this line. :allears:

Hrk…

I’m standing right in front of you. Where do you think you’re looking?

What, you’re totally a kid?

I’m actually a lot taller than I used to be, you know?

Oh, compared to your past self in Lobotomy Corp?

No, I mean compared to my first life. I was an actual kid back then, but it looks like I woke up with an older body this time. I’m not sure if it was the Library’s powers or Angela’s thoughtfulness, but this body should be better suited for librarian work, so I’m cool with it either way. Although, if it actually took all the years I’ve lived into account, I’d have to look a bit older.

Putting that aside, isn’t it a little rude to punch someone you just met in the face? This is giving me flashbacks.

Well, it’s because you were being such a clumsy dork! What’s your name, anyways?

Roland. Previously: A Fixer scraping at the bottom of the barrel. Current Status: Helping Angela.

I suppose you’ve already met the ones of the Upper Layer.

Upper Layer? I thought I was going up, not down?

…Right, it would be the lower floors this time around. Still, you get what I mean, so just roll with it!

Sheesh, aren’t you the sassy one.

I’m Tiphereth, in charge of the Floor of Natural Sciences.

I thought doing science required actual thinking, though?

You’re pretty brisk with throwing punches, but it’s not quite as quick as someone I used to know, eh?

Grrrrrrr! Stop looking down on me, will you? I heard a lot of stuff about science in my past workplace, you know?! I’m probably a lot older than you in actual age, too!

What’s the point of being older if that doesn’t reflect your words and actions, little miss~?

Curious as always. She almost feels like a child sometimes.

That’s understandable, I suppose… Angela lived her whole life in a basement after all.

Yeah. Said she never even got to see outside. I’m guessing you aren’t holding some deep-rooted grudge against her like the other librarians are?

I roughly know what she went through. I thought she was just cruel, but… I could see some events of the past while I was asleep. I could also see things happening in the present, all the way down to the moment you woke me up. So I can understand Angela somewhat. I’m pretty sure the librarians who are still asleep all have a grasp on what’s going on as well.

So, you agree with Angela’s choice?

It depends on the one final choice she’ll make at the end of this. I’m willing to help her out for now, at least. Our primary goal is the same, all things considered.

To complete the Library?

Yep. The light is only truly meaningful if it shines for seven days straight.

Boy, is it refreshing to meet an amicable librarian for once! Alright, I’ll make sure to bring some picture books next time as a bonus.

Urrrrgh…!

A-ny-ways! Now that I'm here, we can really start to get things underway.

Y'know, the work we do isn't exactly suited for lone children to handle. Not to mention you don't have those Abnormality things helping you out…

Not a kid!

And who ever said I was alone?

Starting with the Middle Layer, every new floor comes with a pair of Assistant Librarians in an attempt to make them playable. This mostly doesn't work—the lack of Abnormality pages and the low max Emotion Level really hurts underdeveloped floors.

This has… certainly been a strange month.

I dunno, I kind of liked it?

Omni… what are you doing here? :psyduck:

I'm not really sure. Maybe it's a side effect of trying to unleash my E.G.O weapon's true power?

There was a reason Malkuth and I told you not to do that, you know. We had to clean you off the Central department's floor after things were done…or we would have if there was time, anyways.

But did it work?

When the dust settled, we couldn't find you or that Magical Girl anymore… so, maybe?

She vanished, and now I've made it here. Seems to me like it all worked out, boss! Just like in my animes. ;)

Please fix that Upper Syndrome if you're going to be working here from now on…

With our new floor acquired, we're finally out of Abnormality Battles to deal with for the moment, and we've also hit the level required to go on to the next chapter. All that's left is to complete the rest of the Urban Plague receptions and we'll be ready to go.

Next time, on Library of Ruina

Slash.

Pierce.

Blunt.

Videos

Hod 4
Tiphereth 1

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Feb 23, 2022

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
And that’s a show off of Hod’s floor just annihilating something. Not only did Spider Bud get killed from full, you went like 20 damage over… with two librarians… and would’ve had a whole next turn if it lived that long.

I appreciate that Spider Bud got translated in a way completely consistent, since if Elle was alone, she’d indeed be dead as per the LobCorp kill.

Daring Decision is starting to show it’s age now. Though the fact that Olga’s page will go infinite with decent power and zero ego investment means it’s not exactly terrible still.

SlimeTheCrazy
Feb 21, 2022

I HAVE CHORTLES
If there's one thing that can be said for the abno fights in Ruina, is that some of them really help you appreciate these creatures in a new light as actual characters. This fight and the lines and personality they gave spider bud took it from an abno I sometimes forgot existed to one of me favorites! I just love the fact it's so protective of its babies and how somber Hod is upon realizing she did just basically just break into their house and killed an entire family.

