Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Pretty anti-climactic if it's Chic who has barely played this game and not posted in 3 days.

I think it's Voodoo.

##vote Voodoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Pretty anti-climactic if it's Chic who has barely played this game and not posted in 3 days.

I think it's Voodoo.

##vote Voodoo

For a reason or just narratively?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Opopanax posted:

For a reason or just narratively?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

So voodoo apparently used the spice cop on OA and was suspicious of him.

If you look at his votes afterwards though he votes like 3 different people before finally voting OA after a soft defense.

On re-read GGN doesn't really stand out to me, still need to re-read Chic.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It being Chic isn’t very interesting, but it makes a lot of sense as to why Obama went out like a declawed kitten.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Voodoo, in my experience, would have tried to do more to save a buddy against a pure content case.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah I think it’s chic after looking at the chic Tobbs ggn group

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote chic

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yeah out of ggn chic i'd vote chic.

i made a serious case on them day 1 and voodoo did same:

Chic Trombone posted:

I mean yes they absolutely will pool it but why give them a head start on info??

Also I can't quote multiple atm but the person wanting to vote the people looking to gain points is bad, I can't remember who bc skimming at work but I dislike that stance a lot

Chic Trombone posted:

Well I've got a migraine brewing so idk how much I'll check in tonight but ##vote Tobbs feels fairly comfortable to me at the moment

I'm gonna go stick my head under a blanket for a while now

Voodoofly posted:

##vote chic

This callout on ham and the tobbs vote both feel like scum worrying about making a case and then trying to find a facile reason for it.

If you thought ham was scummy for his stance why not follow through? Also if you had a scum feeling on ham why would you drop what read like a “gotta vote someone” vote on tobbs instead?

hambeet posted:

with 100% sincerity this. a few people commented on my dumb call back (and i get not everyone will get it was a call back to the last game just played), but chic raised it in a (i think) deliberately cautious way. they highlighted that they didn't like it, but couldn't be bothered going back to find my name or even quote it in a second post.

throwing something out there like that is scummy because you're not committing, but you're waiting to see if someone else takes it up for you. trying to 'plant a seed' as you were.

so to then just go and vote tobbs because it's comfortable?

blammo.

##vote chic

blammo.

##vote chic

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Chic Trombone (3): Voodoofly, merk, hambeet
Voodoofly (1): Tobbs Gnawed

Not Voting (4): Chic Trombone, GenericGirlName, Hal Insandenza, Opopanax

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 23rd, 2022 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 2 hours.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

on the earlier convo, i dont think it would be tobbs. they've said OA for multiple days, pushing them as I pushed maerlyn.

voodoo i have wondered about back and forth, but not too seriously.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tobbs was, from my perspective, also putting some pressure on bif from early game. looks like testing?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh those turned out perf

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I'm fine with it if Chic is the consensus.

##vote Chic

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I’m fine with chic but I’m hoping Grandi puts down a flash sale related to making perfect ramen eggs first.

Although I suppose if we’re right it won’t matter

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

I’m pretty sure after the amount of times I made Grandi rewrite my mega mason spice blend last game day he is going to refuse to offer any new points for a long time.

Like I’m going to be a little sad if chic is not the last scum because I really want to see this masonry’s power in full force just for the amount of lunacy it can cause if nothing else.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sad if chic IS the last scum. Not is not. Whatever means Hal and I get to bring the masonry power online.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Votefinder being on the fritz is making this tough lol

It looks like were at -2 on chic, which I think is a good vote but I'd like to see more posts from chic to keep the flip from being a no read if it isn't chic.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

GenericGirlName posted:

Votefinder being on the fritz is making this tough lol

It looks like were at -2 on chic, which I think is a good vote but I'd like to see more posts from chic to keep the flip from being a no read if it isn't chic.

