Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Personally I'm of the opinion Lazy and Impatient are the worst, not because of their actual effects, but because once you have one or the other, the weighting of the education events seems to ensure that every child you educate thereafter gets them as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Honest loving *sucks* when you planned to make money off of blackmailing all the nobles in the Empire next door to build some drat infrastructure at home :argh:

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

My King having Compassionate was a great way for me to spend twenty years stressed out and having breakdowns. Maybe I was just being dumb but I could not navigate events well enough to keep stress down.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
No it’s not just you, compassionate is hard to play around.

Abdication is also an option if you’re stressed enough. I inherited a sub kingdom as a 11-yo girl with an older uncle fellow vassal sub-king as heir. I got an event while in level 3 of stress that offered abdication and clicked it, but the now-niece still died 3 years later or so of being too stressed.

Caustic Soda
Nov 1, 2010
Compassionate is hard to deal with, especially early on where you can really make use of that extortion money to get your game going. But IME it's managable with a comping mechanism or three.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Dallan Invictus posted:

I don't think there's any way for a mod to really control AI grand strategic priorities - ie, which wars they priortise diplomatically or in terms of force splits. They've exposed the ai_war_stances to modding, but that seems to be more about how it conducts any individual war and what objectives it deploys forces towards, which is a related but different problem (in fairness, between it and the defines it's probably possible to solve most of the theatre strategy problems people have with the AI, though it might take a lot of trial and error).

Yeah my preliminary scans of the files didn't reveal much that could be done. Based purely on my observations playing the game it feels like the calculus is "pick weakest opponent, defeat them, then move on to next" without any priority given to what the war goals actually are. :smith:

Thanks for this, actually very helpful. I've been playing Paradox games for long enough that I can read the files and how they all go together, but my actual experience doing this is almost zero.

I've been digging around in there today, and I think what I want is this? These conditions are all implicitly AND right, I don't actually need to specify that? And then just stick this into the liberty_faction_modifiers?
code:
	modifier = {
		add = -1000
		$FACTION_TARGET$.primary_title = title:e_byzantium 							# IF liege is Byzantium
		$FACTION_TARGET$ = { culture = { has_cultural_parameter = children_can_be_born_in_the_purple }	} 	# AND liege's culture has Byzantine Traditions (purple born check is an easy stand in for this, not sure if you can even check traditions directly?)
		culture = { has_cultural_parameter = children_can_be_born_in_the_purple }  				# AND my culture has Byzantine Traditions
	}
Honestly the daunting thing about all this is that constantly re-initializing the game to check this poo poo is not conducive to success, is there some sort of IDE or parser out there that the mod community loves? I want to be able to unit test my changes :v:

Dallan Invictus posted:

Re: lifespans, CK has always been weird about this in both having way fewer people die in childbirth/childhood/prematurely due to illness than probably should "realistically" AND (player characters in particular, but also loving Haesteinn) having access to a lot of health boosts that are really effective in prolonging their natural lives.

That said I absolutely get that my ideal solution would feel bad in gameplay, so I feel like this is prime modding territory - and indeed there are a lot of mods that have different takes on a) what to do about this and b) how to do it - I use Higher Mortality myself but basically anything on the workshop with Mortality in the name probably has ideas to mine from.

oh god I'm sorry this was way more detailed than I thought it would be when I started writing

Never apologize for detail, I have zero reservations about spamming the general thread about all this poo poo.

And yeah honestly using one of the existing mods for this is probably a good idea. Haesteinn is an interesting case, I fully expect that if I go looking through the files there'll be all sorts of special cases for him, which is not unjustifiable since the real guy was apparently running around for almost 40 years, but on the other hand I don't know why he's so old already in the 867 start...

Dallan Invictus posted:

Weird, I do that to spot-modify specific defines all the time. What's the name of the new file you're using?

Oh yea I totally just re-used the main file name, 00_ai.txt or whatever it is, which now that you mention it seems to have obvious risks. Does the game automatically parse all .txt files it sees in the tree, or is there a master project file I have to add new files to?

DaysBefore posted:

My King having Compassionate was a great way for me to spend twenty years stressed out and having breakdowns. Maybe I was just being dumb but I could not navigate events well enough to keep stress down.

Yeah compassionate can be tough. I do find it odd that so many characters gain stress by punishing prisoners (or lose it if callous or sadistic?) but Compassionate seems to offer no such out for being merciful. Unlike Forgiving which is effectively the Unlimited Stress Relief trait.

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 8, 2022

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Whorelord posted:

I think that's the problem with traits is that they're very much "all or nothing" and would probably be improved by adding various degrees of severity to them like congenital traits have. Being shy only ever means you're a complete social recluse who can't talk to anyone without having a mental breakdown, rather than say, being introverted but still able to maintain a conversation. Ambitious? You've clawed your way to the top and have conquered a new kingdom, but giving away the titles required to manage said kingdom effectively can also cause you to have an egotistical mental breakdown.

There's also the fact that cynical always turns you into a medieval atheist despite it not making sense for that period in history, same with just causing me to gain stress from executing a cannibal, with all just characters apparently being early advocates for the abolition of the death penalty.