Same goes for most of the abnos shown so far, really. Specially Todays Shy Look!

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.
:negative: I have four librarians to draw. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...n

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Hell yeah, nuggets!

Okay, making a call: the assistants aren't assigned where they worked, they're assigned where they died.

Also, if it was Angela's choice how old Tiphereth was revived as: what a jerk! Letting her finally grow up a bit after thousands of years in LobCorp, so instead of being around 8 she's.... around fourteen.
Guess she's still a kid at heart, though. It does make some sense.

Tenebrais fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Feb 22, 2022

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

NullBlack posted:

:negative: I have four librarians to draw. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...n

I'm sincerely sorry. Upside: there shouldn't be another pileup like this again. Probably. I hope.

Keldulas posted:

And that’s a show off of Hod’s floor just annihilating something. Not only did Spider Bud get killed from full, you went like 20 damage over… with two librarians… and would’ve had a whole next turn if it lived that long.

Hod's floor is busted as heck and I love her. :allears:

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Cocoon is basically Metallic Ringing without damage type restriction and inflicting more debuffs. But for most dice you have only 10%-20% chance of activating. To capitalise on this card you want a deck with as tight dice ranges, as possible. Sadly tight range dice tend to be on weaker side. On the bright side, unlike emotion coins, fixed range dice do trigger this card.

Meal is good. It is AOE Gluttony! Note that "allies" in this context means all your librarians, including the one using this card. Some numbers: 4 attacks on staggered target are equivalent to one round of A Token of Friendship with endgame HP numbers. With our current numbers it's 2 attacks. Only downside is that it requires staggered, but alive, target, which are often hard to come upon, and they tend to die before you get enough healing. If you choose Social Distancing and Look of the Day before, you can block enemy into submission, ensuring a lot of HP to feast upon!

Alertness... Let's compare it with Display of Affection. DoA gives better bonus to dice. Alertness decreases enemy dice value instead of increasing your own, which means that you won't get more damage or restoration after winning clash. DoA is level I card, Alertness is level 2. Alertness does not have a one-sided attack downside (why are you doing one-sided attacks when you have card which improves clashes). Alertness has a chance to inflict Bind (meh) and Fragile (so-so). As you can see, Alertness is pretty comparable with Display of Affection. Granted, DoA is a very strong card for its level, but that still means that Alertness is pretty weak for its level. I do not know why you would take it instead of Meal, Shyness or Obsession

There is no puzzle to Spider Bud. Just deal with it like with any other Reception. Only elements of strategy you can allpy is to either make sure that as many spiders as possible are killed or staggered on cocoon stage, so they wouldn't swarm staggered librarian; or to score a kill with librarian who can reliably parry Catching Food skipping cocoon phase altogether.

Facts about Spider Bud:
* If at least one of librarians, who killed spiders, is alive, it will only target one of those, selected randomly.
* If a spider was killed, while Spider Bud was down, 2 round counter will reset.
* Staggering Spider Bud will not prevent it from going back up.
* After all spiders are dead, Spider Bud hangs out indefinetly, attacking once per two rounds.
* You can counter and redirect Catching Food. It is just a normal card.

And we unlocked Tiphereth floor. And Roland got smacked in the face. Everything is perfect. I like banter between Roland and Tiphereth here. He is sure adapting fast to the onslaugh of sass from someone so small... Wait a moment...

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

There's something rather ironic about the Floor of Science looking like a church with alchemy symbols in the window. Fits well with Central's old aesthetic though.

Tenebrais fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Feb 22, 2022

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

hell yeah, Tiphereth is back! Looking forward to the Upper Lower floors unlocking sooner rather than later.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

TeeQueue posted:

You’re pretty brisk with throwing punches, but it’s not quite as quick as someone I used to know, eh?
I see Roland isn't a stranger to domestic violence.
Remember, this is not normal, do not tolerate abuse, seek help. Otherwise you might end up as a washed up 9th Grade Fixer, with eyes fixed on the past.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Tiph is in a bit of an awkward spot, coming to play right about as the lower floors start to come to their own, and takes a while to bloom to her own gimmick.

Thankfully we have Tee here who we can browbeat into using her anyway despite it being SUBOPTIMAL :v:

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
I guess Tiphereth isn't going to show up in this one, then. Unless former Central is split into two floors in the Library and we'll unlock the other one later.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Okay, so, difficulty being the indicator that it is, "Pierce" is Transpierce/where Phillip will reappear again. Not sure which of Slash and Blunt is Sayo, and which is rabbits/music, though.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Tiph's redesign in Ruina is fantastic, I love my angry teenage daughter and her intro being punching Roland in the face never gets old. :allears:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

I guess Tiphereth isn't going to show up in this one, then. Unless former Central is split into two floors in the Library and we'll unlock the other one later.

