Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I’m sure they’ll do the Cars movies at some point. An animated movie with Larry should get Eric extra agitated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Pops Mgee posted:

I’m sure they’ll do the Cars movies at some point. An animated movie with Larry should get Eric extra agitated.

I doubt it. It's only the second one that's truly terrible and I don't think they'd find too much to grasp at in those movies.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I think they could do a Cars film. I haven't seen the second one (yet) but the first one, for how tepid it is, could make an episode. There's a lot of old-America boomer mystifying that's ripe for WHM's mockery.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Pops Mgee posted:

He's also in a Madea movie. I don't remember which one and I don't care enough to look it up.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I personally would like them to redo some Belushi movies. It's been far too long since we've heard that impression.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

BigglesSWE posted:

I doubt it. It's only the second one that's truly terrible and I don't think they'd find too much to grasp at in those movies.

Cars 2 makes Cars 3 look like Cars.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I'd love for them to get into a bit more of those odd 90's kids movies, like Blank Check and Milk Money.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

I'd love for them to get into a bit more of those odd 90's kids movies, like Blank Check and Milk Money.

Santa With Muscles
Top Dog

There's so many bad movies out there.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
It has been a while since we've had a 90s kids rule movie with a disgusting poo poo boy. The last one that really stands out is the one where the kids lock their parents in the basement.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

House Arrest. I just re-listened to that episode a week or so ago. That kid also did a straight to video movie called The Paper Brigade right after House Arrest with Robert Englund playing some PTSD ridden neighbor obsessed with war who eventually helps main character “Gunther” get back at some bullies by assaulting them with paintball guns.

dorium fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Mar 20, 2022

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Stan Lee Aaron Spelling presents: What if DONNA had found the hammer of Thor?

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1505346180884140036

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
I stopped listening to this show last year cause I ended up listening to a few new show's backlog. What were some of the best episodes of 2021 that I should definitely listen to?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

I remember Pet Sematary being pretty good

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SilentChaz posted:

Stan Lee Aaron Spelling presents: What if DONNA had found the hammer of Thor?

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1505346180884140036

With Aaron Spelling as Odin. "What if DONNA was worthy?"

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat
I don't know if the boys watch this thread, but Deep Water on Hulu might be a Once in A Lifetime contender. This was a high budget, well-acted Lifetime movie. I laughed throughout the movie but I'm not sure if I was supposed to.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

UnleashedDad posted:

I stopped listening to this show last year cause I ended up listening to a few new show's backlog. What were some of the best episodes of 2021 that I should definitely listen to?

101 Dalmatians was one of the best of last year

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
For the more recent episodes check out The Truth About Cats and Dogs and the 600th episode Delta Farce.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Delta Farce really is their best ep in quite a while IMO.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Kneecaps posted:

I don't know if the boys watch this thread, but Deep Water on Hulu might be a Once in A Lifetime contender. This was a high budget, well-acted Lifetime movie. I laughed throughout the movie but I'm not sure if I was supposed to.

I ended up watching this but not with the Lifetime lens and I wish I had. I don't get why it was getting hype in the streaming thread.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Wild Things with Angelica Bastien is amazingggggggggg

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Kneecaps posted:

I read the book recently but have not seen the movie. Are the snails in this version?

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Arson Daily posted:

:emptyquote:

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I read the book recently but have not seen the movie. Are the snails in this version?

They definitely are

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

It's literally part of the promotional cycle:

Deep Water snail handler tells all: Ben Affleck was 'exceptionally good' with the gastropods

https://ew.com/movies/ben-affleck-deep-water-snails/

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

The Modern Leper posted:

It's literally part of the promotional cycle:

Deep Water snail handler tells all: Ben Affleck was 'exceptionally good' with the gastropods

https://ew.com/movies/ben-affleck-deep-water-snails/

When I read the book I was like "that's such a weird trait for a character" and then I looked up more about the author and

The New York Times posted:

In 1946, while walking past a New York City fish market, Highsmith spotted two snails locked in a loving embrace. Intrigued, she took them home, placed them in a fishbowl and watched their wriggling copulation, spellbound. As was typical of Highsmith, she was riveted by what others found repulsive or nauseating. “They give me a sort of tranquility,” she said of the gastropods. “It is quite impossible to tell which is the male and which is the female, because their behavior and appearance are exactly the same,” she wrote elsewhere.