I don't think you gain stress when ambitious for giving away titles if you are above your demesne limit.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

There is indeed no penalty for giving away titles while over demesne limit.

E: yeah stress is generally not something hard to manage at all in my experience. The hardest thing is just when you take over as your heir to find they've accumulated 290 stress and the Profligate trait from trying to learn random languages.

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Mar 8, 2022

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I've never had this kind of a problem with stress outside of grief spirals. I've had plenty of rulers with the more-stressful traits, but the main times I've hit level 2 or higher stress was when a bunch of their children or friends all died at once.

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Didn't see this posted yet--there's an update about the next patch on the Paradox forums:

quote:

Howdy all!

While not a proper Dev Diary, your friendly local Community Manager is here to let you know what's been going on in the world of Crusader Kings lately!

As most of you are aware, we have two different teams working on Crusader Kings right now! One is hard at work at Lab42 to bring you the Console edition of the game! The other team is our very own Stockholm crew who are making sure everything looks right and is working properly for the 1.5.1 Update after Royal Court.

While the Update is not quite ready yet, we are working hard to make sure that we include as much of your feedback, technical issues, and quality of life as possible into the next version of the game as humanly possible. But, we promised you that we would keep you in the loop, so here we are!

With that in mind, we are here to let you know what is going on and how things look. Without further ado, here is a little list of sneak peeks coming up:
- Improved AI - including Warfare and Crusades - Lots of work has gone into this one and we are excited to see and hear what you think
- Fixed the Council Task events not triggering properly or at all (including "Train Commander" as reported by Community)
- Balance to the War for England - William the Conqueror never seeming to win
- Fixes to Demand Artifact for the AI
- Fixes to disbanding/reforming Factions
- Improved Shadows and Lighting for the Throne Rooms
- And of course, there will be a WHOLE lot more

Still a bit of work to be done, but we are working hard on this end of things, so keep an eye out for news. We will always keep you as up to date as possible on all things News and Update related as soon as we are able!

Thank you all again for your understanding and dedication to the game. Without you, this game and Community would not be the warm and welcoming environment it is today.

Until we hear more, this is Sonic Pariah signing off for now!

-SP

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/update-and-dev-diaries.1514556

No release date yet, but I am glad that the councilor events and factions bugs will be fixed. Really hope the "Improved AI" went through heavy QA (it didn't).

B B fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Mar 9, 2022

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yay I might be able to play the game again.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Posting re:stacking men at arms. Here is a pretty unoptimized army absolutely beating cheeks. I could make it better by dropping archers entirely and really optimizing my buildings but at this point why would I?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Been playing as Daurama Daura, tribals are fun!

I chose to make my son the heir and part of my dynasty because I didn't want to go female only. The plan is to make an equal society and make adultery universally accepted so I can gently caress my way atop a giant pile of heirs and explode like a confederation pinata at every succession then conquer more land and repeat so my dynasty is everywhere in africa.

It's really cool not having to worry that much about gold for buildings and demesne and just fight and raid your way to tons of prestige. I am sure there's some downfall I haven't yet found, but it seems a bit easier to manage than 1066 feudal realms

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

As a muslim retaking spain, is it worth it to go all in on the caballeros at all? or just do all armored infantry?

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Olanphonia posted:

Posting re:stacking men at arms. Here is a pretty unoptimized army absolutely beating cheeks. I could make it better by dropping archers entirely and really optimizing my buildings but at this point why would I?

Casual 8k prestige, 4k piety. If you had that Norse tradition that'd also be 4k gold.

War is profitable.

edit: Oh wait you have 86k gold and the game's almost timed out to 1450. Well beyond the point of silliness, but still.

Serephina fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 9, 2022

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

War is profoundly profitable throughout the entire game. Ransoms are probably the absolute best way to make money to invest in infrastructure.

e: VVVV Indeed. There is a fun little trick though where if you can conquer something feudal, you grant that to your Primary heir along with a title that's equal in rank to your own (though I'm not 100% sure that part is required), and then when you take over as them you're now a feudal ruler with an unreformed religion, which means you can still use the conquest CB and raid all over the place, which allows for some fun shenanigans all it's own. Less useful as Daurama though because if you're going to do Mother of Us All you will be making your own religion anyway and you can just mash OP tenets in there.

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Mar 9, 2022

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

TorakFade posted:

Been playing as Daurama Daura, tribals are fun!

I chose to make my son the heir and part of my dynasty because I didn't want to go female only. The plan is to make an equal society and make adultery universally accepted so I can gently caress my way atop a giant pile of heirs and explode like a confederation pinata at every succession then conquer more land and repeat so my dynasty is everywhere in africa.

It's really cool not having to worry that much about gold for buildings and demesne and just fight and raid your way to tons of prestige. I am sure there's some downfall I haven't yet found, but it seems a bit easier to manage than 1066 feudal realms

Tribal is hard locked to tribal innovations and they can't build new holdings. As the player you can probably get your enjoyment out of making a continent-spanning empire in a single lifetime then retiring the save file, but for longevity purposes Tribals have real problems. Not just the innovations/holdings/development/unreformed-religion thing, but that succession is a shitshow as your heir won't have a huge prestige bank to pay for your absurd MAA forces. Feudalizing is also fun for the player as it takes a 'won' game and turns it on its head as your economy collapses and you have to make hard choices.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Serephina posted:

Casual 8k prestige, 4k piety. If you had that Norse tradition that'd also be 4k gold.

