Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Dr. Clockwork posted:

In-game roubles are tied in some way to real-life exchange rates, right? Peacekeeper's USD are about to get a lot more pricey.

Shumagorath posted:

I haven't heard of that one, but in-game buttcoin was supposed to reflect the price of IRL buttcoin

That sounds really dumb because it doesn't make sense. 2022 Russian invasion causes ruble to tank in value in 2026?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Charles 1998 posted:

That sounds really dumb because it doesn't make sense.

Sorry which Tarkov mechanic is this in reference to? It applies to so many.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Sorry which Tarkov mechanic is this in reference to? It applies to so many.

I used to think this in the first few dozen hours of Tarkov, but then after playing it for quite a while I'm starting to understand all the reasons behind all the initially confusing design decisions. The last one where a lot of my friends were bewildered over was that automatic fire mode on guns is less accurate for the first shot than single shot.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Well, shooting scavs at 300m with a VPO-209 running .366 is an exercise in accuracy by volume. I guess that’s true to life but I am not 15 yet and suppressors are hard to get for other calibers.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Why am I spawning into lighthouse as a scav five minutes into a raid? I’m not complaining the loot is really good but dang.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

jerman999 posted:

Why am I spawning into lighthouse as a scav five minutes into a raid? I’m not complaining the loot is really good but dang.

Easily 3/4ths of my scav lighthouse runs are 30m+ remaining.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

jerman999 posted:

A few months ago I had a streak of Interchange runs where I spawned at Techlite right as the first (or possibly second) PMC was arriving. One of them even showed me where to get croutons.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

jerman999 posted:

I miss being able to spawn into Reserve as a player SCAV 5 minutes into the raid.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Do scavs avoid bad weather? On lighthouse overlooking a huge portion of the map... no scavs for 10 minutes, but it's raining hard.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

Charles 1998 posted:

That sounds really dumb because it doesn't make sense. 2022 Russian invasion causes ruble to tank in value in 2026?

and yet they're right. 1USD is now 157 rub where it used to be 127/128 for years

Fancy_Lad
May 15, 2003
Would you like to buy a monkey?
Picture this - I'm about half way through level 36 and hadn't found my 8th Bear level >=15 dogtag for the RSASS barter until last night. Knock out Gunsmith 6 through 16 really quick (that finally gets me to level 37 where I can just buy it). Then today I log in and low and behold what's in my like 30th scav case run???

gently caress you, Nikita.
Just gently caress you so much.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
Just did an Intel folder that came back with 45k roubles worth of loose poo poo (magnet, broken hd, PB pistol and iirc an aluminum splint).

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
Yeah, intel is a waste. Moonshine works out pretty well overall I think.

The scav box isn't there to make you money though. It's just a lootbox system.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
I accept I am poo poo at this game. But this round hand my hands shaking and the pistol rattling.

Still not one godamned pmc with a pistol.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

I hope BattleState isn't going to be impacted by recent Russia sanctions. Isn't most of the development team based out of St. Petersburg?

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

I hope BattleState isn't going to be impacted by recent Russia sanctions. Isn't most of the development team based out of St. Petersburg?

The sanctions won't affect directly. It's currently targeted towards major banks, and their payment system is based in another country. It could affect them indirectly, such as them being unable to replace their computers or being unable to eat food.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Charles 1998 posted:

...and their payment system is based in another country.

Right, but how do you think the money gets from Not Russia into Russia right now?

It's nice to have a Swiss bank account show a theoretical number, but last I checked the landlord still wants to get paid in currency that can actually be accessed.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Is talking about the single player “mod” okay or is that too much :filez:?

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Theres been plenty of posting about sptark, several goons prefer it actually. I'm not one of them, but if people just want the less stress looting and shooting more power to them.

