Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Renegret posted:

I almost impulse bought one of those massage guns last week but then thought better of it and didn't.

Right now I have a nasty cramp in my shoulder/neck to the point I can't turn my head and I've never regretted a decision so hard. The closest thing I've had to relief was tricking my 3 year old to jump up and down on my back which probably isn't the smartest thing but I don't care.

My brain auto corrected this to "machine guns" and honestly if Costco was selling guns I wouldn't be that surprised, that's like the only thing they DON'T sell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Johnny Truant posted:

My brain auto corrected this to "machine guns" and honestly if Costco was selling guns I wouldn't be that surprised, that's like the only thing they DON'T sell

Thank god. The 2020 Toilet Paper riots would have been considerably worse.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Oh my god, please do not diy a massage gun out of power tools when there are perfectly good knockoffs on Amazon for $40.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Am I correct in thinking that if I purchase like, a Samsung Smart Watch from Costco, with the Costco Citi cc, I'll have the extended warranty? Or is that just on desktops/laptops?

Hutla posted:

Oh my god, please do not diy a massage gun out of power tools when there are perfectly good knockoffs on Amazon for $40.

Or do... and make a topic about it :getin:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
There's a certain feeling of satisfaction I attained this week. There was a product that I want but I knew if i waited long enough it would go on sale and yesterday it loving did! Saved $10+$15 on a coordinating product. It was a faucet and bathroom accessories.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

mariooncrack posted:

Best time to fill up is after 730 on a week day in my experience

I went this morning before work (since I work way closer to church than I live), 2 hours before Costco opens.

There were already 30 cars there but luckily no on really taking advantage of the long hose to fill up on the "wrong" side

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Ordered a 75" Samsung TV thanks to a deal they had for a "free" $100 wall mount and three years of Allstate protection. The TV got here yesterday but the mount doesn't get here until tomorrow, and it's gotta be wall mounted. First world problems, but PBUC.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Costco Business near me put in gas pumps a while back. It's right on the way home from work and never a wait to get a pump :hellyeah:

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

The Midniter posted:

Ordered a 75" Samsung TV thanks to a deal they had for a "free" $100 wall mount and three years of Allstate protection. The TV got here yesterday but the mount doesn't get here until tomorrow, and it's gotta be wall mounted. First world problems, but PBUC.

As long as there are no buttons on the bottom bezel I'm sure you could just lean it up against the wall

(Don't do this, your insurance definitely won't cover it)

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Random Costco impulse purchase recommendation : the box of 36 macarons. Ive never really eaten many macarons but these are pretty tasty.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Looking forward to a mesh wifi network in my plaster and lath walled house, thanks Costco. Baby is gonna miss pulling the wifi extender out of the wall during my work calls, though.

I’m keeping an eye out for the dumbbell set they sell sometimes. It looks like a pretty dang good deal, but I have no idea how I would get the box onto a cart and into my car…

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Hutla posted:

Five below has one for 25 bucks.

I have it and it works pretty well

https://www.fivebelow.com/products/titan-super-massager-set-with-6-attachments-carrying-case

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

BadSamaritan posted:

I’m keeping an eye out for the dumbbell set they sell sometimes. It looks like a pretty dang good deal, but I have no idea how I would get the box onto a cart and into my car…

Get beefy

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm heading to a business center for the first time tomorrow. Anything in particular I should look out for?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

graventy posted:

I'm heading to a business center for the first time tomorrow. Anything in particular I should look out for?

Buy baking sheets.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

BadSamaritan posted:

Looking forward to a mesh wifi network in my plaster and lath walled house, thanks Costco. Baby is gonna miss pulling the wifi extender out of the wall during my work calls, though.

It seems like a good deal (the weights) because of the nice rack but I think the weights top out at like 30lbs. Like many weight sets it’s kind of a trap. Anyone who works out regularly will probably need max 50lbs and people who don’t already work out regularly don’t need to start with a $300+ set

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

The Bowflex dumbbell set they had in store was adjustable from 5-50lb. It looked pretty nice to me.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Don't buy any exercise equipment just never use a cart at Costco. Boom deadlifts and squats five times a week

no_tears
Dec 20, 2020

Bing Bong
Anyone bought kitchen appliances from Costco before? I need to buy a fridge in August and wondering if they deliver.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

no_tears posted:

Anyone bought kitchen appliances from Costco before? I need to buy a fridge in August and wondering if they deliver.

I bought a dishwasher. They deliver and use a third party service for installation. Wasn’t very impressed as I had to sign off on delivery stating the dishwasher worked before the separate installer came to actually install, and they did actually find issues, ended up being a big hassle.

no_tears
Dec 20, 2020

Bing Bong

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I bought a dishwasher. They deliver and use a third party service for installation. Wasn’t very impressed as I had to sign off on delivery stating the dishwasher worked before the separate installer came to actually install, and they did actually find issues, ended up being a big hassle.