Highsmith’s fascination with snails only grew from there. She reportedly kept three hundred of them in her back garden in Suffolk, England, and once brought about a hundred with her to a cocktail party, hidden along with a large head of lettuce in her handbag, which she delighted in showing to surprised guests. Moving from England to France, Highsmith was prohibited by law from bringing her snails into the country, so she smuggled them in under her breasts, fitting up to ten under each.

Sorry for the digression, this was just knowledge I had to share

BrownPepper
Dec 30, 2017

When I read the book I was like "that's such a weird trait for a character" and then I looked up more about the author and

Sorry for the digression, this was just knowledge I had to share

Patricia Highsmith loving rules, and, yep, she was big into snails. She has a short story about a guy encountering giant carnivorous snails while stranded on an island. He's able to easily outrun them, but the island is so small that he if ever sleeps or even stops to rest they will quickly catch up with him. Really nice mean spirited little horror story that stuck with me when I read it as a kid.

We Hate Movies is great, I can't believe how long I've been listening. Not the first podcast I listened to but probably the earliest one I still listen to consistently. I found out about them in the comments section of the AV Club podcast round up back when that site worth reading. First episode was Silver Bullet, and they were using non licensed songs as intro music. I haven't listened to the Flophouse or most of the UCB/Earwolf podcasts in years, but I still love WHM. Really appreciate that they are successful without a ton of mainstream media ties. It's fun when they cross over with more "famous" people like Gabrus or even the Blank Check guys, but the WHM crew seem like pretty regular relatable dudes who are just really funny. A lot of podcasts, even ones I like, tend to be hosted by over payed writers or comedians from rich rear end families- the kind of people who pursue and get "media" jobs. The WHM gang on the other hand are proletarian heroes.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

UnleashedDad posted:

Here's a few of the most memorable 2021 episodes to me:

The Pest
Wonder Woman 1984
PS I Love You
Goodfellas (WLM)
Iron Man 1 and 2
Zookeeper
Honey I Shrunk The Kids

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Their impression of Gadot saying “stone” is permanently embedded in my mind.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
The Gadot impression morphing into the Herzog the same way their Holly Hunter morphed into Busey is so drat funny

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Just a weird thing I noticed listening to some old AD’s (specifically Robocop: The Animated Series), Chris makes a Jude Law Blog joke from Contagion based on Andrew mentioning the permafrost melting in the arctic releasing unknown diseases in 2017. I think I’m putting together all the parts of a grand conspiracy that involves Eric trying to end the world.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Arson Daily posted:

Any episode with Angelica Bastien is amazing :colbert:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Iron Crowned posted:

She's pretty much the best guest.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I can always hear Angelica's "This bitch" in response to Steve's "Gamemaster's clue!"

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Iron Crowned posted:

:hmmyes:

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaKsZC0whYc&t=19s

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

BrownPepper posted:

Patricia Highsmith loving rules, and, yep, she was big into snails. She has a short story about a guy encountering giant carnivorous snails while stranded on an island. He's able to easily outrun them, but the island is so small that he if ever sleeps or even stops to rest they will quickly catch up with him. Really nice mean spirited little horror story that stuck with me when I read it as a kid.

Ha, I was just about to mention this Highsmith short story. All of her work rules and is so dark that it's really only been adapted into American films over the past 20 years. (Though the French have been adapting her work for MUCH longer.)

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

I was not expecting Loose Loomis to turn up during The Last Boy Scout, but that was an absolute highlight of the episode for me.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Been chuckling all day after Eric's reveal that his ultima online characters name was Merlin Manson. Never caught that little detail in the RP1 episode before lol

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

On the gleep glossary, what does Eric say at the end of every episode? It sounds like “go e-shoot yourself”? I can’t tell if it’s a reference to something or a callback or if he’s just telling Star Wars fans to bite it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

dracky posted:

On the gleep glossary, what does Eric say at the end of every episode? It sounds like “go e-shoot yourself”? I can’t tell if it’s a reference to something or a callback or if he’s just telling Star Wars fans to bite it

"e chu ta", it's a Huttese curse.

trap sprung, etc.