Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The flashback to him getting acid poured on his face suggests that he's always been kind of a bumbler whose reach exceeds his grasp, he's just older and more powerful now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

also i don't know why having the ultimate warrior would even matter?

The kengan associations whole thing is that underground punch man fights are are a critical element of Japanese economics.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
One thing I think would have been a bit more interesting for both Masaki and Toyo would be to have clone masaki fight Yumigahara. First of all make Yumi a respectable fighter but still a scumbag; someone that's legitimately "fang" tier strong. Have him run Masaki over like a frieght truck but the happy lad just keeps getting back up after everything that would floor or incapacitate anyone else. Then have him win in a way that really scares people, they actually nailed this in the fight vs Arashi when Masaki snaps the judoka's collarbone while being thrown and the madness of his ground pound. Turn him into a dark Seki where he's figured out his opponents timings so every time he gets hurt he starts to dish it back and the pain and abuse starts to wear Yumi down until he loses to either a submission or a ground pound. Have his last moments be lamenting fighting under purgatory rules because the only way he could think to deal with Masaki is to kill him.

That way we actually establish Toyo as a real force to be reckoned with should the Kengan Association actually win and he's given that deputy position or whatever he negotiated. It's not specifically that Masaki was the better fighter but his ability to shake off pain and get back up makes him a hard matchup for fighters that specialize in non-killing and non-submission fighting styles. And put back under kengan rules Masaki could kill without conscious and without hesitation himself.

So finally, when we get to this moment where we're mourning Eroih's death and realizing that Toyo is about to stage yet another comeback (not a stupid coup like in this chapter just running rampant in kengan matches) his son just ends him abruptly because the sister told him the truth. Since I doubt Kengan will get another series being labelled Omega this clears up the future problems with Toyo Electric that would occur. Also, Hayami wasn't using the brainwashing to implant the OG Masaki's insanity, he was using it to implant his own consciousness into Clone Masaki in order to have a better control over him but that was sabotaged by his daughter who ran a subliminal track on the audio using her own voice quirk.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

this idiot thought that he had created the ultimate warrior based on ???. so naturally hayami's bodyguard, who is not the ultimate warrior, could easily subdue him. it's the perfect plan!

I don't think Hayami considered Masaki the Ultimate Warrior at that very moment, but that he'd grow into the Ultimate Warrior. After all, Masaki got his rear end handed to him by Purgatory's Judo guy and only won because of his inhuman pain tolerance and the no-killing rule resulting in the Judo guy having to hold back later on.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
masaki doesn't even have a beard.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

author is really ramping up the sexual tension in this manga

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

And for the next arc, it’s now a BL story.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Sextro posted:

It kinda already was, given how Koga and Gaoh's relationship has developed.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Sextro posted:

Hopefully, the story was a lot better when it focused on Koga and Gaoh.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oof, hooking up with someone who looks exactly like your ex while on the rebound is a very bad idea.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

To clarify, I’m here for this change in direction. I really think there’s some great ground to cover in the crossover space between the kind of manga that has Raian the human can opener and a BL punchmans story. Kengan has always benefited from that inherent genre tension, and it’s great to see it leaned into.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hell yeah I am happy to have more Koga shenanigans.

It's funny to go from the tournament where we see only the top tier fighters and then we go to Koga who's just happy he managed to win against a dude who never won a Kengan match.

I'm also interested in the Koga and Masaki friendship, especially considering what Masaki's hiding about Hayami's death and his potential insanity.

And gently caress yeah, excited about Ryuki and Setsuna shenanigans too.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

koga is making friends to increase his fighting power

now he just needs to stock up some flashbacks

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
We're right back into the swing of it and I like how things are playing out post tournament, even if that arc dragged on a bit too long. I missed Koga.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Pretty good comic this week

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

New chapter

Back to what Omega does best! Having a bunch of western Wu die immediately.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
weird that 90% of the Wu share the jobbing demon as their epitaph

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Really blueballing me on the Ohma vs Koga match here, guys

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
So Edward Wu(Wu Fei) died 5 times in his first 2 fights.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

JamMasterJim posted:

So Edward Wu(Wu Fei) died 5 times in his first 2 fights.

Turns out that cloning in any form is a really bad idea when the stock you choose is weak.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, at this point my expectation for a villain in Kengan Omega is to see if they get totally owned on the next page, or if they will last long enough to get totally owned in the next chapter and basically no amount of hype will change that.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Yeah, I'd rather it just stick to Koga trying to improve and kengan matches over trying to hype up a villain anyway, but the only one with any real threat right now still is maybe other Niko. That aside there's no reason to expect anything from any hyped villain unless they flat out body someone top tier and walk out unscathed or something.