Ah shoot, that does sound like a pain in the butt. Do they use a third party service for delivery as well, if you know? I’m in Alaska and a lot of poo poo says it isn’t able to be delivered to my address, even though I’m only an hour away from the nearest store location. Nice and fun!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

graventy posted:

get an immersion blender the size of your arm and 500 takeout pizza boxes

anyway in seriousness business does a lot more single-flavor packs of whatever instead of variety so that's usually good. beverages, frozen, and refrigerated usually have something interesting. Mine is like, 1/3 restaurant supply, 1/3 beverages + snacks and 1/3 everything else, so there's a lot less staple items and a lot more 36 count boxes of Altoids.

I won't judge if you're trying to decide between the eight pound bag of frozen french fries and frozen tater tots and you just shrug and buy both. you might need a really big freezer though, which they also probably sell

(no I've never done this but I know people who did. Sixteen pounds of frozen potato in one trip, hell yeah)

Psion fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Mar 10, 2022

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

no_tears posted:

I have a new fridge coming next Saturday, they are delivering and taking the old one away. No idea how it'll go.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
They contract the deliveries out to local appliance delivery places, I had a fridge delivered and it went fine. The recourse if something does go wrong is probably better thru costco at least!

They get the appliance into place, take away the old one and will even do stuff like take doors off the fridge to fit it thru doorways then back on. Give the dudes a tip tho! I figured $20ea because the took the doors off both fridges and moved em up stairs with no fuss.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

silence_kit posted:

Here is the segment Ernie was referencing in the previous video about the West Coast and the Moon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaSrQy-aju8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D824ese7n-8

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I don’t really care about the NBA but I do enjoy watching Barkley and Shaq just riff on whatever. True characters.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

priznat posted:

I don’t really care about the NBA but I do enjoy watching Barkley and Shaq just riff on whatever. True characters.

They got some big ol women down in San Antonio.

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

no_tears posted:

I bought a dishwasher, washer & dryer but did install myself (canada) I think the delivery guys were supposed to do "simple installs" but they didn't and I didn't question it.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

Parents of lil kids: Costco has a fantastic water table in store for $65. Dual levels. Multiple accessories.

Had to really play trunk tetris to get it home, but I’m looking forward to drinking a cold beer on the patio while the kids dump water everywhere. PBUC.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

BadSamaritan posted:

Huh. It *is* sort of a chicken and egg problem, isn't it? Buy weights to get swole, but you ain't swole yet, so how do you get them in the car/house?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

The Midniter posted:

I bought a 75" TCL that was on clearance a couple years ago for $700. It replaced a 106" projector but its almost as big and the picture is a LOT better. Makes watching TV and playing game on the PS5 great.

I didn't get a free mount but I bought one from Costco that lets it swing out on a big arm which is great because then I can swing it out to see from the pool table in the next part of the basement. It's crazy how light weight these big rear end TVs are now.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Darchangel posted:

Huh. It *is* sort of a chicken and egg problem, isn't it? Buy weights to get swole, but you ain't swole yet, so how do you get them in the car/house?

With the adjustable dumbbells, once they're in the car and the car is home you open the box and take plates in a few at a time. Getting them in the car I think you could get a Costco person to help. Those would be my strats.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

I did see the dumbbell set with stand at the store today and apparently it’s split among 3 boxes, you just get one of each.

no_tears
Dec 20, 2020

Bing Bong

Honey Im Homme posted:

I bought a dishwasher, washer & dryer but did install myself (canada) I think the delivery guys were supposed to do "simple installs" but they didn't and I didn't question it.

Hmm alright. I don't know the first thing about installing appliances, but I guess that's what youtube is for! I'll have to ask someone next time I find myself there and see what the delivery deal is and go from there. I need a fridge and washer/dryer. For a new build so no appliances needing to be removed or anything special.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Installing appliances is usually easy and quick, but there are sometimes a few not-obvious mistakes you can make that will shorten the life of the appliance. Definitely find a guide online or something before you do it yourself

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Like installing a dish washer into a garbage disposal and not removing the plug from the disposal that the dishwasher line plugs into.

no_tears
Dec 20, 2020

Bing Bong

poisonpill posted:

Installing appliances is usually easy and quick, but there are sometimes a few not-obvious mistakes you can make that will shorten the life of the appliance. Definitely find a guide online or something before you do it yourself

My only real fear is with the dryer, because it’ll be natural gas instead of electric. So I just need to watch a few vids and actually pay attention haha

no_tears
Dec 20, 2020

Bing Bong

BigPaddy posted:

Like installing a dish washer into a garbage disposal and not removing the plug from the disposal that the dishwasher line plugs into.

That sounds…messy! No garbage disposal being installed, aren’t a very common thing for houses up here for whatever reason. Maybe eventually. I’ll need to remember this

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Washing machine drain hose. Just… be careful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Crotch blew out on a pair of the Kirkland dress pants I bought before the pandemic and so far have never returned. I love them so much for 18 bucks they are the equivalent of the ultra premium stuff at dept stores but Covid killed them I guess because they havent been around in 2 years. I'm now down to 8 pairs and I check the website every single day hoping the available varieties of Kirkland branded pants goes from (2) to (3) and I will be the happiest shopper on earth.

Thank you listening to my tale.