War is profitable.

edit: Oh wait you have 86k gold and the game's almost timed out to 1450. Well beyond the point of silliness, but still.

100% well past the point of real challenge, for sure. It's just the first time I've had a stack that large in combat. Closets before was a crusade about 50 years prior.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013
Discovered a minor annoyance today. Playing as Pagan (the Burmese duchy) and created a custom Buddhist faith with Pursuit of Power and Inner Journey. Using the meditation interaction from IJ sometimes removes vices and replaces them with their opposite virtues. Except apparently it doesn't update dynamically from the faith's list of virtues/vices, since I've now had three characters lose ambitious (which my religion considers virtuous) for content as a result of meditating.

Luckily, Burmese characters now get an automatic 40% discount to faith reformation (Spiritual culture with Religion Blending from the start), so making a new custom faith wasn't too onerous.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Started a new game as a vassal of Bulgaria, and man alive, Feudal Orthodox Vassals have to be the slowest drat start in the game. You basically have no casus belli against anyone.

I spent a couple of generations building alliances and forced my way onto the throne of Wallachia. Meritocracy remains the best single perk in the game. One level in stewardship trees gives me the ability to claim my liege's title. Things can finally happen.

alcaras
Oct 3, 2013

noli timere

B B posted:

Didn't see this posted yet--there's an update about the next patch on the Paradox forums:

No release date yet, but I am glad that the councilor events and factions bugs will be fixed. Really hope the "Improved AI" went through heavy QA (it didn't).

Kind of disappointed at how slowly this is coming out. Royal Court came out over a month ago and there are some pretty serious bugs (councilor events, faction formation) that seem like they should have been high priority fixes.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

I think they were out of the office from just after Royal Court came out until nowish

feldhase
Apr 27, 2011
Good news though, seems like the patch will be out tomorrow:

https://twitter.com/crusaderkings/status/1501574848463704067?s=21

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

feldhase posted:

Ah, good good. I saw this post on their forums yesterday and I was afraid it would take longer.

quote:

Howdy all!

While not a proper Dev Diary, your friendly local Community Manager is here to let you know what's been going on in the world of Crusader Kings lately!

As most of you are aware, we have two different teams working on Crusader Kings right now! One is hard at work at Lab42 to bring you the Console edition of the game! The other team is our very own Stockholm crew who are making sure everything looks right and is working properly for the 1.5.1 Update after Royal Court.

While the Update is not quite ready yet, we are working hard to make sure that we include as much of your feedback, technical issues, and quality of life as possible into the next version of the game as humanly possible. But, we promised you that we would keep you in the loop, so here we are!

With that in mind, we are here to let you know what is going on and how things look. Without further ado, here is a little list of sneak peeks coming up:
- Improved AI - including Warfare and Crusades - Lots of work has gone into this one and we are excited to see and hear what you think
- Fixed the Council Task events not triggering properly or at all (including "Train Commander" as reported by Community)
- Balance to the War for England - William the Conqueror never seeming to win
- Fixes to Demand Artifact for the AI
- Fixes to disbanding/reforming Factions
- Improved Shadows and Lighting for the Throne Rooms
- And of course, there will be a WHOLE lot more

Still a bit of work to be done, but we are working hard on this end of things, so keep an eye out for news. We will always keep you as up to date as possible on all things News and Update related as soon as we are able!

Thank you all again for your understanding and dedication to the game. Without you, this game and Community would not be the warm and welcoming environment it is today.

Until we hear more, this is Sonic Pariah signing off for now!

-SP

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

feldhase posted:

I haven't watched the livestream so I could be wrong, but I would be careful about assuming "patch notes tomorrow" equals "patch tomorrow". It might, but it's not uncommon to get patch notes a week ahead of time either.

e: Nope apparently it is in fact coming tomorrow.

e: Some big changes in that livestream:
  • Tribes now have courts. It's mentioned that they're different without much explanation, but they exist and have court languages. I'm very glad I ground out Lingua Franca before that change lol
  • It sounds like the stupid cool downs on cultural hybridization are gone, only requirements are the prestige and acceptance requirements (this is apparently based on game rule settings)
  • Unlanded characters now actually equip artifacts.

God drat this is hard to watch though. They are currently playing as King "Spanish onion" of "oNIONS", and neither of them can pronounce anything correctly, most notably the word 'Asatru'. It's not a subtle thing either, they are saying the consonants in the wrong order. Attacking the Abbasids with barely any army at all, marching their Norsemen over to Oman, and losing the war because they couldn't be bothered to resupply.

