Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

quote:

Maybe, instead of being drawn into skits with hosts dressed up as Goofy or Elsa, Disney’s “Storyliving” residents will be able to take part in more grounded adventures, as staff who never break character help them navigate mid-life crises and suburban ennui. Why pay for therapy if you can turn your life into theater? A happy ending can be written for you.

having to be a disney princess 24/7 for work jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I mean the Star Wars hotel thing isnt even panning out well because of what a fyre fest it's turning out to be

though idk if not living up to simulation standards makes it more or less dystopian

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Bodhidharma posted:

Anaheim is already Disney community in a lot of ways.

Thank god for the orange county liberation front

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
Debbie and I met at that Applebee's!

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I'm imagining it being like the end of the Good Place everyone stumbling around with no way out due to the party that never ends and enforced "fun", with the only escape being death

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I'm imagining it being like the end of the Good Place everyone stumbling around with no way out due to the party that never ends and enforced "fun", with the only escape being death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42hLntSxUeM

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Alan Smithee posted:

I mean the Star Wars hotel thing isnt even panning out well because of what a fyre fest it's turning out to be

though idk if not living up to simulation standards makes it more or less dystopian

i want deets, this sounds funny

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

i can't imagine that the pool of people willing to pay $5000 to $6000 usd to stay in a star wars themed hotel for two nights is that big

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

The_Franz posted:

i can't imagine that the pool of people willing to pay $5000 to $6000 usd to stay in a star wars themed hotel for two nights is that big

are you kidding me

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

The_Franz posted:

there's not many of them but they're huge

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

there's not many of them but they're huge

idk, jenny nicholson seems pretty slim

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

I also thought this so did some research

It's not open to the public yet, but Disney deleted one of the trailers. This one still meets the bar so idk how awkward the other one must have been:
https://youtu.be/48zQGqrX2EI

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
lmao

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

having to be a disney princess 24/7 for work jfc
wow that's sad

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i'm a disney princess at work but it's unrelated to by job duties

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

same but regular princess

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Achmed Jones posted:

i'm quasimodo at work but it's unrelated to by job duties

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/bostonglobe/status/1494753016725086214

https://twitter.com/bostonglobe/status/1494753027097518087

captain burns, eh?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Achmed Jones posted:

i'm a disney princess at work but it's unrelated to by job duties

I'm a princess in the streets, quasimodo in the sheets

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
if it means keeping charles off the throne im all for it

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

Fyre Fest might be a bit strong since there's no deets. But that's the thing, there are no deets for a mid 4 figure price tag hotel room. Even a michelin star meal would be Fyre tier

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Well that's an ok setup to a joke, and then completely ruining it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

FMguru posted:

if it means keeping charles off the throne im all for it

the queen consumes the minds of 1000 espers each day to power the psionic beacon that keeps charles too weak to claim the throne

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

put her in a dreadnought imho

"Even in death, one still serves" *crushes enemy with power fist*

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/andrewclaudio9/status/1495766113388568587

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I clicked on that for a bigger image and now there's that nazi gently caress stonetoss in my twitter recs

thanks

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I don't have a Twitter, so I can't get Twitter Nazis recommended to me. It's pretty sweet

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

I don't have a Twitter, so I can't get Twitter Nazis recommended to me. It's pretty sweet

#lifehack

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i just have my twitter set to germany. no nazis.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i just don't use the site that sucks

well

i don't use THAT site that sucks

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

i just have my twitter set to germany. no nazis.

same here. that and tweetbot make for an almost nice experience

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah i still cant believe people just like, browse twitter dot com lmao

tweetdeck is so much better

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

man these hip waders make my daily march through the hog manure lagoon so much better

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
it's probably a different experience when you dont have friends. i follow them and they post funny things, i reply, etc. it's a great time for all. we call it "the water cooler of the internet"

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

it's probably a different experience when you dont have friends. i follow them and they post funny things, i reply, etc. it's a great time for all. we call it "the water cooler of the internet"

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I prefer the truck stop bathroom wall of the internet.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I prefer the truck stop bathroom wall of the internet.

why would you go on reddit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://onezero.medium.com/what-its-like-to-replace-food-with-dystopian-nutrient-squares-54228a9d441e

quote:

I usually have a sandwich for lunch, so this was a pretty exciting moment for me. Until I opened the box.

This meal was made up of vacuum-sealed reconstituted food units. There were three units of salmon, two of sweet potato, and one of asparagus.

They looked like protein pellets for the discerning survivalist.

There was an uncanny-valley thing happening there. I think once you run food through a grinder and pour it into a mold, you’ve officially left the earthly plane and entered the otherworldly sphere of industrial food design, where the raspberries are blue and the flaming-hot Cheetos are mysteriously addictive. Flavor gets food science-y. There’s a suspension of disbelief. Nobody’s thinking about real cheese when they’re eating Doritos.

But when you generate a square-shaped facsimile of asparagus that tastes exactly like asparagus but doesn’t feel like asparagus, it’s a little horrifying. It’s not a flavor explosion with asparagus as one of the ingredients, it’s just asparagus with the texture stripped away.

It was like eating a sad, square-shaped memory of what food once was.