Do some scum hunting?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Opopanax posted:

Oh those turned out perf

I forgot to mention but those look tasty

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

So, what’s cooking thread?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Chic Trombone (4): Voodoofly, merk, hambeet, Tobbs Gnawed
Voodoofly (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed

Not Voting (4): Chic Trombone, GenericGirlName, Hal Insandenza, Opopanax

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 23rd, 2022 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 8 hours.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Voodoofly posted:

I forgot to mention but those look tasty

I would definitely make them again, although they have to marinate over night so they do take some planning

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Opopanax posted:

I would definitely make them again, although they have to marinate over night so they do take some planning

Alternatively you could just always have a batch marinating so you have tasty eggs forever.

Back when I had free time before a kid I usually always had a couple batches of kimchi going on the same general principle: you never know when you might need some!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Voodoofly posted:

Alternatively you could just always have a batch marinating so you have tasty eggs forever.

Back when I had free time before a kid I usually always had a couple batches of kimchi going on the same general principle: you never know when you might need some!

My favorite dive bars always have a giant glass jar full of eggs being pickled at all times.

I was hoping chic would come in and dazzle us with some cases but mehhhhhh

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Our fish and chip shops used to have the pickled eggs. They were banned when we banned our guns, having killed just as many I think.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

hambeet posted:

Our fish and chip shops used to have the pickled eggs. They were banned when we banned our guns, having killed just as many I think.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok well if chic isn't going to do anything and grandi isn't giving us a challenge should I just hammer? I mean hopefully it's game over after anyways.

Although I'm still a week away from making poutine

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Opopanax posted:

Ok well if chic isn't going to do anything and grandi isn't giving us a challenge should I just hammer? I mean hopefully it's game over after anyways.

Although I'm still a week away from making poutine

FINISH HIM!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Poutine! I've never made Poutine before, and I guess you could say I still haven't, but I might have gotten close.
Ingredients are super simple, Potatoes, Cheese Curds (replaced with mozzarella pearls because it's what was available to me) and gravy.

The biggest part of this is making frenched fried potatoes. I was using red potatoes with their skin on, which I like more than russets, but they aren't technically the best for this application. I cut them pretty thick, but that is preference. Then put them in some lightly salted water for at least 30 minutes.

Drain them off, then boil those fuckers for 3-4 minutes, until you can pierce them easily with a paring knife or a toothpick or whatever. You are par cooking them here. You could bake or fry them to par cook them too, it doesn't really matter. But the double cook is important for good french fries. I feel like it is even more important than the fried part, but that is my opinion. I've had great oven baked french fries, I've only had soggy, oily fries that were only cooked once.

However you get to this next step, you want to put your parcooked taters on some paper towels/kitchen roll, you are looking to dry them off. You want at least half an hour for them to cool and dry, up to 4 hours. This is where you can throw them in a zip top bag in the freezer so you can have french fries later. They freeze great at this step.

Time has passed. Preheat your oven to 400oF.
Toss your fries in oil then put them on an even layer on a sheet tray on some parchment paper. I didn't season here. I season once they came out of the oven. Bake them for like 15-20 minutes, then flip them and bake them for another 10-15 minutes, or until french fry color.

While it bakes, you can start on your gravy.
Heat some oil or butter in a pan. If it's oil wait for it to shimmer, if it's butter wait for it to foam. Add in an equal amount of flour, stir to combine. Let it cook off in it's paste form for about a minute, let it darken slightly, but you don't want to take it too far. This is a roux, it will thicken your gravy.

Now you mix in your gravy wets. I went with chicken stock, you could use any stock, or just milk. Whatever, it'll thicken because of the roux.

Season, I used thyme, salt and pepper. My stock was salt free, you will want to taste it especially if your stock is not salt free to get to a right seasoning balance.

Add more stock or cook it down to get the texture you want, you want to be able to pour this, but not have it watery.

Now your gravy is done, and your fries are hot out of the oven, toss your fries with some salt and whatever other seasoning you want, then throw them back in an oven safe container.

Throw some curds on top (mozz pearls).

Smother with gravy.

Top with more cheese.

And in the same oven for like 5 more minutes.