:negative:

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Mar 9, 2022

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Put out the patch tonight! :argh: I'm leaving on a trip tomorrow but have plenty of time to play tonight, Paradox you cowards! :argh:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

PittTheElder posted:

• Tribes now have courts. It's mentioned that they're different without much explanation, but they exist and have court languages. I'm very glad I ground out Lingua Franca before that change lol

That's huge, and while I guess I'm never getting that achievement now, I'm very glad that tribes can do something with all the artifacts they pillage. I had a Dyre game where I stayed in Kiev, but had raided my way to pretty much every artifact in Europe and Arabia. I couldn't even sit on the Stone of Scone, it was tossed outside in the same pile with all the other artifacts.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

binge crotching posted:

That's huge, and while I guess I'm never getting that achievement now

Upon further inspection I would not despair quite yet. In this livestream the current court language in Ireland, Sweden, Novgorod, Norway, and Murmansk is Greek. :psyduck:

e: well I guess that's only two realms but still, yikes. Please take this more seriously Paradox.

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 9, 2022

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

B B posted:

Fixes to Demand Artifact for the AI
I hope this means that every Dynasty member won't constantly demand my green quality necklace, each person getting a -80 when I refuse! I should have gotten rid of it just to shut them up but I assumed they'd ask for others.

Love how refusing to give them an artifact that they never owned is a worse opinion modifier than revoking their titles!

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

PancakeTransmission posted:

I hope this means that every Dynasty member won't constantly demand my green quality necklace, each person getting a -80 when I refuse! I should have gotten rid of it just to shut them up but I assumed they'd ask for others.

Love how refusing to give them an artifact that they never owned is a worse opinion modifier than revoking their titles!

Yeah, thats vary dumb and annoying. I hope they fixed it

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
They acknowledge and confirmed my report of that specific issue a while ago so I hope that is what they're fixing specifically. The claims are not being validated properly according to the game's own tooltips so it's not intended to be that way.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Oh man that’s nice. Tribes having courts especially will change a lot of things.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Anyone else like using the fullscreen barbershop for family portraits? Hell of a fun way to keep track of your dynasty's history, even if your dumb daughters won't stop loving blinking all the time

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
How do you get more than three people to appear? I can only get my player character, their spouse, and player heir to show.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Pin them on their character sheet, then they'll show up in the barbershop

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Awesome, that's easy. Thanks!

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

PittTheElder posted:

I've been digging around in there today, and I think what I want is this? These conditions are all implicitly AND right, I don't actually need to specify that? And then just stick this into the liberty_faction_modifiers?

(code)

That looks like what you'd need to add to the liberty_faction_modifiers, yes. Listing multiple conditions for a modifier is AND unless you enclose them in a different block, and you can check for cultural traditions directly using has_cultural_tradition = tradition_code_name from a culture scope.

In general, learn to love the Modding section in the wiki - it has lists of every scope, trigger, and effect the script language recognises out of the box. Sometimes a little short on explanations, but often enough a look at how they're used in the base game (or the *.info files in the base game directories) will clear up questions.

quote:

Honestly the daunting thing about all this is that constantly re-initializing the game to check this poo poo is not conducive to success, is there some sort of IDE or parser out there that the mod community loves? I want to be able to unit test my changes :v:

Unfortunately not that I'm aware of, nothing like the CK2 Validator or all the conflict solving features in the Stellaris mod manager, just the game error log (which to be fair is very comprehensive). I think that if you load the game in debug mode it will enable a file watcher that will reload files you change immediately rather than requiring a restart, but I never remember to use it because it requires changing the Steam launch options. :v:

quote:

And yeah honestly using one of the existing mods for this is probably a good idea. Haesteinn is an interesting case, I fully expect that if I go looking through the files there'll be all sorts of special cases for him, which is not unjustifiable since the real guy was apparently running around for almost 40 years, but on the other hand I don't know why he's so old already in the 867 start...

No special cases really, he just gets a huge flat health bonus in his history file because of reasons, so he routinely lives past a century.

quote:

Oh yea I totally just re-used the main file name, 00_ai.txt or whatever it is, which now that you mention it seems to have obvious risks. Does the game automatically parse all .txt files it sees in the tree, or is there a master project file I have to add new files to?

It automatically parses them all - *.txt in most folders, but some of them (mostly UI folders) use other extensions.

In my experience:
  • if you use the same name for a file in your mod as in the base game (or in any mod before it in the load order) then your mod will override that file entirely - which can cause Issues if your mod file doesn't include everything a vanilla file does, which is likely what happened with the AI file. That and the compatibility issues it creates (with base game updates or other mods) are why I'm on a crusade against doing it if I don't have to.

• If you use a new file name, but inside that file use an ID for a database object (ie, a trait, decision, scripted modifier, etc) that is previously used, the game loads whichever one is in the file named latest in alphabetical order (regardless of mod load order). Selective overriding works for most stuff, even defines, but is sometimes a bit buggy with events - current guidance from the modding Discord is to override entire event files if you want to change a single event inside one, which I hate but does seem to work consistently.

forkis
Sep 15, 2011

Dallan Invictus posted:

Unfortunately not that I'm aware of, nothing like the CK2 Validator or all the conflict solving features in the Stellaris mod manager, just the game error log (which to be fair is very comprehensive). I think that if you load the game in debug mode it will enable a file watcher that will reload files you change immediately rather than requiring a restart, but I never remember to use it because it requires changing the Steam launch options. :v:

Yeah launching in debug mode will do exactly that. It's extremely helpful when modding. Adding the -develop launch option as well will make even more of the game hot-load like that (at least, so says the modding co-op), though both come at a moderate cost to performance.

