Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

polyester concept posted:

you get a buff if somebody with your group password defeats a boss, so it’s definitely worth setting something common. i’ve been using “help” and it feels like a dece commonly used one. gonna add “yospos” tonight too

can you do multiple?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

dioxazine posted:

did you use a two-hander for elden ring?

I've been two handing a morning star because I foolishly chose bandit as the start class so I need Dex scaling and that sweet bleed damage

but also as mentioned I went in wildly the wrong direction so have actually got absolutely gently caress all weapons/armour/anything and can't summon spirits either

I've killed a lot of those goblin fuckers though. And crabs. And jellyfish. Idk what this game is about except killing animals tbh

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

can you do multiple?

up to five

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

rad

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
sometimes i get summoned by someone with a golden ring next to their name what’s that

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I’m gonna set yospos as my pass too. gonna do the goon ones of lljk and the like too, if you see HAMBOY out there I thank you for carrying me through the challenges

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I've been two handing a morning star because I foolishly chose bandit as the start class so I need Dex scaling and that sweet bleed damage

but also as mentioned I went in wildly the wrong direction so have actually got absolutely gently caress all weapons/armour/anything and can't summon spirits either

I've killed a lot of those goblin fuckers though. And crabs. And jellyfish. Idk what this game is about except killing animals tbh

bleed really seems to be extremely strong so far, yeah

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

dioxazine posted:

bleed was incredibly op in the souls games which is why I went with it

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I started on HORIZON DAWN ZERO tonight, got through the training-wheels bit of the game where you're a kid, and now running around the first area - I dunno, it looks very pretty but I'm not getting the vibe from it, the 'slow stalking' hunting gameplay is not matching up to 'angry vietnam vet with a shotgun' so far.

I'll give it another hour or so's fair shake though.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
keep goin a bit, it gets pretty cool

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'm doing a new game plus of yakuza 0, and I've got such a grasp on the combat system and so overpowered the random encounters are hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_c5UbBdJYo

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjAkcYThY_I&t=71s

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
struggling against a boss for a day and then finally beating him is so satisfying and bittersweet. god drat this game is good

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

bump_fn posted:

struggling against a boss for a day and then finally beating him is so satisfying and bittersweet. god drat this job sucks

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I started on HORIZON DAWN ZERO tonight, got through the training-wheels bit of the game where you're a kid, and now running around the first area - I dunno, it looks very pretty but I'm not getting the vibe from it, the 'slow stalking' hunting gameplay is not matching up to 'angry vietnam vet with a shotgun' so far.

I'll give it another hour or so's fair shake though.

being a slow stealthy stalker's a chump game, despite what Rost tries to tell you. at least, with a couple levels and bows with more ammo types

get the talents for nocking double (later, triple) arrows, and the one that slows down time when aiming; get damage arrows on a non-sniper bow, and hunt by shooting multiple arrows several times into your victim's vulnerable spots at medium to point-blank range before the slow time ends

when you can start proccing freeze (arrows, traps, bombs, whatever), do that first whenever you can, then start the damage arrows; precious little can stand up to that for long, especially in the base game

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

lmao

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

Ciaphas posted:

being a slow stealthy stalker's a chump game, despite what Rost tries to tell you. at least, with a couple levels and bows with more ammo types

get the talents for nocking double (later, triple) arrows, and the one that slows down time when aiming; get damage arrows on a non-sniper bow, and hunt by shooting multiple arrows several times into your victim's vulnerable spots at medium to point-blank range before the slow time ends

when you can start proccing freeze (arrows, traps, bombs, whatever), do that first whenever you can, then start the damage arrows; precious little can stand up to that for long, especially in the base game

hmm this sounds really enticing, i might have to give h0d another attempt with a newer version of proton, it kept crashing on me after the intro cinematic iirc

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/jason_a_w/status/1501366554750980103

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON HOPS! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what the hell is freedom

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i was all in on that until i read "sipulator" and now my ears are bleeding ???????

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:judge: and you maxed out your overdraft. life sentence.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

im gonna find that beer and drink it thanks to that tweet. Good advertising

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

In my defense if I saw it on a shelf I'd buy it immediately

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

PokeJoe posted:

In my defense if I saw it on a shelf I'd buy it immediately

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

ErrorInvalidUser posted:

:judge: and you maxed out your overdraft. life sentence.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

dioxazine posted:

yeah it whips, the bloody slash ash is super strong and makes bosses seem easy

i have yospos as a pass, my guy is called fartlord itg (in the game)

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
upgrade material availability basically hard-gates progress in ER and they are really quite hard to come by and that kind of loving sucks tbh

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

PokeJoe posted:

YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON HOPS! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

the joke here is that hops (like roads) are terrible and best omitted

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
Was I not supposed to go downstairs from the Smith in the Undead Parish into the darkroot garden?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

MrQueasy posted:

Was I not supposed to go downstairs from the Smith in the Undead Parish into the darkroot garden?

after you ring the bells it opens up to being a metroidvania style game. there’s no right or wrong path. if you feel like a path is getting too difficult try going in a different direction for a bit

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Sapozhnik posted:

upgrade material availability basically hard-gates progress in ER and they are really quite hard to come by and that kind of loving sucks tbh

i'd love somewhere i can farm up smithing stone [1]s, being still near the beginning and experimenting with weapons

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
any recommendations for a really chill city builder/maybe survival game on steam? must run on my sick M1

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

i'd love somewhere i can farm up smithing stone [1]s, being still near the beginning and experimenting with weapons

mines have the answers to your problem!

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

PIZZA.BAT posted:

after you ring the bells it opens up to being a metroidvania style game. there’s no right or wrong path. if you feel like a path is getting too difficult try going in a different direction for a bit

pfft, bold of you to assume I have rung a bell, Quasimodo.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

MrQueasy posted:

pfft, bold of you to assume I have rung a bell, Quasimodo.

oh. yeah you want to ring two bells first. the guy at the firelink shrine should have filled you in on that. there's one that's up and another that's down. i forget how much actual info he gives you so that's all i'll say :)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Zam Wesell posted:

any recommendations for a really chill city builder/maybe survival game on steam? must run on my sick M1

i gotta reinstall cities skylines that game was good

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Zam Wesell posted:

dwarf fortress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

PIZZA.BAT posted:

oh. yeah you want to ring two bells first. the guy at the firelink shrine should have filled you in on that. there's one that's up and another that's down. i forget how much actual info he gives you so that's all i'll say :)

I spent some time sparring with the titanite demon before saying “I’m just going to go explore what’s through that door beyond him” and then dying to a black knight while running from crystal golems.