It was a very delicious lunch time for me. I would do this again, especially if I take my own advice and par cook too many taters and freeze them for later.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

:siren:What's this, a very late flash deal!?:siren:

Make something soupy.

Something Soupy is worth 25 points.

This deal will last 72 hours or maybe longer, we'll see.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote chic

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Chic Trombone (5): Voodoofly, merk, hambeet, Tobbs Gnawed, Opopanax
Voodoofly (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed

Not Voting (3): Chic Trombone, GenericGirlName, Hal Insandenza

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 23rd, 2022 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 3 hours.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Chic Trombone TOWN-Aligned The 'Hammie Sammich' has been executed Day 4.

I'm going to preface this with: when you see one of the ingredients, you are going to think I am crazy. I am not, I promise, this tastes great, gently caress the haters

Ingredients:
3 cans of Hormel-brand canned ham(*)
Approx 2 tsp yellow mustard
Approx 1/4 stick melted butter OR a few spoonfulls of mayonaise (**)
A few dashes of worchestshire sauce (up to a couple teaspoons, but this can overpower kinda easily for some folks)
one to two cups of shredded colby jack cheese blend - depending on how cheesy you like it
dried chives (you could use fresh I GUESS if you really want to)
dinner rolls OR really any bread I guess, go nuts, you can use what you want

(*) I'm going to be clear in that the reason I call for a specific brand here is because of nostalgia coloring my opinion. I've tried other brands and also have tried just shredding ham that I make, but it's never quite right to me, because this is a beloved childhood favorite my mother makes and it's just Not Right if it's not the right ham, don't @ me ok
(**) Which you use depends on if you want to bake them or not! I find that using the butter works better if you're going to bake the sandwiches to serve them hot, and mayo keeps a bit better if you're going to be serving it cold. Both ways are tasty, though!

First things first, get a large bowl. Put the ham in the bowl, and start shredding the canned ham - a fork honestly works fine for this! Once shredded nice and fine, add the mustard, cheese, and butter/mayo, and start to stir it together. You'll want to make sure that it's a nice, even consistency - so any big hunks of ham should be broken up, and mix it all well. Then you'll at the sauce I can't loving spell or say, and the chives, and give it another mix. The mustard and worchestchershire sauce can be to taste, a bit - this is a recipe from my childhood, and I'll be honest, it's one of the ones where I'm more "oh yeah that looks right/tastes right" vs. having exact measurements.

After you've got the spread all nice and mixed up - think, like, chicken salad for how it 'should' look, in terms of how mixed it is, I guess? - you can spread it on the bread of your choice. If you're going to bake it, really all you need to do is bake it just long enough to be nice and warm and the cheese just a bit melty. It's good!

Chic Tromone's The 'Hammie Sammich' is worth 25 points.

There will be a period of twilight until the stated deadline of 2/23/22 at 10PM EST at which time Night 4 will begin and last 24 hours.
You may continue cooking until tomorrow night and the points will be as if you cooked them on Day 4

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Hey go ahead and murder me. You probably already tried and that's why Maerlyn died.

Also it's voodoo everyone. Voodoo.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mmm, I could go for a spamwich

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If you murder me I will haunt scum chat

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You can murder me it's fine

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

:ghost:

My sister made this kick rear end greek kabob meal with grilled halloumi for dinner tonight. I think I could just eat roasted vegetables all day long, the seasoning was to die for. Meat was a bit tough so I might have used chicken instead but still tasty as hell.

I was going to make truffles but I'm out of cream cheese and it's horribly cold today...I don't want to run to the store :(

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Hey go ahead and murder me. You probably already tried and that's why Maerlyn died.

Also it's voodoo everyone. Voodoo.

It’s not but I don’t really blame anyone for thinking it is.

But the masonry made it. My work is done. I’m sitting back and doing nothing tonight as I have no spices that didn’t go into my opus.

All hail mega masonry. May it live forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Found a recipe for Elote Quesadillas and they're pretty dang good. The grocery store finally carries cotija so I can use it