Also debug mode can now be enabled from the launcher, via the game settings option.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Changelog is up: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/ck3-dev-diary-90-the-1-5-1-update.1514785/

quote:

###################
# Balance
###################
- AI's will now leave factions more quickly when they are pleased with you as their liege
- AI's will no longer press factions for Claimants they like if they also like their current liege a lot, with a decreasing chance at higher opinions (the AI will be less likely to press a claimant they have 80 opinion of if they have 60 opinion of their liege, for example)
- The AI now considers Faith Hostility when selecting claimants
- AI vassals are now more likely to offer a gift when paying homage
- Added a Game Rule (Empire Obscurity) that makes empires that control below 20% of their De Jure counties be destroyed. This should solve empires sticking around forever as micro-realms.
- Boosted the control gain from requesting Bailiffs from your Liege in a Petition
- Corrected the modifiers of the Cup of Jamshid
- Forcing same vote by using a hook on an elector will now last 100 years instead of 5
- It's now much harder to invite Inspired people to your court, and practically impossible to invite anyone who's currently being sponsored
- Landless AI's will now try to equip artifacts you gift them via the interaction (depending on rarity)
- Only House Heads will now demand the return of artifacts if there's only a house claim
- Strategy Lifestyle bonus to Skirmishers has been moved to the Hit and Run Perk
- The AI now has a 5 year cooldown towards asking to educate the players children if the player refuses
- The AI will no longer demand artifacts from players they like a lot, and will no longer keep asking after you've refused once
- The Chaste trait now only reduces Seduction scheme power
- The Development progress from the Industrious Cultural Tradition is now applied at most once a year
- The Holy Site of Qayaliq now gives Archer Cavalry bonuses
- The Jousting Lists and Archery Ranges Duchy Buildings now give bonuses to camel, elephant, and archer cavalry
- The Parthian Tactics perk now boosts Elephant and Camel cavalry
- The Prestige gained from the Architect trait when it's boosted via cultural traditions have been changed from 50% to a flat +0.5/month
- The War Camps and Hunting Grounds buildings now give Horse Archer bonuses
- Tweaked various factors in the war for England, in order to reduce the chances of Harold winning
- AI now moves capital to London on victory in Norman conquest, if possible
- Northern Lords legacies can now be gotten by dynasts of any culture descendent from Norse as well as Norse culture itself.
- Sacred Childbirth now grants piety each time a child is born and considers Pregnant a virtuous trait
- Rebalanced artifact gift opinion gain
- Tribal Kings and Emperors can now access the Royal Court, but it plays differently:
- The 'Expected Grandeur' is always the same as their current Grandeur level. It cannot be above or below.
- All Amenity Levels except the first two are blocked if playing Tribal
- Amenity Costs are greatly increased if tribal (it was trivially cheap)
- They only have access to one Court Type: Tribal. This one can be kept if feudalizing, but it doesn't give many benefits, and the AI will switch out of it fairly quickly.
- All Tutorials and Game Concepts now mention Tribals and the differences they have
- Several events that were ill-fitting for tribals will not appear for them (i.e. founding new City holdings)

###################
# AI
###################
- A unit stack wanting to resupply will spread out its subunit stacks into neighboring provinces even though said provinces might not allow resupplying, in order to try and avoid attrition.
- AI should take player units into account for supply situation when selecting target province.
- AI stops to raise levies with very small amount of troops
- Allow units to ignore hostile attrition as a last resort when moving to a target in a neighboring county.
- Added missing check for if a unit is moving or not when calculating troop strength for supply.
- For combat evaluation, only count available subunit stacks if they are close enough.
- If the main subunit stack is already moving, then don't deny being available for order because some units are still technically sieging.
- Desperate AI will be more bold when selecting targets near enemy units, or when engaging enemy units.
- Ignore non-castle provinces when giving extra score to province targets near the war goal area.
- In Great Holy Wars the AI will be more focused on fighting about the war goal and less likely to shy away from confrontation due to numerical weakness.
- Instructed the AI to adjust its court amenity spending in a more responsive manner
- AI will no longer go to war for artifacts that are below masterwork, cursed or that it cannot use (like toys).
- Lowered the AI cooldown on Pay Homage to 2 years from 3
- Blocked the AI from overspending in Hold Court events
- Fixed an issue where AI's could get stuck and never go home after a raid

###################
# Performance
###################
- Significantly improved the performance of all portraits in the game
- Improved the performance of the Throne Room scenes

###################
# Interface
###################
- Add check boxes for flipping coat of arm emblems in detail edit mode
- Budget tooltip entry on liege taxes are now shown as a breakdown instead of being within the budget tooltip
- Fixed too low left margin for crown authority buttons
- Recruited prisoners can now be forced to Take the Vows when Negotiating Release
- When gifting an Artifact, the entry will now show if it is equipped
- Added a prestige icon to council task descs
- Empty court positions you cannot hire are now correctly sorted to the bottom of the list
- Dead characters now have a skull next to their age
- Renamed the Court tab to Courtiers to differentiate between it and Royal Court
- Made text labels have more correct margins.
- Cleaned up margins and spacings in the Faith View.
- Changed the standard window margins so they no longer overlap the vertical lines at the sides of the window.

