Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Nice try. A bit unsportsmanlike, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

gay for gacha posted:

Pretty sure thays instant mod kill

This is so fuckin scummy dude

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
That was scummy as gently caress.

##Vote G4G

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

##unvote

He's at -1 and we have a day and a half left.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'll put my vote right back on him once everyone's ready.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I was on the fence, but that shoved me right over the edge.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Votecount for Day 3

gay for gacha (4): girl dick energy, girl dick energy, girl dick energy, Sandwolf, Ignatius M. Meen, PlasticAutomaton, Deadmeat5150, girl dick energy
girl dick energy (1): gay for gacha, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
Hal Insandenza (1): Tobbs Gnawed

Not Voting (3): girl dick energy, Hal Insandenza, Yami Fenrir

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 03rd, 2022 at 2 p.m. CST -- that's in about 1 day, 15 hours.

Please, be mindful of the sliding deadline!

I was asked to post votefinder on new pages if they happen while mods are asleep

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh poo poo, he got hammered before I unvoted, didn't he?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yeah that's technically hammer.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

:redhammer: (fixing Votecount but deadmeat's vote was hammer)

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Votecount for Day 3

gay for gacha (5): girl dick energy, girl dick energy, girl dick energy, Sandwolf, Ignatius M. Meen, PlasticAutomaton, Deadmeat5150
girl dick energy (1): gay for gacha, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
Hal Insandenza (1): Tobbs Gnawed

Not Voting (2): Hal Insandenza, Yami Fenrir

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 03rd, 2022 at 2 p.m. CST -- that's in about 1 day, 15 hours.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Just as things seemed to finally have calmed, after a couple days of nothingness, something else startled the town inhabitants. Word was leaked of the town Mayor's shady dealings. Intentionally or not, that was something to be discussed - but in light of the evidence, the truth was undeniable.

Gay for Gacha had abused his power for years, covered for his allies, and extorted his weaker subjects. Not that all that was a secret anyway. A lot of years in office didn't come cheap. But it gave town the last impulse needed to finally push him over the edge. The town hall was raided by police, and the Mayor was sacked from his charge, pending further investigation.

---------
With great power comes great responsibility. If you could frame that phrase up on your office wall, you would. Becoming town mayor was the cusp of your political aspirations. You just knew what needed to be done, and you could see nobody else was doing it. It has been seventeen years since you won your first election, and by now, your political rivals have all but given up. You are not stepping down any day soon.

Of course, being friends with the right people helped you. Scratch some backs, they will scratch yours. As long as the town prospers, you’re more than fine with giving things a small push in the right direction. No sense bothering honest citizens with minutiae, right?

Those days, however, may soon be over. You can smell the storm brewing from a mile away. You can’t still pinpoint exactly who, but someone thinks they can fly under your radar. You had an agreement, and they are not holding their end of the bargain. That will not stand - play with fire, find out.

You are a town-aligned silencer. Your powers are as follows:

Day action: You are extremely skilled in making paper trails go missing. Once a day, you can mark a player to silence them. Any night actions they take that night will become unobservable, and will not count as visits. Even you have your limits, though - any killing actions are excluded from this effect.

This is a private day action, submitted in your channel in the ##silence [player] format.

Night action: At night, you can secretly meet up with a player and convince them of seeing things your way. You have a 1x vote stealing power. Next game day, you will have a second, anonymous, vote. This vote can be placed and moved around at will. Your target, in turn, will not be able to vote. Regardless of if you choose to use this extra vote or not, you will lose it at the end of the day, and they will regain their vote power the next day.

Vote stealing is a night action, submitted in your channel in the ##vote steal [player] format.

Using the extra vote is a private day action, submitted in your channel in the ##extra vote [player] format. You can change this vote as many times as you want during the game day in which you get it.

---------
Gay for Gacha, Town-aligned Silencer, has been sacked from office D3.

Due to early hammer, all lurker warnings are lifted for the day.

It is now N3. 24h for night actions.

Shellception fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Mar 2, 2022

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
It was all going too well. The Mayor's sacking and the political turmoil it ensued took everyone's minds out of the drug war, which actually came as a bit of a fresh air for town. But there was uneasyness in the air still - the few people who worried about those things knew they were not closer to fixing things than they had before it all started.

It all came to a head some days later. A failed drug expedition, policemen coming from the city. That seemed to be a good thing, but one that turned out badly in the end - Sergeant Hal Incandenza's body was found at the bottom of a cliff. A fast death. And an obvious vengeance.

--------

You were here before the precinct was even built. You can tell stories of old rooms full of cigar smoke and typewriter noise all day long. And also that time you almost caught a guy running away with two live chickens under each arm - shame about your crooked foot, because you absolutely would have caught him. And what about when the lumberjack’s middle son was kidnapped, only it turned out in the end he wasn’t, he just had too much to drink and thought it was funny to go live naked in the woods for a week? What a laugh you all had that day!

