Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I'm starting an only novelty food diet. Bacon soda + Cotton Candy Wingz + Earwax Jellybellies. I'm losing weight like crazy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Sogdog

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
how to make melted cheese on a plate :/

https://twitter.com/costcope/status/1498106599163916289?t=FuBJ3FbrdtJIAwo4hRt4dw&s=19

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

LifeSunDeath posted:

I'm starting an only novelty food diet. Bacon soda + Cotton Candy Wingz + Earwax Jellybellies. I'm losing weight like crazy!

I feel like losing your feet to Type 2 shouldn't count.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Microwave cooking is always so sad.

It’s pretty close to being legit though, melted/toasted mozzarella is always incredible. I’ve been teaching myself how to make pizza recently and even when the crust is garbage the browned cheese on top is always delicious.

But, like, put it in a pan or something. Maybe add some bread.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

My garbage go-to mozz stick recipe is to just throw them until the waffle maker for a bit, they retain their structure way more than nuking them into a glob. Even better if you roll them in some panko or something first, they're super good for five seconds of effort and a few minutes cooking time.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/VRTLPROS/status/1498299922197716993

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Ror posted:

It’s pretty close to being legit though, melted/toasted mozzarella is always incredible. I’ve been teaching myself how to make pizza recently and even when the crust is garbage the browned cheese on top is always delicious.

Grate some cheddar onto a flour tortilla and pop in the toaster oven.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Looking at this thing has made me really upset.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Nobody made you log onto my onlyfans page

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Sodium Chloride posted:

Looking at this thing has made me really upset.

*sighs and presses the power button on your monitor*

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Ror posted:

this is a culinary historian and archivist and gourmands hangover tip

https://youtu.be/qkdYC8L4Fn0

micro cheese and take all the leftover shots from previous nights party. he did this as a student

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

quote:

Colorful and easy to make, this luscious shrimp loaf will keep refrigerated for several days. Use as an entrée for a holiday luncheon, Christmas or New Year’s cocktail buffet.

For 1 loaf you will need:
2 pkgs. unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup cold water
1 can (10 3/4 oz) tomato soup, undiluted
3 pkgs. (3 oz.each) cream cheese, softened and thoroughly mashed
1 cup finely chopped celery
1 cup finely chopped green and red pepper
3 cans (4 oz. each) broken shrimp, drained, washed, then chilled in ice water
1 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. grated onion or onion purée
1 Tbsp. horseradish
1 Tbsp. capers, drained
1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce
Salt to taste
Shredded lettuce
Lemon and lime slices

Preparation

1. Dissolve gelatin in the cold water.

2. Meanwhile, bring tomato soup to a boil in saucepan. Add softened gelatin. Allow mixture to cool. When barely warm, blend in cream cheese.

3. Stir in celery, green and red pepper, shrimp, mayonnaise, onion, horseradish, capers, hot pepper sauce, and salt to taste.

4. Coat a 9-by-5 inch loaf pan with a little mayonnaise or oil. Pour in mixture. Spread as evenly as possible. Cover and chill 2 to 4 hrs. or until set.

5. Unmold on large platter or serving dish. Garnish with shredded lettuce and lemon and lime slices. Serve with crackers or Melba toast, if you wish.

Tips: One loaf will yield 10 to 12 slices for luncheon or 30 slices or a cocktail party.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Honestly that's far from the worst recipe I've ever seen. I'd have a nibble, anyway.

von Braun posted:

this is a culinary historian and archivist and gourmands hangover tip

https://youtu.be/qkdYC8L4Fn0

micro cheese and take all the leftover shots from previous nights party. he did this as a student

This is a brutal struggle meal.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Broken shrimp :smith:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Brawnfire posted:

Broken shrimp :smith:

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

TotalLossBrain posted:

Needs a cup of ranch
I can confirm that this is not true.
BIG SEASONING

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

quote:

2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup cold water
2 pears, peeled, halved, and cored
2 cups water
1/4 cup sugar
1 6-ounce can frozen limeade concentrate
Dash salt
Green food coloring
4 whole maraschino cherries
Endive
Mayonnaise or salad dressing
Chopped pecans

Soften gelatin in 1/2 cup cold water; set aside. In saucepan combine pear halves, the 2 cups of water, and the sugar; bring to boiling. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 5 to 6 minutes or till pears are tender. With slotted spoon, remove pears to a bowl; cover and refrigerate. Stir softened gelatin into hot pear liquid, stirring until dissolved. Add limeade concentrate, salt and a few drops of green food coloring to gelatin mixture. Pour 1/3 cup of gelatin mixture into each of 4 flared water goblets or tall individual molds. Chill till almost set; chill remaining gelatin till partially set. Add a pear half, narrow end down, to each goblet, tucking a maraschino cherry into each. Cover pears with remaining gelatin. Chill till firm. Unmold onto plates, flared end down. Garnish with endive. Spoon some mayonnaise or salad dressing atop and sprinkle with chopped pecans. Make 4 servings.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Leave out the last 3 ingredients, and would

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

Leave out the last 3 ingredients, and would

bottom four in my case, but also yes, absolutely :hfive:

imo there’s the nucleus of something tasty in that recipe, but then I saw “serve with salad dressing or mayonnaise” and I muttered “hey, gently caress you” at my phone screen (not directed at the op, to be clear)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Mmm, time for some delicious jello and fruit WITH MAYONNAISE :unsmigghh:

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Those are the most ominous cheese slices I've ever seen. Why are they there? What are they doing?

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Facebook Aunt posted:

Those are the most ominous cheese slices I've ever seen. Why are they there? What are they doing?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

:smithicide:

The GOP Delusion
Sep 10, 2010

The security of Israel is a moral imperative for all free peoples.

Facebook Aunt posted:

https://youtu.be/TMR8a8nCM4c

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

No.9

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Don't ask about numbers 1 through 8.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
more like no. 2!!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Facebook Aunt posted:

There are there to witness. They are there to learn.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I wouldn’t mind a plate of franks in tomato sauce with spaghetti in the abstract, but that radish rose is depressing as hell. (Also, the sauce is weirdly shiny.)

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Looks like it was taken in a restaurant kitchen, so the proper term would be "glossy"

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

AlbieQuirky posted:

I wouldn’t mind a plate of franks in tomato sauce with spaghetti in the abstract, but that radish rose is depressing as hell. (Also, the sauce is weirdly shiny.)
Looks like a rose made from tomato skin?
I don't know if that's more or less depressing for the whole vibe of the plate tho

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Thanks for the arrow pointing out the sugar rim which I can at least understand, I am more interested in knowing what happened to the first shot

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They realised it was Malort

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

AlbieQuirky posted:

(Also, the sauce is weirdly shiny.)

Is it, maybe, barbecue sauce…?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Data Graham posted:

Thanks for the arrow pointing out the sugar rim which I can at least understand, I am more interested in knowing what happened to the first shot

The table of three ordered a malort each, person 1 saw the sugar rim on person 2’s malort and thought it was a good idea and sent it back, person 3 drank their sugarless malort and wondered why they hand out with two dweebs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Data Graham posted:

Sorry, that's how I found the image.