###################
# Art
###################
- Significantly improved the lighting and shadows in all throne rooms
- Fixed CoA on shield artifacts being mirrored when displayed in the Royal Court
- Added unique icons for all different types of inspirations
- Added a new set of Legwear for Arabic clothes sets
- Added unique art for the Throne of Solomon
- Olifant now has a unique 3D appearance
- African and Norse swords now have unique 3D appearance
- Steppe Axes now have a unique 3D appearance
- African Axes now have a unique 3D appearance
- Steppe Maces now have a unique 3D appearance
- Mediterranean Maces and Axes now have a unique 3D appearance
- Added several new 2D icons to artifacts
- Changed which texture quality settings are used on each preset level in the graphics settings menu so that the highest preset default to using the highest quality textures
- Made it so that orthodox priests should always have a beard
- Adjusted eyelids that were sometimes causing characters to have overly “squinty” eyes
- Added a hybrid culture art pattern for options that can mix from two different cultures
- Added unique CoA for HRE that reformed Roman Empire

###################
# Localization
###################
- Fixed error string in spanish inspiration sponsored toast
- Fixed duplicate chinese character issue in court grandeur rank text
- Fixed the alliance popup string in spanish to use correct custom loc
- Fixed Spanish warning message for player marriage and betrothal status
- Fixed broken string in spanish for inspiration
- Fixed spanish localisation for intrigue window
- Fixed 2nd and 3rd tier of beauty traits sharing Hermoso localization in Spanish, 2nd tier is now Atractivo

###################
# Game Content
###################
- Added an additional event for losing language when reached cap for max known
- Added notification, personal artifact claim, and prestige loss after losing a war banner in battle
- Added three additional hunt events
- Added three additional Feast events about artifacts
- Added a new yearly event about medieval football
- Added a new martial lifestyle event about improvised weapons
- Added a new Skulduggery lifestyle event about siege tactics
- Added a new Intimidation lifestyle event about a forest of corpses
- Added the establish Yamagate of Samarkand decision
- Added a new set of events surrounding the Athletic trait
- Added a new event for characters with the Lisp trait
- Added an event where you can combine a relic artifact with a weapon artifact
- Added the 'Passion Play' theology lifestyle event
- Added a new murder save event about artifacts
- Added two hostile scheme ongoing events about knowing languages
- Added the Establish Theravada Faith Event Chain to the Burmese region
- Added the Olifant artifact as a new artifact that can be found by adventurers

###################
# User Modding
###################
- Added can_pick trigger to Court Amenities
- Added equip_artifact_to_owner effect
- Added equip_artifact_to_owner_replace effect
- Added unequip_artifact_from_owner effect
- Court scene editor will now save only current active scene and not overwrite all the other variants
- Allow setting any angle for pitch in court scene settings
- Add light type controls to court scene editor
- Add indications for lights that are enabled and with shadows
- Add shadow fade per light source
- Add shadow settings as sliders to scene editor
- Allow shadow depth fade factor to be influenced by a define
- Allow lights be affected by all shadows according to a define
- Fix the has_icon trigger not correctly detecting a faith's icon
- Fix the past_holder list builder being incorrectly registered as any_any_
- Added a debug interaction for taking an artifact