Oh sure, there are always rumors going around. But there is no way anything of that is true. You would know. There is no fooling you!

You are a town-aligned vanilla. You have no powers but your vote.

--------
Hal Incandenza, Town-aligned vanilla, has died in the night.

It is now Day 4. Deadline for this day is 4/3 9 pm CST (US) and 5/3 5 am CET (Europe).

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (7): Deadmeat5150, girl dick energy, Ignatius M. Meen, PlasticAutomaton, Sandwolf, Tobbs Gnawed, Yami Fenrir

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 04th, 2022 at 9 p.m. CST -- that's in about 2 days, 8 hours.

Please, be mindful of the sliding deadline!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think the only player I won’t vote today, after myself, is Tobbs..

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Who’d you jail Tobbs? There’s a small chance I won’t vote whoever you jailed

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
I think we should do a fullclaim now. We are either in LYLO or very close to it.

I think I have some info that would allow us to find one scum via night action bingo, but I need everyone's roles and actions for it.

I'm, as before, a Messenger - I have a day action that allows me to send a message to someone, which they receive at the end of the day. During the night, my target can then send a message back to me, which I receive at the end of the night.

I sent a message to Gacha D1 and D2, then to GDE D3.

GDE, the password is swordfish.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Oh, and I received a response every time.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yami Fenrir posted:

I think we should do a fullclaim now. We are either in LYLO or very close to it.

1/3 I'm a stump who can make 3 posts a day. Also I get a bonus if I correctly guess who will be voted first each day but I was wrong N1, forgot and didn't submit anything N2, and last night I picked Hal :negative:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Opopanax posted:

1/3 I'm a stump who can make 3 posts a day. Also I get a bonus if I correctly guess who will be voted first each day but I was wrong N1, forgot and didn't submit anything N2, and last night I picked Hal :negative:

That's interesting to know. Do you know who made you a stump?

(feel free to fold this into a later post)

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

That said, I did mean the living players.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yami Fenrir posted:

That's interesting to know. Do you know who made you a stump?

(feel free to fold this into a later post)

2/3 Pretty sure it was just shell, I'm assuming whoever the D1 kill would have been would get the offer (I could have refused and gone to observer heaven instead). That or I'm just so fun and charming she wanted to keep me around, either one

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Ah, okay. So not likely to be useful in the night action bingo sense, got it.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I jailed Hal, got a success result so something killed him through it, poison or strongman maybe.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

At the very least, this kill wasn't Sandy.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Alright, I'm going to throw in with you lot (sand/Yami/Tobbs) as all being confirmed town in my eyes. If any of you are faking, you did good. Time for the dramatic reveal...............

I am a town messenger. If even one of you don't believe my story and vote with the scum against me, I accept I've been playing like poo poo and the stuff I've done is kind of insane, plus the scums (GDE, PA, Deadmeat) have done a bang-up job. Buuuuuuuuuuuuut I think my moves have managed to work just well enough to make them overly cautious to make the first move, and so the town actors have come out first instead.

N1 I messaged Akay about wanting to try a psyops campaign on my scum reads. Hum replaced in and agreed with my early read that Yami was scum plus told me to look at PA, which I was already doing per my later reads (I had to write these things ahead of the end of the day, just like Yami), so D2 that's who I came out hard against. Hum also encouraged me greatly to shoot for the moon so I did exactly that on the later nights.

N2 I messaged Yami pretending to be an SK (the flavor btw was BTK, in retrospect that was an excellently subtle way you obscured that Yami intentional or not). I figured if he was scum he might kill me, or overreact in his response, or overreact in the thread, or someone else would start casing me out of the blue, or something, but I was 100% honest when I said that I didn't see anything scummy about how he handled that. In his response, he said he wasn't happy about being town with how things were going and had a really blase response all things considered which was pretty funny. I was still suspicious of PA though.

N3 I messaged PA claiming I was a traitor messenger who scans as town but wins with scum. I claimed I messaged Akay because I figured she'd be the scumkill and it'd help bolster my reads so that I could find a scum to make contact with, and that I messaged Yami to set up me-flavored bullshit that then would allow me and the scumteam to pocket Yami for the win over the next day or two. I also asked who else was on the team just so that the days could be streamlined. I did NOT get a response. I took this to mean that most likely, in addition to the jail not working out, the special ability enabled by visiting PA was not some sort of cop action but a juggernaut, which has been confirmed by Tobbs.

##vote PA

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Excuse me, what?

A second messenger?

Either way, PA, I want a full claim on the double.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

PlasticAutomaton posted:

How do you know?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

L o loving l, Meen. I didn't get a message at all, so uh, try again?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

PlasticAutomaton posted:

How do you know that?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I mean, I knew there was a message from someone else, but I didn't expect someone to have my exact role too.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yami Fenrir posted:

How do you know?