Series is much better when it's not trying to have some menacing villain.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zerilan posted:

Yeah, I'd rather it just stick to Koga trying to improve and kengan matches over trying to hype up a villain anyway, but the only one with any real threat right now still is maybe other Niko. That aside there's no reason to expect anything from any hyped villain unless they flat out body someone top tier and walk out unscathed or something.

Series is much better when it's not trying to have some menacing villain.

Which is weird, because that's exactly what Edward did to Muteba. And then he got bodied by Raian.

Ohma's gonna be unstoppable by Kengan Asura 3, with that guy as his training partner, if they don't Pikachu him.

Also they cloned his loving heart, so Edward might end up being a fakeout and the real problem is all of the Kengan fighter clones.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

RareAcumen posted:

Also they cloned his loving heart, so Edward might end up being a fakeout and the real problem is all of the Kengan fighter clones.

well this is because he's likely a clone of the worm leader along with ryuki

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Which is weird, because that's exactly what Edward did to Muteba. And then he got bodied by Raian.

Other Niko fought Muteba who ended up just fine afterwards. Edward was just lazily sauntering away.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Lol if the next antagonist really is named Gilbert

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
A lot of good designs died this chapter.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

McTimmy posted:

Other Niko fought Muteba who ended up just fine afterwards. Edward was just lazily sauntering away.

Lol, get wrecked Edward. What a waste of smugness.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Other Niko is the only built up villain who hasn't managed to trip flat on his face yet.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Worm feels so toothless now.

I remember that right after Koga's qualification fight, the head of the qualification division got murdered by his coworker, who was actually one of Xia's mooks. And he got mudered really brutally, in a, OH gently caress kinda way, that sort of showed you how deep undercover the Worm were and what they were capable of.

Said dude nearly kills Koga.

Then Ohma and Raian come and own all of Xia's dudes, and Xia gets curbstomped and loses all his charisma, devolving into a whiny cockroach.

And the Worm just kept on not really impressing, like Lu Tien, who's just Agito with way less depth and character.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

The Worm feels so toothless now.

I remember that right after Koga's qualification fight, the head of the qualification division got murdered by his coworker, who was actually one of Xia's mooks. And he got mudered really brutally, in a, OH gently caress kinda way, that sort of showed you how deep undercover the Worm were and what they were capable of.

Said dude nearly kills Koga.

Then Ohma and Raian come and own all of Xia's dudes, and Xia gets curbstomped and loses all his charisma, devolving into a whiny cockroach.

And the Worm just kept on not really impressing, like Lu Tien, who's just Agito with way less depth and character.

but it's the worm!!

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

It kinda makes sense for the organization that seems to heavily lean on cloning and duplication would also be an organization that specializes in jobbing. Being a clone or other type of copy is just coding jobbing into the base level of any character in punchmanga after all.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Chapter 50 and Covid broke this series. Nuff said.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I got a toothless worm for ya, right here pal

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Worm still has some creepy stuff going on, like the mongolian guy, Other Niko is still a major player

Edward died for the sole reason that he like was posted previously "lazily sauntered" away, letting the Kure drag him down. Other Niko read the room and walked off at a brisk pace and got clear.

Even our Boy Xia there managed to escape

So really... its Edward who was extra stupid

I mean half the tourney worms were Other Niko's experiments and he throws them like trash for whatever his overall plan with developing an ultimate technique is.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

AtomikKrab posted:

I mean half the tourney worms were Other Niko's experiments and he throws them like trash for whatever his overall plan with developing an ultimate technique is.

Thinking about it, the Niko style ultimate technique pre-requisite was be on the verge of death, and passing it on required trial by combat on the verge of death, so maybe the development of this ultimate technique is the next level of that.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Artelier posted:

Thinking about it, the Niko style ultimate technique pre-requisite was be on the verge of death, and passing it on required trial by combat on the verge of death, so maybe the development of this ultimate technique is the next level of that.

To develop this technique you have to actually die?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

RatHat posted:

To develop this technique you have to actually die?

Oh, god, and that would be the perfect reason why Ohma is the Tiger's Vessel and the only one who can use it.

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sextro posted:

It kinda makes sense for the organization that seems to heavily lean on cloning and duplication would also be an organization that specializes in jobbing. Being a clone or other type of copy is just coding jobbing into the base level of any character in punchmanga after all.

But you see, Edward jobbed so good that nobody could really oppose him. Now that he is gone there will be a jobbing vacuum at his organization, to be filled with the best of the best.