###################
# Databases
###################
- Added Karelian culture in counties between Finnish and Bjarmian
- Added more straits connecting Zeeland to surrounding counties
- Adding missing accents to French titles
- Fixed death date of Konrad Wettin
- Fixed gaps in history of Sunni caliphs
- Improved historical setup of Sankt Gallen
- Yughur is a now divergence of the Uyghur culture
- Öngüd is a now divergence of the Shatuo culture
- Added Ayneha language for Sorko, Gaw, & Songhai to model one of their major gulfs from the other major cultural blocks of the western Sahel
- Added in Rasad, the mother of the Fatimid Caliph in 1066.
- Cleaned up loose characters in the Chola dynasty tree.
- Reverted Uxkull to being on the Latvian side of the river
- Made Ostmark/Brandenburg, Meissen, and Lausitz default names Polabian, changing to German
- Lubeck and Mecklenburg now use Slavic names as default and change to German
- Remove anachronistic names in Russia/Central Asia
- Kanuri now speak Tubu (Saharan) rather than Chadic language
- Muslim Volga Bolghars are now Clan instead of Feudal in 1066
- Fixed typo in name of Otranto
- Fixed two counties sharing name Naissos, and added Niš as a Slavic name for the real one
- Fixed inconsistent transliteration of Rashka, and name of its capital barony
- Replaced erroneous Wallachian Bolghar rulers in 867 with Vlachs
- Fixed misplaced Irish strait graphics between Carrickfergus and Wigtown
- Fixed historical ruler of Hörðaland, now is correct Eirikr
- Fatimah is now guaranteed pious traits
- Renamed Wilhelmshaven to more historical Jever
- Changed Bulgarian Warrior Culture tradition to Stand and Fight
- Added Croatian to history of Bulgarian and made Vlach formation later
- Capital of Bulgaria is now Preslav in 867
- Extended Avar settlement of Balaton in 867
- Early bookmark Polish duchies now have tribal names
- Nupe culture now speak East Kwa language
- Fixed names of Petropavl and Petropavolsk
- Changed the english name of Kiev to Kyiv
- Renamed Courland to Curonia
- Nizhny Novgorod is now called Obran Osh unless Russian, rather than only if Finnic
- Fixed leftover Russian Slovianskan chief in 1066
- Fixed Finnic Russian overlaps in 1066
- Updated culture around Provence/Savoy borders to reflect Occitan and Frankish dialect spreads
- Fixed Pecheneg feudal rulers at start
- Tied Syriac culture to Nestorian faith in both bookmarks
- Fixes for missing Mayzadids, Syrian borders in 1066, incorrect duke of Cappadocia in 1066, and more
- Fixed titles used by Arpitan hybrid culture from Anjou to Provence
- Fixed some Siguic counties which should have been Bidaic
- Fixed some Mashriqi counties which should have been Bedouin
- Improved historical cultural setup of Estonia/Latvia
- Charleroi renamed to Dinant
- Adjusted Empire borders in the area formerly covered by the South Baltic Empire
- Improved historical setup of Langres, moved county to Duchy of Burgundy
- Added more name equivalencies, mostly Sicilian
- Added missing accents to French titles
- Improved historical/cultural setup of Sicily in 1066
- Sicilian culture now hybridizes in 950, to prevent it stating in 1066 that it hybridized in 700 when it doesn't exist in 867
- Orissa is now a Kingdom at start in 1066
- Added the Baudh Bhanjas in Kinjali Mandali in 1066
- Fixed the Somavamsi family tree, and another branch of the Somavamsi dynasty now holds the western part of the kingdom in 1066.
- Added the Chikitiki Gangas in Swetaka Mandala in 1066.
- Qocho's vassals should now be Feudal instead of Clan
- Updated the Unite the West Slavs decision to give you the West-Slavia title
- Zurvanism is now a doctrine for Zoroastrians rather than a distinct faith
- Added Behafaridism as a Zoroastrian faith
- Changed Polabia to be named Sorbia by default
- Fixed some historical Georgian Bagrationi characters remaining Armenian
- Remodeled Ari faith, added historical figures in Burma, adjusted pre-existing ones
- Switched Ari's color to 'roasted plum'
- Cathars no longer believe in ritual suicide and now believe in reincarnation
- Renamed Consolementum to Endura
- Ivar the Boneless is now the youngest son of Ragnarr rather than the oldest
- Gave Neftegorsk a more appropriate name
- Moved Hereward and Turdifa to Count Baldwin of Flanders' court. Adjusted Hereward's traits and gave him a pressed claim on Cambridgeshire. Added "the Wake" nickname.
- Removed Anglo-Saxon id 90029 = 'Edith' was the name of Hereward's mother, not his wife. Added Dutch id (pending) = 'Turfida' was his actual wife, raised in Saint-Omer.
- Added a dynasty for Hereward the Wake