Because I was standing outside Tobbs' house watching him like Slenderman and saw Sandwolf pay him a visit.

So I'm a Copier. I can either stay home and get a 1 shot copy of every ability that visits me or use one of them. (Hence why I was so drat excited to throw a party, was hoping to have a bunch of fun toys to play with, and how I knew only one person visited me on Night 1.) Stayed home on night 2 hoping to get more abilities, and then figured it was time to burn the watch night 3.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

PlasticAutomaton posted:

L o loving l, Meen. I didn't get a message at all, so uh, try again?

Okay, I did successfully send the message I described at the very least, and you were the intended recipient. The only other person I had down for possibly sending it to was Deadmeat and if mod error resulted in him getting it I am 100% down to lunch him today instead.

Yami Fenrir posted:

I mean, I knew there was a message from someone else, but I didn't expect someone to have my exact role too.

:shrug: I wasn't expecting a town player with a ninja-izer/vote-stealer power either.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Because I was standing outside Tobbs' house watching him like Slenderman and saw Sandwolf pay him a visit.

So I'm a Copier. I can either stay home and get a 1 shot copy of every ability that visits me or use one of them. (Hence why I was so drat excited to throw a party, was hoping to have a bunch of fun toys to play with, and how I knew only one person visited me on Night 1.) Stayed home on night 2 hoping to get more abilities, and then figured it was time to burn the watch night 3.

Sandwolf, is this true?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

##unvote because the last thing I want is for scum to try and rush poo poo while I'm not looking.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

Sandwolf, is this true?

Yeah I targeted tobbs last night, I’m a bodyguard

N1 blocked but was gonna doc Hal
N2 Hal
N3 Tobbs

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Ok I'm about to go to bed so I'm just going to compile what I got.

The thing I hinted at was about bee's N1.

b-minus1 posted:

Because you visited me last night and now I don’t have a vote. Something else happened to me last night, which is why I backed off you slightly. So I can’t say for sure that you stole my vote. But I know you visited me

Note that bee, a self-watcher, saw two people visit. But we only know of one so far and they aren't owning up to it.

So far we have:

Yami:

No Night actions

Plastic:

N1: copy at home = Result copy watch from beet, presumably. Single visitor stated at the time.
N2: copy at home
N3: watch tobbs = Sandwolf visited (confirmed by sandwolf)

Sandwolf:
N1: jailed
N2: BG Hal
N3: BG tobbs (confirmed by plastic)

Deadmeat (I'm just going to reveal them as a mason recruiter now)
N1: Recruit Yami to masonry
N2: Try to recruit GDE, ran into jail
N3: recruit tobbs

Meen:

No night actions

GDE:
N1: Be vanilla
N2: ?
N3: ?

Tobbs:
N1: Jail Sandwolf
N2: Jail GDE
N3: Jail Hal (Hal died anyway)

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that literally only leaves Meen and GDE as the possible visitors to B-?

Whoever visited b- isn't owning up to it, so probably a scum role (rolecop maybe?)

Possibly even night killers too, I haven't quite finished that line of thinking yet, I need to go prepare to sleep. Maybe one of you can figure it out.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Yami Fenrir posted:

Ok I'm about to go to bed so I'm just going to compile what I got.

The thing I hinted at was about bee's N1.

Note that bee, a self-watcher, saw two people visit. But we only know of one so far and they aren't owning up to it.

So far we have:

Yami:

No Night actions

Plastic:

N1: copy at home = Result copy watch from beet, presumably. Single visitor stated at the time.
N2: copy at home
N3: watch tobbs = Sandwolf visited (confirmed by sandwolf)

Sandwolf:
N1: jailed
N2: BG Hal
N3: BG tobbs (confirmed by plastic)

Deadmeat (I'm just going to reveal them as a mason recruiter now)
N1: Recruit Yami to masonry
N2: Try to recruit GDE, ran into jail
N3: recruit tobbs

Meen:

No night actions

GDE:
N1: Be vanilla
N2: ?
N3: ?

Tobbs:
N1: Jail Sandwolf
N2: Jail GDE
N3: Jail Hal (Hal died anyway)

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that literally only leaves Meen and GDE as the possible visitors to B-?

Whoever visited b- isn't owning up to it, so probably a scum role (rolecop maybe?)

Possibly even night killers too, I haven't quite finished that line of thinking yet, I need to go prepare to sleep. Maybe one of you can figure it out.

I messaged Akay/Hum N1. It's GDE.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

again, I respect I have absolutely no way to prove that, if I'd handled poo poo smarter I'd have picked a handler that would still be alive by this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I didn’t visit anyone. My night power is that I’m bulletproof. Definitely thinking Meen and/or Plastic. Can confirm the messenger claim. Frustrated that Hal died.

God, we really DO have a poisoner don’t we.