Maybe air on the side of caution about posting links to the filez-y stuff if youre really worried about it.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I’m really just wondering about how some of the details of SPT work and it seems weirdly difficult to learn without joining yet another Discord server, or maybe I’m just not looking in the right place. But stuff like how it handles quests that need PMC kills or tags, what happens to your single player progress when EFT updates the mod updates and you update the mod, if there’s some kind of simulated flea market, or if you need to do those kinds of things through additional mods. All I can find is the vague features list that suggests stuff but doesn’t spell it out.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
There are PMC bots for you to kill for quests that require them or dogtags. The trickier ones are quests that require you to kill them in particular spots since they're effectively bots so don't necessarily cover spaces like a player would. Killing a certain number in the Factory Office for instance in which case it might be easier to save-edit to completion. There is a simulated flea market with mods to further modify its behavior like following live prices. Save compatibility across versions can vary but is usually noted.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Kibayasu posted:

I’m really just wondering about how some of the details of SPT work and it seems weirdly difficult to learn without joining yet another Discord server, or maybe I’m just not looking in the right place. But stuff like how it handles quests that need PMC kills or tags, what happens to your single player progress when EFT updates the mod updates and you update the mod, if there’s some kind of simulated flea market, or if you need to do those kinds of things through additional mods. All I can find is the vague features list that suggests stuff but doesn’t spell it out.

There are mods you can download that allow you to customize a ton of stuff regarding what happens in raid. For some quests, like kill x number of raiders for example (mostly those added by that mod that adds 8000+ quests) I can toggle a setting to make ALL scavs raiders, and then go hop into woods and snipe them or something. Changing the ratio of scavs to PMCs so its almost all PMCs and then setting bot amounts high helps with the jaeger kill pmcs in the office stuff.

One of the customizing mods I have lets you edit the specifics of the flea market, such as how long items might take to sell, general rates, etc. The flea items tend to be way cheaper than online, so if you want a more online experience you can bump it up.

I honestly really like the mod and just hope that they manage to figure out a way to get the AI to path across the map. PMCs are just special scavs so they only spawn in scav locations, leading to weird things like crack house on customs being one of the safest places in the map.

For a real good time, set boss spawn rate to 100 and then allow any boss to spawn on any map. Hell make them all spawn, back to back to back, one at a time. Boss Rush mode.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Franks Happy Place posted:

Right, but how do you think the money gets from Not Russia into Russia right now?

It's nice to have a Swiss bank account show a theoretical number, but last I checked the landlord still wants to get paid in currency that can actually be accessed.

https://youtu.be/5aKWGFZf9Rg

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Wrr posted:

There are mods you can download that allow you to customize a ton of stuff regarding what happens in raid. For some quests, like kill x number of raiders for example (mostly those added by that mod that adds 8000+ quests) I can toggle a setting to make ALL scavs raiders, and then go hop into woods and snipe them or something. Changing the ratio of scavs to PMCs so its almost all PMCs and then setting bot amounts high helps with the jaeger kill pmcs in the office stuff.

One of the customizing mods I have lets you edit the specifics of the flea market, such as how long items might take to sell, general rates, etc. The flea items tend to be way cheaper than online, so if you want a more online experience you can bump it up.

I honestly really like the mod and just hope that they manage to figure out a way to get the AI to path across the map. PMCs are just special scavs so they only spawn in scav locations, leading to weird things like crack house on customs being one of the safest places in the map.

For a real good time, set boss spawn rate to 100 and then allow any boss to spawn on any map. Hell make them all spawn, back to back to back, one at a time. Boss Rush mode.

The mods themselves seem kind of intimidating too (in that "does yellow mean it may not work?" way) but I guess since its offline you can just keep adding and removing and restarting if things go wrong as you much as you want. While I was browsing I noticed one which I think just came out a few days ago that says it actually links the maps together like BSG has mentioned before and also adds multiple hideouts with different stashes in different locations and the traders actually being in specific area but I'm betting that's really janky.

Playing it like a survival-ish game kind of tickles my fancy at the moment though so just modding my way past quests that get too specific with PMCs seems like it would just be the thing to do.

Might be the perfect time for single player!

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

If they're shutting it down, at least I got this... magnificent thing first.

(Still hadn't found my battery for Prapor yet)

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXSPuwW32_o

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

rate my loadout.

https://twitter.com/TheGr8Aspie/status/1502660556066537483?s=20&t=3DT6Kc5NScLO8lVV1JiizQ

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Does the laser module or front sight post get in the way of the acog?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-q8p4JVAbI

This mod pack for SPTarkov seems kinda neat.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Wrr posted:

Does the laser module or front sight post get in the way of the acog?