###################
# Bugfixes
###################
- Fixed a lot of various issues with Hold Court events which were caused by subsequent events sometimes 'stealing' characters from those ahead in the queue
- Fixed some cases when a royal court owner dies but events are still in progress, avoiding soft-locks when visiting "dead" royal courts
- Council task events should now fire again as intended
- Fixed Prince Electors needing to hold titles as their primary to vote
- Fixed Gradient Borders not updating when they should
- Fixed cultural divergence bonuses not updating until you reload the game
- Children will no longer vie for their lieges attention in Getting Ahead event
- Defender value in sieges should no longer become insanely high due to changing underlying factors, and sieges should no longer lose progress when the total value falls under current progress.
- Don't open the decision view behind the court scene when you try to hold court, just open the one decision detail view we need and close just that.
- Electors will no longer rate themselves based on rank under Saxon Elective
- Estonians should now have access to Varangian Adventures for owners of Northern Lords
- Fix add_achievement_variable_effect not incrementing variables properly causing the "Seductive" achievement to never fire.
- Fix becoming malnourished sending the toast you became obese instead.
- Fix pending interactions not expiring after the timer runs out.
- Fix the culture head learning sometimes being out of date in the culture window UI.
- Fix the hold court decision window being empty if you use a two step decision, like commission artifact, and then open the royal court view.
- Fix the no cooldown option in hybridizing cultures not correctly applying.
- Fixed Blackmail interaction being unavailable forever if someone you were blackmailing died before they replied
- Fixed Go Outside! event firing for celibate characters
- Fixed Ruler Designed characters receiving banners of historical dynasties they replaced
- Fixed Slovianskan adventurers being more likely to find Roog artifacts
- Fixed Sultanate of Rum decision disappearing if capital was in Syria
- Restore the Papacy in Rome should now be less hidden
- Fixed all Anglo-Saxon counties forcibly converting to Scots if their ruler owned any counties in Scotland
- Fixed being able to choose medical treatment for other character's prisoners
- Fixed being able to use Revoke Title on characters you have a truce with, and thereby avoid truce by forcing war
- Fixed broken name in artifacts made from deceased pets
- Fixed characters living in foreign realms being invited to feasts, and having such a good time they never go back
- Fixed creating a new cadet branch not granting claims on dynasty banner
- Fixed duplicate Gauthier de Brienne and dynasty
- Fixed mismatched triggers in Civic Rivalry event
- Fixed end of partition of Danelaw and England giving Scandinavian Elective and Danelaw CoA to non-Scandinavians
- Fixed house banner appearing twice in new court event if not a dynasty head
- Fixed ill characters wearing helmets and coifs with their nighties
- Fixed issues caused by being able to Petition Liege or Pay Homage while your own court events were awaiting input
- Fixed lieges who refuse petitions losing opinion of themselves
- Fixed misleading dynasty trigger in Archduchy of Austria decision
- Fixed missing loc, empty councils blocking decision, and other minor issues with Petition Liege
- Fixed not being able gift Dynasty Banners to their Dynasty Head
- Fixed rewards and text in The King of Livonia event
- Fixed some Electors being excluded as Candidates due to low rank under Feudal Elective succession
- Fixed some anachronistic title names in Slovenia
- Fixed toast from Urban Development stating a Temple is being built instead of a City
- Fixed issues with scopes in Hero of the Frontier event
- Improved display of Found Witch Coven decision requirements
- Fixed clerical gender in Unconventional Preacher event
- Holy Orders can now raise themselves when at war or pledged to a Great Holy War
- Information Brokering event no longer includes known secrets of your own children's parentage
- Missing text in the automatic law change notification should be corrected
- Unified Songhai color
- The follow up event of the Cadastre is not hiding in the court view anymore
- Angelicas Ring will no longer be stored on the floor if found and brought to court by an adventurer
- Improved tooltip for elective score required to change a character's vote
- Fixed electors voting themselves based on education
- Fixed Estonian characters using non-Estonian names in bookmarks
- Fixed perspective of Introduce New Fashion cooldown trigger
- Achievement Delusions of Grandeur requirements now work properly
- Adjusted the achievement ‘The True Royal Court’ to have more intuitive triggers
- Adjusted effect of performance-enhancing drugs
- Children should now always lose their childhood traits/guardians upon reaching 16 years of age
- Claim wars started via Hold Court events no longer cost prestige to declare
- Corrected incorrectly saved scopes in Cupbearer/Bodyguard/Food Taster murder save events
- Count only available innovations for progress towards the next era
- Executing prisoners should no longer sometimes apply stress twice for the same trait.
- Fix enable/disable light source checkbox in court scene editor
- Fixed an instance of missing loc in a seduction event if the target was a wanderer
- Fixed an issue with Claimant factions constantly forming/disbanding under certain circumstances
- Fixed an issue with the 'The Northerner Menace' event where it could fire for invalid wars
- Fixed button sometimes missing the name of an executioner in Public Accusation event
- Fixed incorrect reference to the Bedchamber event picture
- Fixed issue that would sometimes cause a bad tooltip for executing prisoners when execution happened due to an event choice
- The game now tells you that vassals cannot become executioners
- Fixed several hybrid names incorrectly looking for Saxon culture rather than Anglo-Saxon
- Fixed the Beta Israel achievement being available to ruler designed characters
- Fixed the referenced character sometimes being wrong in the text for the outcome events of the rival duel event chain
- Hide ghost widgets visible for few frames when game map just appears on screen
- If a scheme is exposed, your spymaster won't reveal themselves as the plotter anymore
- Lowborn characters with a lowborn liege will no longer pretend like they're nobles for purposes of 'marrying down'
- Republican Legacy is now properly categorized as a Regional Tradition
- Restore missing shortcuts in the tooltips for side panel buttons in HUD
- Revoking a lease should now only give stress once
- The 'Land of the Bow' Tradition is now properly available to cultures with the East African Heritage
- The Hybrid Culture notification will now only show up if you're in diplomatic range of the founder
- The Inventory button is now hidden for dead characters
- The standard seduction outcome event now uses the bedchamber background
- The traditions Mountaineer Ruralism and Mountain Homes are now properly mutually exclusive
- Vassals will no longer show up in court and complain about having imprisoned their own relatives
- Visigothic Culture now starts with Visgothic Codes
- You can no longer game over if your designated heir becomes a monk, eunuch or otherwise invalid for inheritance
- You can now click the button to adopt a Court Language in the Culture View
- You can now only rename children that are your close family, no more renaming any child in the world!
- FP1 traditions should no longer show up if they're impossible to take
- Celebrating another culture should no longer have missing effects
- Excluded children from trying to murder you in The Timely Artifact
- Fixed issues with A Sweet Farewell event
- Fixed Marble Scepter using bone visuals, now use regalia
- Fixed pagan faiths losing their court chaplain titles when reformed
- A Shadow in the Night should no longer show percent chances of nothing
- Fixed hunt hide/skull event not firing if no skull was available to make it more common, and improved/fixed other issues with hunt events
- Fixed OOS caused by duplicate players
- Fixed another rare OOS

Omnicarus fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Mar 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
That's a loooot of stuff. Feels good.