Didn't Tiphereth mention during those scenes flashing back to the white nights that Tiphereth had finally shut down for good? It does seem less cruel to let him rest in peace.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Also, if nothing else, Tiphereth's other two Librarians are going to be clear: It's Boksi and Chinely.

This means that the others who were in Central are going elsewhere-we saw this with Dimi and Switch, which leaves Gaia and Fat Sam to be relocated to other floors. What other floors remains to be seen, however.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Where’s Tiphereth?

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Tenebrais posted:

Didn't Tiphereth mention during those scenes flashing back to the white nights that Tiphereth had finally shut down for good? It does seem less cruel to let him rest in peace.

The Library doesn't seem to care much about trivial concepts like being hella dead.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".
oh boy, Tiphereth my Favourite

she's the greatest, that knockout punch :allears:

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

The Library doesn't seem to care much about trivial concepts like being hella dead.
It's true! But Angela does, at least very slightly. All the other Librarians had goals they wanted to work towards, at least in some sense. Tiphereth just wanted peace for Tiphereth, who was basically dissolving bit by bit under the weight of time and desire to move on to the afterlife. Angela is a cruel mistress in countless ways, but since she was guiding the formation of the Library, and since Tiphereth can do her job without Tiphereth, letting Tiphereth go seems like a small act of kindness on her part.

Or maybe she just didn't want Tiphereth slowing things down and Tiphereth to be pissed at her for bringing back Tiphereth only to suffer. Who knows?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

It's also possible that Tiphereth made allowing Tiphereth to stay dead an explicit condition for her cooperating.

Legend of Ruina
Sep 29, 2021
Now this is all assuming that you don’t do what some people do and just name all the assistants on the Floor of Natural Science Tiphereth and joke about them all being different backups of Tiphereth.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Legend of Ruina posted:

Now this is all assuming that you don’t do what some people do and just name all the assistants on the Floor of Natural Science Tiphereth and joke about them all being different backups of Tiphereth.
...big Tiphereth and her army of tiny Tiphereth nuggets is kind of cute...

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

SL the Pyro posted:

On the outside chance anyone remembers this exchange:

This was posted during a time when the Sephirah still existing was a spoiler, so I had to tape my trap shut and hate every second of it. Now that we're past that and have established that the Sephirah are returning, I can safely say: Tiphereth is working at the Library (after the floor opens, anyway).

Anything more than that, however, is going to have to wait until we actually meet Tiphereth. Newcomers may or may not be surprised by what awaits.

(Relatedly, it turns out I might not be recalling my trivia correctly, as I can no longer find any mention of the <thing> I was thinking of. But I would be unsurprised if it were true anyway.)

Oh hey, I can talk about the <thing> now!

So, the reason I couldn't mention anything about Tiphereth before: she's been aged up. This despite no one else having visibly aged up, nor having a reason to age up since they were brought back from the dead and all, yet Tiphereth is quite visibly a teenager rather than a child here. This change is reflected in the LobCorp Briah Tour trailer for the real life sandwich shop too.

The apparent reason for this new design which I still cannot seem to find my old source for, so take this with a grain of salt, but I would be unsurprised if it's true is, quite simply, that Project Moon did not want to show a child partaking in A Violence. It was different in LobCorp as the Sephirah were away from the action, but Tiphereth now being among the playable cast apparently necessitated the change. Mind you the City would absolutely be the sort of place where Bad Things would happen to children, but those Bad Things happening on-screen, even if it's just gameplay with nothing explicit, seems to be beyond the pale.

If the alleged reason behind the change is true, then it's a totally understandable reason, as showing child harm could seriously offend some viewers. My controversial opinion though is that I don't think this change was necessary? But I grew up during a time where the Kid Hero trope was a more popular trend (Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask, anyone?), so I imagine my perceptions are more jaded and desensitized.

All that aside, Tiphereth is still great and I look forward to the new floor to play with. Especially if Omni is there for the reasons I suspect.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Feb 22, 2022

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

SL the Pyro posted:

Oh hey, I can talk about the <thing> now!

So, the reason I couldn't mention anything about Tiphereth before: she's been aged up. This despite no one else having visibly aged up, nor having a reason to age up since they were brought back from the dead and all, yet Tiphereth is quite visibly a teenager rather than a child here. This change is reflected in the LobCorp Briah Tour trailer for the real life sandwich shop too.

The apparent reason for this new design which I still cannot seem to find my old source for but would be unsurprised about if it were true is, quite simply, that Project Moon did not want to show a child partaking in A Violence. It was different in LobCorp as the Sephirah were away from the action, but Tiphereth now being among the playable cast apparently necessitated the change. Mind you the City would absolutely be the sort of place where Bad Things would happen to children, but those Bad Things happening on-screen, even if it's just gameplay with nothing explicit, seems to be beyond the pale.

