Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
He lost two hands and fell to his death in a Star Wars film. It'd be weirder if he did die, tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

He's currently the only Force user who has not returned from falling to his death.

Even from other points of view, Obi-Wan and Luke survived falling to their deaths!

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Sash! posted:

I've never been convinced Mace didn't survive.

I mean really, we watched Anakin fall from a similar height on Coruscant in Clones and he survived just fine. Maul survived getting cut in half and falling down a seemingly bottomless pit. Hell, you kinda gotta think that old Palpy survived getting thrown down the reactor core by Vader, it was the Death Star blowing up around him that actually killed him.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

jng2058 posted:

I mean really, we watched Anakin fall from a similar height on Coruscant in Clones and he survived just fine.

And landed on a speeder flying at high speed. Force don't give no shits about momentum.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I choose to believe that he can basically fly, as depicted in the old Clone Wars cartoon.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Mace Windu that beat a platoon of droids to death with his bare hands is the only canon version of Mace Windu. According to aLl Da LoRe, Mace is the kind of force user who infuses his physical body with the force itself, making him the most fearsome and deadly Jedi knight in memory. We never really get to see that in the films, so I’m glad they gave him such an iconic scene in the show.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

jng2058 posted:

I mean really, we watched Anakin fall from a similar height on Coruscant in Clones and he survived just fine. Maul survived getting cut in half and falling down a seemingly bottomless pit. Hell, you kinda gotta think that old Palpy survived getting thrown down the reactor core by Vader, it was the Death Star blowing up around him that actually killed him.

We see Mace fly off a pretty high terrace and land no problem in AOTC too. He's got the skill to pull off that poo poo.

https://i.imgur.com/U31jhdu.mp4

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

teagone posted:

We see Mace fly off a pretty high terrace and land no problem in AOTC too. He's got the skill to pull off that poo poo.

He can't remove his robe if he has no hands, check mate liberals.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

teagone posted:

Personally, I think Mace should be dead as part of Anakin's final turn arc ("WHAT HAVE I DONE :gonk:") but this is the first time someone's pointed this out to me as a plausible survivor scenario and I hate it.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Hazo posted:

Personally, I think Mace should be dead as part of Anakin's final turn arc ("WHAT HAVE I DONE :gonk:") but this is the first time someone's pointed this out to me as a plausible survivor scenario and I hate it.

He also thought he killed Padme thanks to Palpatine saying he did, so thinking Mace died when he didn't is a valid option

Something something from a certain point of view...

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
What even would a Mace return story be. Returning to the temple to save Grogu and some other younglings?

For canon death revivals, they've been pretty good about ending those stories by redoing how they original died, ala "Obi-Wan killed Maul" (See TPM, or Rebels). Is the ultimate pay off to such a Mace series him dying to Sheev in an actual competently staged fight?

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

Teek posted:

What even would a Mace return story be. Returning to the temple to save Grogu and some other younglings?

For canon death revivals, they've been pretty good about ending those stories by redoing how they original died, ala "Obi-Wan killed Maul" (See TPM, or Rebels). Is the ultimate pay off to such a Mace series him dying to Sheev in an actual competently staged fight?

I genuinely think any Mace story will be more to flesh out Boba Fett than anything else. Basically recreating his Legends feud with Solo, except using Mace instead.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I just had the vision of Samuel L. Jackson as an older/weary Mace running into Donald Glover as a young Lando and I have no idea what the gently caress it would entail or what would happen, but I’d kinda like to see it.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Sam Jackson should really be flying first class :colbert:

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Captain Splendid posted:

Sam Jackson should really be flying first class :colbert:

Sam Jackson should have his own space ship. And it should be purple - just like Mace Windu's lightsaber blade.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If we get a Mace Windu show, do we call it “Star Wars: Mace” or “Star Wars: Windu”?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Cartoon Man posted:

If we get a Mace Windu show, do we call it “Star Wars: Mace” or “Star Wars: Windu”?

SW: MW

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Star Windu: Mace Wars

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Windu: a War Wars Wory

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
he's loving dead, palpatine and anakin;

- chopped his hands off
- fried the poo poo out of him
- threw him off a thousand-floor skyscraper

it's fine that mace can survive one, he can't survive all three

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Mameluke posted:

- chopped his hands off

that makes it more likely he will survive!!

Also he only had 1 hand chopped off

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
Windu Beneath Our Wings - with Bette Midler as a musical Sith.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Everyone posted:

Windu Beneath Our Wings - with Bette Midler as a musical Sith.

I clicked this expecting to see a lame parody and was greeted by Ewan MacGregor's Expedia ad :tinfoil:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Somehow, Mace Windu has returned.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Mameluke posted:

- chopped his hands off

This is less than what happened to Darth Maul who went on from his own movie (cut in half and thrown down an energy shaft) to basically star in 2 different TV shows.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
Going with Windu Drawers. :p

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

"I Lived, Bitch" Starring Mace Windu and Darth Maul's Severed Legs

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Vinylshadow posted:

"I Lived, Bitch" Starring Mace Windu and Darth Maul's Severed Legs

He's using the legs as arms, right?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Mace Windu appearing from the shadows, unfolding his arms from his chest to reveal… Darth Maul’s severed feet attached to his wrists

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Mameluke posted:

- chopped his hands off

None of those things has ever killed a Force User in Star Wars and to the contrary every single one is demonstrably survivable.

If they can bring back Maul they can certainly bring back Mace. Honestly a miss not doing so for the Boba show since that would be a conflict/grude people would remember from the movies and give a poo poo about seeing the payoff.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sash! posted:

I've never been convinced Mace didn't survive.

Jackson has said he thinks his Jurassic Park character is still alive too, so apparently in his head canon he has a lot of armless characters running around

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It honestly does kind of suck that no one ever dies anymore. Makes Han Solo’s death feel stupid and avoidable.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Lobok posted:

Somehow, Mace Windu has returned.

Bust Rodd posted:

It honestly does kind of suck that no one ever dies anymore. Makes Han Solo’s death feel stupid and avoidable.
Han Solo got to become a no poo poo super ghost who Ben could touch and feel. He's unstoppable.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He changes his name to Mace Windy

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

CelticPredator posted:

Made Windu? Never heard of him, I'm Wace Mindu

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

CelticPredator posted:

Only if we also get Cos Dashit and CJ Thorpe

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
No-one's ever really gone.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Death icky

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

CelticPredator posted:

That was an accident. He submitted the form through his phone. Autocorrect strikes back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
He now goes by Baad Mofo