The PEQ box is actually not in the sight picture of the ACOG at all. It kind of is with an Eotech but not enough to make a difference IMO. If I wanted I could always do the Tarkov solution of adding like 6 risers.

Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

Galaga Galaxian posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-q8p4JVAbI

This mod pack for SPTarkov seems kinda neat.

I played with this for a few hours today, and its definitely not going to be to everyone's taste. Mostly due to the linking of all the maps, which while I personally think is cool it's not, like, balanced. For instance, all the merchants are tied to particular extracts and in particular Prapor and Therapist can only be accessed from the gate 0 exfil on factory. That said, the requirement to use certain extracts to get to a particular map or merchant is great for breaking the habit of running the same path through a map.

The other huge change that might be controversial is that most containers have been expanded and item weights reduced. The benefits of this are somewhat mitigated by not always having access to your main stash (or hideout), as you can only get to those by using the bunker extracts in woods/customs and a few in factory. Every other transition point has its own mini stash, and you're encouraged to store supplies and stuff in those stashes for when you come back through there in the future.

Overall I've been enjoying it, and it definitely makes the game feel different while maintaining all the stuff I like about it.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Saganlives posted:

I played with this for a few hours today, and its definitely not going to be to everyone's taste. Mostly due to the linking of all the maps, which while I personally think is cool it's not, like, balanced. For instance, all the merchants are tied to particular extracts and in particular Prapor and Therapist can only be accessed from the gate 0 exfil on factory. That said, the requirement to use certain extracts to get to a particular map or merchant is great for breaking the habit of running the same path through a map.

The other huge change that might be controversial is that most containers have been expanded and item weights reduced. The benefits of this are somewhat mitigated by not always having access to your main stash (or hideout), as you can only get to those by using the bunker extracts in woods/customs and a few in factory. Every other transition point has its own mini stash, and you're encouraged to store supplies and stuff in those stashes for when you come back through there in the future.

Overall I've been enjoying it, and it definitely makes the game feel different while maintaining all the stuff I like about it.

I saw that mod and my first thought was “This seems extremely ambitious and also extremely janky.” Is it not as janky as I thought it would be?

Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

Kibayasu posted:

I saw that mod and my first thought was “This seems extremely ambitious and also extremely janky.” Is it not as janky as I thought it would be?

I've only been able to put in a couple hours so far, but it seems to be no more or less janky than any other mod. Which I suppose makes sense, it is merely a collection of other mods by various authors that mostly function independently of each other, but have had values and stuff tweaked to fit the overall vision.

Over the course of probably a dozen raids it only hosed up once and not in a catastrophic way. I got killed once and thrown to that blurry main menu background with nothing else going on, and had to alt F4 out of it, but all my experience and stuff saved as it should and a quick restart of the server and client fixed it. I've run into that before too without this big mod, and know that even if you successfully extract and this happens it still saves all your loot. Something just hitches between the server saving your profile state and displaying the after action report.

Overall it seems as stable as any other mod I've used, and in general I appreciate the effort made to tie all these mods together into a unified vision. If it looks interesting to you, I recommend it. Just remember to back up your profile and existing mods folder and start a new profile if you do. It has its own entry you have to select in profile creation in lieu of choosing a game edition.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

I have amount of hope that the streets of tarkov will get us more mobile pmcs in single player mod. The trailer made me kinda think that apc might be able to move around a bit so maybe they could steal it's code if that's the case

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Tarkov Tools website shut down. Now I have to go back to scouring the internet for proper maps.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
The wiki has good maps. Map genie is also decent but cluttered unless you futz with the settings and lighthouse/reserve are paywalled.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Bucnasti posted:

Tarkov Tools website shut down. Now I have to go back to scouring the internet for proper maps.

Pretty sure if it was up to Nikita there would be no information about the game online anyway.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Bucnasti posted:

I think it might have been better to just have ads/banners or something on his site but they're hand picked news updates from the war. You would do more damage to Russia's war effort by spreading information about civilians or even Russia troops being massacred, or the economic problems.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
the russian regime surely will crumble under the weight of the tarkovtools boycott

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Goast posted:

the russian regime surely will crumble under the weight of the tarkovtools boycott

People who say this kind of thing about specific actions are missing the point by miles. Good job.