If the alleged reason behind the change is true, then it's a totally understandable reason, as showing child harm could seriously offend some viewers. My controversial opinion though is that I don't think this change was necessary? But I grew up during a time where the Kid Hero trope was a more popular trend (Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask, anyone?), so I imagine my perceptions are more jaded and desensitized.

All that aside, Tiphereth is still great and I look forward to the new floor to play with. Especially if Omni is there for the reasons I suspect.

Well that would finally explain why everyone's hero Finn is listed as 20 years old in the official art book.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Project Moon: officially kinder to children than Cavia!

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Tiphereth grew up so she could look down on all the people she complains about instead of being dwarfed by them

Prove me wrong :colbert:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

the Orb of Zot posted:

Tiphereth grew up so she could look down on all the people she complains about instead of being dwarfed by them

Prove me wrong :colbert:

Look at her team on the menu screen though, she's still a lil baby next to her nuggets

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

TeeQueue posted:

Project Moon: officially kinder to children than Cavia!

Gonna be honest I feel like this is such a low bar to clear it would be notable if they were less kind to children than Cavia.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
For those keeping track:
Malkuth vs. Fairy Festival requires Books of The Carnival, Gaze Office and Alloc.
Yesod vs. Singing Machine requires Books of Full-Stop Office, Liwei and Gaze Office.
Hod vs. Spider Bud requires Books of The Carnival and Salvador.
Netzach vs. Porccubus requires Books of Full-Stop Office and Salvador.

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
Obviously this means tiph needs the big muscle page so she can continue punching as things progress

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
Spider Bud's cards are overall nice. Cocoon is brutal when it triggers, and at this point you can use Observe + Opportunity Spotted to trigger it very reliably without losing out on damage. Meal can be good if you have a target that's staggered but is still really sturdy, but that doesn't come up much. Alertness is a great card and is at this point easily the best level II card on Hod's floor. Bind is a very very good debuff because most damage is caused by not being able to redirect clashes, and Fragile really helps stacking damage on people. Like, compare it to the other level II cards:

-Shyness is... not great. First off you need a specific defense heavy deck to make use of it, and secondly the bonus it gives isn't that big. Even ignoring the status effects from it, Alertness only gives 1 less power.

-As mentioned, Meal is very niche. Not even Tomerry was strong enough to not die before recovering from stagger(At least if you fight them with four librarians).

-Obsession is incredibly good if you bring bleed cards along... but you need to get a fuckton of negative emotion coins for it to even show up now that there are three other level II cards. With the huge +power boosts that Hod's floor gives it can be difficult to lose enough clashes to get those coins, especially without losing a librarian.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

Two down, two to go.

the illustrator would like to state for the record: it's not his fault Omni appears to be made of stone. Blame that on the skin color provided.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

NullBlack posted:

Two down, two to go.

the illustrator would like to state for the record: it's not his fault Omni appears to be made of stone. Blame that on the skin color provided.

:allears:

God, this is so good.

Winterdragon2004
Mar 28, 2021

I'll hear that wonderous sound again, even if it has to be from my own two hands

SL the Pyro posted:

The apparent reason for this new design which I still cannot seem to find my old source for, so take this with a grain of salt, but I would be unsurprised if it's true is, quite simply, that Project Moon did not want to show a child partaking in A Violence. It was different in LobCorp as the Sephirah were away from the action, but Tiphereth now being among the playable cast apparently necessitated the change. Mind you the City would absolutely be the sort of place where Bad Things would happen to children, but those Bad Things happening on-screen, even if it's just gameplay with nothing explicit, seems to be beyond the pale.
What are you talking about, we just murdered a mother and her four children this part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jumpwjoy
Jan 23, 2022
Yess, Tiphereth is here! Love that one of the first things she tries to do is punch Roland. He does have a very punchable face. :v:

I also agree that Alertness is one of the best cards here, Meal is tempting to get but staggered enemies just get deleted too easily to get the healing off imo. Except now that I see it again I didn't remember it was healing for all allies so actually that's pretty nice. Still, the bind that you can get from Alertness makes it even easier to redirect clashes how you want, and stacking with other Abno cards means Hod's floor either has an unstoppable Axe or an immovable Tank. Floor of Literature is very fun!

NullBlack posted:

Two down, two to go.

Hell yeah, this is the good stuff. :five: Can't wait for the animes to reunite, and for Tylana and presumably Boksi to join the Anime Club too. Boksi even fits in with the Magical Girl anime theme already since he had all of their EGO gifts in LobCorp.